Chapter XI [Now or Never]

Players Beware

Chapter 11! YAY!
------------------------------------------------------------

{Recap}

“Tell me what?” I asked.

“Your mother is back in town.” She said as my eyes widen. “She is living with your aunt. She comes by once in a while to check up on me.”

“I have to go.” I said as I gather my things.

“Just remember this, dear, you can't hind from it forever.” She said as I froze. She's right, I can't. “I told the same thing to your mother.” I looked as her as she walk away into the kitchen. “Weren't you heading out?” I walked up to her and gave her the biggest hug I've ever given her.

“Thank you, thank you so much Granny Cho.” I said as I released her from my embrace. “I'll come by again, when my life is more in order.”

“You do that dear.” She said with a smile as she gave me a pat in the shoulder. I waved her goodbye and headed home.

------------------------------------
{No One's POV}
[Girl's House]

“Hebe where have you been?!” Ella asked in a worried tone. Hebe gave her a slight smile.

“Memory lane.” Hebe replied as she headed up to her room. Ella looked at the other girls, who were as confused as she was.

“Huh? Did she say memory lane?” Ella asked.

“I think we should let her be for now.” Selina said.

“Yeah, I think she has a lot of thinking to do.” Rainie said.

“But I'm scared. What if she leaves?” Ella asked.

“Let's not think about the negative.” Rainie said.

“We should head to bed.” Selina said not wanting to further the topic. The other two nodded and headed up to their rooms.

{End of Recap}

{No One's POV}
[School]

Hebe was walking blindly in the halls of the school as for she was very tired from all the thinking that she was doing last night. She bumped into a few people on her way to class. She only nodded to apologize. When she was a few feet away from her classroom she heard Aaron's voice.

“Cyndi, why are you here?” Aaron asked. “Looking for Jiro?”

“Um not really.” Cyndi said. That's when she spotted Hebe. “Hey you!” She pointed to Hebe. Hebe knew that she had to run, so she turn around to make a run for it, but that only caused her to be face to face with her cousin.

“You're not going to run away this time.” Angela said as she grabbed Hebe's arm. Jiro just came by in time and separated the two.

“What's the deal? She didn't do anything to you.” Jiro said as he hide Hebe behind him.

“Get away from her.” Angela said.

“No.” Jiro said. “You got the wr—“

“Jiro, it's fine.” Hebe said. She knew she can't hide from Ang forever. She had to talk with Ang at some point. Guess it's now or never. Hebe thought. How I wish it was never.

“Move.” Angela said to Jiro. Jiro moved aside and Angela grabbed Hebe by the wrist. Angela dragged Hebe all the way up to the roof. They stood there not saying a word to each. Hebe then felt that she need to start the conversation, but before she could, Angela gave her a hard slap on the cheek. Hebe placed her hand on her now fully red cheek and faced Angela. “I can't believe that you've been here, all this time! Why didn't you go home!? Do you know how worried your mom was?! Do you know how worried I was?! I thought something bad happen to YOU!”

“I'm sorry.” Hebe said as she looked to the floor. She didn't know what else to say.

“You're sorry! Hebe sorry isn't going to cut it!” Angela said. Hebe then became a bit angry at Ang for calling her HEBE! Ever since the car crash, no one in her family called her Xi Bi or Fu Zhen. They all wanted to hide everything from her.

“You're one to talk! You think I wouldn't found out about my past!” Hebe shouted. Angela was shocked. How did she find out? Was it when I called her Xi Bi yesterday? Angela questioned herself. “I know what you're thinking. How did I find out? Right?” Angela only nodded her head slowly. “The photo of Aaron and I, playing in the sand box together when we were five.”

“I thought we got rid of all the photos of you and him.” Angela said.

“Well you didn't get rid of the one Aaron kept or the ones I hide under the floor board at my old house.” Hebe informed her.

“He—Xi Bi, we only did what we thought was best for you.” Angela said.

“What was best for me?! You're joking right?! How the hell was that best for me!?” Hebe shouted in anger.

“God dammit Xi Bi! If it weren't for Ah Bu, you would have been fine.” Angela said.

“Don't put the blame on him!” Hebe said.

“Then who?! Who the hell are we suppose to put the blame on!?” Angela shouted.

“ME!” Hebe shouted. “I was the one being careless and I crossed without looking.”

“LIES!” Angela said. “You're only saying that because you have feeling for him.”

“So what if I am? What are you or anyone else in the family going to do about?” Hebe asked. Angela gave out a big sigh. She couldn't believe this right now.

“You know what! You're coming home with me today. Whether you like it or not.” Angela said. Hebe bit onto her lower lip. She closed her eyes and said.

“I was going to come by anyways.” Angela look at Hebe in shock.

“Really?” Angela asked.

“Yes. I...I wanted to see how my mom was doing.” Hebe said. “BUT! You can't tell anyone I'm your cousin nor can you tell Aaron, I'm Ah Bee.”

“He doesn't know?” Angela asked. Hebe nodded. “Then...does Jiro know?”

“The only people that know are Selina, Ella, Rainie, Jiro and you. And I'm guessing you told Cyndi?” Hebe said. Angela nodded.

“Can I ask you something?” Angela asked as Hebe nodded. “Why on earth are you waring glasses? Did your vision get that bad over the years?”

“They're fake.” Hebe said as she let out a small giggle. As they were heading back to class. Angela stopped midway. “What's wrong?”

“I think this belongs to you.” Angela said as she took off a bracelet and handed it to Hebe.

“This is...” Hebe said as she held the bracelet.

“Your 10th birthday present, Aaron gave you.” Angela said. Hebe looked at Angela with disbelief.

“But didn't you say that everyone got rid of everything?” Hebe asked.

“Well...I might have taken it because I wanted it for my own.” Angela said with a cheeky smile. Hebe gave her a hard punch in the arm. “Ow!”

“You jerk, you were always taking my stuff since young.” Hebe said.

“I can't help it. You always get things I like or want.” Angela said as she rubbed her arm. Hebe rolled her eyes at her cousin as she began to put on the bracelet. “Wait you shouldn't put it on yet, Aaron might recognize it.”

“Right.” Hebe said as she put it into her bag. “Come on, we're already late.”

-------------------------
[After School]

“Hebe do you want to hang out today?” Jiro asked.

“Sorry can't.” Hebe said as she put the rest of her thing into her bag.

“Why not?” Jiro whined. Hebe rolled her eyes at him.

“Jiro, stop being a kid.” Hebe said. Jiro only pouted at her.

“Hebs, you ready?” Rainie asked.

“Sorry, you guys can head out without me.” Hebe said as Rainie and the other two girl gave her a look of confusion. “I'll text you guys later about it.” The girls all gave her a nod and then headed out.

“So why can't you hang out today?” Jiro asked as Hebe and him headed out too.

“I just—“ Hebe said.

“Hey, ready to go?” Angela asked, when she saw Hebe come out.

“Wait...” Jiro said as he stop to think. “Did...did you...did you already know?”

“Your parents really did drop you on your head when you were little.” Angela said.

“Ang! That wasn't nice.” Hebe hissed. “Jiro, she was just joking.”

“Wait you knew! But you didn't tell any of us!” Jiro shouted.

“It was none of you business.” Angela said.

“Oh how I want to hit you in the face right now.” Jiro said.

“Then do it! I'm not scared of you!” Angela said.

“Stop it!” Hebe shouted. “It doesn't matter now.”

“You're lucky.” Jiro said as he walked off.

“Geez, and to think I used to like him.” Angela said. Hebe let out a laugh. “What?”

“You used to like him?” Hebe said in between laughs.

“That was when we were younger.” Angela said, but Hebe continued to laugh. “Oh come on. If we don't go now, my mom will scold me again.” Angela rolled her eyes at her laughing cousin and dragged her out of the school.

‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰‰
{Hebe's POV}
[Angela's House]

“Xi Bi, come on.” Ang said as she waved me over to the door. I was scared, I haven't seen my mom in 4 years. “Xi Bi. Everything will be fine.”

“How do you know?” I asked. “Its been four years after all.” She gave out a sigh and walk over to where I was.

“Don't worry so much. I'll be right there with you.” Ang said as she took hold of my hand. She started to walk to the door but I pulled her back. “What now?”

“I can't do it.” I said. “I can't face her. At least not today.”

“Xi BI! You are doing this now! Whether you like it or not!” She shouted as she dragged me all the way to the door. Before Ang even open the door, someone else did.

“Angela Chang, why are you being so loud? You know we have neighbors.”

“I'm sorry, mom.” Ang said. “Um I brought a friend over.”

“Oh welcome to our home.” Aunty Chang said as she looked at me. She then placed a hand over . “F—Hebe?”

“Hi Aunty.” I said as I gave a slight bow.

-------------------------------

“Um where's my mom?” I asked as Aunty gave me a cup of tea.

“She went to a friends house.” Aunty said.

“Oh.” I said as I took a sip of my tea.

“So how have you been?” Aunty asked.

“I've been good. How about you?” I asked.

“Good. I've been good.” She said.

“So mom guess where Xi Bi and I met?” Ang asked.

“Angela.” Aunty hissed.

“Aunty, it's ok. I already know.” I said.

“How? Angela, did you tell her?” Aunty asked.

“No, no Ang didn't tell me. I found out on my own.” I said.

“I see.” She said as we all heard the door open.

“Xiao Rou? Angela? I'm home.”

“Sheng Xue, we're in the living room.” Aunty slightly shouted.

“You won't believe who I saw today.” My mom said as she walked in.

“Hi mom.” I said.

“Fu Zhen?” My mom said as she rushed up to me and pulled me into a hug. “Oh my god. Fu Zhen I thought I lost you forever. I've missed you so much.”

“I've missed you too.” I said as I hugged her back. She broke the hug and looked me up and down.

“Where have you been this whole time?” She asked.

“Here and there.” I said.

“When I get a hold of your father, oh he is going to get it from me.” She said.

“Mom. Dad only did what he did because what you two did was wrong.” I said.

“What we did?” She questioned.

“You two hid the truth from me.” I said. “You shouldn't have done that.”

“You...you know?” She asked.

“Yes.” I said. “And I'm not happy about the fact that you separated Ah Bu and me.”

“Sweetie, I only did that because he was a bad influence on you.” She said.

“Mom. Ah Bu wasn't a bad influence on me.” I said.

“Fine I did it on impulse.” My mom said. “Was just so upset that I almost lost you. I didn't want it to happen again, but in the end it did.”

“Mom, you can't prevent every bad thing for hurting me.” I said.

“I know.” She said as she rubbed my shoulders. “I know.”

------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah kinda short sorry. so how was it?
Hm? I don't know what else to say. I
have to head off to bed. big day tomorrow.
as always thank you for the comments and support.
please comment. see ya! ^^
kristine - lmao! yes! yes it does seem like she like
runs away a lot. ^^
mushiromigal - hope this chapter made you happy. ^^
Ang and Hebe finally talked.
Apple - Thanks for puling my story in you fav bebu fics.
And no worries Aaron will know soon. ^^
`
`
`
`
`
2011/1/16 US Time