Jonghyun's Escape

World of Secrets

Mr. Lee was on his way back into the city for the first time in years. Nobody was with him, nobody could be with him.

He drove along the winding, tree lined road that was hardly there. He was going to see the President of South Korea. It was time that the company was revealed based on new developments in the North.

 

“Do you really think he is going to step down after he talks to the president?” Hyukjae asked Donghae as they sat alone in Donghae’s old dorm room.

Donghae thought for a minute. He wasn’t very good at reading his father. He could read anyone else like an open book, but his father had always been a mystery. He was surprised that his father had even agreed to go speak with the President; that he hadn’t killed Hyukjae on the spot.

 

“Jonghyun has been taken out of power. Behind me is his son, who is now taking over.” Donghae began to explain slowly, keeping a close eye on his father for his reaction.

“You brought Jonghyun’s SON HERE?” Mr. Lee had shouted standing up immediately and making his way around the desk to hover right in front of his son.

Donghae took a protective step in front of Hyukjae, completely blocking him from his angry father.

“He’s different.” Donghae defended calmly, holding his hands up to show that neither was going to initiate a fight.

“Different my !!!!” Mr. Lee spat and tried to push his way past Donghae to get to Hyukjae.

Donghae responded immediately by shoving his father back into the desk, pinning him down. Hyukjae stood behind him, jaw dropped as his friend restrained his own father in order to protect him.

 

“I don’t know hyung, I really don’t know.” Donghae admitted and they fell back into silence.

 

Mr. Lee was coming into the city now, the light from the sun breaking through the thinning trees. The wooded road turned into a less traveled back road which led to a highway. He merged into traffic easily, blending in with the rest of the world. The sun was high overhead now as he entered the center of the city. He pulled into a parking garage and got out of the car. He made his way down the street and into the building where he knew the president’s office was located. He didn’t have an appointment, a problem for any normal person.

He pulled out his cell phone and soon hacked into the building’s server system. He scrolled and clicked until he found what he was looking for; an appointment scheduled in ten minutes. He hoped the secretary wasn’t very smart since he didn’t have a disguise suit to change his appearance and was just using the name.

 

“How do you think it is going for Donghae and Hyukjae?” Leeteuk asked Kangin as they walked through the crowded streets of Pyongyang.

They had been crowded up in Jonghyun’s office for a day now. They couldn’t risk moving Jonghyun in case somebody saw and wondered what was going on. Now they were on a food run.

“I don’t know; I hope well. I’m hoping Donghae’s father didn’t hurt Hyukjae.” Kangin answered quietly.

“I doubt he would have hurt him. My father worked with Mr. Lee all his life and while he is a hardened man, his son is his weakness. If Donghae asked him to listen, he would.” Leeteuk answered solemnly and Kangin just nodded in response.

They continued their walk in silence and got the food before starting the short journey back.

 

He had made it past the secretary easily. She had been no one special; Mr. Lee had thought that at least the President would have someone better protecting his office.

He knocked on the door the secretary had pointed to and immediately a voice beckoned him in. He opened the door and stepped inside the spacious office.

“Good afternoon Mr. Kim, please have a seat.” The President spoke.

“Mr. Lee. I am not Mr. Kim, I am Mr. Lee; the leader of a secret organization that analyzes the movement of North Korea in hopes of finding a solution to this war.”

“And how am I supposed to believe you?” The President asked.

“Let me show you.” Mr. Lee answered with a luring grin and the President let out a low chuckle before nodding solemnly.

 

Kangin and Leeteuk were back in the building now. They were almost up into Jonghyun’s office when they heard the screaming. They ran up the remaining stairs and quickly burst through the door. What they found was something they didn’t expect.

Sungmin and Ryewook were on the ground, both with broken noses and blood running down their faces. The other four were hovered around them, trying to figure out what happened and stop the bleeding.

“Sungmin, are you all right?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly as he held a wad of paper to his nose.

“J-Jonghyun…” He tried to say from behind the paper Kyuhyun was holding to his nose.

That’s when Leeteuk noticed what was really wrong with this picture.

Jonghyun was gone.

 

“Donghae, meet me in my office in two hours. I am bringing the President and you are going to explain what is happening to him.” Mr. Lee instructed his son over the phone.

“Alright, we will be there.” Donghae answered and then hung up the phone.

“What’s up?” Hyukjae asked from the bed where he was sitting.

“He is bringing the President; we are going to have to explain what has happened.” Donghae explained and Hyukjae simply nodded in understanding.

They sat in silence for awhile before suddenly Donghae got off the bed and started pacing.

“What’s wrong?” Hyukjae asked, worry apparent in his voice.

“I don’t know; something just doesn’t feel right.” He answered as he continued pacing, then it hit him.

Donghae flipped on his telepathy to be battered with noise. His friends were all panicking in his mind.

“Woah, guys, what is happening?” Donghae asked aloud so that Hyukjae could at least hear one side of the conversation.

‘Sungmin and Ryewook are bleeding with broken noses and Jonghyun has escaped. What do we do Donghae?’ Leeteuk informed Donghae.

Donghae stopped pacing and his jaw dropped.

“What, what happened?” Hyukjae asked as he came over to face Donghae.

“Jonghyun escaped, Sungmin and Ryewook are hurt.” Donghae informed him and Hyukjae took a few steps back.

If Jonghyun had escaped everything would fall apart. Even if Hyukjae took over, Jonghyun would now find a way back in. He would gather an army and launch an attack. The whole point of this change in power was to stop the fighting; now it would only develop further.

Donghae just gave Hyukjae a look of: what do we do now?

“They need to follow him. If he reaches an army unit he will recruit them and use them against us. We don’t want another blood bath.” Hyukjae instructed and Donghae relayed the information to his friends.

‘Leeteuk, can Sungmin and Ryewook go with you, or are they too hurt?’ Donghae asked but before Leeteuk could answer Donghae heard to small voices in his head.

‘The bleeding has almost stopped, we will be fine. They need us.’ Sungmin and Ryewook said at the same time.

‘Ok, go after him them. Be careful, and don’t kill him. We will be there as soon as we can.’ Donghae reassured.

‘See you soon. Good luck.’ Multiple voices answered him.

‘You too.’ Donghae answered.

With that Donghae was left alone again with a now confused Hyukjae.

“They are going after him; even Sungmin and Ryewook.” Donghae explained and Hyukjae shook his head disapprovingly.

“I should go; I need to be with them. They don’t know him like I do. He will kill them.”  Hyukjae expressed his concern.

“He won’t kill them.” Donghae stated matter-of-factly.

“You don’t know him!” Hyukjae argued violently.

“No, but I know my friends; and I know your friends. Separately the only thing that can stop them is each other. Together though, they are unbeatable.” Donghae simply stated.

It was silence for a few minutes as Hyukjae had no response.

“We are going to have to kill him. You know that, right?” Donghae asked.

“I know” was Hyukjae’s only answer. He knew damn well who Donghae was talking about, and no matter how much he wanted to deny it; he knew Donghae was right.

 

Donghae was doing something he had always dreamed of growing up: sitting at his father’s desk. This time it was totally different though.

Mr. Lee had brought the President back to Lee Company headquarters and he was now sitting in the chair in front of Mr. Lee’s desk. Mr. Lee was standing in the corner of the office, observing what was happening. Hyukjae stood behind Donghae, a hand placed gently on Donghae’s shoulder. Five minutes passed in silence until finally, Donghae spoke.

“The Lee Company has been around since the beginning of the war. My father here has run the company since before I was born. I am his only son and will take over when he ‘retires’. The purpose of this company is to do one thing: end the war.” Donghae began slowly, his keen eyes observing the man’s every move from his eyes blinking to his hand twitching. His sensitive ears could hear the man’s heart beating abnormally fast and it felt as though the room was a boiling oven.

“The boy behind me is Lee Hyukjae; Jonghyun’s son.” He paused after delivering this, watching as the man’s face twisted into an expression of pure horror.

“He isn’t going to hurt you, or me, or my father. He isn’t Jonghyun. It is as simple as that. I spent the past week with him and his group of spies. I earned their trust under a different identity. Right now Jonghyun is being held captive in his own office by some of our top spies and the same spies I spent the past week with.” Donghae felt Hyukjae’s hand tighten on his shoulder at the lie and Donghae saw his father’s reaction out of the corner of his eye. He knew the boys were bluffing.

“We are working together in hopes of bringing peace to the peninsula once and for all. I for one never expected to have a shred of respect for the man I was born to hate. Little did I know that I would not only respect him, but trust him. I am asking now that you put your trust in me, and in him. We have a plan, and it will work, but we need your trust.” Donghae finished and the President looked from him, to Hyukjae, and back at Mr. Lee who gave him an encouraging nod.

“They may seem young, but these two were born for this. They were born into this world and they are fully aware of what they are doing.” Mr. Lee encouraged and Donghae simply passed his father a polite look in thanks.

A few minutes passed in silence as the President looked around the room, trying to process everything. When he finally spoke, it was exactly what Donghae wanted to hear.

“What do you need from me?”

Donghae smiled for a brief second before it faded and a serious expression replaced it.

“We need you to step down.” Donghae simply told him.

The reaction was to be expected. The President’s jaw dropped and he stuttered as he frantically tried to speak. He stood as though to leave immediately at the preposterous request.

“Hear them out.” Mr. Lee commanded as he pushed the President back into his seat.

Donghae smiled at his father as he realized that he did truly trust him.

“Hyukjae will take over North Korea and announce the end of the war. We need to be in power here so that we can announce the end of the war. After the peace treaty has been made the border will be destroyed and North and South Korea will reunite into simply “Korea”. Hyukjae and I will share the power and create a government system that will rule the country as one, not two. Hopefully what we establish will last for generations and this war will never return.” Donghae explained and he could clearly see that the President’s shock had worn off and he was seeing the logic behind the plan.

“You promise to do what is right? You seem awfully young to be the rulers of a country.” The President tried to argue.

“We may be young, but I have been preparing for this since I escaped from day care at two years old to break into a combat class. Hyukjae is in the same situation. We are ready; the world is ready.” Donghae elaborated and behind him Hyukjae nodded before beginning to speak for the first time.

“I know you are having a hard time trusting me because of whose son I am, but just because I am his blood doesn’t mean I am like him. I see that the way he viewed the world is wrong. We are all people, Donghae made me see this, and it is time that we started acting like civilized human beings.”

At this point the President nodded and stood up and extended his hand to Donghae who shook it eagerly. He then extended it to Hyukjae who took it timidly.

“I will resign, but only when you tell me to. Until then I will stop any offensive attacks on North Korean forces.” He spoke and then turned to leave.

“Thank you.” Donghae called out after him as a guard met him at the door to him back to his car.

“I’m proud of you son. I knew that this day would come, but I didn’t think it would happen this way. However, what happened to Jonghyun? I know you were lying about him being held captive.” Mr. Lee asked after the President had left.

“We had him, but he managed to escape. Donghae’s group and my friend’s are out tracking him now.” Hyukjae explained nervously. He had just gained the man’s trust and he didn’t want to lose it through this mistake.

“Well, shouldn’t you be out there with them?” Mr. Lee asked with a smile and Donghae stood and pulled Hyukjae towards the door.

“Yes sir!” Hyukjae responded enthusiastically.

Donghae pulled Hyukjae out the door and started heading down the hall until his father’s voice called him back.

“Donghae!! Take the bikes!” He called and then threw a set of keys down the hall to his son.

“Thanks!” Donghae called back.

“You’re welcome! And good luck!” Were the last words the two heard as the turned the corner and made their way through the building.

“Bikes?” Hyukjae asked nervously.

“You’ll see.” Donghae answered with a smirk.

 

Roxie tried a new format, Roxie doesn't like this chapter! Roxie is tired and speaking in 3rd person. Please excuse some awful grammar issues in here as I couldn't remember how to spell 'past' or what 'hyung' meant. Roxie wanted to update though, so there ya go! Another cliffy :D Roxie is evil :P Anyone here like B1A4?? I think they are more adorable than B2ST! Not as adorable as Teen Top though...but I ish happy that there is finally a group my age!!!