Chapter 3

How They Met

In the kitchen, Yixing was a fast-moving blur. He would be at the counter chopping vegetables and meat one second and the next second he would be at the stove, stirring things and adding ingredients.

While he worked, Yixing thought about the day. The 15th floor apartment had been vacant since before he moved in downstairs. He hoped Wufan would like it enough to not want to move again. Yixing was excited to have met someone his age since the people that owned the apartment next to him were an elderly couple.

He sighed as he turned the heat down on the stove. Then he looked around the big kitchen. Wufan’s place was set up quite nicely.

The front door opened to a large living room which held a doorway that held an archway that led to the dining room. The kitchen was to the right of the front door and huge. Next to the big kitchen was a lounge area with a closet. Next to the lounge was Wufan’ spacious bedroom.

There was a closet in the hallway right before it turned left to lead to a guest bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, office, library, and TV room.

Yixing was definitely going to have fun decorating Wufan’ place. After he persuaded him to let him. He pushed all the thoughts out of his head as he turned everything off. He managed to locate the plates, a horribly small set of 2 plates, 2 bowls, and a few pieces of cutlery- yes Yixing was definitely decorating the entire place.

He set all the food out on the large counter and called Wufan to come eat.

Wufan walked into the kitchen and his jaw dropped at all the little dishes that seemed to take up his entire counter. Yixing must have run back to his apartment to get serving bowls because Wufan knew he only had a handful of dishes.

Laid out on the counter was a dishes of vegetables, noodles, meats, fish; the list went on Wufan couldn’t even name half of the dishes that Yixing had prepared. It smelled like the Sunday meals his mom would make when he was younger and lived in Canada.

Without even thinking, Wufan walked over to Yixing and pulled him into a tight hug. Wufan’s eyes started watering but he forcibly blinked them away. He refused to cry in front of Yixing.

Surprisingly, Yixing hugged him just as tight. They stood in the middle of Wufan’s kitchen hugging each other tightly, one trying to prevent his tears from falling and the other grinning like an escaped loon.

Reluctantly, Wufan pulled away. He cleared his throat as he looked over the food, “This- this looks good.”

Yixing beamed, “Thank you! I love cooking, it’s peaceful. And you looked like you haven’t had a home cooked meal in a while.”

Yixing could have sworn he saw Wufan’s eyes water but he shook that thought away. Why would Wufan cry over food?

They each grabbed a bunch of dishes and carried the food into the dining room. Once everything had been transferred to the dining room table, Wufan and Yixing sat down and helped themselves.

“So what do you do for a living?” Yixing asked as he cut a large piece of chicken up.

Wufan finished chewing a mouthful of noodles and swallowed, “I’m an assassin.” He kept his best pokerface on.

Yixing almost died. He punched himself in the chest to get the piece of food lodged in his windpipe out. Wufan quickly got behind him and began the Heimlich maneuver. The piece of broccoli, flew out onto Yixing’s napkin and Yixing blushed as he thanked Wufan.

They continued eating.

After taking a sip of water, Yixing broke the silence again, “Were you serious?”

Wufan finally cracked a smile. He chuckled, “No. I’m just a body-guard for hire.”

Yixing nodded and continued eating.

“So what do you do?”

“My parents actually make enough money to support themselves and me. But I’m a photographer.”

Wufan was fascinated. Yixing looked like the type of person that would like art. No wonder his place looked so nice.

Their conversation continued to flow and soon they got on the topic of Wufan’s decorating skills. It didn’t take long before Wufan asked Yixing if he’d help him find the right furniture.

Yixing smiled at him but on the inside, Yixing was cheering and dancing and clapping his hands. He was going to do way more than pick out furniture for Wufan’s apartment. He was going to make it impossible for Wufan to want to move.

 

A/N: UGH! THIS WAS WAY LONGER IN WORD I SWEAR! /flips a table.. anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter. Next chapter, they go shopping! 

I don't know what's wrong with me 

................... (click it)

much love muchachos <3