Chapter 10

How They Met

Yixing ran back upstairs to his bedroom and pulled on a snug white t-shirt and a pair of slippers before running back downstairs and searching for his keys. He was about to flip his couch cushions when he realized that he could pick any lock in the world. With a snort he turned and quickly walked out of his apartment, heading for Wufan’s place.

Wufan dried his hair as he made his way to the front foor. He looked at the ruined couch as he passed it, scoffing. Now he had to clean up this mess by himself.

When Wufan opened the door, Yixing smiled nervously at him. They stood there, watching each other before Wufan spoke.

“…yes?”

Yixing looked down before looking back up, “I have to go out of town tomorrow.”

Wufan blinked. That meant Wufan would have to move all that furniture around by himself. That meant he would have to decorate his own apartment by himself. That meant Wufan was screwed.

They both stood quietly, watching each other. If Wufan wasn’t a grown man he would’ve whined and stomped his feet. But he was a grown man so he settled for pouting as manly as he could, “But Yixing, I don’t have an artistic bone in my body! What am I supposed to do? Just put all the stuff in the living room and leave it here for you?”

Yixing smiled when he heard Wufan drag out the last part of his name, “It’ll be ok. Just arrange everything like you remember me telling you…and you weren’t paying attention then were you?”

Wufan chuckled nervously, almost about to admit to daydreaming about Yixing’s neck.

Yixing huffed, “Fine. Just arrange everything how you think I’d like it and when I come back, if I don’t like it, we’ll just redo it.”

Wufan his teeth; he would have to decorate his apartment twice. That just sounded like too much work.

Yixing looked at Wufan, pouting slightly, “I really am sorry.”

Wufan sighed, how was he supposed to stay mad at that face.

“It’s fine, Yixing. Just as long as you come see my place when you get back.”

Yixing nodded as a huge smile spread across his face, “I promise, Wufan! And when I get here, I’ll rearrange everything perfectly!”

Wufan snorted, “You better. Now go pack for your trip, I have a house to finish painting.”

Yixing nodded before turning around and walking to the stairwell.

Wufan watched until the door shut before sighing. He couldn’t decorate his apartment by himself.

 

The next morning found Yixing standing at his front door with a suitcase and a medium sized duffel bag feeling like he was forgetting something.

A small voice in the back of his head told him that he was forgetting to say goodbye to Wufan but he shook his head, chuckling, “It’s not like we’re best friends.”

With that, Yixing quickly made sure he had everything before making his way out of his apartment, shutting and locking the door behind him.

 

Wufan woke up pretty early, considering he wasn’t a morning person. He grumbled to himself as he got ready before calling Chanyeol.

“Hello?”

“Hey Chanyeol, I know you’re not doing anything so I need you to come help me move into my new place.”

It was silent for a few seconds before, “Got any food?”

Kris chuckled, “Yeah, I have some leftover pizza from yesterday.”

“Cool, text me your address and give me an hour.” Chanyeol ended the call before Kris could say bye.

Kris rolled his eyes as he called Luhan next.

It took 3 tries before Luhan finally answered, “What?”

“Come help me move into my new apartment.”

Luhan groaned, “I don’t wanna.”

Kris rolled his eyes again, “I don’t care. Get up and get dressed. I’ll text you the address.”

He hung up before Luhan could protest.

An hour later, there was a knock on his door.

Kris laughed when he saw Luhan glaring at him over Chanyeol’s shoulder.

Chanyeol walked right into the apartment, looking around at the painted walls, “Nice place. You paint it yourself?”

Kris playfully pet Luhan’s hair, “Yeah and I’m still not done. The movers get here at 3 but I think we can finish painting by then.”

Luhan shoved Kris away, “It’s 10 in the morning, what do you mean we can finish painting by 3?! We better be done way before then!”

Kris shrugged and made his way to the room Yixing had deemed ‘the lounge,’ Chanyeol and Luhan trailing behind him.

As they painted, the 3 men talked about random topics. They managed to finish painting the remaining 6 rooms around 2.

Chanyeol sprawled out on the floor in the living room while Kris went to the kitchen to reheat yesterday’s pizza and Luhan finished storing the leftover paint in the laundry room.

Chanyeol was the first to grab a slice of pizza and take a huge bite, “So who helped you pick these colors? I know you didn’t do it yourself.”

Kris shrugged, “A friend.”

Luhan snorted as he took a sip from his water bottle, “You don’t have friends.”

“I have more friends than you.”

Chanyeol huffed, “How old are you guys again?”

Luhan playfully pouted, trying to make himself look as innocent as possible as he blinked at Chanyeol.

“Five,” He said, trying to imitate a little kid.

Kris burst into laughter and pushed Luhan until he fell over. The 3 men laughed and cracked more jokes as they finished their lunch.

When the movers had finally arrived, Kris sent Luhan and Chanyeol back to the pet store to pick up all the fish. He supervised the movers as they brought in the tons of furniture he bought.

The first thing Kris fixed was the huge fish tank. He made sure the tank was clean and the water wasn’t contaminated before moving on to the dining room.

It didn’t take long for Luhan and Chanyeol to get back with the all the fish. Kris ignored their glares as he grabbed a box and made his way to the fish tank.

When all the fish had been transferred from their little transport bags to their new home, the 3 men began arranging things in the apartment. When they finished, 2 hours later- thanks to Luhan’s nagging about feng shui- they had managed to finish the TV room, the lounge, the library, and the office.  

Kris called it a day and kicked his 2 friends out of his apartment, looking forward to an hour-long shower. He sent a quick text to both Luhan and Chanyeol while he waited for the shower water to heat up, thanking his friends and asking them to come back and finish the rest of the apartment the next day.

He laughed at Luhan’s reply.

You stupid bastard! I don't even know why I showed up today, you rotten douchebag! If I come back tomorrow, I expect better food!

Chanyeol’s text came seconds after Luhan’s.

That’s fine. Just don’t feed me anymore pizza.

Kris decided to not respond to either text and quickly stripped down before stepping in the shower. 

A/N: i did it!! i actually updated when i said i would! 

/dances out of the room to 'wolf

much love muchachos <3