Chapter VI [Memory Lane]

Players Beware
YAY! Chapter 6!
------------------------
{Recap}

“Hebs, the way you talk about your parent makes it seem like they died.” Selina said with a frown.

“To me, they kinda are.” I said coldly.

{End of Recap}

{Aaron's POV}
[School(Early morning)]

Jiro and I were heading towards our class room early this morning together, because Jiro wanted to talk to me about something. I could probably already guess what its about...Ah Bee.

“Aaron, I was wondering...” Jiro started. “...where's Ah Bee's grave?”

“She has no grave. Her parents took her with them.” I said.

“Oh do you know where they moved to?”

“No. They wouldn't even let me pay my respects to her.” I said. “They said that I should just leave. And that I'm causing them too much pain.”

“Oh...so they probably won't let me either...” Jiro said sadly.

“Sorry man.” I said as I patted him on the back.

“*sigh* If I didn't leave that summer to visit my grandparents, I would have seen her one last time.” Jiro said.

“What are you talking about? You saw her at the airport, when you were leaving.” I said.

“Yeah, I know that, but I never told her how I felt.” Jiro said.

“Just be happy you saw her smiling one last time.” I said sadly. “*sigh* The last thing I saw before I blanked out was blood all over her body, I could never forget the painfulness in her eyes. Trust me, its the worst thing on the plant.”

“You got hit too, but yet you still lived.” Jiro said with a sigh. “I guess God has something planed for you.”

“I just wished he had something planed for Ah Bee too.” I said as Jiro nodded in agreement. “Hey do wanna ditch?”

“Sure, where are we heading?” Jiro asked.

“How about all the places we spend with Ah Bee?” I asked.

“Can I go too?” A girly voice asked. Jiro and I turn around to see who it was. “Can I? I miss her too.” I smiled a her and nodded my head.

“Its almost like she's here, telling all of us to hang out together again.” Jiro said smiling as all of us let out a few laughs.

“Which place first?” I asked as all of us look at one another as though we had the same thing in mind. “The ice cream shop!” We were all heading out when we bump into someone.

“Oh hey Ang!” Cyndi said as she waved to her friend.

“Why are you with him?” She asked as she glared at me.

“Oh...well um we're all going to hang out at the ice cream shop like the good old days.” Cyndi said.

“Well it won't be like the good old days and you all know that.” Angela said as all of us frown. “Xi Bi is not here and its all his fault.” She pointed to me.

“Look! I know your mad about what happen to Ah Bee, but come on!” I said. “At least we're taking the time to remember the good times we had with her.”

“The good times Xi Bi had with YOU! Died when she got hit by that car!” She said. “I swear I don't see what she liked about...well at least the you now.” She rolled her eyes and left. “Do what ever you want, but what ever it is, she's not coming back to any of us.” Those were her last words as she walked out. And I knew that she was right. Ah Bee isn't coming back. I looked at Jiro and Cyndi and I knew that they were thinking the same thing. Ah Bee is gone and there's nothing that we can do or say about.

“Come on, let's go get a snow cone for Jiro here and for Ms. Cyndi a frozen yogurt.” I said as I tried to lighten up the mood. Cyndi looked up at me and smiled.

“What about you? What do you want?” She asked.

“The usual. A banana split.” I said.

“You sure you'll be able to finish it without Ah Bee?” Jiro asked teasingly.

“Hey! I'm a grown man now, I can finish it!” I said as we all laughed. “Let's go.”

[Ice Cream Shop]

“Well looky here, the old trouble makers are back.” The store owner said.

“Hi there, Mr. Creamy.” I said as all of us walked into the shop. “I mean Mr. Mochi.”

“Its fine if you call me Mr. Creamy. I wouldn't want it any other way.” Mr. Creamy said. “After all you guys were my number one customer in the summers. Well not these past eight summer, just little Yan Yan here. Though he's not so little anymore.”

“I can't believe you still remember us.” Jiro said as he sat down.

“You have very great memory Mr. Creamy.” Cyndi said as she also sat down.

“Well thank you Sunshine.” Mr. Creamy said. “Now let me guess, a snow cone for Spiky here and a frozen yogurt for Sunshine.”

“Please and thank you.” Jiro and Cyndi said. I sat down two seats away from Cyndi, to make it seem like the whole gang was here.

“So are the other two coming too?” Mr. Creamy asked as he looked at were I sat. Jiro and Cyndi looked at me and the two seats between them and me.

{Flash Back}
[Six years ago in the ice cream shop]

“Hi Mr. Mo...Moc...I'm gonna just call you Mr. Creamy from now on.” Ah Bee said as she lightly slapped her fist on the counter.

“Xi Bi! That's rude!” Angela said.

“But I can't say his name right. That would be even more rude if I say it wrong.” Ah Bee said smarty.

“At least ask if it's ok to call him that.” Angela said as she lightly slapped her cousin's arm.

“Is it ok if I call you Mr. Creamy?” Ah Bee asked with the most cutest pair of eyes.

“It's alright, my name is a bit hard to say for you youngsters.” Mr. Creamy said. “But why Mr. Creamy?”

“Because! You make the best ice creams in the world!” Ah Bee said as she throw her hands up in the air.

“How do you know that? You haven't been to every place on the plant.” I pointed out.

“Ya Lun! Ah Bee knows everything! She's always right!” Da Dong said as he slammed he's fist on the counter hard. Which scared almost everyone next to him.

“Why do you always side with her?” Cyndi questioned her cousin. “She could be wrong sometimes. Then again...no Da Dong's right. Ah Bee is never wrong! She just way way smarter than you Ya Lun.”

“No, I think Ah Bu is smarter than me, if not equal.” Ah Bee said in my defense.

“Of course you would say that.” Angela said with a grin.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked as I tilted my head side ways.

“Nothing!” Ah Bee slightly shouted as she covered Angela's mouth. “Oh hey where did Yi Ru and Ji Zun?”

“I think they went to play basketball.” Jiro said as he looked around. “They said they don't really like hanging out with girls.”

“Hmph!” The Girls said as they crossed their arms. “Well, we don't like them either!”

“Oh don't say that. They just...hm how do I put it...like doing their own things.” I said. “After all they are guys.”

“Are you siding with them, Ah bu!?” Ah Bee asked with a disappointed look. “'Cause if you are, you can just leave. I be happy just hanging out with the girls and DA DONG!”

“No no! That's not what I meant, Ah Bee!” I said as I waved my hands back and froth in front of my face. “I LOVE hanging out with you guys—GIRLS! And Da Dong...will not really Da Dong 'cause I see him every day, even when summers over.” All the girls burst into laughter at my last statement.

“Hey that's not funny. I thought we were good friend Ya Lun!” Da Dong shouted.

“Oh don't be mad at him. He's just trying to save his .” Angela said.

“What do you mean by that?” Cyndi asked.

“I don't really know what it means but the older kids say it a lot.” Angela said as she thought a bit. “Well my sister says it a lot too...to her boyfriend.”

“Well lets just order!” I said. “One banana split please.”

“Oh! I want one too please!” Ah Bee said as she raised her hand.

“I don't think you'll finish that all by yourself Xi Bi.” Angela said. “Why not share with Ya Lun?”

“Is that ok with you, Ah Bu?” Ah Bee asked.

“Of course! That way I don't waste it!” I said. “Its a pretty big plate of ice cream.”

“And the rest of you want?” Mr. Creamy asked.

“Snow cone for me please.” Da Dong said.

“Frozen yogurt for me please.” Cyndi said.

“Cookie dough please.” Angela said.

“Alright now, let me see if I get this right.” Mr. Creamy said as he pointed to us as he said our orders. “A banana split for little Yan Yan and Fu Zhen, cookie dough for Sparkles, a frozen yogurt for Sunshine, and a snow cone for Spiky here.”

“Uh?” We all said confused.

“Well you gave me a new name, so I decided to give you youngster new names also.” Mr. Creamy said.

“Oh!” We all said.

“So I'm little Yan Yan?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“And I'm little Fu Zhen?” Ah Bee asked.

“Yes.”

“Sparkles?” Angela asked as she pointed to herself.

“Yup.”

“Sunshine?” Cyndi asked as she also pointed to herself.

“Yes.”

“Spiky?!” Da Dong question in disbelief.

“And yes.”

“WHY?!” We all asked.

“Well you two.” Mr. Creamy said as he pointed to Ah Bee and me. “Are every small for your age so little is in front of it and I just took little Yan Yan's last name and little Fu Zhen's first name.”

“What about us?” Da Dong, Cyndi and Angela asked.

“Well Da Dong here has very spiky hair so Spiky. For Ms. Wang she has a sunshine smile so Sunshine and Ms. Chang has a lot of sparkly things so Sparkles.” Mr. Creamy said as we all had our mouths open in an 'O' shape and let out a few laughs as well.

{End of Flash Back}

There was a very long couple minutes of silence before Cyndi broke it.

“You know, Ang really hates you.” Cyndi said playing with her fingers. “I didn't know why at first, but one day she told me everything and at first I thought I hated you too. But no. I didn't, I just hated the fact that none of us couldn't have done anything to stop it.”

“You know, I hate myself more than she does.” I said as I look at the clock hanging on the wall. “I hate the fact that I lived and she didn't.”

“Now wait one minute! What on earth are you youngster talking about?” Mr. Creamy asked as he slapped his hand on the counter. “What is this talk about death all of a sudden?”

“Mr. Creamy...I never told you this...but little Fu Zhen isn't here anymore...she pasted away eight years ago.” I said sadly.

“Now your just talking crazy talk.” Mr. Creamy said. “Little Fu Zhen's mom, Sheng Xue, came by a few years back looking for her. She was saying something about little Fu Zhen's dad taking her away and what not.”

“WHEN!” I shouted as I grabbed the collar of his shirt. “How long ago?!”

“Aaron calm down.” Jiro said as he pulled me away from Mr. Creamy. “Wait so does that mean Hebe is Ah Bee?”

“No it can't be. They look the same but their last name.” I said. “Ah Bee's last name was Chang.”

“Are you sure?” Jiro asked.

“I have no time for your stupid questions Jiro! I have to find Ah Bee!” I said as I bolted out of the shop.
-----------------------
hey everyone its been awhile! =D ok so um how was the chapters? any good?
oh i won't be updating my other story for awhile just to let those of you who read it know.
hmm this story might be short just to let all of you know.
sigh...i don't know what else to say so please leave comments.
2010/9/28 US Time