Revelation

World of Secrets

The boys slept through the morning and awoke to the low afternoon sun. Donghae peered through sleep ridden eyelids to see the figure that he knew to belonged Hyukjae standing at the mouth of the cave staring out at the horizon. He rose and made his way past the still awakening group of boys to stand next to him.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Donghae asked as he gazed at the sky that was tinted orange by the setting sun.

“It’s just another ending.” Hyukjae stated simply.

“Is it? Or is a sunset just a beginning in disguise?” Donghae riddled and Hyukjae remained quiet.

They stood like that for a few minutes, listening to the others slowly wake up behind them before Donghae finally broke the silence.

“We have to stop them, hyung. We have to stop this war.” He argued and Hyukjae simply stared back at him blankly.

“The only thing that can stop the unit now is a direct retreat order from Jonghyun, and there is no way that is happening.” Hyukjae argued and Donghae shook his head in refusal.

“Then I will go to him, convince him to call them off.” Donghae argued and was about to head back inside to grab his pack when a hand closed tightly around his wrist.

“How do you suppose you are going to do that, huh? I know my father, and he will NEVER call those troops off.” Hyukjae tried to reason but Donghae just shook his head again, refusing to accept the obvious.

“You know how to stop the chain of dominoes from falling?” He asked and Hyukjae just gave him a puzzled expression.

“You remove the first one.”

“Wouldn’t the second one just start the chain then?” Hyukjae questioned.

“Well, in this case, wouldn’t you be the second domino? You are his son after all.” Donghae reasoned.

“I’m coming with you.” Hyukjae said and then disappeared into the cave to grab their things.

Donghae smiled as the older boy had just realized his plan. Hyukjae reappeared holding their bags and gave Donghae a small smile while handing him his.

Hyukjae had been right; things were going to change tonight, just not in the way they had expected.

 

They were sitting together, side by side, on the empty train that led them back to the city. Nothing was being said, nothing needed to be said. They both knew perfectly well what they were getting into, what they were trying to do. These two boys, strangers until a few days ago, were attempting to take down possibly the most powerful man in the world. Donghae knew that the task was nearly impossible, but the boy sitting next to him might just make it happen.

“You do realize that, things may not end well for your father?” Donghae asked wanting to make sure Hyukjae was ok with whatever may happen.

“I know, I don’t want to hurt him, but if it is necessary, I will.” Hyukjae said without looking up at Donghae.

Donghae looked at the boy next to him. For the first time since they met Donghae could see something on his face that he never expected to be there; fear.

“Do you trust me?” Donghae asked and took Hyukjae’s hand.

This trust had to be the most important part of what was going to come. If they couldn’t trust each other what they were about to attempt would surely fail.

“Absolutely.” Hyukjae answered giving his hand a tight squeeze before they fell silent again for the rest of the ride into the city.

 

They emerged in the underground labyrinth that Donghae had been brought through only a few days prior. The two left the train and headed back towards the elevator that they had originally come down in. They entered it and began going up at an alarming rate, back to the surface of the real world. They retraced their steps through the lobby and to the other set of elevators where they went up to the top floor. They made their way to the stair case that led to Jonghyun’s ‘office’ again, only this time side by side. Hyukjae used his eye to open the door and they went up the stairs. Before they went through the final door Hyukjae looked at Donghae and asked: “Are you ready?” Donghae simply nodded and Hyukjae opened the door and they stepped into the dimly lit office to face a very surprised Jonghyun.

 

“This war needs to end; now.” Donghae demanded, bravely being the first to break the silence and getting right down to business.

“Oh, hello my dear boys! How is the training going? I didn’t expect you to be back so soon, I would have thought you would have wanted to watch the battle you initiated!” Jonghyun exclaimed trying to change the atmosphere of the room and regain control of the situation.

“Father, listen to Kibum.” Hyukjae demanded and Jonghyun’s eyes went wide at the endearment.

“He knows.” Hyukjae answered the unasked question lingering in Jonghyun’s eyes.

“Very well then, what do you want, Kibum?” Jonghyun asked leaning his elbows on his desk and folding his hands.

“Stop the unit from attacking.” Donghae commanded and Jonghyun let out a low, malicious laugh.

“And why should I do that?” Jonghyun stated coldly, any trace of humor gone from his expression.

“This war needs to end, there has been too much fighting.” Donghae simply stated and Jonghyun laughed again.

“Don’t you think that is what I am doing? After tonight we will hold the offensive again and soon we shall take over South Korea and bring peace to the peninsula once more.” Jonghyun said while he leaned back in his chair with an countenance that reeked of confidence.

Donghae’s eyes narrowed as he examined the leader, he knew that this might be useless. He would never agree to a compromise. He looked to the boy next to him who was staring out the window placidly, although Donghae knew he was paying careful attention to the conversation by the way his ears twitched at the silence.

“Do you really think that will bring peace? South Korea will not kneel to a takeover, they will fight back, maybe not immediately, but they will fight back.” Donghae argued but Jonghyun just smiled.

“That is why we squash their military and build up our own; they won’t be able to fight back.” Jonghyun tried to reason and Donghae began to picture the world Jonghyun was planning.

It was a world without any freedom, a world where the people of both North and South Korea lived in fear. A world where Jonghyun controlled everything from the things you said to the people you loved.

“Have you ever thought about compromise? Talking it through with the South Korean government and coming to a compromise where both of you won and the people could live in peace for once in their lives?” Donghae asked and Jonghyun just shook his head.

“What makes you so sure that the South Korean government is willing to compromise?” Jonghyun asked and Donghae knew that it was time.

“Because…” He began and the paused, reaching for the zipper on the suit that he had been wearing.

“Kibum, what are you doing!?” Hyukjae screeched as the boy beside him began taking off the outdoors suit to reveal the disguise suit he had been wearing underneath.

“Trusting you.” Donghae simply answered before he revealed the control panel to the suit, hitting a few buttons to change the setting and then with one last pleading look at Hyukjae hit the button that would change his identity back to that of himself.

“I’m Lee Donghae, the son of the leader of an organization kept hidden from the South Korean government with the sole mission of seeking and destroying you and your men.” Donghae began to explain, not bothering to hide his South Korean accent anymore, but he soon felt strong arms around his neck beginning to choke him.

“How did you get in here, huh? You traitor, you SPY!!!” Jonghyun shouted and squeezed his neck tighter, cutting off his oxygen supply.

“P-please, l-let me e-explain!” Donghae choked out in a whisper as spots began to cloud his vision and the strangle tightened around his neck.

“You are going to die! Consider you mission failed!” Jonghyun exclaimed and just as Donghae felt he was about to pass out he felt the hold on him slack and then disappear entirely before he was slammed up against the wall by a gentler pair of hands.

He opened his eyes, his vision returning slightly too normal and saw Hyukjae’s face centimeters from his own and his eyes fuming with conflict. He looked down and saw Jonghyun slumped on the floor, unconscious. He looked back up at Hyukjae’s face and a smile formed on his lips.

“Explain, NOW!” Hyukjae spat and Donghae smiled bigger as he realized that his plan may just work.

 

1. I hate punctuation.

2. WHY ARE MY CHARACTERS TALKING SO MUCH???

3. Sorry this took so long, and it was such a short update.

4. NOT SORRY for the cliffy :P

5. Won't be updating till Monday at the earliest :/ Sorry, working 16 hours this weekend :)

6. I GOT MY POSTER BACK!!! :D

7. I just made this a 7th thing because I have this fear of even numbers....

 

Story Time: So yesterday I was standing with my friend who I recently converted to KPOP waiting for the bell to ring. I was talking about Big Bang and their new song "Stupid Liar". I then started singing the only English in the song "I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid." While she was laughing at me, little did I know that my teacher was standing RIGHT behind me! I turn around and he just gives me this look, stutters and then goes "I'm going to the bathroom, don't leave before the bell" and walks out of the class. PRICELESS...but I think he thinks I'm stupid now...or crazy...or both...but the man got a mechanical pencil eraser stuck in his ear...."I'M SO STUPID!" pshaw...so he can't really talk...and that is my wonderful life :D