A New Beginning

World of Secrets

Donghae looked at himself in the mirror and almost didn’t recognize himself. He was wearing a suit borrowed from his father and he thought he looked ridiculous in a tie. His long hair had been cut short to give him a more professional look and he kept running his hands through it in search of something that wasn’t there. He heard a knock on the door and before he could answer his father entered the room.

“Where are your friends?” He asked as he came to stand behind Donghae.

“They left already to get their early and make sure everything was ready and the media is under control.” Donghae answered.

He was focused on the image now reflecting in the mirror. He looked like a grown man and his father was standing behind him with a pleased look on his face.

“I am so proud of you.” Mr. Lee said and gave Donghae’s shoulders a squeeze.

Donghae turned to face him.

“I have been waiting to hear that all my life. That’s all I ever wanted, was to make you proud. Now, I realize that it means so much more than that.” Donghae admitted.

He may be the same height as his father now, but he still felt like he was five years old looking up at the man he wanted to be.

“Donghae, I have always been proud of you. I may not have shown it well, but I do love you son.” Mr. Lee said and pulled his son into a tight embrace.

“Thank you, thank you so much.” Donghae muttered into his father’s chest.

“It’s time to go now.” A voice called them from behind and Donghae pulled away from his father to see Leeteuk’s dad standing there.

“Ok.” Donghae said and walked to the door, leaving his father behind.

He was going to a press conference where the President would announce that he was stepping down and that Donghae would be taking his place. Donghae would then proceed to explain that the war was over and what was going to happen.

“You know, Donghae, ever since you and Leeteuk were getting into trouble together as toddlers I knew you would amount to do great things.” Leeteuk’s father said as they drove into the city.

“Well, let’s hope that comes true.” Donghae said.

“It already has.” Leeteuk’s dad said with a gentle pat on his knee.

 

“Yagh, Hyukjae, are you ready yet!” Heechul called from outside the door.

“In a minute!” Hyukjae called out and took one last look in the mirror, taking a deep breath before turning and opening the door to reveal an impatient Heechul.

“What the hell took you so long!? Oh my, look at you. Your tie doesn’t match your jacket! Come here!!” Heechul said and pulled him back into the room in search of a new tie.

He pulled one out and held it up. He nodded in approval and handed it to Hyukjae who undid the tie he had on and fumbled trying to put the new one.

“You are such a mess! Here, let me!” Heechul cried out in impatience and hurriedly did Hyukjae’s tie for him.

“Stop running your hands through your hair, you keep messing it up!” Heechul whined as he frantically tried to fix the tangled mess.

“Heechul, stop fussing over him like a clingy girlfriend!” Kangin called out from the doorway of the bedroom.

“I am not a clingy girlfriend!” Heechul cried and pathetically tried to hit Kangin’s chest which just caused him to roar with laughter.

“Whatever you say. You ready Hyuk? Kyuhyun and Yesung are waiting in the car.” Kangin asked when he had calmed down.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Hyukjae answered and they made their way down to the car.

“You look like you’re about to vomit.” Yesung noted as Hyukjae climbed in the car.

“Geez Yesung, cut him some slack. You’ll do fine Hyukie, we are right here beside you.” Kyuhyun chimed in as they started to move.

“Thanks Kyu…and everyone.” Hyukjae answered and then just looked out the window as he thought about what he was about to do.

 

“You ready Donghae? The cameras are going to start rolling soon.” Leeteuk asked as Donghae nervously fidgeted in his chair.

They were in the center of Seoul. A make shift stage had been set up in the square just for the event and there was a sea of people as far as the eye could see.

“The whole city has to be here hyung, what if I screw up?” Donghae asked nervously.

“You will be fine.” Sungmin chimed in.

“Yeah, we are all here for you.” Siwon added.

“After all you have already done, you are worried about a little public speaking?” Ryewook asked and this made Donghae chuckle slightly.

Ryewook was right. The hard part was over; this was supposed to be the easy part. Before he could thank Ryewook the President began to speak.

“Thank you all for coming today. This day will mark a day in history that the Korean people and the rest of the world will remember forever.” He began to speak and Donghae admired his eloquence.

“Today I will be stepping out of office, and a young man by the name of Lee Donghae will be taking my place.” He said and then paused as a muttered sound of shock swept through the crowd.

 

“Jonghyun is dead. He committed suicide last week. This leaves North Korea without a leader and the question of who comes next.” Hyukjae began to speak. The crowd in front of the capital building was quiet, reporters flashed their cameras and a TV crew was broadcasting the whole thing to the entire nation.

“I am Jonghyun’s only son, and therefore am the next in line.” He paused as shock passed through the crowd. Nobody ever knew Jonghyun had a son until that day.

“I am, however, not Jonghyun. Things are going to be done a little differently now that I am in power.” Hyukjae stated and nodded to Kangin who hit the button that dropped a huge screen behind him.

“Right now, as I speak, a new leader is taking over South Korea.” He nodded again at Kangin who the projector that cast a large image of Donghae onto the screen.

 

“I grew up in a world kept secret even from the South Korean government. In this world we had a sole purpose; take down Jonghyun and return peace to the peninsula and end this war once and for all.” Donghae spoke calmly and he paused for a roar of approval from the crowd.

“I am proud to say, that this has been accomplished. Jonghyun is dead.” At this the entire crowd began to cheer and Donghae bowed his head until the noise quieted down.

“His son, Lee Hyukjae, is now in power. Through an assignment that went better than planned, I became close to him and I know that he is not like Jonghyun.” Donghae signaled for the screen behind him to begin playing the stream of Hyukjae’s speech.

 

“The war is over! I have already signed a peace treaty with the new leader of South Korea.” Hyukjae spoke and both the crowds in North and South Korea gasped in shock.

“We have come to an understanding. This war has gone on for much too long and with a change in power in both countries a new beginning is unfolding.” Donghae said. They were speaking together now and even though they were miles apart, they were in synch. They had spent days rehearsing this until they had gotten it perfect.

“There will no longer be a North and South Korea.” Hyukjae announced.

“We have worked together and have come up with a plan that will create a new government.” Donghae added onto Hyukjae’s sentence.

“It will be a government that will rule Korea not as two separate countries but as one united nation!” Donghae and Hyukjae announced together and they stopped speaking as cheers from both crowds were heard on the streaming videos.

Smiles spread across both their faces as the cheers and applause continued to grow. They had done it. The war was over and the country was one once again. It had taken generations, but it was finally over.

 

 

“We really did it.” Hyukjae said in astonishment as Donghae walked in the door of their new house.

They had been separated since the night Jonghyun was killed, but they had been in constant contact and had decided that they didn’t want to be apart. If they were going to rule the country, together, they needed to be as close as possible.

“You doubted us?” Donghae asked teasingly as he went to meet Hyukjae who was standing in the doorway to their bedroom.

“I never said that.” Hyukjae pouted and Donghae chuckled as he closed the remaining gap between them.

“What did I tell you about pouting?” Donghae asked as he traced Hyukjae’s lips with a slender finger.

“Not to do it or else you’d have to kiss me.” Hyukjae recalled and met Donghae’s eyes hopefully.

“Exaclty.” Donghae breathed and then his lips met Hyukjae’s for the second time, but it was just as powerful as the first.

Hyukjae broke the kiss and pulled Donghae farther into the bedroom and shut the door behind them. They sat down on the bed and Hyukjae caressed Donghae’s cheek.

“You know we will have to keep this a secret.” Hyukjae stated the obvious.

“We’ve lived in a world of secrets our entire lives. Now we will just live in our own world of secrets…forever.” Donghae answered and brought his lips back to Hyukjae’s, sealing their world with a love that will last a lifetime.

 

See guys? I didn't forget about you!! Just had a lot of stuff going on this week so I didn't have time to edit and update this!! But now it is over :( I shall miss it...this story was my baby in a way. Not that it was my first, but just that it was at the time my best one. Now I look back and wish I wouldn't have focused on the hand holding so much...but other than that I am very proud of this story and hope that you enjoyed it :)

P.S. Heechul entertains me :D

P.P.S. Comments are loved!!!

THANKS FOR READING!!!!