Chapter 10

Blood List

CHAPTER 10

 

 

Jessica turns around to see Taecyeon fiercely yet quietly looking at Donghae who was down in the bed panting and catching his breath. Both exchanged stares and glares with each other that seemed quite scary and angst.

 

"Taec?" Jessica slowly asked. "You didn't did you?"

 

Taecyeon changes his gaze from Donghae who was lying in bed to Jessica who was confusingly looking at him and was peircing him with her eyes.

 

"All I did was wait for you and this guy to finish your business. Nothing else..." Taecyeon slyly said. "Besides, what is this investigation of yours for, isn't because you're hunting other possible vampires in this place?" He said towards Hae who was now getting off the bed.

 

"Don't start that up..." Donghae said.

 

Jessica turns around and looks at Donghae.

 

"You're too shallow to even think that I killed that man despite the obvious fact that i'm not the only one capable of doing so. Things could get really tricky for a mortal like you Mr. Lee. Events might turn ... and the next you know is that you're just one man away from the reall killer yourself, if you're not that smart enough you might end up dead like him..." 

 

Taecyeon blurts out and says a fair warning to Donghae that sounded like he was telling him to back off, but Donghae was a persistent and hard headed man. He may look like he was going to stop outside, but he'll clearly continue to investigate inside. 

 

Donghae said and walks forward to where taecyeon was standing, "What the hell are you talking about?" He said but Jessica butts in goes in between them.

 

Jessica lets out a loud sigh as a sign of her realief towards Taecyeon,but She seemed quite disappointed at Donghae so she immediately takes the floor.

 

"You've got your answer, now leave. Pls. I don't want to see you making trouble and attacking my friend again."

 

Donghae gives Taecyeon one peircing look and then looks at Jessica.

 

"This isn't over..."

 

"Just walk out the door pls..." Jessica said and pleaded.

 

Donghae silently walks out of the room and closes the door. The moment he reached outside he sighed and closed his eyes. He bit his lips and looked back.

 

"How stupid could I get ? Damn it !" Donghae said and walks off.

 

 

**********

 

 

"Did you do it?"

 

"Do what?"

 

"Did you kill again?"

 

"Are you balming me?"

 

"Obviously I am..."

 

"Seriously? I haven't done anything yet..."

 

"Lier."

 

"Okay, Okay fine... You got me, I tried to but I failed..."

 

"WHY?! You promised me you wouldn't kill !"

 

"Yah, I was not the one who killed him another one did..."

 

"DAMN THAT ! then who did?"

 

"I don't know who he was, but he surely got to him before me..."

 

"You promised me you won't hurt anyone..."

 

"Yah, I love Jessica and there's nothing you can do about it... so just let me be. That man was still going to die anyway."

 

"You heartless monster..."

 

"Hey, hey... you are monster too. You're a vampire, I'm a vampire... we're bothe blood monsters..."

 

*SLAP*

 

"Listen here, I will let this one pass and just forget about it, but the moment you get out of hand again and break your promise heed this... I will and yes I really will take that head of yours off and kill you myself."

 

 

 

**********

 

 

Minho stands outside the office building waiting for Donghae to actually get back. He waited for hours until finally he spots his hyung's car coming his way. He immediately crosses his arms and looks at Donghae directly as he moves out of the car. Donghae obviously notices him so he acknowledges it.

 

"Stop giving me that look..." He timidly said and walks hastely towards the building.

 

Minho quickly catches up with his hyung and follows. "Hyung, why do you always love to leave me behind. I thought we we're partners?."

 

Donghae stops walking and turns around.

 

"Minho how many times do I have to tell you, I ca--" Donghae was cut off when Minho inserted.

 

"Do this on my own... Hyung okay, I get it, but you don't have to alwas leave me blank? at least tell me what is going on. I can't stand out there just like that and watch you go here and forth without telling me..." Minho sighed.

 

Donghae looks away and tries not to make eye contact with Minho.

 

"Hyung, If you don't want me to go with you then you could at least tell me..."

 

"Minho... I'm sorry... I -- I just can't let anything happen to you when I charge off.  My head's not really clear now a days, I'm sorry..."

 

"Hyung I'll try to understand, but I do hope you'll never do this to me next time..."

 

"Fine..." Donghae said and smiled. "Come on... we still have work to do."

 

Minho smiled back in reply and walks off with Donghae.

 

 

**********

 

 

After hours and hours of Investigating Minho and Donghae slowly feels tired and exhausted. they set the papers on bothe of their desks aside for a while and lied their backs down. Minho looking at his phone thought of something to actually boost him up a little nit and energize him.

 

"Hyung, where did you place the paper with Krystal's number in it?"

 

Donghae quietly looked and searched on top of his desk and finds the sheet where he wrote the number down. "This?" He said and raised it.

 

"Hyung give me the number..." Minho said and pressed his phone.

 

"You calling her now?" Donghae said and raised a brow.

 

"Yeah, just going to ask her a few things..."

 

"Like what?"

 

"Like, if how's she doing at the moment or has she eaten her dinner for the night yet or-- "

 

"Okay okay..." Donghae blurted out to cut Minho's cheeziness. "Here's her number: 635-7344..."

 

Minho immediately dials it up in his phone puts it right next to his ear and waits for someone to answer. After a second somebody picks it and answers.

 

"Yeobeoseyeo..." Says a calm voice thru phone.

 

"Oh, Krystal yah... this is--" Minho was cut.

 

"Minho Oppa?"

 

"Oh, how'd you know it was me?" Minho said as he was obviously flashing an unintentional smile on his face.

 

"You're voice has always sounded different when we talk to each other..."

 

"Really? Oh stop it you... "

 

"Oppa, I know you like it, you're obviously making a sound that gives me the feels that you're actually smiling across the phone. You think I wouldn't the abvious sound produced by stretched lips" Krystal said and exactly pointed out.

 

"Ahahahahah, man you're so good with calls... oh, Donghae Hyung is here do you want to say hi to him?" Minho asked.

 

"Sure..."

 

Minho looks at his Hyung and calls him out. 

 

"Hyung Krystal wants to say Hi, say Hi Krystal..."

 

"Oppa Annyeong ~" Krystal said in such a sweet and cute manner.

 

Donghae smiled and replied.

 

"Krystal ah, did you just do your Aegyo for oppa?" Donghae asked from across the room and teasingly looked at Minho.

 

Krystal obviously laughed through the phone and giggled all the way. Minho on the other hand was starting to feel jelly between the 2.

 

"Yah, yah you're so unfair Krystal, I called you but you only did your Aegyo to hyung. Are you making me feel bad? I want to hear it too.."

 

"Aaaahhh, oppa I'm embarrassed..."

 

"Yah,you did it for hyung do for me too..."

 

"MINHO OOOOO~PAAAA~..." Krystal said and unexpectedly did her aegyo.

 

Minho blushed and kept silent, he placed his phone away for some time and tried to breathe in, then he picks it up again after bringing back his well being and continued to talk to her. Donghae quietly sits across the room as he watches Minho smiling while he is calling Krystal. As he did, he can't keep his mind off the fact that he did something wrong to Jessica who was ctually starting to become of big help to him. He took out the phone where Jessica's number and again as usual placed in on his desk and stares at it.

 

Everytime he plans to call her, his nervousness and feelings get to him first and ends up dropping the phone again and again. For some unexplainable reasons Donghae always gets soft whenever Jessica is involved. Minho spins ina his desk chair around and around and notices Donghae's Silence. He asked permission from Krystal and puts the call off for a while. he then attends to his hyung who was in a state of Dilemma.

 

"Hyung are you okay? You've been silent for quite a long time now." Minho asked.

 

"Yeah, I'm just having some problems..."

 

Minho furrowed his eyebrows and sees the phone Donghae has been holding. He gazes back at his hyung's face and smiled.

 

"You're trying to call Jessica, are you?"

 

Donghae was surprised and shocked with what Minho said and tried to explain things to him.

 

"It's seriously not what you think it is..."

 

"But you're planning to call her, are you?" Minho teasingly said to his hyung.

 

"Well yeah, okay, but not for fun not like what you are doing..." Donghae explains and shooks his head.

 

"You know what fine, if you don't want to admit to me that you like her it's okay... I can totally understand, it all starts with a no..."

 

"But I told it's not what you think it is..." Dongha said in reply.

 

Minho sighed and looks at him directly.

 

"Then what lie are you going to tell me again hyung? Just this morning you left me all alone in the room then you come back with a somewhat blissed attitude. Minutes later you left again, but this time you came back with a gloomy facial expression. I know you have been visiting her, but I still lack info... so what do you expect from me? Know the truth?"

 

"Lie?" Donghae asked. "Seriously, look a while ago, I left right? okay, I went out and met with her I admit that, but that's because I wanted her to collaborate with me in the cases. I know she's of big help. She said yes, so i came back somewhat happy or blissed as what you described." Donghae explained.

 

"Then?" Minho asked.

 

"Then when I found out about the recent case we had, I immediately ran towards her did reckless things and came up realizing that I'm messing with the wrong people."

 

"Is that why, you want to call her now, but just can't?"

 

"Exactly..." Donghae sighed. "After what i did, I don't have the face to show them anymore..."

 

Minho smiled and teasingly looked at Donghae.

 

"I don't know what just happened between the both of you, but it seems like that Jessica girl has softened you a little."

 

"What, NO!" Donghae exclaimed. "She totally did nothing..."

 

"Uh hm... then why are you blushing?"

 

Donghae looked away and touched his face.

 

"Hyung if you really want to do something about that problem of yours that's easy, be a man and just face it. Jessica might go off somewhere and everything might become too late for you..."

 

Donghae lowers his shoulders down and sighed.

 

"I just don't know what to do." Donghae slyly said. "After what I did, I just don't..."

 

"Just call her and meet up with her dummy, that's all I can say at the moment." Minho sghed. "Oh, I have to go back to Krystal, I held the call for quite a long time... Just do it hyung and everything will be alright." Minho said and smiles, he presses his phone again and... "Krystal annyeong..."

 

Donghae hopelessly looks at Minho who has called Krystal once again, he then realized that Minho did had some point in what he just told him with their little talk and smiled. So he took his jacket off and went out. He strolls down the lighted streets of Incheon and slowly starts to raise his head up and star gaze. Donghae reaches the nearest park in their office building and sits quietly on one of it's benches. He looks down on the phone and stares at Jessica's number. He sighed deeply looked up and then pressed it. He waited and waited, but no one picked it up.

 

"Maybe she doesn't want to be called."

 

He tried to call her up again after a minute but still, no was picking up.

 

"Jessica why won't you pick up?" Donghae said to himself as he hopelessly stare at the phone. "Damn it, This will be the last call I'm going to make, Sica if you won't pick uo I'm never going to show my self yo you again..."

 

"Really?"

 

Donghae got startled and almost dropped the phone. Good thing his reflexes acted up upon and was able to catch it. he turned his head around and saw Jessica looking at him and was just standing behind the bench he sat down on. Donghae stood up out of amusement and took steps backward.

 

"When did yoi just?" Donghae asked.

 

"The moment you made the first call I went out and started to smell you from afar..." Jessica said and sat down the bench. "Sit down. you should be able to take surprises, you don't act like a man..."

 

"Yah. Ms. Jung I called you a couple of times you could've answer it or even pick it up..."

 

"I did not feel like I wanted to, so I didn't..." Jessica timidly said and crosses both her legs and arms.

 

"WHY YOU LITTLE WRETCH ! Do you know whow much effort and self ego I gave up just to make those calls." Donghae exclaimed. "How could you just waste all of those..."

 

Jessica looked at him coldly and tried to pierce through him. Donghae who got heated up slowly broke down after Jessica's stare.

 

"Do you want to drink?" Jessica asked Donghae.

 

Donghae being less hot and egocentric at the moment agrees.

 

 

**********

 

 

"2 Bottles of Soju please and a piece of roasted meat, thank you." Jessica called out from their table to the Lady in the counter. "So you have something to say to me?" Jessica quickly shifted her attention to Donghae's whom she startled again.

 

"You really love to startle me don't you Ms. Jung..."

 

Jessica laughed and rolled her eyes.

 

"Oh please, just stop calling me Ms. Jung already, I told you call me SICA-NOONA..." Jessica corrected Donghae. "Now, now I know you're not going to do it but... as the first part of the forgiving process, I command you to do so." Jessica said and black mailed Donghae.

 

Everyone around the stand was starting to look at the both of them. Some were saying that they were cute some said Donghae was hot and the others, purely thought Jessica was some kind of ertedyoug woman.

 

"Yah, you don't look like a noona to me... but I do look like an Oppa to you." Donghae whispered to Jessica trying to avoid the people's stare.

 

"Hmmmm, so would you feel okay if i call you oppa then?" Jessica smiled.

 

"If you actually do, I would feel old."

 

"Just call me noona for now..."

 

"No..."

 

"Aaaaaaahhh ~ waaaee ?" Jessica asked and pouted her lips.

 

Donghae sighed in annoyment. "I ca---" Donghae was cut off before he could even finish he's sentence because a man suddenly butted in.

 

"Excuse me, but can I ask for your name?"

 

"What?!" Donghae exclaimed and looked at the guy. "Yah, Who are you?" Donghae nagged.

 

"Excuse but are you her Boyfriend?" The man asked Donghae and gave a smile.

 

Jessica looked at Donghae and raised both her eye brows on her it's as if she was waiting for an answer.

 

"No... but..."

 

"Then I can ask for your name... I'm Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun. You are?" Jonghyun said and holds Jessica's hand.

 

"Jessica..."

 

Jonghyun smiled. "Jessica..." He kisses her hand gently and looks straight into her eyes. "What a pretty name..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

T.B.C

--------------------

Now this one is quite a long update huh?

I did it on purpose to actually make a chapter longer and

lessen the chapters in the fic...

I do hope you liked it :3

 

Jane_Choding -

--------------------