Saturday (Part 1)

In Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Hyori's POV-

"So Tao... I've been meaning to ask you something...", I mumbled, taking a bite on the tuna sandwich Tao made for me.

"What?"

"How-uh, how did yo know?", I hesitantly asked, afraid to continue the question.

"Know what, exactly?", he asked back, munching on his sandwich

"That I was with Seungri this morning?"

"Instinct...", He smirked. LIAR.

"No, seriously. How did you find out?"

"After I called you, I asked Kris-ge to get some groceries with me..."

"Okay, so what is the relevance of groceries to me meeting up with Seungri?", I asked, confused, as always.

"Remember? There's a market at the opposite side of the cafe that you were in earlier?", he said, bringing out some orange juice from the fridg- oh. That market. I see... All I could do was nod since I was dumbfounded at how stupid it was to hang out with Seungri in such a public place. But I'm thankful for my stupidity, I was stupid enough to finally see why Tao was so worried about me, and I was stupid enough to finally see that my past feelings for Tao never went away. And I was stupid enough to finally see that he loved me too. I thought that he would never like me back, so I went on to find some other guy to put my interest into, but then again, Tao made it clear that the feeling was actually mutual, after months of me waiting. That Jerk. -.-  Ugh, I love him.

"So... I was wondering, since now we've both confessed to each other. I-uh, well, will you be my girlfriend?", he asked, redness spreading across his cheeks. I looked at him with my eyes wide open.

"I-I don't know Tao. I don't think I can handle how this relationship will progress, especially since you were first my best friend and now IDon'tThinkICanHandleHowAttractiveYouAre...", I replied in a serious tone

"B-But, we can work this out right? I know I'm your best friend and it's a hard transitio-wait what?", he asked, furrowing his brows. And that was it. I started laughing at how he didn't take the time to process the last few words that I said.

"Hyori. I don't know if you're messing with me or not...", Tao pouted. I stopped laughing and looked him in the eyes.

"Tao, you know that I love you. I always have, and I always will. I tried to focus on Seungri because I was afraid of losing our friendship...",

"Losing our friendship? How? Why?"

"Because I thought I was the only one in love. I loved you but I thought you wouldn't feel the same. I know we act like we're dating most of the time but basically at those times I knew that you only looked at me as a friend-"

"That wasn't how I looked at you Hyori...", Tao interrupted me. I stared at him surprised. Did he really mean that?

"Do you have any idea, why I acted like that towards you? It's because I love you. Sure, at the first few weeks we've been friends, it was only friendly for us, but in all honesty I was already confused about what I was feeling for you. I couldn't sleep at night without having to replay all the times I had you in my arms at night. Every evening, I spend seconds-minutes, watching us together. Just me lying on the bed, with my world, in my arms. Just so I could dream about it when I fall asleep. And believe me, I do dream about us, flashbacks of all the times we've spend together, lead me to waking up with a smile on my face. In fact, I was afraid to tell you. But when Seungri happened, I got mad, mad at myself. I was disappointed for not telling you soon enough before you started showing your interest in him. But at the same time, I was still afraid. At that time I was afraid of losing you, I've never imagined how big of an effect you could have on me, until he came into your life. I thought I made a big mistake, but it turns out it wasn't too late. Hyori, I Love You. Please understand that I cling to you because you're the only life I have left to live.  Will you please be my girlfriend?"

That blew me away. I was stuck there staring at him. Unable to process the words that just came out of his mouth. He felt the same way? All this time? How could I not know? How could I not know that he was not only there for me because I was his friend, but also because he loved me? How stupid was I not to see? But isn't this impossible? For him to love me? He's too special. He's too amazing for me. I'm a wreck, I'm weak, and I love too easily. I don't deserve him, do I?

"Hyori... Say something...", Tao mumbled, grabbing my cold hands, tears his eyes

"Tao, I don't know if I deserve you. You're too amazing for me. I for one, replaced you for Seungri just because I was afraid. But you, you stuck wi

Please log in to read the full chapter