Welcome Back! ~

Dear Teacher

 

“So are you saying that I’m a lousy teacher?” Sunggyu asked in disbelief.

“Yeah you are! Hoya told me that you couldn’t even handle the class and just allowed them to do whatever they want!” Woohyun rebutted back at Sunggyu.

“Who’s fault do you think it is anyway?” Sunggyu gritted his teeth.

“What?! Are you going to blame your incompetence on me? That’s really mature,” Woohyun gave a sarcastic comment.

“Nam Woohyun you!” Sunggyu was fuming mad.

“Excuse me,” Another voice was heard and the two men in the car turned to see Hoya who was leaning beside the car.

“Howon!” Woohyun reacted first.

“Hyunnie you dummie!!” Hoya started acting cute and ran over to Woohyun. He hugged his best friend tightly.

“I was looking for you the whole night of yesterday!” Hoya whined to Woohyun.

“Ohh. I’m sorry. But I returned your message yesterday didn’t i?” Woohyun told the clingy friend.

Sunggyu frowned when he saw Hoya hugging Woohyun.

“I’m going up now,” Sunggyu informed the two and stepped out of the Ferrari. He then walked to his apartment just ahead.

Sunggyu was surprised when the Ferrari drove past him and Hoya was in the passenger seat. Sunggyu frowned.

‘That horrible Nam Woohyun didn’t even say anything!’ Sunggyu thought to himself.

“Nam Woohyun you idiot!” Sunggyu shouted after the car.

“Hyung?! You’re back!” Sungjong saw Sunggyu outside the apartment and ran up to his brother.

“Sungjong-ahh! I missed you,” Sunggyu went over and hugged his little brother.

“Aish, hyung! It’s only one day! Come on up. I’ll make you breakfast,” Sungjong told his brother whose face lit up at once after hearing that.

~

‘Nam Woohyun you idiot!’

Woohyun sneezed, shocking Hoya who was beside him.

“Gosh, did you catch a cold?” Hoya asked in concern, switching on the heater in Woohyun’s car.

“Yeah, what do you expect? I was in this drenched clothes since yesterday,” Woohyun said.

Hoya chuckled.

“But honestly, I really didn’t expect you to go find him,” Hoya told his friend.

Woohyun didn’t reply.

“He’s really getting to you, isn’t he?” Hoya asked but once again, there was no reply.

“Woohyun, you do know that you can’t, right?” Hoya’s voice was tainted with sadness.

“Yeah. Don’t worry about it. He and I are nothing other than teacher and student,” Woohyun reassured his best friend.

Hoya smiled slightly at Woohyun’s reassurance but he couldn’t help but still feel worry for his best friend.

“Where are you going now, buddy?” Hoya decided to change his mood and expression. Worrying about it won’t help the situation anyway.

“I’m going back home first. Then, I’m going to visit someone,” Woohyun told his plans to Hoya.

“Someone?” Hoya asked.

Woohyun didn’t identify the person and simply smiled.

~

Sunggyu wiped his wet hair with the towel.

“Ahhh” He had never felt so comfortable before in dry clothes and in a warm bedroom.

He went over to his wet clothing and spotted the apple next to it. He picked it up and examined the pretty little fruit.

He smiled unconsciously as he remembered the soft and warm hands of Woohyun.

“Hyung?” Sungjong called out to his brother.

“Hmm?” Sunggyu answered.

“Is that something important? You seem to like it a lot,” Sungjong sat on his brother’s bed and said.

Sunggyu blushed slightly and smiled. “I guess it’s something like that,” Sunggyu told his little brother.

“Oh! And I almost forgot to tell Sungyeol-hyung that you’re back!” Sungjong stood up and exclaimed.

“He was really worried about you,” Sungjong shouted out to his brother and went to his own room to get his phone.

Sunggyu smiled after hearing that. He took one last look at the apple before leaving it next to the Pororo plaster on his desk and leaving his room.

~

The sliding door opened to reveal an old man.

“Who are you?” The old man barked.

Woohyun smiled at him and took a briefcase from his bodyguards who accompanied him.

He opened the briefcase and dropped watts of money onto the soil. The old man immediately went to pick them up.

“For all of these, I want you to be my witness,” Woohyun said to the old man.

The old man looked up at Woohyun, showing a puzzled expression. Then, something in his head clicked.

“I recognize you! You, from one month ago!” The old man exclaimed.

Woohyun nodded and kept his smile.

“Would you please make a trip to Shin Academy with me?” Woohyun said.

When in the car, Hoya whined, “Honestly. I know you have money but that much just for a one-day witness. Who pays for somebody to say the truth?”

Woohyun simply smiled at his best friend.

“Somebody paid him to retire and return to his home town. He was also forced to lie that his home town was in Nori. Surely, somebody was behind it,” Woohyun explained to his best friend.

“If I had given any lesser than the previous, the old man would definitely not accept it. And if I had added more, it would have shown my desperation and the old man would report it to the mastermind. Rather than risking it, I would rather eat one less meal,” Woohyun said.

Hoya nodded, understanding Woohyun’s words.

“The previous teacher didn’t look that smart to do it. You don’t think it is…” Hoya expressed his views.

“I can’t say for certain now because the information is quite limited,” Woohyun replied.

“Woohyun. If it’s really like that, and there is really somebody trying to keep you suspended, is it really safe to return to that place?” Hoya asked.

“I know you don’t really need to return to school. You’re doing it for him, aren’t you?” Hoya continued his questions.

Woohyun looked at his best friend and replied, “I guess I have to be honest eh?”

Hoya gave Woohyun a puzzled look but Woohyun simply smiled and refused to continue the conversation.

~

Infinite’s chaser reverberated throughout the tiny apartment.

Sunggyu took a pillow to cover his ears from the loud sound.

“Sunggyu-hyung! Your phone!” It was so unbearable such that Sungjong from the other room had to come over and wake his lazy hyung up.

“Ahh! I’m going to kill whoever is that!” Sunggyu shouted in exasperation before reaching for his phone and answering it.

“Gyu Gee Gee!” Dongwoo’s voice rang loudly on the other side of the phone.

“Dongwoo?! Gosh do you know the time now?” Sunggyu chided his over-excited colleague.

“Gosh! It’s 9.30 already! It’s time to wake up! Don’t be such an old grandpa!” Dongwoo rebutted.

“There’s no school today! I’ve been out the past few days and I’m drained! Don’t disturb me!” Sunggyu shouted at the phone.

“That’s not the point here! Woohyun’s in school now talking to the principal!” Dongwoo blurted out.

“What?!” Sunggyu leapt out of bed. “I’ll be there in 15 minutes!”

Sunggyu dashed to the toilet and changed quickly at top speed before rushing out of the house.

“Hyung?” Sungjong was shocked to see Sunggyu doing everything so quickly for the first time. Must be something important, he presumed.

Sunggyu dashed out to school, hoping to finally understand what is going on.

~

“And so, it wasn’t his fault,” The old man ended his speech.

The principal stared at the old man with widened eyes. He could not believe what he was hearing. Mr Park, who was standing beside the principal, was also indisbelief. He glanced at the student who brought the old man.

“What are you trying to do, Nam Woohyun?” Mr Park asked the student.

“Is there something wrong, teacher? I just found someone to prove my innocence,” Woohyun simply smiled at the head teacher.

“Why do it one month after your suspension? Your suspension is going to end soon, anyway,” Mr Park told the student.

“Hmmm, well that was what I thought to. Until a certain someone came to tell me that he needs me right now in the school. And that I shouldn’t let anyone accuse me of anything I didn’t done wrong,” Woohyun kept his bright smile as he continued.

“Nam Woohyun, you!” Mr Park gritted his teeth.

“Mr Park!” The principal called out to his head teacher. The Head Teacher realized that his actions were a little overboard and he immediately relaxed.

Woohyun’s smile remained plastered on his face.

The door suddenly flung open to reveal Sunggyu, who dashed into the room and was panting heavily.

“Sunggyu-ssi!” Mr Park was the first to recognize the new teacher.

“Dongwoo-ssi, Sena-ssi,” Mr Park also saw the two who was hiding behind the door.

Dongwoo scratched his head and Sena let out an awkward giggle.

“Sorry for interrupting. We’ll bring Sunggyu-ssi out this moment,” Dongwoo apologized to the principal and Mr Park as he dragged Sunggyu out.

“Wait a moment!” Sunggyu struggled to break free.

“It’s fine,” The principal said, surprising the three teachers, who froze in their steps immediately.

“Nam Woohyun-ssi,” The principal went up to the student.

Woohyun didn’t even seem intimidated and continued his bright smile.

“You may return to school on Monday,” The principal told the student.

His words startled everyone in the room as all the teachers turned to look at the principal incredulously. Sunggyu couldn’t believe his ears.

“Thank you so much, principal,” Woohyun bowed slightly with confidence, as if he had already expected such a response.

“But you should know that if you’re caught again, you won’t be let off that easily. This time you too were at fault, but I guess one month of suspension is enough,” The principal told Woohyun.

Woohyun was unfazed and nodded, “Of course, sir.”

“If there’s nothing, then you may leave now. Mr Kim, Mr Jang and Ms Lee, you may all leave too,” The principal instructed the three teachers.

Woohyun was the first to take his leave and he brushed past the three teachers. He winked at Sunggyu before he left.

It took a while for the three teachers to react and leave the room quietly.

“Principal! Why did you allow Woohyun to return?” As soon as everybody left, Mr Park asked the principal immediately.

“Do I have a choice? That guy even got himself a witness,” The Principal sighed and returned to his seat.

“But if the leader returns, 3D will become even more wild and uncontrollable!” Mr Park offered his viewpoint.

“I know! But now, there’s nothing to keep him away from school. Plus, his dad is our huge sponsor. We can’t afford to offend him!” The Principal expressed his frustrations.

“Damn!” My Park cursed.

However, there was one thing that didn’t make sense for the Principal. Why did Nam Woohyun suddenly decided to come back? Surely if he intended to, he would have done this one month ago and not wait till now.

The Principal remembered Woohyun’s words ‘A certain someone…’

‘Who is that?’ The Principal clasped his hands and thought.

~

“Woohyun!” Sunggyu called after Woohyun who walked straight out of the office into the school building.

Finally, the student decided to stop and turn around. He watched as his teacher chased up to him.

Sunggyu had many questions to ask the student but in front of Woohyun, he suddenly forgot all of them. “Why?” Sunggyu asked.

“What why?” Woohyun chuckled at his teacher’s first question. “You wanted it didn’t you, Sunggyu-ssi?” Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu, who blushed upon hearing Woohyun’s new way of addressing him.

“But I can’t call you that anymore. From Monday, we are going to be teacher and student, teacher,” Woohyun said to Sunggyu.

Then, he leaned inward to Sunggyu. He bent over and whispered into Sunggyu’s ears, “Please take care of me, Tea-ch-er.”

This time, Woohyun caught Sunggyu’s bright red blush. He smiled.

“Woohyun!” Woohyun spun around to see his two friends running up to him. Apparently, they had gotten the news.

“WHoohooo!” Sungyeol cheered.

“I’m so glad you coming back,” Myungsoo grinned at his friend.

“Yeah, I’m glad I’m back too,” Woohyun answered.

“Teacher, thank you so much!” Sungyeol went over to Sunggyu and hugged him. Sunggyu was so surprised they didn’t know how to react.

Woohyun’s eyes twitched when he saw that.

“I… I didn’t do anything,” Sunggyu told his tall student.

“Noo! You are our savior! You managed to find the old man and convince Woohyun to return to school!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

“Huh? I… didn’t…” Sunggyu tried to explain but he was interrupted by Myungsoo.

“You don’t have to pretend to be humble. Woohyun told us how you went all the way to Nori to find the old man and was caught in the rainstorm,” Myungsoo said.

Sunggyu turned his gaze to Woohyun who just smiled.

“Well, thanks a lot, teacher,” Woohyun grinned at Sunggyu. Sunggyu frowned. He knew that cheeky smile of Woohyun which he always does when he is teasing Sunggyu.

“Anyway, let’s go celebrate!” Sungyeol declared and dragged Sunggyu.

“What?! He’s coming too?” Myungsoo was shocked that Sunggyu was joining them.

“I’m coming too?” Sunggyu asked in disbelief.

“Of course! I’m going to call Sungjong along too!” Sungyeol announced. “That’s fine, right Woohyun?” Sungyeol asked for Woohyun’s permission.

Woohyun simply nodded and smiled at the choding.

“I need to go somewhere first. So you guys go ahead?” Woohyun told the three.

“Ehh, why?” Sunggyu wanted to ask but was interrupted by Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

“Okay, we’ll meet you at the school gate,” Myungsoo said.

“Let’s go let’s go!” Sungyeol was overly-excited and screaming.

Woohyun watched the three left for the school gate. Then, he retraced his steps to the laboratory, which he passed earlier on and caught sight of someone he recognized.

The person was engrossed in mixing the chemicals he didn’t even realize that Woohyun stood by the door.

Woohyun knocked and the person immediately glanced up from his chemicals. The person was definitely shocked to see Woohyun in school and dropped the test tube on the floor.

The breaking sound of the glass reverberated throughout the laboratory and the person immediately bent down to clear up the mess.

“So hardworking even on the weekends?” Woohyun asked as he approached the person.

“Why are you back? Aren’t you on suspension?” The person didn’t even bother looking at Woohyun and continued clearing.

“I found the old man, that’s why,” Woohyun said.

The person appeared startled as he froze in his actions. Woohyun noticed this and his smile left.

“Why did you come here anyway?” The person questioned.

“Nothing. I just wanted to say hi,” Woohyun replied.

The person snorted and brushed past Woohyun to the dustbin and emptied the glass into it.

“Are you two doing well?” Woohyun asked.

The person immediately spun around to stare at Woohyun.

“What are you trying to say?” The person growled at Woohyun.

Woohyun gave a sad smile when he saw that. He can’t assume anything without any proof.

“I’m sorry I ruined your mood and your experiment. I’m going now. Take care, Heechul,” Woohyun patted the guy on his shoulder before he left.

As soon as Woohyun left, Heechul clenched his fist and gritted his teeth.

‘Nam Woohyun…’ Heechul whispered the name angrily and all the memories came flooding back to him.

 

 

Author's note: Here's Woohyun's arrival back in school!! ^^ but the main action starts on monday. this chap is a building up! Though i'll need another name/actor/ido? any suggestions? In fact, i'll need two. hahahas. ohh if im free, i'll try updating one last chapter before i go on my three days leave! sorry, im a bit busy recently. >< thanks so much for all the comments n all!