Monkey

World of Secrets

“So you really think your father is going to go along with this?” Hyukjae asked as they continued walking, coming closer to the South Korean border as the sun slowly began to rise.

They had walked all night talking quietly. Donghae had explained how he was raised and what the Lee Company was as well as the connection between him and his friends. Hyukjae had told Donghae about how his father had hid the fact that he had a son and that he had to keep his relationship to Jonghyun a secret even from his friends. The two found that they were trained to be enemies; even they were shocked that they ended up being the closest of friends.

“I don’t know; I honestly don’t. This part of the plan is just kind of a ‘wing it and hope it goes well’ kind of thing.” Donghae tried to joke but failed as he noticed the older boy staring at him, fright evident in his eyes.

“You’re insane.”

“Yet you love me.” Donghae joked, this time evoking a laugh from Hyukjae.

“Yes, I do.”

Silence fell around them and they walked until the sun was high in the sky.

“I think we should stop and rest here. We don’t want to cross the border in daylight, too obvious.” Donghae stated and Hyukjae nodded in agreement.

They put down their packs and took a seat on a fallen tree that served to form a perfect bench. They didn’t bother putting up a tent because the sky was clear and the day was unseasonably warm for late fall. Hyukjae leaned his head against a tree and Donghae laid down and put his head on Hyukjae’s lap.

“Comfortable?” Hyukjae asked as Donghae situated himself.

“Very.”

“You know, I like your real face better. Kibum’s was cute, but yours is…beautiful.” Hyukjae said while messing with Donghae’s dark hair which fell into his eyes.

He traced his finger down along his nose and then back up again, outlining the structure of his forehead before trailing his finger down to his cheek. Donghae shut his eyes and Hyukjae gently swiped his finger across the delicate eye lids, playing with his long lashes.

“Even your lips are perfect.” Hyukjae whispered as his finger traced over them. Donghae opened his mouth and playfully nipped at Hyukjae’s finger making the later pull his hand back in shock.

“Don’t yours ever shut up?” Donghae teased as he opened his eyes and a smile spread across his face.

“Weren’t you the one who told me I don’t talk enough?” Hyukjae retorted and Donghae sat up to face him.

“Yes, but now I can find a better use for them.” Donghae answered and received a blank stare from Hyukjae.

“Kiss me.” Donghae commanded and Hyukjae’s eyes widened but he leaned in closer none the less.

Slowly their faces crept towards each other, Donghae letting Hyukjae close the distance between them. When he stopped moving and hovered his face centimeters from Donghae’s with their eyes locked Donghae’s impatience got the best of him and he closed the gap, shoving his lips roughly against Hyukjae’s. The contact sent electricity spiraling through their entire bodies as their world seemed to set on fire.

They pulled away after a few seconds, their eyes locked together. They both knew that they wanted more, that they needed more, but that they had to wait.

The pair moved back to their original position, Hyukjae against the tree and Donghae against Hyukjae’s lap. Their eyes closed as they tuned out the world around them. Maybe letting their guard down like this was a mistake, maybe they would be ambushed. At that moment it didn’t matter. After their kiss the world dissolved. The only thing they heard was each other’s breathing. The only thing they smelled was the other’s sticky sweetness. The only thing that lingered in their mouths was the other’s taste. The only thing they felt was the other’s body where they were touching. Only images of the other danced across their closed eyelids. They left the world behind and entered their own as their breathing slowed and their mind’s drifted into only a world the two of them could comprehend.

 

When the sun had set and the moon had risen the two awoke. The darkness blanketed them in an almost deafening silence.

“Hyung, we need to start moving.” Donghae spoke first and gently pushed the other until his eyes fluttered open and locked with Donghae’s.

“Good morning Hae.” Hyukjae stated simply which made Donghae laugh.

“It isn’t morning, its evening.”

“I know, but a sunset is just a sunrise on the other side of the world. Besides, evening is the end to another day and an ending is really just a beginning in disguise. So good morning.” Hyukjae persisted and Donghae ruffled his hair.

“You are such a dork. Now let’s go, we have work to do.”

They began to make their way through the dark woods again, using only the moon to guide them. Soon they arrived at the border.

“How are we going to get across, it’s blocked everywhere.” Hyukjae asked as Donghae frantically searched around for a way across. As he looked up a grin spread across his face.

“We climb.” He answered and began to climb up an evergreen.

“What are you doing Hae?” Hyukjae asked from the ground as Donghae ascended higher into the branches.

“Climbing. There is a way to jump from tree to tree because the branches overlap.” Donghae answered and stopped momentarily to look down at Hyukjae.

“Are you positive?” Hyukjae asked nervously.

“Absolutely, now come on or I’ll leave you behind.” Donghae said and then began to move again.

Hyukjae nervously began to ascend the tree, taking it at an excruciatingly slow pace.

“Come on Hyukkie!” Donghae called out from somewhere high above him.

Hyukjae began to climb faster. A handhold here, then move a foot there. He finally made his way to the top of the tree where Donghae was patiently waiting for him.

“Look.” Donghae said and pointed out through a clearing in the branches.

They were high off the ground now, and when they looked down they could barely see it through the branches. Looking out through the clearing they saw the clear night sky illuminated by thousands of stars, the moon shining brightly among them.

“Beautiful.” Hyukjae muttered and Donghae ruffled his hair gently.

“Yup, now let’s go and don’t fall!!”

They made their way through the tangle of branches and away from the center of the tree. Donghae seemed to search carefully for something until he finally decided on a branch and crawled onto it. He made his way towards the trunk of another tree. Hyukjae followed closely behind. They crawled through three more trees until they finally began to descend. When they reached the last row of branches they ran into a problem.

“How are we going to get down? It looks too far to jump.” Hyukjae stated but Donghae simply looked at him and then looked down again.

“We jump.” Donghae simply said and then swung himself down a branch so that he was hanging from it. He inched his way out on the branch, making it bend slightly at his weight. When he was as far out as he good go without breaking the branch he let go, landing on his feet on the ground below.

“Just do what I did, it isn’t that far!” Donghae called up from the ground to coax Hyukjae down.

Hyukjae looked down nervously before swinging himself onto the branch just like Donghae had done. He inched his way out on the branch, it bent under his weight. Just as he thought it was time to jump he hear a loud ‘SNAP’ as the branch he was holding onto broke under his weight and he was falling towards the ground. He barely managed to steady his legs underneath him as the ground came up at him quickly. It wasn’t quick enough as he hit the ground and stumbled forward, grabbing onto Donghae and pulling him to the ground as he fell on top of him.

“Very graceful, hyung, really. Just like a monkey.” Donghae joked as he tried to push a flustered Hyukjae off of himself but the older refused to move.

“Thanks Hae, we can’t all be like you though.” Hyukjae taunted, still not getting up but choosing to lay on top of the younger, hovering his face centimeters from Donghae’s.

As Donghae looked up into Hyukjae’s eyes he thought he was going to kiss him again, but then Hyukjae got up suddenly and extended a hand to Donghae who gratefully took it.

“Shall we?” Hyukjae asked gesturing in the direction they were travelling.

“Whatever you say, Monkey.” Donghae taunted and Hyukjae rolled his eyes as he knew that the nickname was going to stick whether he wanted it to or not.

 

They arrived at the outskirts of the Lee Company’s headquarters just as the sun began to rise.

“You ready for this Hae?” Hyukjae asked as he saw the building approaching.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” He answered and took Hyukjae’s hand again, searching for comfort against his building nerves.

They made their way to the side of the building where Donghae knew a secret entrance leading to right outside his father’s office was located.

“Should we really be sneaking in?” Hyukjae asked stupidly.

“Silly Monkey, the only way in is to sneak in.” Donghae joked.

“Oh.” Hyukjae simply answered and Donghae could see the hurt in his expression.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you. I just thought that much would be obvious.” Donghae apologized as he stood up from where he had crouched to examine the stone wall.

“It’s ok, let’s just do this.” Hyukjae answered and Donghae nodded before bending down and started counting stones.

When he found the one he was looking for he pushed in on it and a small hand hold appeared. He used it to pull open the door and stepped inside followed by Hyukjae. They shut the door and made their way down the long tunnel. When they reached a wall Donghae stopped and faced Hyukjae, cupping his face in his hands.

“Whatever you do, stay behind me and don’t say anything unless I indicate for you to do so. I don’t know exactly how my father will react to my bringing a North Korean here.” Donghae instructed and then placed a chaste kiss on Hyukjae’s forehead before opening the door hidden in the wall and pulling Hyukjae with him into the bright corridor.

They faced a huge oak door and after a deep breath Donghae pushed it open without knocking and took a step inside the office with Hyukjae right behind him.

“Donghae.” Mr. Lee simply said as he saw his son enter. They were clearly interrupting something as several of Mr. Lee’s advisors stood throughout the room. Donghae recognized one of them as Leeteuk’s father.

“Father.” Donghae answered curtly.

Mr. Lee’s eyes drifted from his son, to the scared looking boy standing behind him. He leaned back in his hair and raised his hands up in a questioning expression.

“What happened?”

 

Sorry it is so short, I got really good with the cliffy's towards the end of this story though :P I am REALLY proud of that paragraph after their kiss. Don't know why, but I am...

Please check out my hyukmin/eunmin!! Fluff, although I feel I really fail at fluff :/ yes I am self advertising :D I have every right to be a greedy if I want to :P

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/36728/breaking-dawn-hyukmin

go read  *shoos*

Also, please PLEASE!!!! be patient with me and my updates, araso? I try to tell you when I am going to update yet, but there are going to be times when I can't. Also, take note of time zone differences!! I live in Pennsylvania, U.S. so if you are from somewhere in Asia I am about 12 hours BEHIND you...meaning, while it may be Thursday night there, it is Thursday morning here and I am in school! I do have a life, and while these chapters are written...I do have to beta which takes some time...

Enough ing...comments are loved <3