Together Again

World of Secrets

“WOOHOO!!” Donghae screamed as they flew through the woods at ungodly speeds.

When Hyukjae had seen the dirt bikes that were kept in the garage under the building he didn’t expect them to be this tricked out.

“Donghae, shouldn’t you slow down!?” Hyukjae had to scream in order to be heard over the roar of the engine.

“NEVER!!!!” Donghae screamed and only urged the motorcycle to go faster.

Hyukjae tightened his grip around Donghae’s waist and buried his head into his back with his eyes shut tight. The trees that were whirling past them were making him nauseous and he didn’t know how Donghae hadn’t crashed into one of them yet.

They were approaching the border rather rapidly now, in a few minutes they would be there.

“Donghae, how are we getting across the border?” Hyukjae asked in Donghae’s ear and Donghae turned around briefly to give him a wide grin before turning back to face the oncoming landscape.

“Just hold on tight and trust me.” He shouted back and urged the bike even faster.

Then Hyukjae saw it; a hill off in the distance that was growing in size every second as they zoomed towards it. The worst part was; Donghae was headed straight towards it.

“Hae, what are you doing!” Hyukjae screamed while frantically clinging onto Donghae.

“Just trust me!” Was all Donghae could shout back as he had to focus on the upcoming hill.

The bike seemed to pick up even more speed, if that was even possible. They were going to jump it, Hyukjae realized as Donghae didn’t turn away from the hill. Hyukjae squeezed Donghae even tighter as they started to climb up the hill, the speed of the bike miraculously not decreasing. He shut his eyes tight and the next thing he knew they were flying.

It didn’t last long, no more than five seconds. It was enough to petrify Hyukjae beyond belief and as they landed solidly with a loud ‘thump’ he began to shake uncontrollably. Donghae didn’t stop for another few minutes though; when he did Hyukjae didn’t move from his position behind Donghae on the bike.

“Hyung, are you ok? I didn’t mean to scare you.”  Donghae asked calmly with a small chuckle.

“Y-you k-ki-ill m-e.” Is all Hyukjae could manage to say. He was still sitting behind Donghae, arms wrapped tightly around his waist with his head buried into his back and his eyes shut tight. His entire body was trembling.

“Actually, I didn’t. You are still alive.” Donghae answered sarcastically.

“Hate you.” Hyukjae answered; his voice a little more even now and he opened his eyes to see that the ground was solidly underneath them and they weren’t moving.

“I love you too. Now could you please let go of me, I can’t breathe.” Donghae asked and tried to pry Hyukjae’s hands apart. His grip lessened but he in no way let go of him.

Donghae twisted in the awkward embrace so that he could face Hyukjae.

“Hyukkie, you are alive, you are fine. I won’t let anything happen to you. That is just the fastest way over the border. There are no guards there and the hill makes for a perfect jump. I’ve done that jump a hundred times in training. You had nothing to worry about.” Donghae explained calmly while cupping Hyukjae’s face to force him to look at him.

“You could have at least warned me.” Hyukjae murmured quietly with a pout and looked down.

“Don’t pout; I may have to kiss you.” Donghae teased and this made Hyukjae look up with an eager grin on his face.

“Do it, I dare you.” Hyukjae taunted back and Donghae leaned in closer but right before his lips met Hyukjae’s he moved slightly to the right and kissed his cheek gently.

“Not now, we have to get to the others. We are only about thirty kilometers away now; we will be there in less than twenty minutes.” Donghae said and turned around to start up the bike again.

Hyukjae gulped and retightened his grip on Donghae as he did quick math in his head. Thirty kilometers in twenty minutes meant…ninety kilometers an hour; far too fast for his taste.

 

Fifteen minutes later Donghae came to a screeching halt and cut the engine.

“We here already?” Hyukjae asked as he shakily got off the bike.

“No, we are just walking from here, can’t risk the noise of the bike.” Donghae explained as he too got off the bike and wheeled it over to an evergreen tree and hid it among the low branches, covering it with pine needles until it was completely hidden from sight.

“Come on.” Donghae said and held out his hand which Hyukjae unconsciously took and they started to walk in silence.

“So, how did you not crash into any trees?” Hyukjae asked curiously after a few minutes of silence.

The distance would only take a few minutes to cover on the bike, but it would take longer on foot.

“Remember the eye screen I told you about?” Donghae asked and Hyukjae simply nodded, signaling for him to continue.

“Well when we learn how to ride those things they upload a new program into it. Well, it is something like that. It allows me to see farther in front of me than I normally could and it slows everything down. In the end it is like I am walking through the trees, not flying at a hundred kilometers an hour.” Donghae explained and Hyukjae simply nodded before asking yet another question.

“How do you know where they are?”

Donghae let out a laugh before answering that one.

“Eye screen has a map and they can send me their coordinates. That, and they are my friends, I know where they are with or without coordinates.”

“Wow, I wonder why we never developed any of this technology.” Hyukjae pondered out loud and Donghae laughed again.

“You should be glad you didn’t. While it is often helpful to be able to see the world through different kinds of visions and have your hearing amplified to that of a dog it gets annoying. Besides, when I met you I stopped using it as frequently. I don’t need night vision to see in the dark and my sonar is never on. I don’t know how I lived with it before, everything was always so loud.” Donghae answered and then held up a hand to stop Hyukjae as they fell silent.

Donghae was scanning the woods with his thermo scanner as they walked to pick up any heat source and he saw a blob of heat about a hundred meters away. He flipped on his telepathy to hear only silence.

‘Guys, is that you up ahead?’ Donghae asked and he saw the blob move slightly.

‘Donghae-ah, we thought you would never come!” Siwon answered him.

‘Yeah, well, we are here now. Break apart so I can make sure this heat blob is you.’ Donghae answered and after a few second the blob of heat on his eye screen spread out into eight distinct human features.

‘Ok guys, we found you.’ Donghae said and he signaled for Hyukjae to follow him.

They closed the gap quickly and found the group of eight boys huddled together seeming to discuss something. Donghae took in Sungmin and Ryewook, who still had dried blood on their face and their noses were crooked. They needed to be reset.

“So what’s the deal?” Hyukjae asked as they joined the group.

“Jonghyun has managed to get into a military base about a kilometer from here. We can’t risk going in. He is at the center of the camp and well protected.” Kyuhyun explained.

Hyukjae thought while Donghae shuffled stuff around in his back pack that he had brought from the Lee Company until he finally found what he was looking for; a first aid kit.

“Sungmin, Ryewook come here.” Donghae commanded and the two boys came over to him and sat down.

“This might sting a little if you have any cuts.” Donghae explained as he wiped each of their faces with cotton and antiseptic to clear off the blood. After that he pulled out some tape.

“What are you doing hyung?” Ryewook asked nervously.

“I need to reset your noses before they start to heal in the position they are in. You don’t want to look like that forever do you?” Donghae asked and the two shook their heads.

“Alright, who wants to go first? This is going to hurt like hell, but you need to be quiet.” Donghae warned and the two looked at each other nervously.

“I’ll go first since I’m older.” Sungmin volunteered and scooted closer to Donghae.

Donghae placed his hands on either side of Sungmin’s face and touched his nose tenderly with his thumbs, looking for the place it was broken and when he found it he pushed hard, sending the bone back to where it was supposed to be as Sungmin muffled his scream by shoving a fist in his mouth.

“On second thought, I’ll take looking like this forever.” Ryewook tittered nervously as Donghae put tape on Sungmin’s nose to secure it in place.

“Oh no you won’t, don’t be such a wimp.” Donghae taunted and Ryewook froze.

He was not a wimp, a lot of people thought he was, but he wasn’t. He refused to let his hyung think that of him that way.

“Fine, just do it.” Ryewook snarled after Donghae had finished with Sungmin.

Donghae placed his hands on either side of Ryewook’s face and did the same as he had just done for Sungmin. Ryewook let a small gasp escape as his nose shifted back into place but after Donghae had taped him up he seemed fine.

“Ok, now what’s the plan?” Donghae asked as the three rejoined the group.

“Hey, nice work Donghae. If politics fail you have potential as a plastic surgeon.” Leeteuk noted of Sungmin’s and Ryewook’s noses.

“Yeah right. We don’t have a plan.” Heechul snorted with a shrug.

Donghae looked around him at his friends. Even with all ten of them they didn’t stand a chance against an entire military base. Eight of them looked back at him, expecting him to have something brilliant. Hyukjae, however, was staring off into space as if he wasn’t there with them.

“I think Hyukjae has a plan.” Donghae noted his friend’s expression and Hyukjae jolted from his reverie at his name.

“I do, but I don’t think you are going to like it.” Hyukjae answered and Donghae gave him a quizzical look asking him to explain.

 

Ah, so sorry I haven't updated in so long! And sorry this is so short!! I really shortened my chapters towards the end here because that is where my cliffies were :D and yes I am EVIL!! and have mastered the art of cliff hangers...and I am a TEASE!! with the Eunhae kiss that is :D and I love the word 'tittered' and 'gander' but that is unrelated :)I love how I spoke in the third person in my last author's note, then got a bunch of comments in the third person!!! Made my day :) and OMG!! Today I deleted my facebook(too much drama and over rated) and I feel SOO much less annoyed!!! and then at NHS induction I had a Korean play me Miracle on the piano...he like...MADE MY LIFE!!! seriously like, love him....I was smiling like a moron and then I was sitting with him and my Korean best friend and they kept talking in Korean and I was all O.o I KNOW THAT WORD!!!! *goes back to listening* he sounded so y :/ and speaks Chinese too....love him :) he is my dongsaeng...anyway, enough of my rambling about my very boring day :) and don't kill me for the cliffy!!! wonder if anybody actually READ all of this author's note...eunhyukun nae wonsungeyeyo :) Eunhyuk is my monkey...random korean phrases fill my head <3