Syntax Error. (Part 4)

In Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

I haven't updated in 739302917465820 decades. ASDFG I'm dying T~T, College is ruining me -.-

-Coleen's POV-

'Everything's gonna be okay. Just breathe. Luhan promised to go with the plan smoothly. He promised no fooling around, so just breathe okay? Breaaathheeee. Breaaaatheeee---'

"Good Morning Coleen...", I familiar voice said from behind me. I was standing face front to my locker, trying to meditate and this guy shows up.

"What is it Luhan?", I asked, annoyed for no reason

"Uhh, nothing. How are you?", Luhan asked.

"I'm fine Luhan. Why do you ask?", I replied

"Nothing...", He answered. Well that's unusual, Luhan never acts like this towards me. Could it be his way of carrying the plan on?

"Hey look, I know this is awkward but... I'm gonna do something later, so please just go with it okay? And makeit a point that whatever your reaction will be, will seem connected to us becoming a... Couple", Luhan whispered. I frozein my place. Does Luhan really mean that, or is he just serious about fixing the problem with Krystal, Chanyeol and Lara? Yes, that must be it, don't think about nonsense Coleen. I simply nodded slowly, still processing what he told me.

"So, aren't you gonna tell me what your plan is?", I asked in total curiosity

"No, it's a surprise Mini Me...", Luhan smirked. I didn't notice, but his hair is completely blonde now. Yesterday it wasn't. Okay, why are you observing his hair Coleen? It's not like you care right? No you don't. Your concern is Lara and Chanyeol. That's it. I glared at him in annoyance, and in return, he leaned in closer to my face, making me back up to my locker. What is going in Luhan? You better not touch me!

"Oh, and don't forget to cry with happiness. I want you to reply I love you too, once I'm done"

"Why the hell would I do that?!", I almost screamed

"Hey, the whole thing will happen in front of Krystal, I want it to be as real as possible... okay? And besides, we've been friends for quite some time, and because of that, we should act like we're best friends turned into lovers. Don't worry, I won't do anything unless I ask your permission to do it.", Luhan said backing off and leaning on the locker beside me. I still felt his eyes on me, and due to hiim looking down on me, I felt like I was shrinking. I looked to my side, where he was, and summed up the courage to look up at him since it's rude not to look to someone when they talk to you.

"You promise?"

"I promise. That's why I told you about it. I just want to surprise you so the reaction will be real"

"But if it was a surprise, why tell me?"

"It was my way of asking permission... And I mean, who knows? You might think I meant it" Luhan mocked me. THIS IDIOT, HE ACTUALLY THINKS THAT I WOULD BE SMITTEN OVER HIM. NO FREAKING WAY.

"You're so full of yourself. Do you actually think that just because Krystal is pretty and she likes you, it automatically means that I would be head over heels for you? Never.", I spat, walking away into our first class. The plan was to walk with him, but I'll have to apologize to Hyori later.

"Coleen! Wait!", Luhan screamed as I reached the hallway. I heard running footsteps and in a second, Luhan was walking beside me. "I didn't mean it like that okay?", he said standing in front of me. I simply nodded, not looking at him, and walked away. I had a three second head start of walking when I heard running again. I was so annoyed already, why can't he just leave me al--

"Coleen, hey. I just didn't want to give you the wrong idea. You're my best friend, and I didn't want to give you the wrong impression of what I was gonna do later... I'm sorry", Luhan whispered. I felt a strong back behind me, and arms wrapped gently around me,  just below my neck. Was--why is Luhan-- what?

"I-it's okay. J-just let me go now... okay?", I stuttered

"N-no. Not until you understand....", Luhan mumbled, sincerity showing in his voice. I get it Luhan. Please stop. I felt my face heat up when a group of students were already staring at us.

"Luhan, please. People are looking", I whisspered to him, but he refused to let go.

"Hey Luhan. I think you heard the lady... Let her go", I heard a familiar voice say. Luhan let go of me, and I looked behind us to find L standing there. What is he doing here?

"Hey, she's my best friend. Back off L", Luhan spat

"From what I've observed between the two of you, it seems to me like you're always causing disappointments to her... What she needs in her life is happiness Luhan... Not a guy who always makes fun of her", L argued.

"Luhan isn't really like that. He's just a kid, but he's mature eenough to know when I'm serious L", I interrupted, and L sighed.

"Fine, but if I see you messing around with Coleen. You better get your face ready for some beating", L taunted Luhan.

"Not if I beat you up first. And my relationship with Coleen is none of your business. She's mine and only mine, and I'm serious when I say that I don't like to share", Luhan taunted back. M-mine? Since when did Luhan want me to be his? This guy is crazy. After the drama, L left me alone with Luhan and I walked to class with him. I tried not to look at anyone else but Hyori as I entered the room. I sat down on my seat and tried not to be awkward the whole time I was beside Luhan.

*______~______*

LUNCHTIME:CAFETERIA.

"Luhan is up to something. I just don't know what it is", I pouted at Hyori.

"Well it must be something good? Now come on, eat your lunch", Hyori spoke

"I don't want to. You chose vegetarian for me", I glared at her

"Hey, you have to eat veggies for once in your life. This is why you'll die early dude", Hyori argued, pointing her fork at me. I rolled my eyes and ate the food in front of me. Well, it was okay.

"There you go... See? You're eating vegetables! I'm so proud of you!", Hyori exclaimed, squashing me with her embrace.

"Hyori... I-I can-- I can't breathe...", I struggled to say, she apologized and let go of me. I was eating in silence when I saw Krystal passing by in front of us, with a glare. She took the table beside us along with a few of her friends. Silly, Jealous Little girl. I looked down and continued to eat my food, trying to avoid eye contact with Krystal, and that's when Luhan comes along.

"Hey uh, Coleen can I talk to you?", Luhan asked me louder than he should have. I simply nodded and stood up.

"So what's up?", I asked innocently, still trying to avoid eye contact with Krystal who was just sitting on my left hand side.

" Coleen, I know this is kind of shocking, and maybe a bit unexpected. But I just want you to know, that despite all the name-calling, all the arguing, constant bickering at each other. All the pranks that made each of us cry in annoyance, I will always like you as a friend. But there's one thing that I can't let happen. Staying friends with you on my last year in high school. Coleen, you've made me laugh when I was very sad, you've made me cry when you were mad at me because I was desperate to get our friendship back. You put up with my childishness even though I've hurt you with it sometimes. And I'm truly sorry for all the wrong things that I have done against you. But I would also like to thank you for staying with me even though I'm like this. I've never had a better girl bestfriend than you and I think that's my advantage. Coleen, I want you to be my best friend, but I need you to be my girlfriend. Will you accept my love?", he asked handing me a small rectangular box. I stood there shocked. I didn't realise that I smiled through his speech so I immediately pouted.

"I-I know it's not much, but I hope you'll accept it", Luhan smiled, still holding out the box in front of me. I smiled back, wiping away the tears that somehow rimmed my eyes, and I took the box in my hands. I don't really care if that apology was just some sort of addition to the plan, all I know is that somehow, it may be sincere.

"Sooo... Are we?--"

"Yes Derphan", I giggled, throwing my arms at him. And as expected, he hugged me back. If I had known so earlier, I should've just ignored Luhan from the day we met, maybe if I did, he would be this much sweeter, or nicer. But then again, he started this whole 'us always arguing' thing.

"I love you Coleen". Yeaaaah. Riggghhttt. Like that'll happen. 

"I-I love you too, babo", I replied with difficulty, ruffling his hair, and surprisingly, the others around us started cheering for Luhan. This may be awkward but, in all honesty, I just wish it was real. But not in that way. I just wished Luhan would be nicer to me. But This is fake. He doesn't really care like that and he will never stop making fun of me. Oh well, it doesn't matter. A plan like this reqiures me not to expect him to treat me better in reality. It will ruin the whole thing..

"Can I-uh join you?", he asked. I looked at Hyori and she happily nodded. I sat down beside Lara, who was beside Hyori, and she started poking my side.

"Woman, you better stop doing that or else imma poke your eyeballs out", I grimaced jokingly at Lara and she just laughed it off.

"Where are Tao, Kris, Chanyeol  and Sehun?", Luhan asked. Hyori and I shrugged and Luhan sighed.

"They're late again...", Luhan muttered helplessly.

"A round of applause for the new couple!!!!!!", a deep, loud voice exclaimed as the doors to the cafeteria flew open. Chanyeol came in, holding a banner with chibi versions of me and Luhan. Park Chanyeol what?

"Oh, there they are!", Luhan exclaimed.

Kris, who was holding a bouqet of some sort, followed Chanyeol in. Tao and Sehun were behind them throwing confetti all over the place, and everyone was cheering. Some girls, like Krystal, were full-on glaring at me. I guess this is how I die.

*_______~_______*

"Hey, what time are you guys coming over?", Hyori asked Baekhyun, Luhan, Tao and Chanyeol.

"Around 6. We'll bring some stuff over if that's okay with you...", Baekhyun answered with a cute smile. So-go-gi is so cute omo.

"Hey, Coleen. Eyes off the merchandise", Hyori teased me as I watched that cute beef walk away with the guys.

"He's just so cute! And I remember what Sangbum said about me ending up with Baekhyun!", I giggled

Please log in to read the full chapter