Revelations

In Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

~Hyori's POV~

 

  "Get the away from her Ji-Yong!", I heard someone yell from a distance. GD or should I say, "Ji-Yong" pulled away from me. When I opened my eyes, I regained control over what I was really feeling and saw Tao standing there his fists clenched and his eyes burning with anger.   "Zi Tao! My old friend! What in the world are you doing here?" Ji-Yong asked sarcastically.   "I would like to ask you the same thing Ji-Yong. I know you've been spying on Hyori since the first time you saw her. What do you plan on doing to her Quànshuō?", he said suspiciously. Quànshuō? The word seemed familiar, Chinese I suppose? I think so, since I studied Chinese as a little girl. Wait. Persuader? What?   "Ooh, do you plan on breaking the rules? Do you really want to reveal everything that we are--What are you called in your language? Let me see, ah! Yes. Shíjiān lǚxíng? Do you plan on putting your life on the line for her? knowing that there is someone hunting your kind down?", he threatened Tao. Time traveller? Hunting down whose kind? What the hell are they talking about? I stood there confused with four guys surrounding me, still unwilling to let me go anywhere.    "All I plan on doing, is to get her away from you since we both know that the moment she gets involved with you and you get in trouble, she will be too", I heard Ji-yong say, walking towards me. Tao started getting red with anger and his facial expression scared me. It almost looked like he was going to kill him.   "Besides, I can make her fall for me before you do", Ji-Yong said smirking at Tao. I stood there helplessly, scared and traumatized. When he put his hand on my chin I felt controlled again and I couldn't move. He went in for another kiss and Tao lost it. Everything around me slowed down and Tao moved faster than the speed of light. He ran towards us and he punched GD and he quickly pulled away. Everything went back to normal and Tao fought all five of them off. I scurried away looking for something I could use to defend myself and Tao from GD and his gang.    Tao was putting up a great fight, but when another guy hit him on the back with a baseball bat, I stopped what I was doing and tackled that guy from behind. I hit his head  and face multiple times and successfully brought him down. But after doing so, one of Ji-Yong's friends grabbed me from behind in a bear hug and I was immobilized. I saw Ji-Yong take out a knife and started attacking Tao with it. Tao dodged all of his attacks successfully, but was caught off guard when he looked over and saw me being restrained. He placed a huge cut on Tao's chest and it started to bleed, heavily, and Tao was brought to his knees.   The was when two flaming figures flew over us in the sky, distracting GD and his gang. Tao seemed relieved when the two figures came closer to the ground. He closer they got, the easier it was to distinguish what they were. "Oh. My. God", I muttered. I felt the arms restraining me let go of my body and I turned around and quickly kneed him in the solar plexus. Call me crazy, but I swear when I turned around I honestly saw a Dragon and a -I don't know, a Phoenix or something?-land on the ground and suddenly, the two creatures took their human form. And would you believe it? It was Kris and Chanyeol.    I started to feel dizzy, realizing how tight the guy's grip on me was and I dropped to the ground and saw only fragments of what was happening before me. One moment, Kris, Chanyeol and Tao were fighting together side by side and in another, I saw Tao running to me. "Ri? Princess? Are you okay?" I heard him say. I out and the next thing I know was I was being carried by Tao back to the parking lot and into his car. I looked up at him and beside him was Kris, who seemed to be holding my bag, and that was it for me. I lost my conciousness completely.   I woke up and I was in an unfamiliar, yet stunningly dark-themed bedroom. Lara and Coleen weren't in sight. I turned to my side and I glanced at the clock on the side table beside me and I realized that we were only gone for than an hour, despite whatever the hell just happened at school. The two would probably be over in 20 or 30 minutes. I noticed a photo, framed beside the lamp. It was a photo of me and...and Tao? This is Tao's room? I turned over to my other side to find out that Tao was beside me the whole time, sleeping.    The cut caused by GD was cleaned up and his chest was wrapped up in a huge bandage. He had several bruises on his shoulders and abdomen and a few scratches and cuts on his arms. He also had a small bruise on his cheek. Even at this state, he looked so enchanting. He looked so peaceful and angelic that I could stay here and stare at him forever. And that's when the memories flooded my head. He saved me from those guys. My newest best guy friend saved me from the danger I almost faced. But Kris and Chanyeol were ther too. And I saw a Dragon and a Phoenix. The visions of the two creatures were still in my head and I started wondering if I really was crazy, or maybe I just hallucinated?   "Hmm", I heard Tao groan as he shifted a little, still asleep. I got up slowly and went into what seemed to be his bathroom. When I stepped in, I was impressed by what it looked like. It was a huge bathroom for one guy.   I looked at myself in the mirror and examined myself. I lifted my sleeves only to see my upper arms covered with bruises, probably from the tight grip of GD's friend on me earlier. My knuckles were covered in bandages and I felt cuts on them, they hurt a lot, and I recalled hitting someone. Looking in the mirror, it took me a second to realize that I was wearing what seemed to be one of Tao's shirts and one of the pajama shorts that I had packed in my bag. My skin felt clean, it was free of dirt from school and my hair was pretty damp. Did someone bathe me while I was out? Hopefully not, or else that would be very awkward.   "Hey", I heard a voice say sleepily. I turned around and saw Tao standing at the bathroom door.    "Hey...", I replied weakly. "So... Aren't you going to tell me what happened earlier?"   "I don't think I have a choice", he sighed. He came closer to me and wrapped his arms around my body and I buried my hands and face in his bandaged chest. I smelled the blood on his bandages and I got worried. Was he okay?   "Do you really want to know?"   "Yes", I said, looking up to him. God, he was tall.   "I don't think there's a possible way of explaining it to you without getting laughed at", he said, placing a kiss on my forehead.   "Then show me..."   "Close your eyes...", and I did as he said. I felt my everything around me shift, then I began hearing familiar and unfamiliar voices around me. In a few seconds everything became cold. I felt that I was standing on grass, barefoot. I didn't know what was happening and Tao was yet to tell me whether or not I could open my eyes already.   

"Get the away from her Ji-Yong!"
"Zi Tao! My old friend! What in the world are you doing here?"

 

  When I heard these voices my eyes flew open and I was watching what just happened earlier from afar. I gripped Tao's arm and I looked at him nervously. I didn't want to see any of it. I was scared and I had no idea what the hell was happening.   "You still don't get it, do you?", he whispered   "No idea" I replied   "Me and all the other guys... We each have abilities, I for one, can travel through time and I can manipulate it, make it slow down or speed up. What you're seeing now is a replay of what happened earlier. I can interact with the people in the past that I am present in, but I prefer not doing so unless I have to. By replay, I can be in two places at the same time without the other me, or the past me, knowing. By rewind, I can repeat everything that happened in the past and only I would know that I turned back time, unless I brought someone with me", he explained smoothly.   "So... This? Is all real?", i said observing how true to life everything looked, felt and sounded.   "Yes, everything you're seeing now is absolutely real"   "This is a replay?"   "Yes". My surroundings disappeared and we were back in their house.   "So with time travel you can teleport?" I asked looking up at him   "Well, not really. Time can take me to wherever I was at the time if I wanted it to take me there. But it's also optional for me to stay where I am when I'm traveling through time", he explained, removing his arms from me.    "Do you believe in everything I just said?", he asked.   "Yes, I don't really think what you showed me is possible for a normal person to be able to do"    "Good, then I assume you want to know about Kris and Chanyeol now?" he asked. I gulped hard, and I just nodded. He took my hand and led me out of his room and he led me downstairs. I was scared of what Chanyeol and Kris might do to me now that I know they're not normal, considering the fact that I just saw them turn from mythical creatures back to their normal state. Honestly, as a child, I was very scared of dragons and I don't think I'll be able to stay calm when one of them admits who the dragon among them was. We walked hand-in-hand into the living room and saw everyone- Kris, Luhan, Chen, Xiumin, Chanyeol and Kai-gathered at the door, seemingly greeting someone.   "Sorry I'm late guys, I was caught up with the dance practice and I didn't realize how late it was. How's ZiTao and Hyori?" I heard a familiar voice ask.   "We're fine Yixing", Tao said with a half-smile. Everyone turned around and walked over to us.    "Tao, seriously, put a shirt on, but anyways, it's good that you're both fine. So Hyori, how're you doing?", Lay asked,as he approached me.   "I'm fine, a few bruises here and there, but I'll live",   "Alrighty then, let's get to business, before the two other ladies see what happened to their best friend", Lay said pulling me away from Tao and sitting me down on the couch. He took my hands and covered them with his hands.   "I suppose you already know what happened earlier?", Lay asked. I nodded, then I felt warmth coming out of his hands and into mine and after a few seconds, my knuckles didn't feel painful anymore. He removed his hand that was covering mine, and got rid of my bandages. I was surprised by the sudden disappearance of the bruises and cuts on my knuckles. I looked at Tao, questioning him with my eyes. He looked at me and chuckled.   "He has the ability to heal and bring the dead back to life, but that's a tad bit complicated", he whispered, sitting down beside me. "Oh...", was all I could say in shock.   "Okay, where else were you injured? or where else do you feel any pain?", Lay asked me   "My arms are pretty beat up..", I replied lifting up my sleeves. The bruises weren't as ugly as they seemed earlier, maybe it was because of what Lay did. He put his hands over my arms and I felt that familiar warmth flow through my body. When he removed his hands, my bruises disappeared instantly.   "So is that it? Are you gonna be okay now? Nothing else that I need to fix up?"   "Nope, nothing more, I'll be fine. Thank you Lay", I said, rubbing my newly healed arms.   "Alright then, time for the big boy to be healed", he said, turning to Tao. Tao took off the huge bandage on his chest and the wound wasn't bleeding anymore. "Looks like someone's healing up pretty fast", Lay said. He placed his right hand over Tao's chest and I marveled at his ability to heal. Tao's wound disappeared instantly and so did his bruises and scratches. Kris handed Tao a shirt and he put it on, finally, at least I don't have to endure seeing my best friend half in front of me.   "Alrighty! So... Kris? Chanyeol? Are you guys fine?", Lay asked turning to the two guys who were standing behind everyone else.   "Yeah, we're good, we didn't get hurt much, so we're fine", Chanyeol replied. Lay nodded and smiled at us. He left us and headed upstairs without saying goodbye. I set my eyes on the house's door, which was left ajar, and saw Coleen and Lara arriving. When they got out of the car, they flashed everyone huge smiles.Tao and Chanyeol went outside and helped the two girls with their stuff and led them inside.   "Hey guys! Sorry we're super late! Gosh you must be hungry!" Lara exclaimed.   "Ya think?", Kris said, and Lara glared at him. He mouthed her a "sorry" and pouted. Lara smiled at him and he sighed in relief.   "Hey Tao gege, where's the dining room? I
Please log in to read the full chapter