Teacher talk

Dear Teacher

 

Sunggyu’s eyes fluttered open. It took his eyes some time to get used to the location he was in. He was in a car, with a jacket on him.

His hand instinctively went to his head as it was aching badly. Suddenly, Sunggyu felt extremely sick and weak.

“You should rest and stop moving,” A familiar voice came from beside him.

Sunggyu was shocked when he turned and recognized the person.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu’s voice came out hoarse and a lot weaker than he had expected.

Woohyun was startled to hear that kind of feeble voice from Sunggyu. Unconsciously, he began to step on the accelerator.

“Just lay back and rest. We’ll return to town and get you to a doctor,” Woohyun told Sunggyu, concern and worry evident in his voice.

 Upon hearing that, instead of resting, Sunggyu summoned all his energy to get up into a sitting position. Then, he reached out for Woohyun’s hand on the wheel.

Woohyun turned to look at Sunggyu, who was pale. Sunggyu shook his head at Woohyun and said weakly, “Don’t go back…”

“What?” Woohyun gave Sunggyu an incredulous expression.

“I need to go to… the Nori town. I can’t…give up now,” Sunggyu begged Woohyun with all his strength. It was taking him all his efforts to stay conscious now.

Woohyun stared at Sunggyu and refused to stop. “No,” He said sternly.

“Please…Woohyun, please…” Sunggyu pleaded with his student. His hand on Woohyun’s arm tightened.

Suddenly, Woohyun stepped on the brakes, causing the two to suddenly jerk forward. Sunggyu’s hand lost its grip on Woohyun’s arm and he fell back into the seat. However, Woohyun had made sure to put a protective arm in front of Sunggyu so the teacher would not fall too forward during the sudden brake.

Sunggyu, shocked by Woohyun’s sudden stop looked at his gorgeous student.

Woohyun turned to glance at his teacher. “Isn’t it enough?” Woohyun asked, his tone carried not anger, but concern.

Sunggyu watched his student intently.

“It’s enough already! Kim Sunggyu!” Woohyun shouted loudly before using his hand to block his face.

Sunggyu was surprised by Woohyun’s sudden outburst.

“So…please…stop. Stop doing all these things to trouble yourself,” Woohyun’s tone turned to a soft, gentle one.

Sunggyu was taken aback by his student’s words. Was Woohyun actually concerned about Sunggyu? Sunggyu could appreciate such thoughts but he couldn’t accept it.

“I’m sorry, Woohyun. I just can’t give up now,” Sunggyu muttered softly under his breath and reached out to touch Woohyun’s hand which was still blocking his face.

Woohyun was startled at Sunggyu’s soft and gentle touch but he didn’t flinch or move away from it. Instead he took Sunggyu’s cold hand into his and warmed them up.

“Why? Why would you go to such great lengths?” Woohyun asked Sunggyu, taking Sunggyu’s other hand into his and rubbing them so as to warm both Sunggyu’s freezing hands.

Sunggyu was shocked by Woohyun’s sudden action. He smiled and replied, “I want you back to the school.”

Woohyun chuckled at Sunggyu’s answer and released Sunggyu’s hands. “Just to tame the 3D students right?” Woohyun made an assumption and before Sunggyu could reply, Woohyun had already continued, “Okay, go sleep now. I’ll wake you up when we reach Nori.”

Then, Woohyun made a u-turn with his car and headed in the direction of Nori. He didn’t notice Sunggyu who had opened his mouth to make a comment. However, as he was being interrupted by Woohyun, the teacher could only close them back and swallow the words.

Sunggyu would also not admit it, but Woohyun’s hands were really warm and he hated it when they left his own.

~

The sky roared, waking the old lady from her deep slumber.

‘Hmmm, such a terrible storm,’ the old lady thought to herself.

She got up from her wooden bed and walked through the hallway to get a drink.

Suddenly, she heard a loud knock on her door. She was startled. ‘At this time, who could it be?’ She thought to herself. The knocks were insistent and loud.

“Sorry, is anybody in!?” A agitated voice was heard.

The old lady immediately ran to the front yard and saw a young man carrying somebody at the gate.

She took a wooden umbrella and dashed up to them.

“I’m so sorry but would you please help him?!” The young man explained quickly. Urgency and worry was stark vivid in his eyes.

The old lady took one look at the unconscious man on the young man’s back and said, “Come in quick!”

She let the two men into her house. The young man had laid the man on his back onto the bed the old lady had directed.

“Please please help him!” The young man begged her.

“Sure, would you please help me get a pail of hot water from the kitchen?” The old lady directed the young man and the two soon got busy trying to take care of the sick man.

“There…” The old lady laid the cold towel on the sick man’s burning forehead.

With the two working in fast motion, they soon got the sick man settled in the futon and fed him his medicine.

Seeing that the sick man was breathing steadily and sleeping like a baby, the young teenager let out a relieved sigh.

The old lady smiled watching the young teen did that. “Here, you’re all wet too,” The old lady handed a towel to the young teen.

“Thank you so much for everything,” The teen smiled at the old lady.

“He must be a very important person to you,” The old lady commented as the teen wiped himself.

The teen was shocked when the old lady said that. He stared at the old lady with widened eyes. Then, he turned to look at the sick man.

“No. He is just my teacher,” The teen tried to explain to the old lady but she simply smiled.

“It’s late at night. You should get some rest too,” The old lady told the young teen and directed him to another room.

“It’s fine. I’ll just sleep here. If he needs anything, I’ll be able to get it for him without bothering you too, Auntie,” The young teen smiled at the old lady and politely refused her offer.

The old lady chuckled and commented, “Just say honestly if you want to stay by his side.”

The young teen’s eyes dilated and he rushed to explain himself but the old lady stopped him.

“Young man, you have to be more honest or you’ll never be able to get your point across,” The old lady patted him on the shoulder.

As she was about to leave the room, she turned back and asked, “Oh! Silly me! I forgot to ask you for your name.”

The teenager smiled. “I’m Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.”

~

Hoya cut off the line after speaking with Woohyun’s butler.

Then, he dialed another number, the first one on his contacts.

“What’s wrong Baby? It’s not like you to call me,” The person on the other line spoke.

“Woohyun’s not home yet. And I can’t reach him. I wonder where is he?” Hoya spoke, showing all of his anxiety, not hiding anything.

“You went to Jungang Road and you can’t find him?” The person asked.

“I drove my car all the way up and down the road. However, because of the rain, there was nobody I could ask there. I’m really worried, Dongwoo,” Hoya said.

“Don’t worry, baby. I’m sure they’ll be fine. I’ll go with you tomorrow to look for them,” Dongwoo tried to pacify the anxious Hoya.

“I hope so,” Hoya muttered softly.

~

Sunggyu awoke due to the dryness of his throat. He was feeling a little better but still uncomfortable.

“Water,” He called out hoarsely.

Immediately, a cup of water was put into his hand.

Sunggyu opened his eyes wide to see a smiling old lady.

He took the water from her and drank.

“Woohyun!” He suddenly remembered. He turned to the old lady, “Auntie, did you see the guy that was with me?!” His tone was anxious and worried.

The old lady chuckled. “Hmmm, he must be a really important person to you too such that you asked about him first.”

Upon hearing that, Sunggyu blushed.

“He’s fine. He was with you before but he went out to make a phone call. The rain’s letting up soon and you are recovering. I’m sure by next morning you guys can go back to Yeonsu City,” The old lady told Sunggyu.

“Oh thank you so much,” Sunggyu expressed his gratitude to the old lady.

“Ahh, you should thank the young man. Woohyun, was it? He carried you to my house from his car. Our village don’t really allow cars in, you see,” The old lady said.

Sunggyu considered her words for a while. Surely, he had much to thank Woohyun for today.

“You were calling out his name in your sleep you know,” The old lady secretly whispered into Sunggyu’s ears.

“Huh?!” Sunggyu immediately jolted up and his face went as red as a tomato.

The old lady laughed heartily at Sunggyu’s reaction. “At least one of you two is honest,” She commented.

“Anyway, why would you two city boys come up here in this village?” The old lady was curious from before and she finally found the chance to ask.

“Oh, we’re actually looking for someone. I think he is called Old Jeon,” Sunggyu said to the old lady.

“Hmmm? I never heard of him,” The old lady thought for a while before replying.

“What?!” Sunggyu’s eyes widened and he exclaimed in shock.

“So what do you guys plan to do after finding him?” The old lady was interested in the city boys’ story.

“I’m trying to get Woohyun back to school,” Sunggyu gladly told her.

“Huh? Why is that so?” The old lady asked.

Sunggyu stopped at her question. He had used the response, ‘ to help the students, to guide the students’ many times to that question. But was that really Sunggyu’s objective?

Why did he want Woohyun back to school so badly?

“Actually, I don’t know…” Sunggyu started. “I don’t think it’s just about him going back to school. I just want to understand that guy…”

The old lady gave Sunggyu a puzzled look.

“You know, Auntie? That guy there is really mysterious. I can’t understand him and his thoughts. Sometimes, he is super nice and caring, but then, at other times, he suddenly turns cold and mean. But yet, there is this charm that acts like a magnet, attracting you closer. I want to understand why he is like that. I want to know when and why he’s happy or sad or mad,” Sunggyu continued.

The old lady nodded and listened attentively.

“He is a charismatic leader and with many people following him. Yet, there is this loneliness about him. He is unwilling to trust anybody, but I want to change it. I want to give him something to believe in. I want to understand him and his thoughts. I…I… what the hell am I talking?” Sunggyu got lost in his own babblings.

However, the old lady just smiled warmly at the teacher.

“I’m sure you two will be fine,” The old lady commented.

Then, she forced Sunggyu to sleep and rest. When the teacher was sleeping like a dead log, she finally walked out of the room and saw Woohyun in the next room, leaning by the wall. The young teen had an unreadable expression on his face.

The old lady smiled.

“My walls are thin huh?” The old lady asked Woohyun, who turned red after hearing that.

“If you’re not honest and keep pushing him away, the one who will hurt is not only you, but both of you,” The old lady continued before walking back to her room.

Woohyun watched as the old lady returned to her room.

‘Nobody asked you to do that,’ Woohyun thought silently in his head.

Then, he picked himself up from the floor and went outside.

The rain had already stopped and the sun was shining brightly into the house. After the rain, there would always be a colorful rainbow and its beautiful myriad of colors shot into Woohyun’s eyes.

Woohyun rubbed his eyes as he watched the beautiful sunrise from the countryside. He inhaled the fresh crisp air of the new dawn. Then, he felt his phone vibrate.

He checked it and was surprised to find the results of research he had asked to be done earlier. He smiled. The Nam Residence always had such great efficiency.

He locked his phone and continued looking at the beautiful scene.

“Thank you,” Woohyun heard somebody behind him said.

He spun around to see Sunggyu who somehow crept to his side.

“And sorry,” Sunggyu continued, averting his eyes and not meeting Woohyun’s.

He still felt a little guilty from before.

“I just don’t want to you to die while doing something so ridiculous,” Woohyun simply replied, his tone a little harsh. Woohyun then mentally chided himself when he saw Sunggyu gave a sad expression at his comment.

“Right, I have to go and find the Old man,” Sunggyu said, before turning around to return to the house.

Woohyun went over to grab the teacher’s hand, shocking Sunggyu. This action was probably unintended as Woohyun too seemed surprised by his action. The two stood awkwardly like that.

“Er…” Sunggyu started.

“We’re going back,” Woohyun interrupted and said quickly.

“What?!” Sunggyu gave a look of disbelief.

“I said, we’re going back. This is not the place you are looking for,” Woohyun told Sunggyu.

“But this is Nori town isn’t it?” Sunggyu cried out. Then, he remembered the old lady saying that they didn’t have a Old Jeon around here.

“We’re going back! Go tell the kind old Auntie!” Woohyun almost shouted at Sunggyu, not angrily but in fact, like he was kid insisting on a chocolate.

Woohyun pushed Sunggyu into the house and made him tell the old Auntie. The kind old lady smiled at the two and said, “Come back and visit anytime you want.”

“She’s so nice,” Sunggyu told Woohyun as they walked out of the house.

“Yeah…” Woohyun replied, agreeing with Sunggyu for once.

“Wait up!” The old lady’s voice was heard. The two turned around to see the old lady run up to them.

“Here! These two fellows grew last night after the heavy rainstorm. I’ll give them to you guys. I wish you two the best. Fighting!” The old lady gave Sunggyu and Woohyun each an apple.

The apples were bright red and shone prettily in the morning sun.

Woohyun and Sunggyu thanked the old lady profusely before making their way to the car.

On the way to the car, Sunggyu asked, “How did you find me?” From before, he was curious about that.

Woohyun took one look at him. “I went to Jungang Road, and then they told me you were here,” Woohyun simply replied. He was honest for most of the parts, except for one which he tracked the bus and found out that it had broken down. Woohyun almost sued the company and bashed up the driver. Still, that need not reach Sunggyu’s ears.

“Ahh, expected!” Sunggyu exclaimed. “I was right!”

Woohyun gave Sunggyu’s a puzzled look as they both entered the car.

“Hoya and Dongwoo are exchanging information, aren’t they?” Sunggyu said.

Woohyun gave a smirk and chuckled.

“What’s wrong?” Sunggyu didn’t see the problem.

“I guess you can say that. It’s not wrong,” Woohyun continued chuckling at Sunggyu’s innocence.

Sunggyu pouted as he knew Woohyun was laughing at him.

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu called out.

“Hmm?” Woohyun stopped laughing.

“Thank you so much for coming to help me,” Sunggyu told Woohyun sincerely.

The student’s eyes widened before he averted his eyes from Sunggyu’s sincere ones.

“It’s nothing,” Woohyun simply said.

“And you know, that time when you shouted at me, I was really glad,” Sunggyu confessed.

“What? Are you mental? How can you be glad when I shouted?” Woohyun asked.

“Because you called me by my name,” Sunggyu replied.

Woohyun tried to remember what he shouted that time.

“It’s enough already! Kim Sunggyu!” were his exact words.

“Ever since you found out I was a teacher, you never ever called me hamster or by my name anymore,” Sunggyu told him.

“Is that wrong?” Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu blushed profusely. He mentally chided himself why did he say such a brainless thing? After all, it is common for a student to address the teacher like that.

“Right, never mind me,” Sunggyu turned away from Woohyun and looked outside the window. He didn’t want Woohyun to see him embarrassed.

Woohyun too didn’t say anything and continued driving.

The two both drove out of the village that they were in and were on the main road now.

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu called again.

“Hmm?” Woohyun answered once more.

“By any chance… did you not go to Nori town?” Sunggyu asked hesitantly.

Woohyun gulped.

Sunggyu clenched his fist and his blood boiled.

“Why the hell didn’t you go there!” Sunggyu shouted at his student.

Woohyun told one look at the angry teacher and gasped in disbelief, “What?!”

“I went all the way in the rainstorm to search for you! The rainstorm was so heavy I couldn’t even see the signs clearly!” Woohyun shouted back at the teacher.

“Still! What the hell is Noru village?” It’s totally different!” Sunggyu rebutted.

“You ungrateful thing!” Woohyun shouted back.

On the way back to Yeonsu City, the two bickered with each other and the passer-by all turned to look at this noisy duo. Right in the morning, the two started quarreling and disturbing the people around. People stared at them angrily, but they took no notice. They were both too engrossed in their little argument, which soon didn’t made sense.

 

 

 

Author's note: 

I'm so so sorry!! i know this should have been up yesterday. but well, it's longer than usual. hahahs. i got my retribution after making Sunggyu sick. Was in bed yesterday with a fever >< hiaxxx. still, im so sorry for ppl hu stayed up ytd (if any) to wait for the update!!! i give u my sincere apologies! I hope i didn't screw this woogyu scene that everyone was looking forward to! ohh, and thank you so much for all the subscription and comments!! i'll work even harder to make u guys enjoy the story! 70 subscribers!!! ^^ im sooo sooo happy!! lol. kkay im done.

Next chap update: In the next chap ppl, hmmm, kkay i'll reveal a bit. Woohyun's coming back to school!!!!! ^^ it was supposed to b in this chap but apparently woogyu moments took too long. blehh gonna put it in the next chap n hopefully it looks okay. look forward to it ehhh? :D

thanks everybody!! ^^