Chapter 8

Blood List

CHAPTER 8

 

 

Jessica and Donghae sits down the cafe observing how they're target moves. Both watched Jaejoong closely, but there was nothing evident and important in him. Donghae furrowed his eyebrows together and looked at Jessica.

 

"Do you normally act like this on broad day light?" He asked.

 

"Well not to be exact, but the scene of having too many people around might cause quite a triggering stimuli for him to be acting like that. He's perfectly normal despite the fact that he is actually a vampire on lose..." Jessica explained.

 

Donghae sighed and kept quiet. Jaejoong was suddenly walking towards their table holding a tray in his hand with Jessica's order in it. He placed it on the table one by one, slowly by slowly. As he drops the second cup he gently stares at Jessica. Jessica notices him and wonders.

 

"Is there something wrong?" She asked Jaejoong and flashes a confused expression.

 

Donghae watches over closely as Jessica tries to interrogate. Jaejoong turns his head and looks at Donghae and just kept everything to himself. He stood straight as he was about to leave the table and left Jessica a bow. Donghae on the other hand was confused.

 

"Okay, what just happened?" He asks. "Didn't he just heard what you said?"

 

"He definitely had an opinion inside... he just kept it. I think he's on to something neither the both of us know." 

 

"What could that be?" Donghae asked Jessica.

 

Jessica leans back to her chair as she takes a sip out of her cup and smiles.

 

"I don't know..."

 

 

**********

 

 

Minho was left in his office with some paper works. He was checking each and every one of the papers he had to and skeemed through all of it. After some time of reading and scanning he felt tired and exhausted so he stretched his arma up and leaned slyly on his desk chair. 

 

"Hyung, became so attached with the vampire thing he even started to date one..." Minho sighed. "What could possibly be running is head now? I just can't let this through..." He said and tried to reach out for his tumblr.

 

The moment he was able to hold a grip on his tumbler, he felt like it was empty and was out of coffee already. He looked inside it and felt dismayed.

 

"Damn, guess i nedd to start looking for a penny..." He sighed again.

 

Minho walks outside of the building he works in and crosses the street. He visits his favorite stop shop where a vending machine was located.

 

"Minho-oppa, annyeong!" A young girl's voice greeted.

 

Minho turns around and flashes a big smile as he walked towards her.

 

"Sulli-ssi annyeong, How have you been?" He asked as he touches her in the shoulder.

 

Sulli flashed a smile on him.

 

"Well running umma's shop is quite a hard job, but she gave this to me as a responsibility so I can't sa no." Sulli answered.

 

"Well your parents are business people, they're always busy... they won't make anything good if they weren't right?" Minho said.

 

"Yeah, you're right oppa... So what do you want to get?"

 

"I was here for a can of coffee, Sulli..." Minho replied.

 

"As usual... HAHA the machine is right there you can see it immediately the moment you turn right..."

 

"Thank you Sulli..." Minho said and walked away but then he stopped and turned around. "Send your Boyfriend, Taemin my Regards..."

 

Like what Sulli just said Minho saw the Vending Machine the moment he turned right. He was already walking towards it when A girl came out infront of it and dropped a coin. Minho walks towards her politely.

 

"After you get your drink would you like to drink with me on the tables?" He asked the girl.

 

The girl heard him and turned around. Minho flashed the biggest smile he could flash the moment she saw her face.

 

"KRYSTAL?!" he exclaimed.

 

"Minho-oppa?" Krystal replied.

 

 

**********

 

 

Donghae and Jessica we're silentl sitting on the Cafe table. Not saying any words to each other. Keeping the distance and avoiding eye contact. It was awkward, yes, but it was there and no one was able to break the dead silence between them. 

Jessica rolled her eyes and looked at Donghae, unfortunately for Donghae, who was trying to look at Jessica got caught red handed.

 

"So you have been catching a glimpse of me all this time..." Jessica teased.

 

"Shut up, I just tried to examine you."

 

"HAHA, okay so you have been examining me by catching a glimpse of me."

 

"No..."

 

"Yes you are, I just caught you..."

 

"Ms. Jung I told you already."

 

"You know if you like me you can just tell me..."

 

"Ms. Jung..."

 

"Stop calling me that, call me SICA NOONA, SIIIICAAA~ NOOOO~ NAAA~" Jessica said and elaborated the sound.

 

Donghae got annoyed so he tried to reach for Jessicas mouth and covered it. Jessica tried to push him away and avoided it. The 2 fought each other on both sides of the table until one of the cups fell down the floor and broke. everyone heard the crashing sound of glass. They all kept quiet and turned their gazes to Jessica and Donghae.

Donghae and Jessica held an awkward position where, Donghae was trying to reach Jessica's mouth while Jessica holds his hands and moves her head away. They we're in a pause and was looking back at everyone. Donghae and Jessica started to exchange looks and goes back to sitting.

 

"We'll pay for that..." Donghae said and stands up.

 

He walks around the table and grabs Jessica off her chair. he walks to the counter and sees Sooyoung looking at him. He reaches out for his wallet and puts down all of the bills he had inside it.

 

"Keep the change..." He said held Jessica and left with a bow.

 

Jaejoong looked at the both of them as they walk away and without anyword he looked away.

 

 

*********

 

 

Donghae drove his car quitely as Jessica did the same as she sits on the passenger seat. they were both back on the awkward state.

 

Jessica being a socially active person sighed and was not able to take it.

 

"You know you didn't have to be that harsh..."

 

"You're the one who started to tease me." Donghae said with his straight face on.

 

"Well what should I do? Just stare at you knowing that i caught you staring at me? I had to compliment you for that..."

 

"Compliment me? You teased me after you did..."

 

"If I know, i think you liked it..." Jessica giggled.

 

"Stop it..."

 

"You know what fine... You think you're so cool and bad just like that FINE! just stop me at a hotel."

 

Donghae kept quiet and droved around the city. After some time they reached the nearest hotel possible where Jessica came out of the car and walked straight towards the revolving door. Donghae just stared at her as she go.

 

"Tss... what a pain." He said and grabbed his car door to close it.

 

As he slammed the door shut he noticed that Jessica left her phone inside his car.

 

"How immature can she get? Yeah, she's a 120 something years old, but why is she acting like this? uuuurrrrggghhhh, how did I even get tangled with her." Donghae said in a not so good manner and took off his seatbelt.

 

He grabbed the phone and went out of his car. He immediately run towards the hotel entrance, went through the revolving door and towards the counter.

 

"Miss, can you please tell me where Ms. Jung's room is?" He asked one of the tellers.

 

"Sorry sir but that's confidential..." the teller replied.

 

Donghae trying to think ran out of better grided ideas so...

 

"Uhm, I'm actually his boyfriend and I wanted to make a surprise for her. It's actually our 3rd anniversary and it's really importatnt. I know a girl like you would understand right? I really need this..." Donghae pleaded.

 

The teller did not know how to answer Donghae's plead. Then one of her co-workers went up to her and poked her. She then whispers to her ear and acted like she she was askng her friend to gibve the room no. The girl smiled.

 

"Sir, your love for your girlfriend is indeed great. She's on room 216 sir..."

 

"Thank you..." Donghae said and left running.

 

 

**********

 

 

Jessica placed her bag down the bed and sat. Suddenly she smiled and giggled all by herself.

 

*KNOCK *KNOCK

 

She heard the door and imeediately walked towards it. She stopped infront and sighed.

 

 

 

**********

 

Donghae quietly knocks at Jessica's room's door and waited for her to open. He looked around the isle and saw some people coming out from the rooms. He awkwardly looked at them and bowed. As he got up Jessica was already in front of him, smiling. Jessica then suddenly grabs him in his collar, pulls him into the room, closes the door, slams him to the wall and kisses him.

 

Donghae shocked and amazed with Jessica's hyperness tried to push her away.

 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Donghae asked.

 

Jessica said no word but replied with a smile. She touches down Donghae's Lips and moves her head closer to his.

 

"SSSSHHHHH..." Jessica said and slowly grabbed Donghae's gun where he placed it.

 

Jessica stared closely at Donghae. Donghae was so in to Jessica that time that he did not notice Jessica pulling out his weapon. Jessica kisses him back on the lips, but then suddenly stops and throws away the gun he pulled out from Donghae's pants.

 

*TOCK

 

Donghae hearing the weird sound turned his head around and found Jaejoong in the room. His eyes were as red as those of Jessica's when they frist meet. Donghae immediately reacts upon the scene and runs towards him, but Jaejoong took off the moment he noticed. Jaejoong jumped off the rooms window and out to the neighboring houses. Donghae tried to follow him but it was too late. he then turned his gaze back upon Jessica, who was now sitting down the bed.

 

"What the hell did you just do?"

 

"I threw your gun at him..." Jessica sarcastically replied.

 

"EXACTLY!!!" Donghae said and picked up his gun. "Do you even know how this peice of steel works?" he said and raised it. "Do you want me to show you?"

 

"Urgh, calm down and stop being so dramatic, if i actually pulled the trigger a loud *BANG* might be heard and everyone might panic. That's not a good thing. bsides I don't want to scare him..."

 

Donghae clutched his gun and furrowed his eye brows. He pasted a very confused expression in his face and turned around.

 

"You knew he was coming?"

 

Jessica nodded. "The moment we came out of the Coffee shop, I started to watch out for his scent. At first I thought he didn't followed but later I noticed. That's why I asked you to drop me in the nearest hotel..."

 

"Tell me, did you left your phone purposely on the car too?"

 

"Yup, I just tried to gave you a reason to follow me to the room..."

 

"The kiss you did, was that planned too?"

 

"Now that I thought of the moment I opened the door." Jessica said.

 

"WHY YOU  --- "

 

"But hey, that made Jaejoong come out... For some reasons it made him come out. The moment I went inside the room I knew he was hiding somewhere because his scent was just near by but i did not know where to be exact. So I used you to make him come out."

 

"How did you know?"

 

"He was obviously Jealous. Not that I'm being proud or something, but I know how vampires act when they're trying to impress the one they want to mate on." Jessica said.

 

"And Jaejoong wanted you to be his mate?"

 

"Well, you see the moment a vampire changes eye color is the moment our feeling shift. Mad vampires' eyes turn red, those who feel pity or sad turns light brown and those who spots their mate or feels love turns blue... Jaejoong's eyes shifted and turned to a shade of blue the moment I asked him his name a while ago..."

 

Donghae stood up straight and looked at Jessica...

 

"Damn it, I still have a lot to learn from you." He said.

 

Jessica smiled.

 

"You actually do..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

T.B.C