Chapter 4

Blood List

 

CHAPTER 4

 

 

“Yeobeoseyeo? Who are you and what is your name? he- he-llo?”

 

The girl dropped and called the call off.

 

“!” Donghae exclaimed and looks at the phone as it beeps.

 

Minho moves closer to where Donghae was and looks at the phone with a confused expression stuck on his face. Worried that Doghae’s temper would rise up to the roofs he tapped his hyung’s shoulder and asked.

 

“Hyung? What happened?”

 

Donghae looks back at him and gazes ferociously.

 

“She dropped it after greeting me...”

 

“Is she really the one doing the murders? Hyung what if she isn’t?”

 

“We still have to try and know... I just don’t know where and how to start. All we have is the way she looks and this phone of hers that she randomly leaves.”

 

“Hyung maybe we can use it to know who she is...” Minho said trying to comfort his troubled Hyung.

 

“Minho, she left the phone empty, ZERO! There’s totally nothing in it except her picture as the wallpaper and now the number that called just a while ago.”

 

“The number that called? Maybe we can locate it and know whose phone was used to make the commu?”

 

“That’s right! That’ll do... Good thinking there Minho, but who would help us with that? All the facilities we needed are out of our hands now.” Donghae said while feeling troubled after realizing.

 

“Hyung, I know one person who’s good at things like that.”

 

 

 

**********

 

 

“The number can be coming from anywhere in Korea dude, this is going to be tricky.”

 

“Taemin ssi I trust you in this you’ve been doing this ever since the day I met you... I know you can do this.”

 

“Hyung, you’re motivating me to do things I know already. This is an easy thing for me, but for you to physically track this random calling guy? That’s hard... I should be the one doing the motivating here.” Taemin said as he computes some things in his computers.

 

Donghae crosses his arms as he waits for Taemin. Minho on the other hand was roaming around the room reminiscing over the things he once did with his friend.

 

“Oh, Taemin ssi you still have these photo of us 5? Deabak.” Minho exclaimed as he stared at an old photo framed on the cabinet Taemin had.

 

“AHAHAHA, Yeah Hyung I kept it, it was a precious memeory. Ahahaah...”Taemin laughed.

 

Donghae patted him in the shoulder after and asked.

 

“How long does it usually take you to decipher those codes and locate?”

 

“Maybe a day or half, after the computer finishes the process the map will then sprout out of the screen and will then locate the owner or the holder of the phone. All we just do is wait...” Taemin explained confidently.

 

“I see...” Donghae said and sat down.

 

 

 

**********

 

 

Taemin finished typing everything out and was now ready for the process to load. The process takes quite a lot of time so Minho and Taemin decided to rest and fall asleep, but Donghae stood up waiting. The memories of him with the girl bothered him a lot that he wasn’t able to rest for awhile.

 

Annyeong

 

Donghae keeps remembering the girl’s face and wondered.

 

“Now that I noticed, I don’t remember her having a bleeding face or a bleeding mouth, she had a tiny scratch on her forehead due to the accident and plainly had no trace of blood in the at all... this is quite alarming.” Donghae thought to himself.

 

After a while of waiting...

 

*toot* *toot* *toot* *toot* *toot* [Goes the computer]

 

The alarming *toot* sound woke Minho and Taemin up from their beauty rest.

 

Taemin immediately bounced back to the desktop to check the computer up and realized that it was already locating and tacking the phone number.

 

“Hyung it’s locating already...”

 

All 3 of them gave their whole attention to the screen and waited. A map went out of the screen and it zoomed and zoomed and zoomed until it reached 1 concrete location.

 

“BLUE KREME?” Taemin said as he read the final destination on printed on the screen.

 

“Isn’t that a famous bar here in Incheon, Hyung?”

 

“Maybe he works there or something...” Donghae said and crossed his arms to think harder.

 

“Oh, Hyung I forgot to tell you, the GPS tracking system I have built here in this computer is kind of old so it actually tracks people on the places they we’re on for an estimated time span of 48 hours.” Taemin said.

 

“2 DAYS?!” Donghae exclaimed.

 

Minho slapped Taemin I the head out of dismay after hearing the 2 day estimated time span of the search.

 

“YAH! Taemin ssi why didn’t you tell us earlier about this...” Minho asked.

 

Taemin looked up to where Minho was and scratched the aching crown of his head.

 

“Sorry, I just forgot... It always happens... MIANHE!.” Taemin pleaded.

 

“Wait, BLUE KREME is not far away from Incheon Airport right?” Donghae asked Taemin.

 

“Well technically yeah hyung, it isn’t. The bar is actually open for the whole night starting from 6:00PM up to 2:00 AM. It’s actually a motel for those travelers who reach Incheon at a late sched. It’s also a place where SUJU stores are nearby.”

 

“That’s technically a lot of people Right there... Minho Let’s go...” Donghae said without saying any word further,

 

“To where Hyung?”

 

“We’ll be going back 2 days ago...”

 

“Eh?” Minho was confused.

 

“Good luck!” Taemin cheered while he pigs out on his seat.

 

 

 

**********

 

Minho and Donghae walked along the road with eyes wide open, trying to be aware of what might happen to them in the place. Both knew that the place was a crime scene so they had to be really careful.

 

Donghae walks with a straight striding face that Minho easily noticed. Confused with what he just saw he asked his Hyung.

 

“Are you alright? If you don’t want to do this now we can go back another day you know.”

 

Donghae gave a short glance to where his partner was and flashed a weak smile.

 

“It’s not that Minho I just...”

 

Donghae stopped at the sight of something that he unexpectedly saw. The sight of a face that tormented him and his heart for months. He saw his ex-girlfriend, Tiffany walking out of the hotel alongside a guy.

 

Tiffany works at the hotel as a teller located in the main hall of the building. Donghae and Fany had a 3 year relationship, before Tiffany ended it all up unexpectedly.

 

“Fany ah~”

 

“Donghae...”

 

Donghae looks straight towards her direction, but Tiffany tries to avoid him and walks away with the guy he was with. Donghae was in the verge of crying and looking back to where she was but he hid them all and still looked away. After then he again started to walk away, but Minho grabbed him tight.

 

“Hyung!”

 

“What?”

 

“The guy looked weird and mysterious...” Minho said.

 

Donghae turned around with a troubled expression.

 

“What the hell do you mean Minho...” Donghae asked.

 

“Remember how the patient in the hospital described how the attacker looked like? He said he was as pale as a corpse but with a healthy body... Hyung the guy with that girl totally looked a lot like the description...” Minho said.

 

“No...” DOnghae mumbled and started running to where Fany walked.

 

Donghae ran as fast as he can while Minho followed him from behind. He didn’t know where Tiffany and the guy went so he ran and ran to look for them. After awhile he got tired and stopped accidentally in a mysterious dark place to pant when he suddenly heard a loud bang. Donghae ran inside the dark Isle, but then he noticed a pair of crimson red eyes glowing in the shadows moving to where Tiffany as lying down unconsciously.

 

Donghae immediately took out his gun and pointed to where the shadowy figure was.

 

“GET AWAY FROM HER!” He screeched.

 

The shadow figure pointed out its attention to where Donghae was, but it suddenly lost the crimson glow in its eyes and went back to normal and then went away.

 

The moment it did, Donghae ran to where Tiffany was lying down.

 

“HYUNG!” Minho called out.

 

“We have to take her to the hospital. QUICKLY!” He said and carried Tiffany up.

 

 

**********

 

 

“Sir, are you the patients Boyfriend?” The nurse asked Donghae.

 

“I’m...”

 

“Yeah miss; he is... how is she doing?” Minho covered up for the stuttering Donghae.

 

“Well the patient is stable now and she’s fine, but she lost a lot of blood. What happened to her did she tried to commit suicide?”

 

“No...” Donghae cut in.

 

“Well if so then I do hope you try to know what really happened. I’ll be leaving for awhile; if you want you can check her in the room...” The nurse said and left with a bow.

 

“Thank you.” Minho said.

 

 

 

**********

 

 

Donghae immediately sat down near the hospital bed where Tiffany was sleeping unconsciously. Minho sits down on the couch found in front of the bed and looks at Donghae closely.

 

“Hyung, Do you know this girl?” He asked, trying not to break down Donghae.

 

Donghae looked at Minho and flashed a weak smile for a reply.

 

“I see...” Minho said and kept his silence.

 

Donghae looked at Fany’s hand and held it with both of his hands. He ran them close to his lips and kissed it.

 

“I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to protect you... I do hope you’d forgive me. Fany ah please wake up, wake up for me...” Donghae pleaded and held her hand tight.

 

 

 

**********

 

 

A day has passed and Donghae fell asleep beside Tiffany’s bed. After a while he felt a light tap on his head and woke him up to his consciousness. As he lift his head up he saw Tiffany’s smiling face flashing before his eyes and the next thing he knew, he was already smiling.

 

“You’re awake...” Donghae smiled.

 

Tiffany just flashed a weak smile to Donghae as a reply.

 

“Are you feeling okay?”

 

“Uh hmmm,” Tiffany weakly replied.

 

“That’s great... would you like me to get anything for you?”

 

Tiffany smiles and asks him to come close to her. Donghae follows her cordially and moves his head closer to hers. Tiffany looks at him closely and gives him a kiss on the lips. After then she asks him to go out and get Minho for her.

 

Donghae feeling sorry for her gives her a little kiss on the forehead and goes out slowly in the room. He runs to where Minho was, in the teller’s table but as soon as he reached him, the phone they had for investigation rang so Donghae picked it up, immediately.

 

“YOU! How could you do thi---“

 

“She’s going to die you know...” A girl’s voice said through the phone.

 

“What?”

 

“Sorry...” The girl said and dropped the phone.

 

Donghae gives minho the phone and runs back to where Tiffany was, hoping that what he heard was a lie, but the moment he opens the door he hears one unwanted sound that broke the silence.

 

*tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot...*

 

 

 

 

TBC...