Reunited?

World of Secrets

The six boys snuck stealthily through the woods together as a group. They were approaching the camp of the South Korean unit under the cover of a starless night. Donghae was finding it easier to find his way through the darkness without the green tinge of his night vision now; his own sense guiding the way. It was a raw experience compared to his previous missions with Super Junior. The only things he saw were the things his own eyes could catch. The only things he heard were the shallow breaths of his friends and their footsteps on the freshly fallen October leaves. His thoughts were quiet for once, the telepathy he shared with his friends was gone and the only way for the six to communicate was through glances and hand gestures along with mouthed words.

As they approached the camp they heard the sound of laughter, the soldiers at rest for the night, not expecting any visitors. Hyukjae raised a hand, signaling the others to stop and they did, coming to stand beside him. Silently he motioned for Heechul, Kangin, Yesung, and Kyuhyun to go in one direction, making a half circle of the camp. They took off and Hyukjae and Donghae took off together in the opposite direction in order for them to survey the entire camp and meet back on the other side.

The two moved along slowly, taking in a detailed survey of the camp. The size of the unit compared similarly to what the thermo shot had described, and the fire power seemed nothing but average for a unit of that size. About half way to the other side Donghae noticed something. There was a tent that was not lit, where as all the others in the camp had at least one light that gave them an eerie glow.

Donghae got Hyukjae’s attention and pointed to the darkened tent, signaling that he wanted to get a closer look. The two made their way through the trees and checked to make sure that no one was near them before sprinting across the small opening to the edge of the tent.

Donghae began to lift up the bottom of the canvas to sneak inside before Hyukjae stopped him, giving him a look that asked if he knew no one was inside. Donghae nodded in understanding and flicked on his eye screen for the first time that day, turning on the thermo reader. He searched through the tent with his eyes but saw no source of heat. He turned his eye screen back off and nodded at Hyukjae before lifting up the canvas and crawling under, followed closely by Hyukjae.

What the boys found shocked them. The tent contained the fuse center for a complex system of what looked like dynamite. In the center was a box that would send the signal to a good number of dynamite to explode.

Donghae pointed to one of the chords that led out of the tent and signaled to Hyukjae that they should follow it. The two crept out of the tent and followed the chord back into the woods. They walked for a few minutes before they finally came upon the dynamite, which was sitting at the base of the nearby mountain.

“They have the place y trapped. One push of a button and a series of dynamite explode, most likely all around the camp. If we try to invade, they will just light the dynamite which will not only kill the nearby troops, but cause a landslide blocking off the entrance to the clearing.” Donghae concluded as Hyukjae bent down to examine the dynamite.

Donghae watched as Hyukjae brought out a knife and studied the wires connecting the chord they had followed to the dynamite. He selected one and then brought the knife to it, cutting it. Nothing happened.

“Which is why we have to disable them all. If we can do that then the unit can attack, and when they try to launch their defense plan it will fail, catching them off guard and unprepared.” Hyukjae explained as they started to walk back towards the camp.

“You’re a genius, Hyukjae.” Donghae exclaimed and patted his friend on the back.

“Thanks, but hey, how did you know nobody was in that tent?” Hyukjae asked now that they were free to talk because they were far from the camp.

“Oh, I just did. Can’t you trust me?” Donghae asked, finding the perfect opportunity to find out how much of Hyukjae’s trust he had gained.

“I do, you just… seem to know a lot of things that you can’t explain how you know. The same thing happened when we were attacked that first night and you knew their accents weren’t real. I couldn’t even tell that. Then you seem to be able to do things that normal teenagers can’t, like that ledge.” Hyukjae noted and Donghae gulped, getting nervous at how much Hyukjae had noticed.

“Well, maybe I was born to do this like you were and I just wasn’t born into your world of secrets, but a secret world of my own.” Donghae said, which wasn’t a total lie. He had been born to do this, and his world of secrets was just a different world than the one that Hyukjae had been brought up in.

“Maybe, the universe does weird things at times.” Hyukjae said and then fell quiet again and Donghae breathed a sigh of relief which, thankfully, Hyukjae didn’t catch.

They made their way back to the camp, but instead of going back to the tent, they finished their half of the circle to meet up with the others who gave them a look that screamed ‘where the hell were you?’ Hyukjae just shook his head and motioned for them to follow before heading back to the tent. When they reached it Hyukjae looked at Donghae, asking if there was still no one in there. Donghae flicked on his thermo reader, found no source of heat, and turned it back off. He gave a nod and the six crept under the canvas. Hyukjae pointed at the box in the center and the other four nodded in understanding at what the tent was. He then motioned for them to each follow a separate chord and instructed them to cut the wire. The four individually followed a wire while Donghae and Hyukjae followed the only remaining one. This one led out in an opposite direction, and Donghae knew he had been right about the fact that they had surrounded the camp with dynamite.

“Hyung, how do you know how to disable dynamite?” Donghae asked once they were out of earshot from the camp.

“Part of the training, it is actually really easy. Just cut the red wire. It’s always the red wire.” Hyukjae explained and Donghae made the mental note, not wanting to forget something that useful.

They quickly found the dynamite and Hyukjae disabled it, they then headed back to the camp to meet up with the others. Once they were together again the made one more perimeter of the camp before heading back towards The Mountain which wasn’t too far from the camp.

“Did you guys find anything particularly useful?” Hyukjae asked once they were well away from the camp.

“No. Overall the unit is small and their fire power is weak, the dynamite was their key defense system I think.” Kyuhyun summarized for them.

“That’s what I thought, without that they are defenseless and can easily be taken by a surprise attack. What do you think Kibum?” Hyukjae asked.

“I think that if you want to attack, you best do it tomorrow. They most likely go out to check the dynamite frequently and you want to attack before they find out that the dynamite has been disabled.” Donghae suggested and Hyukjae nodded in agreement.

They continued walking for ten minutes before suddenly Donghae froze in his tracks.

“Did you guys hear that?” Donghae asked as the others stopped and turned to look at him, wondering why he had stopped.

“No, I didn’t…wait…yes I did.” Hyukjae said and the six moved closer together, forming a circle with their backs facing each other, feeling like they were about to be attacked.

Out of the trees dropped four boys dressed entirely in black. They tried to quickly grab the six boys, but they were greatly outnumbered. Kangin, Heechul, Yesung, and Kyuhyun quickly had them all pinned.

“Reveal their faces.” Hyukjae commanded and the four ripped the boys’ hoods off. Donghae stifled a gasp of shock at the faces that stared directly at him.

Kangin had Leeteuk gripped in a tight headlock. Heechul had Siwon pinned to the ground, despite the vast difference in size. Yesung had picked Ryewook up off the ground and thrown him over his shoulder where the smaller boy squirmed. Sungmin was still standing, but his hands were being held tight behind his back by Kyuhyun.

Had they been following Donghae all this time? He had felt like he was being followed earlier, but he would never have expected it to be his own friends. They were supposed to be back on the grounds of the Lee Company. Donghae wondered if this was his father’s doing, or if his friends had snuck away to follow him.

“What are you doing here?” Hyukjae asked and Donghae could hear the hatred and disgust that layered his voice as he growled out the words.

Hyukjae walked past each of the four boys, none of whom showed outward fear. Donghae, on the other hand, knew better. He saw Sungmin struggle against Kyuhyun’s hands has Hyukjae passed before him, wanting to attack the later. As he passed Ryewook he saw the boy blink, fighting back the tears that he knew were forming. Siwon’s expression was that of disappointment, disappointment that he had lost this fight to a man as weak as Heechul. Leeteuk was the only one who looked complacent and he met Hyukjae’s stare with an equal hated and disgust. It was a bold move, and Hyukjae responded by slapping a hand across his face before Kangin strengthened his hold around Leeteuk’s neck, cutting off his oxygen supply slightly.

Leeteuk looked at Donghae, his eyes begging. Even though Donghae wasn’t in his own body, he knew his friend’s knew it was him. They had seen a picture of Kibum before he had left, and he knew that they had been following him specifically.

“Stop.” Donghae said, his voice barely audible.

“What was that Kibum? These boys are obviously spies; they must be disposed of immediately.” Hyukjae spat.

“Look at them Hyukjae, what do they look like to you?” Donghae said finding his only hope to spare his friends in words Hyukjae had spoken days before to him.

“The enemy.” Hyukjae simply answered in an impatient tone.

“Look harder, what do you see?” Donghae prompted again.

After a long pause Hyukjae’s face softened a bit.

“People.” He answered and Donghae saw the other four loosen their grips.

“We are all human.” Donghae quoted what Hyukjae had said to him, making sure to enunciate each word.

“Don’t hurt them, but they are coming back with us. We can’t risk them getting away and leaking information about us.” Hyukjae instructed and the other four obeyed, loosening their grips some more and bringing the four Super Junior members to their feet.

Leeteuk looked at Donghae, hoping to get his message across.

“Kangin, I’ll take this one.” Donghae said and Kangin handed Leeteuk over to him.

Donghae grasped Leeteuk’s hands lightly behind his back, making it look like he was holding him.

“I’m sorry, hyung, but I need to focus.” Donghae whispered in his ear so that only he would hear.

Leeteuk had visually asked him to turn his telepathy on so that they could talk, but Donghae didn’t want to leave the quiet. He had to stay in the mindset of the enemy, and if he had his friend’s thoughts in his head he was bound to be distracted and could slip up.

He walked for a few minutes before he called Kangin back and gave Leeteuk back to him.

“Be gentle, he isn’t going to try to get away.” Donghae said and Kangin just snorted, gripping Leeteuk’s wrists tightly behind his back.

Donghae made his way up to where Hyukjae walked in front of the rest of the group.

“You did the right thing hyung. There has been too much blood.” Donghae said, taking Hyukjae’s hand into his own.

He didn’t need Hyukjae to guide him through the darkness anymore, but he liked feeling his warm hand in his own. The older didn’t seem to mind the contact either as he squeezed his hand back.

“I’m dead when Jonghyun finds out about this.” Hyukjae said quietly, not looking at Donghae.

“Why?” Donghae asked, not understanding what Hyukjae meant.

“He would have wanted me to dispose of them; they will just be burdensome as prisoners.” Hyukjae explained.

“Oh, well, you still did the right thing. Besides, maybe he won’t find out.” Donghae suggested, hoping to give Hyukjae some hope.

“Oh, he will find out. Everything I do is reported directly to him. My every footstep is watched by him. One step out of line and I am done for.” Hyukjae said and Donghae saw a familiar emotion play across his face.

Hyukjae wanted to please Jonghyun, almost as much as Donghae wanted to please his father. It was desperation at its finest; desperation to prove that his existence wasn’t useless.

“Why?” Donghae asked again.

“Because I’m his son. Now would you please stop asking so many questions?” Hyukjae asked impatiently.

Donghae didn’t need to be told to be quiet, he was speechless. Nobody knew that Jonghyun had a son. Not even the North Korean news feeds ever mentioned a son, and Donghae was sure that if he had had a child, it would have been made public.

He looked at the boy next to him, who was now walking with an emotionless expression. Standing next to him was the North Korean equivalent of himself. They were in the same position, both trying to please their fathers and fulfill the destiny that had been born to them. The problem was; both couldn’t succeed. One would have to lose.

 

Well, there you go. Some "totally neccessary" hand holding for funnylittlefishy...and hey clone, stop right there!! I now your telepathy is kicking in and you better put those stones down right now!! You may only kill me AFTER the next chapter, mkay? and I TOLD YOU GUYS(or maybe just the clone...I don't remember) that Super Junior was going to reappear :D

 

I just got a really sad moment where I realized how broken up Super Junior is(in reality) and I don't know...like, with Heechul and Leeteuk going into the military, and then the rest have to go in eventually isn't it going to be forever until they are all together again? It makes me sad...and to think that only 8 months ago I didn't even know these guys existed. Sigh...well, comments are loved as always...oh, and just an fyi, this story has 15 chapters :D

Thought I'd give you guys a little present too :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arg31dEb5Uw&feature=channel_video_title