Sacrifice

World of Secrets

Hyukjae was walking through the camp with a radiating confidence that masked the fear he was really feeling. Nobody bothered him as he walked, but their eyes followed him with a sense of wonder. He came to the tent that the others had pinpointed as the one where Jonghyun was staying and went to enter, but was stopped by two guards outside.

“I’m his son.” Hyukjae muttered angrily and the guards gave each other a confused look, but shrugged and stepped aside anyway.

He stepped inside to find his father sitting alone at a table hunched over a bunch of maps.

“I told you to leave me be; what do you want?” He asked angrily without looking up.

“Back in.” Hyukjae answered and Jonghyun looked up at the sound of a voice he didn’t expect.

“Hyukjae.” Jonghyun simply said his name which made Hyukjae smile.

“You are not going to believe what I know.” Hyukjae taunted him and a grin spread across Jonghyun’s face.

“I thought you had betrayed me.” Jonghyun stated warily.

“You’re my father, I would never betray you. Besides, that was just a strategic move to find out more about the Lee Company.” Hyukjae explained and Jonghyun’s smile widened.

“What about that Donghae boy?” Jonghyun asked and beckoned for Hyukjae to come closer.

Hyukjae made his way over to the table and took a seat across from Jonghyun and leaned back in his chair casually.

“Dead.”

“Very good, now do explain.” Jonghyun encouraged and Hyukjae began with an eager smile.

 

It was late now; the camp was dark and silent as everyone was in their tents asleep; everyone except Hyukjae who lay awake on the cot next to his father’s. He pulled the tiny vial that had been hidden inside the pocket of his suit and examined it, remembering Donghae’s words.

This is a sedative, just inject it anywhere and he will be unconscious in a matter of seconds. It is a very low dose though so you don’t have much time to get him out; thirty minutes max.

He rolled off his cot and took the few steps needed to stand beside his sleeping father. He pulled his shirt up to reveal his stomach and removed the cap over the needle and held it hesitantly above the skin.

“I’m sorry, but this is for the greater good.” He muttered before gently injecting the sedative.

Jonghyun flinched slightly at the needle pinch but his body relaxed entirely as the sedative took effect. Hyukjae threw the empty vial onto the floor.

‘Let them find it.’ He thought.

It wouldn’t do them any good anyway. By the time the rest of the camp woke up they would be long gone.

He bent down and picked Jonghyun up, throwing him over his shoulder. He was heavy, but Hyukjae wasn’t going far on his own. Donghae was waiting for him at the edge of the base.

He made his way quietly out of the tent, checking to make sure the cost was clear before he began the trek through the quiet camp. Just as he was about to collapse under Jonghyun’s weight he made it to the edge of the base and a pair of hands relieved him of some of the weight.

“I’m sorry.” Donghae murmured quietly as they made their way through the woods back to the rest of the boys.

“No, it has to be this way.” Hyukjae answered and neither of them said another word as they made the rest of the trip back.

 

When Jonghyun woke up he found himself tied to a tree and a group of ten angry boys facing him, Hyukjae at their front and Donghae close behind him.

“YOU TRAITOR!” He spat at Hyukjae who just shook his head.

“I don’t have any other choice.” Hyukjae spoke weakly, emotion cracking in his voice.

“You always have a choice!” Jonghyun yelled angrily.

“YOU NEVER GAVE ME A ING CHOICE!” Hyukjae retorted, approaching Jonghyun and kicking him across the face which left a large red mark on his left cheek.

“It was always your way or death! I never had a choice in my entire ing life. You had my destiny mapped out from my birth due to one of your one night stands with one of your !” Hyukjae paused and turned around so that his back face Jonghyun as tears began to fall. “As long as you are around, I will never have a choice.”

He turned back to Jonghyun whose jaw dropped as he saw his son’s distraught face and he realized what was about to happen.

“You wouldn’t…” Jonghyun began but Hyukjae knelt down in front of him, face to face, and he stopped.

“Wouldn’t I? I finally have a choice. I am finally in control of my own life! By making this choice I am not only giving myself the freedom to make my own choices for the rest of my life, but am giving an entire country the same freedom.” Hyukjae said, tears falling freely and his voice cracked as he was fighting back the sobs trying to escape from his chest.

“Let’s do this.” He muttered only to Donghae as he stood and turned to face Donghae, the later’s hand resting slightly on Hyukjae’s shoulder.

“Do you want me…” Donghae began to ask but Hyukjae shook his head.

“It has to be me.” Hyukjae answered. Donghae simply nodded and passed him the knife.

Hyukjae turned back to Jonghyun and walked over to him, only to kneel down in front of Jonghyun again. He held the knife up to his throat and hesitated to say one last thing.

“It’s amazing how ending one life, can save thousands of others. It makes this seem justified, don’t you think?” Hyukjae asked quietly so that only Jonghyun could hear him.

Before Jonghyun could answer though he ran the blade across his neck, slicing him deep and blood gushed out as the life left his body almost instantly.

Hyukjae untied Jonghyun and placed the knife in his lifeless hand. He stood and turned to face the rest of the group who were just staring at him with pitiful looks.

“Let’s move.” Hyukjae answered and they turned to walk away from the bloody scene.

Donghae and Hyukjae were at the back of the group now and Donghae patted Hyukjae on the back reassuring him without saying anything.

They stopped when they came to a small stream. Hyukjae dipped his bloody hands into the icy water and the current washed away the blood and carried it down stream. He stood to face his friends who were looking at him like they were waiting for him to say something.

“What now?” Heechul finally broke the silence that seemed to roar around them.

Hyukjae looked around at the faces staring at him, his eyes lingering on Donghae. He took a deep breath before he spoke.

“We split up.”

 

Guys, I really really really like this chapter...and this story is officially complete :) a character has been killed!!! I am sad though, there is only one more chapter left to post and well...I am suddenly incapable of writing anything...:/ BUT...just wondering, did I get anybody at the beginning of this?? did I did I did I???? don't I sound like a whiny child?? MOMMY I WANT THAT TOY! The pink one!! pleaseee...*pouts* keke, today was awesome...my mommy bought my hannah montana shoes...they are size 3 childrens...I am 18... :D I have tiny feet :) sowy for the late update :/ you didn't think I FORGOT about my dear readers, did you?? and YOU *points* stop being SILENT!! you people annoy me :P