Chapter 6

How They Met

After a week of Yixing taking Wufan to random places, they finally decided to go furniture shopping for Wufan's apartment. 

That morning, Wufan wanted to punch whichever bird was stupid enough to sing right outside of his window.

He groaned and sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes and grabbed his phone to check the time.

Craaaaaaaap, why didn’t I put my phone on the charger?!

Wufan’s day was not starting off well. It got worse when he heard the knock on his door.

He huffed and quickly got out of the bed, ready to yell at whoever was at the door.


When Yixing had woken up, he rolled over and snuggled back down into his pillows before remembering what day it was. 

He quickly got out of bed and went into his bathroom, relieving himself and getting in the shower. When he finished cleaning himself, he ran out to his room and picked out some clothes. He was going furniture shopping with Wufan today! He had to look perfect!

After 10 minutes of angrily shoving hangers from side-to-side, he settled on a pair of faded-looking skinny jeans and a white shirt with an oval print and letters on it. He quickly got dressed and ran around his apartment grabbing things he might need. When he was ready, he calmly headed to Wufan’s apartment.

As he knocked on the door, he got nervous. What if Wufan was mad at him for waking him up? What if Wufan didn’t come to the door? What if Wufan was going to ignore him?

Yixing’s heart began beating faster and faster but the door opened and he thought it was safe… until he saw Wufan.

Until he saw a  Wufan.

Well, he wasn’t per se but he was only wearing a pair of black and red checkered boxers. Yixing swore he was going to faint right then.

Wufan’s chest was toned and tan. His shoulders looked even broader without a shirt. His neck looked glorious and his arms were muscular and looked so good.

It took a few seconds of Wufan staring at Yixing and Yixing staring at Wufan’s abs before Yixing realized he hadn’t actually spoken. When he looked up, he noticed a smirk on Wufan’s face. Crap. That meant Wufan knew he was being checked out.

“S-S-sorry I-I-I was j-just” Yixing managed to stutter out but Wufan cut him off with a deep chuckle.

“It’s ok Yixing. What brings you here so early?”

Yixing gulped since Wufan seemed ok with being 98% in front of him.

“I-I-uh- we were supposed to go shopping, remember?”

 

Wufan frowned. He’d forgotten. That meant no sleeping in. Wufan mentally growled at himself for allowing this to happen. If he hadn’t been so caught up watching Yixing’s mouth last night and actually paying attention to what he was saying, he wouldn’t be in this mess.

Wufan sighed and opened the door wider, backing up so Yixing could get in.

“Make yourself comfortable. My phone never charged last night so we won’t be able to go right away.”

Yixing nodded, out of his trance. “Is it ok if I warm up the leftovers from last night? Since we’ll be here for a while?”

Wufan nodded as he walked back to his room, ready for a hot shower. Yixing watched him go. Well, Yixing watched that . When Wufan closed his bedroom door, Yixing shook his head and walked to the kitchen, opening the refrigerator and taking out all the leftovers from the night before.

Yixing took his time reheating all the food, making sure it was as steaming hot as it was when first served. He had to make it up to Wufan for waking him so early.

Once all the food was steaming, Yixing organized everything prettily on the kitchen counter and took out 2 pairs of utensils. He stood next to the food, nervously. He began thinking about where they could go today to find cheap furniture.

There was that nice little place a few blocks over. He’d never been in but he knew they sold a lot of nice things. There was also that big megastore that always seemed to be giving discounts.

Yixing stood in the middle of Wufan’s kitchen, making a mental list of places they could go. He then remembered the large storage space he’d bought when he first moved in. It was packed full of big pieces of furniture that didn’t match his new apartment. Yixing nodded, they were definitely going there.

He heard a minute squeak and slipped back into reality, his senses telling him that there were footsteps coming from the back of the apartment.

Yixing turned around just in time to see Wufan step into the kitchen in fitting jeans and a blue and grey sweater. His hair was pushed back in a styled-messy look and Yixing thought about how his hair would look.

Wufan smiled at Yixing and walked over, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and standing on the opposite side of the counter.

He grinned at Yixing, “Since there won’t be much left and I don’t feel like washing dishes, let’s just eat from the bowls.”

Yixing smiled and nodded, picking up his own pair of chopsticks. They dug in as Yixing told Wufan the list of places they would be visiting that day.

Wufan nodded, paying close attention to the locations of the stores. He remembered each place Yixing told him and reminded himself to reload his gun before they left.

When they finished breakfast, Wufan went back to his room, telling Yixing to load the dishwasher instead of washing the dishes himself.

Yixing sat in the living room, his legs close together and his hands folded neatly in his lap, waiting for Wufan to come from his room.

Wufan walked out, tucking his wallet in his back pocket. He looked at Yixing sitting so stiffly on the couch and laughed. Yixing looked up, startled.

Wufan kept laughing, “Why are you sitting like that?”

Yixing was confused, “Like what? What’s so funny?”

Wufan shook his head and continued to chuckle, walking to the door and opening it for Yixing.

 

The pair went down to the lobby and Wufan followed as Yixing turned left when they exited the building. Yixing happily chattered about random things and how he would decorate Wufan’s place.

Wufan walked next to him, watching everything around them. He wasn’t really paying attention so he was taken aback when Yixing grabbed his hand and pulled him towards him. Wufan looked at him and Yixing gave him a dimpled smile, “You almost hit a pole.”

Wufan looked over his shoulder and noticed there was a large lamppost standing in his path. How did Yixing notice that when he was in his own little world? Wufan shrugged and decided to actually listen to Yixing as they walked.

 

The first store they entered, Yixing headed straight to the back, where the dining section was. Wufan looked around the huge store, amazed by the amount of things on sale. He hurried to follow Yixing because he didn’t want to get lost and because there was a female employee eyeballing him.

Yixing walked around the large dining furniture area, inspecting tables and chairs and prices.

Wufan sat down on a display of chairs and watched Yixing work.

A man walked over and stood in front of Wufan, his arms crossed over his chest, “Sir, you are not allowed to sit on the display items. The furniture must not be used until bought so unless you plan on buying this set, you may not sit here.”

Wufan raised an eyebrow at him but stood up nonetheless, making his way over to Yixing, who had seen the interaction and was smirking. Wufan rolled his eyes as the employee began brushing the seat off as if to wipe some imaginary germs from the surface.

Yixing laughed and continued looking at the table sets.

“How many chairs would you like?”

Wufan shrugged, “The dining room is pretty big so I guess maybe a table that fits 8?”

Yixing nodded and walked straight to a dark wood dining set. He looked at it, bending to check the underside of the table as well as the chairs. Then he called an employee over and began talking.

Wufan was shocked when he caught the end of their conversation. Yixing had talked the man into selling the table for a 40% discount. Impressive.

When Yixing finished negotiating with the man, he walked back over to Wufan with a grin on his face as the employee rushed to the back to get a manager.

Wufan was watching him with an amused smile. Yixing looked at him, “What?”

Wufan shook his head, “Nothing.”

A manager walked over and Yixing led the man to the table, point at random spots and talking.

Yixing led Wufan to the counter, where the manager was standing looking flustered.

The manager pushed a few buttons on the cash register and looked at Wufan, “That’ll be 10392.0128 won.”

Wufan did the math in his head and his eyes widened. That was 65% of the original price! What the hell did Yixing tell the guy.

Yixing spoke up, “I can pay half today and half later.”

Wufan pulled his wallet from his back pocket, “I’ll actually being paying full price right now.”

He handed a credit card over to the man, who’s mood seemed to brighten. Wufan took his card back and sent an eye-smile to Yixing, who had been glaring at him since he’d pulled his wallet out.

Yixing huffed and crossed his arms, turning away from the counter.

The manager, who seemed quite happy all of a sudden, chuckled, “Don’t worry, sir! All good boyfriends pay for the purchases!”

Wufan was tripping over his words, trying to explain while Yixing blushed and looked down.

“Ah no sir! We’re not together. We’re just friends.”

The manager gave them a knowing smile and winked. “Ah, just friends eh? Ok ok. Now would you like this shipped to your house?”

Wufan sighed, “Uh yeah, when is the earliest you can ship it?”

The manager looked at a calendar under the counter, “We can have it arrive next Thursday at the latest.”

Yixing nodded. That was 6 days away. Plenty of time to paint and decorate. He nodded at Wufan, who was looking at him for his approval. Wufan sent him another eye-smile before turning back to the manager and discussing something Yixing didn’t really care to listen to.

They left the store and Yixing led Wufan to another furniture store.

As they walked down the semi-busy sidewalk, Wufan got distracted by a petshop. Without hesitation, he grabbed one of the belt loops on Yixing’s pants and dragged him into the store.

Yixing yelped as he was pulled against his will into a weird smelling shop.

Wufan was eyes all the cages. He’d always wanted a pet but his parents never allowed it.

He knew his apartment didn’t allow big animals, so he walked around examining all the little cats.

Yixing followed behind him, ideas swimming through his head.

Yixing snapped his fingers. Aha! He had the perfect idea.

“Wufan, you should get a large fishtank for that big empty space in your hallway.”

Wufan stopped and thought about it. There was a rather large empty corner in his apartment, and he did need a pet that wouldn’t need too much attention. But who would feed the fish while he was away?

Yixing read his facial expression, “There’s always the tanks with the automatic feeder.”

Wufan turned to grin at him, “Thanks Yixing.”

They made their way to the aquatic part of the store, ooh’ing and ah’ing at all the different colored fish.

They both were leaning closely to see the little green and yellow striped fish when a face popped up in the tank. Yixing squeaked as he jumped back, grabbing onto Wufan by instinct. Wufan had jumped back as well but he managed to not squeal.

The old man that was on the other side of the fish tank was now doubled over laughing. In between laughs he managed to say, “Gets em…. Hahahaha… every time.”

Wufan chuckled. Obviously this old man was a good guy.

Finally the man stood up, breathing deeply as he grinned at the pair.

“Hello, there. What brings you 2 good looking boys into my shop?”

Wufan stepped forward and just then realized that Yixing was still clinging onto him. They looked at each other and Yixing quickly pulled away, dropping his hands to his sides as he blushed.

Wufan looked at the old man, “I’m planning on buying a large fish tank and I’ll need a bunch of fish.”

The man nodded, and scratched his chin, “Well since I plan on closing the shop soon, I’ll sell you all my colorful little friends for a cheap price. Say 1000 won.”

Both Wufan’s and Yixing’s eyes widened as they stared at the smiling man.

He shrugged, “I’m getting too old to run this shop so I’m selling all my good friends for cheaper prices than usual.”

Wufan nodded and pulled out his wallet, giving the man a handful of bills. “Is there a way we can come back to get the fish? We won’t be able to take them now. Wufan looked sheepish as he remembered they weren’t done furniture shopping yet.

The man nodded, “Ah sure, sure! I can hold them until next Friday and even have them all put into transportable tanks for you!”

Wufan gave the man a few more bills, “That would be great. Thank you so much sir!”

The man just shoved the bills in his pocket, nodding. “You 2 look like you could take care of a couple of fish.”

Wufan chuckled, “Well sir, what you’ve just given me might count as a little more than a couple.”

He was right. It had to be at least 15 fish in the tank. The man chuckled as he shooed them out of the store. “Ah potato tomato! Just come back here around the same time next week and everything will be all set!”

Wufan and Yixing thanked the man and walked back out into the street.

Yixing led Wufan to another furniture store, this one much smaller than the first. Wufan saw a 2 piece deep red sofa set, and he walked over to it, Yixing trailing behind him curiously.

Wufan spoke over his shoulder but didn’t take his eyes off the furniture, “What did you say the color theme was again?”

Yixing smirked. Wufan knew damn well, he couldn’t identify colors.

Yixing cleared his throat, “That would look well in your TV room.”

Wufan stood still as he imagined it. Yes. It would look nice in the TV room. He slowly nodded his head. Yixing took that as a sign of confirmation and took off to the front counter.

Wufan watched him as he began talking to the cashier, pointing at the 2 piece set and talking with his hands. Wufan quickly walked over when he saw Yixing pull out his wallet.

He got there just as the man swiped Yixing’s card. He glowered at Yixing who beamed at him as he took his card back.

Wufan snatched the receipt before Yixing could grab it. He looked at it, checking the price so he’d know how much money he had to give Yixing.

He noticed a large 70% off discount towards the bottom of the page. He looked up and locked eyes with a smirking Yixing. Wufan narrowed his eyes before turning to the cashier and asking to have it sent to his address next Wednesday.

When they were done there, Wufan dragged Yixing to a food stall down the street and ordered 2 of everything, quickly giving his money to the old woman.

Yixing watched, his wide and mouth hanging open, as Wufan picked up a piece of meat on a stick and began eating. Wufan looked at him as he had the stick to his lips and raised an eyebrow. Yixing sighed as he picked up a different piece of meat on a stick.

They ate until they were full and Wufan thanked the woman and followed after Yixing, who continued to say “We still have so much to do!”

Wufan sighed. This was going to be a long day.   

 

A/N: This is kind of old. the only thing i really changed was the date. instead of them going shopping the day after they met, i took them on dates first ha.