Chapter 4

How They Met

The next day, Wufan woke up at 8AM and took longer than usual getting dressed. The previous night, Yixing had offered to take him sight-seeing around the city and Wufan would never admit this to anyone but the shower walls, he was nervous. It’s been so long since he got to be himself, always having to be Kris in front of other spies and clients. Did he even know who Wufan was?

 
Wufan finally forced himself to calm down after changing his outfit several times. He sat down on the couch, his leg bouncing nervously as he waited for Yixing. At exactly 9:15, there was a soft knock on the door and before the person could finish knocking, the door was being flung open. 
 
Yixing smiled, “You look nice.”
Wufan nodded stiffly, “You do too.”
Yixing grinned playfully as he looked down at his simple outfit of faded skinny jeans and light blue t-shirt with a band’s logo printed across the front. He twirled around, “You like?”
Wufan chuckled and nodded again, “Come on in. I just need to grab my wallet and I’ll be ready.”
Yixing nodded as he followed Wufan into the apartment, walking to the loveseat and plopping down as Wufan walked to his room. 
5 minutes passed before Wufan finally walked back out to the living room, grinning sheepishly, “Sorry about that, I’d misplaced my wallet.”
Yixing stood up, his eyebrows furrowing with concern, “You need help looking for it?”
Wufan shook his head and held up a black leather wallet, “No, I found it but it took longer than I expected. We can go now.”
Yixing nodded as he followed the tall blonde out of the apartment and to the elevator. 
 
Out of the building, Yixing led his friend to the right of the large apartment complex. They walked for 5 minutes before they arrived at a bus stop. 
Wufan an eyebrow at Yixing as the shorter male takes a seat on the bench under the small structure, “Why the bus?”
He walked forward and sat down next to Yixing. 
Yixing shrugged, “Much easier for tour-guiding.”
Wufan nodded in understanding and the 2 sat in a comfortable silence as they waited for the bus. 
When a bus finally pulled up to the stop, Yixing grabbed Wufan’s arm, “Not this one.”
Wufan nodded again as he sat back down and watched everyone get on and off the bus. When the bus pulled away, Wufan looked around and noticed that most of the people that had been waiting had gotten on that bus. Now Wufan and Yixing, along with a teenage girl, were the only ones left. 
Another bus pulled up after 10 minutes and Yixing stood up. Wufan also stood and they made their way to the bus. 
Wufan watched as Yixing offered his hand to all the older men and women coming down the steep steps of the bus. When everyone was off the bus, Yixing climbed on and flashed a laminated pass at the driver, “Hello Yoon!”
The driver grinned, “Ah, Yixing! How have you been my boy?”
Wufan fumbled with his wallet as he searched for exactly $1.75. When he’d managed to find the last nickel, he sighed in relief as he slipped each coin into the slot. 
Yixing sat in the seat directly behind the bus driver and leaned over the rail, talking animatedly with the older man. Wufan sat down next to him, hesitantly. 
The 2 men talked as the bus pulled away from the curb and down the road. 
Wufan stared out of the windows as Yixing continued talking with the bus driver. He didn’t bother to ask where they were going. Not yet, atleast. 
Yixing finally ended his conversation with the bus driver and leant back to talk to Wufan, “We’re going to a museum first.”
Wufan nodded. 
 
Thank God, the bus stopped here, Wufan thought to himself. He couldn’t even see where the parking lot was. 
Yixing led the tall male right to the gigantic ball right in the middle of the big structure. They walked through the doors and Wufan sighed as he was hit with a gust of cold air. Yixing ignored it and kept walking. Wufan hurried after him, not wanting to get lost in the large crowd. 
Yixing walked to the line of people waiting to get tickets and turned around to make sure Wufan was still with him. Wufan was still stuck in the large group of school children, towering over both the students and the chaperones. Yixing snorted when he realized Wufan never took his eyes off him. 
Wufan finally got through the kids and hurried over to Yixing, not wanting to get lost. Yixing smiled at him as Wufan joined the line and they stood in silence as they waited for the line to move. 
Was Wufan thinking about wrapping his arms around Yixing’s neck and holding the small male to his chest? Yes. Was Wufan going to do it? No. 
Yixing shuffled backwards to avoid an elderly woman stepping on his toes. He jumped when he bumped into Wufan’s chest, quickly turning around to apologize. 
Wufan raised an eyebrow, smirking when Yixing’s cheeks reddened. Yixing swatted at him and turned back around, still in Wufan’s personal space but not close enough to touch. 
When the 2 finally approached the desk, Yixing smiled at the woman on the other side, “Hello, 2 adult tickets please.”
The woman smiled and nodded before turning to type on the computer to the right of her. 
“Yes sir that’ll be 120 Yuan.”
Yixing reached for his wallet and his eyes widened when a large arm reached over his shoulder and handed the money to the woman. 
The woman smiled, “Your boyfriend is adorable. Does he speak Chinese?”
Wufan snorted, “Yes, ma’am. I’m Chinese.”
The woman beamed as she slid the tickets across the desk. 
Yixing elbowed Wufan in the stomach as the woman slid their tickets through the window.
Wufan grinned as he wrapped an arm around Yixing’s shoulders, “Come on, babe. Don’t be like this.”
Yixing playfully slapped Wufan in the chest a few times as they walked away from the desk. Wufan backed away from him, laughing.
Yixing handed him his ticket, “Doesn’t it bother you that we only just met yesterday and people keep mistaking us as a couple?”
Wufan shrugged as he took it and shoved it into his back pocket, “Not really. You’re hot. I’m hot. It makes sense.”
Yixing smacked at him again, blushing. 
 
The pair walked to the right of the ticket desk, heading for a long set of stairs. 
As they were walking, Wufan noticed an eerily- familiar tall head of blond hair walking with a small brown-haired man. The 2 heads were walking in the opposite direction of Wufan and Yixing, heading to the west wing as Wufan and Yixing walked to the east wing. 
Wufan narrowed his eyes. Was that…? No because then it would mean Wufan was crazy.
Yixing looked up at him, “What? What do you see?”
Wufan shook his head even though he was still squinting at the couple.  He blinked a few times as he turned back around to face Yixing. 
Wufan stayed close to Yixing, “So where are we going?”
Yixing didn’t bother looking at him, “The Space Navigation exhibit is on the 4th floor.”
Wufan nodded as they walked up the long flight of stairs to the second floor. When they reached the top of the stairs, Yixing turned right and walked through a large doorway. 
Wufan followed the small man into a large dark room with a huge screen hanging on the wall to their left. Along the wall was a large bench and Wufan realized it was a waiting room for one of the IMAX theaters. 
A set of double doors were on the wall opposite the large screen and there was a large box with a glowing red X set over the doors. 
Yixing continued his way through the large waiting room to the other side where another door stood open. 
Wufan blinked as he walked out of the large dim room, trying to get used to the insanely bright sun filtering in through the large windows that made up the ceiling. 
Yixing continued walking, not even squinting as the light hit his face and Wufan kind of wanted to shove him. 
They made their way through an oddly placed ancient history exhibit, Wufan eyeing all the historic weapons as he tried to figure out why the display would be in a science and technology museum. 
After what felt like hours but was really 30 minutes, they arrived at the exhibit. 
Wufan looked around with wide eyes, trying and failing to take in everything around him. 
Along the wall were 6 large replicas of spaceships, each replica secured on a large white platform and there were holes in the ceiling so the tops of each ship could fully stand without damaging the ceiling. 
Opposite the spaceships, there was a roped off area that housed a huge structure that Wufan didn’t recognize. There were stairs to the right of that area that led to another floor right about the structure. The walkway overlooked the spaceships and there were doors to other display rooms. 
Yixing gave Wufan a tour of everything in the large exhibit, pointing out all the interesting things and answering all of Wufan’s questions with patience. 
 
The 2 men spent 2 hours at the museum, Yixing acting as a tour guide and telling Wufan everything he knew about each exhibit they visited. 
They decided to visit one last exhibit, the World of Robots exhibit. 
Yixing had sat down to play chess with one of the robots when Wufan told him he was going to the bathroom. Yixing nodded as he continued pressing buttons to set up the game. 
5 minutes later, Wufan returned to the spot to see the robot playing with a group of small children. He frowned as he walked away, in search of his friend. 
Wufan was about to pull out his phone when he realized he’d never gotten Yixing’s number. He huffed, refraining from face-palming himself. 
 
After having beaten the robot with 3 moves, Yixing had wandered off. He saw a huge glowing ball of electricity and he couldn’t take his eyes off the large strobe. 
He walked to it, almost in a trance, and placed his hands on the glass surface, eyes lighting up as electricity flew to his fingertips and created a pretty magenta pattern in the globe. 
Yixing continued to run his hands all over the ball, enjoying the different colored patterns he could make by touching different spots. He never noticed another brown-haired man walking up to stand next to him.
It was silent as both men focused all their attention on the large ball, not even noticing one another as they stood almost side by side. 
Wufan finally spotted Yixing, standing next to the mirror-image of himself. Wufan hurried over and slung an arm around Yixing, pulling him away from the globe and the weird look-a-like stranger. 
"We don't have each other's numbers and you run off to play with a glowing ball."
Yixing flushed in embarrassment, "Sorry. I just had to touch it." 
Wufan laughed as they headed back down to the first floor, ready to leave and head back to their apartments. 
 
Back at the glowing ball, a tall blond male wrapped an arm around the short brown-haired male's neck, pulling him away from the ball of electricity, "Xing, why would you run off like that? You had me worried!"
17 year old Yixing pouted up at his best friend, "Faaaaan, I wasn't done playing with it."
18 year old Wufan laughed before turning serious, "Hey did you see those guys that looked like us?"
Yixing nodded, "Maybe they're us from the future! See, I told you we'll be together forever!" 
He smiled cheekily up at his tall friend. 
Wufan grinned down at him, "Of course we are! Who else is gonna make sure you stay adorable forever?" 
Yixing groaned, slapping away the big hand pinching his cheek, "Stop that!"
The 2 teenagers continued walking away from the large ball, heading for the chess-playing robot. 
 
 
A/N shameless plugging is shamless. sorry guys there is no time travel in this story, i was just being a cheeky author whoops. the museum i used is the shanghai science and technology museum. 
 
sorry about being such a ty author. love you guys. 
 
 
much love muchachos