Confessions

World of Secrets

“My father found out about Kim Kibum and assigned me to go undercover as him in order to get close to you and in hopes that the information I uncovered would give him a way to take down Jonghyun.” He paused and looked at Hyukjae to make sure that he was listening and was going to hear him out. He saw he had the boy’s full attention and continued.

“It started as a simple undercover OP, but it isn’t just that anymore. You made me see the way things really are, made me see that BOTH countries are doing the wrong thing. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. There is a way to peace though. If we work things out, the two of us can bring peace again. Families that were split up by the war can find their ancestor’s descendents and reunite with them. It is simple and lies in our hands. We have the power; it is now just a matter of what we do with it.” Donghae finished and watched as Hyukjae processed the information and slowly released him and backed away.

“Ki…I mean, Donghae, how do you suggest we bring the peace?” Hyukjae asked and Donghae beamed in response.

“One simple phone call, call off the attack, there is still some time.” Donghae asked and Hyukjae made his way over to the desk.

“Just tell them that Jonghyun told you to give word that the attack is off. Don’t give away that he has fallen and is no longer in charge.” Donghae instructed and Hyukjae picked up the phone hesitantly before dialing.

“This is Lee Hyukjae, I’m passing on Jonghyun’s message that the attack tonight is to be called off.” He said and then hung up without another word.

“Ok, now that that is taken care of we have to address the next problem.” Donghae pondered and began to walk around the room.

“Which would be?” Hyukjae asked rather confused as to where to go next.

Donghae looked at the collapsed Jonghyun and Hyukjae nodded.

“You are also going to have to go back home with me in order to get my father to speak to the president of South Korea. I’m hoping that by using my father to reveal the Lee Company to the South Korean government they will let him take over and then he will let me step in. Hoping, but not entirely sure he will go along with it.” Donghae explained the overall plan of what they had to do.

“Ok, but I’m not sure how we can go and just leave him here.” Hyukjae said and then Donghae got an idea.

“How much do you trust your friends? Enough to let them here to watch Jonghyun and make sure that he doesn’t try anything?” Donghae asked and Hyukjae nodded.

“I would trust them with my life, but how do we get them back here?” Hyukjae asked and Donghae grinned again figuring he better explain about his friends.

“Well, the four boys you captured are actually my friends. We were raised and trained together and somewhere throughout the years we developed a kind of telepathy, so I can tell them to tell the others to get back here.” Donghae explained and Hyukjae just stared at him blankly.

“You can seriously talk to them in your mind? I could always only just communicate with my friends silently through looks and such, but that is ing sweet!” Hyukjae exclaimed and Donghae chuckled at his childishness.

He flicked on his telepathy only to hear laughter.

‘Hey, guys! What is so funny!?’ Donghae asked and the laughter died down immediately.

‘These guys aren’t so bad after all Hae, they are actually kind of cool. Who knew North Koreans could be so funny!’ Sungmin thought, and Donghae suppressed a chuckle.

‘That’s good that you are becoming friends. A lot has happened. We need you to tell them that they need to take the underground train and come to Jonghyun’s office.’ Donghae said and after a second Leeteuk’s voice was the one that answered him.

‘They said sure but are skeptical, what’s this all about?’

‘Just come here, all eight of you and everything will be explained. Let’s just say, things have finally changed.’ Donghae answered and then turned his telepathy off.

Donghae walked over to stand by Hyukjae who was looking out the vast window at the lit up skyline.

“Thank you for trusting me.” Donghae said and Hyukjae gave him a glance before turning to look out the window again.

They stood like that for a few minutes before Donghae picked up Hyukjae’s hand out of habit. Hyukjae looked down at their intertwined hands and sighed before meeting Donghae’s eyes.

“Why do you keep holding my hand?” Hyukjae asked but all Donghae could do was shrug.

“I really don’t know, I just like to I guess.” Donghae admitted and the silence surrounded them again but Hyukjae didn’t let go of his hand none the less.

“You know…” Both of them began at the same time but stopped and laughed.

“You first.” Donghae offered and Hyukjae nodded before beginning.

“When my father first told me that we would be getting a new trainee I expected myself to hate you and not trust you and then after a few days dispose of you when you utterly failed. Little did I know that I would not only grow to trust you, but like you. Now after everything has been revealed, and I still trust you with all my heart even though my mind is screaming at me not to, I can’t help but wonder if there is something more to it? I guess what I’m trying to say is that; I think I may love you as more than just a best friend. I know it sounds crazy, but I can’t think of another way to describe it! Everything changed after I met you. I see the world in a whole new light and it feels as though I have changed. I guess, I thank you for that.” Hyukjae finally finished and Donghae stared at him for a few minutes before a smile spread across his face.

“I think we are more alike than you think. We both have fathers whom we are desperate to please, but in the end we are sacrificing their…support…in order to do something that we believe in. I didn’t think I was in love with you, but after what you said I think that is what this is called. I like being around you, I like the ways you make me think about the world in a way I hadn’t before. I like holding your hand and the night you fell asleep on me was the best night’s sleep I got in my life. I love my friends, but not in the same way I feel about you which makes me think that, I love you too.” Donghae finished and Hyukjae grinned before pulling him into a hug.

They stood like that for a while, wrapped in each other’s arms, Donghae with his head resting on Hyukjae’s shoulder and Hyukjae with his face buried in Donghae’s hair until they heard someone stirring on the other side of the room.

“Uh-oh, he’s awake.” Donghae simply stated and the two pulled away from each other and walked over to where Jonghyun was trying to get up and pushed him down again.

“Here’s how this is going to work. You are no longer in control of North Korea, I am. Donghae here and I are going to be leaving you with the others and if you try anything sneaky they are going to stop you. How is up to them. Your reign, and your ancestor’s reign, has finally come to an end. It is time for a new way of life and Donghae and I are going to bring it about.” Hyukjae explained in a firm voice and even though Jonghyun was the one who was supposed to have control he simply nodded helplessly and moved himself to rest against the wall where he seemed to just give up.

The two boys stood up and looked at each other like:

‘It can’t be that easy, can it?’

Before either could express their doubts the door burst open and in came eight tired looking boys, all panting for breath.

“What’s the matter Hyukjae? These dim wits said it was an emergency and I don’t know why we even trusted them in the first place. I mean really, TELEPATHY? Get real guys!” Heechul was the first one to speak.

‘Aish, Donghae, this guy is SUCH A PRINCESS! Kind of cute, but a total BRAT!’ Siwon whined to Donghae who had turned his telepathy on as soon as the others were in the room so that they could communicate silently while Hyukjae explained.

“Relax Siwon, he is a bit of a princess but can be kind of nice once you get to know him.” Donghae said out loud and Heechul turned to look at him with an open mouth.

“Yes, we really can read each other’s minds now close your mouth unless you want to eat some flies.” Donghae said and Heechul just continued to gape.

“What else did he ‘think’ about me?” Heechul asked Donghae and the later just smirked.

“He thinks you’re cute.” Donghae simply stated and Heechul turned to look Siwon up and down before giving him a flirtatious grin and a wink.

“Ok, now can we please talk about what we came here for!?” Leeteuk yelled impatiently. Donghae just pointed to Jonghyun on the ground and then at Hyukjae who began explaining.

“Jonghyun is being…removed from power so to speak. I am his only child and am therefore taking over. Now, before you four freak out,” he said and then paused to look at the other four Super Junior members, “I am not like him. I want peace between to the two countries again. Actually, Donghae came up with a plan. We are going to go back and speak to his father who is going to help us take over the South Korean government. Once that is taken care of Donghae will take over the South Korean government and both of us will publicly announce the end of the war. After peace is established we will create a new government that rules Korea as ONE country instead of two. Right now we need you to watch Jonghyun and make sure he doesn’t escape.” Hyukjae explained and the room remained silent.

Kyuhyun, Heechul, Kangin, and Yesung stared at him questioningly while the other four asked Donghae if what he was saying was true in their head.

‘Yes, everything is true.’ Donghae confirmed.

‘But can we trust him?’ Leeteuk asked.

‘Yes, when I revealed my identity Jonghyun tried to kill me. Hyukjae saved me by knocking his own father unconscious. I know it is ridiculously fast, but I trust this boy as much as I trust the four of you.’ Donghae tried to edge out their suspicious.

‘I think we can trust them too, Leeteuk. They don’t seem like bad guys, they just seem like…people.’ Sungmin noted and the others agreed.

‘Yes, so please guys, make friends! We can’t do this without all of us cooperating.’ Donghae asked and they nodded, finally seeing how things were going to work out.

Sungmin bravely stepped away from their group and walked towards Kyuhyun and tapped him gently on the shoulder. When the taller man turned around Sungmin stuck out his hand, offering his friendship. Kyuhyun looked him over a few times before seemingly reaching a decision and taking Sungmin’s hand and shaking it with a smile on his face.

Heechul walked over to Siwon and circled around him before placing a hand around his bicep and gave it a squeeze.

“You’re kind of, not to bad looking yourself.” Heechul said and Siwon simply smiled and flexed his arm, more than happy to show off his muscles for the pretty boy admiring him.

“Why do you always look so worried, you should smile more, I bet you would look cute.” Kangin said as he walked over to Leeteuk and poked his cheek causing the older boy to laugh his one of a kind laugh.

Donghae moved to stand next to Hyukjae and leaned in to whisper in his ear.

“I think this is going to work out just fine.”

Hyukjae just nodded in response.

‘Yagh, Ryewook go talk to Yesung, you both look lonely!’ Donghae commanded but his friend just looked at him and shook his head violently.

‘But, hyung, he looks like he is going to eat me!’ Ryewook responded and Donghae burst out laughing.

Hyukjae asked him what was wrong and when Donghae told him he burst out laughing.

“Yesung, would you stop looking so evil, you are scaring Ryewook over there.” Hyukjae said and the older smiled and walked over to Ryewook.

“I’m sorry if I scared you.” Yesung apologized with a smile.

“It’s ok; you just looked like you wanted to eat me!” Ryewook admitted and Yesung cracked up.

“You should smile more, you look less intimidating.” Ryewook said shyly and pinched Yesung’s cheeks.

“You’re cute.” Yesung said and pinched Ryewook’s cheeks back.

Donghae and Hyukjae looked around the room at their friends who were talking amongst themselves quietly, making jokes and making friends. The two smiled like proud parents before they snuck out the door without another word knowing that the others would be fine without them.

The two made their way down to the underground labyrinth again and grabbed new packs before heading out the darkened tunnel, holding hands this time not because Donghae needed Hyukjae to guide him through the darkness, but because they wanted to.

“So,” Hyukjae broke the silence as the emerged from the tunnel and into the open air of the night woods, “tell me about your world of secrets.”

 

OH MY GOD THEY WON'T SHUT UP!!!! Seriously, my characters NEED to stop talking...and rereading through this story I realize just how much I focused on this handholding and I agree with Hyukjae "why do you keep holding my hand?" to be honest, I am the author, and I don't even know...my stories write themselves, my fingers just hit the buttons...

 

but awww, heechul cracks me up! and cute couple moments :D and in case nobody caught onto it, Yesung does scare me...the creepy er :P

 

but yeah, here is the update(as promised) and with 3 hours to spare :D will update on thursday because tomorrow will be spent doing homework and wednesday I am in New York City for the first time EVER! I live like, 3 hours away and at 18 I have never been...sad...we are seeing a play with Daniel Radcliff in it :D makes me thinks of FUNNYLITTLEFISHY and our many Harry Potter references :D now enough with my rambling, I shall transfer it to my reply to Subi, because Stiki*cough cough* hasn't replied yet...YOU ARE SLACKING DUDE!!!