Chapter 7

Blood List

 

CHAPTER 7

 

 

 

Everyone looks and gazes at Minho as he shoots the policeman down. Donghae stands up with a bleeding face and looks at it.

 

“Pity...” Donghae mumbles to himself.

 

“Hyung are you okay?” Minho asked.

 

“Yeah... Thanks.” Donghae said and smiles.

 

PSY walks towards them in shock and disbelief. What he just saw was quite strange and weird to him. He walked with a confused expression on his face and came up to Donghae.

 

“You... know what he was, didn’t you?”

 

“For a shallow brained person like you, I don’t think you’d understand if I actually explain how I knew everything about them.” Donghae said as he wipes off the blood in his lips.

 

“Why you cocky little brat, Are you telling me I’ stupid?” PSY answered back and was in the verge of punching him when Donghae’s father the Chief Inspector arrived.

 

“What happened he--...” the Chief was cut when he saw the vampire’s dead body. “What in the world is that dead body doing in here...” He exclaimed.

 

An attending police went up to where the chief was and told him what happened exactly. Out of shock Chief Inspector Lee looked at Donghae and gazed at him for quite some time. Donghae didn’t disappoint him and angstly stared back.

 

 

“You 2... Get your badges back, You’re both back on duty as of today...” He said and left.

 

Donghae stared at his father as he walks out of the room, Minho smirks and PSY gets pissed. There was a quick change of things, after the incident now Donghe and Minho is back in the case.

 

 

 

**********

 

 

Donghae sits quietly in his table while Minho does his thing. He stares at the phone and deeply thought of things to do with it. He picks it up and dials Jessica’s number in it. The phone rings and he waits, someone picks it up and he answers.

 

“Yeobeo?” He said.

 

“So now you’re dropping the honorifics on me...” Jessica said through the phone.

 

“Is there any reason for me to give you the slightest form of respect, after what happened to me last night?”

 

“Well yeah, even if I still look like this I am still a century older than you Mr. Lee... making me a noona to you...” Jessica said and giggles.

 

“I can hear you giggle in the phone...”

 

“Sorry, I just can’t help but laugh at the thought of me being older tha you despite the fact that I actually look younger.”

 

“Quit this, listen lets meet...” Donghae said.

 

“So now you want to date me huh?”

 

“Ms. Jung...”

 

“Stop calling me that call me Sica-noona, SIICAA-NOONAAA~”

 

“Ms Jung stop playing with me I’m serious.”

 

“Piss... can’t you bare a joke?”

 

“Do I look like a man who could bare mere jokes from someone like you?” Donghae asked.

 

“How am I supposed to know, when you’re actually calling me? HAHA, ok ok, so you want to meet with me? When?” Jessica asked.

 

“Tomorrow at Sweet Scents Coffee shop, I’ll be there waiting at 9:00 onwards...”

 

“Fine, tomorrow then...” Jessica said and drops the phone.

 

Donghae was startled with how she dropped it first than him, but he didn’t mind afterwards.

 

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

Donghae arrives at the coffee shop using the red ford he has been taking care of. He takes off his seatbelt and moves out of the car while he slowly slides on and wears his shades. He walks towards a table and sits down. He takes out the phone he uses to contact Jessica and then looks around. He looked right, he looked left then he looked down to his watch.

 

“9:15... this girl doesn’t have any sense of perfect timing at all.” Donghae mumbled to himself.

 

After a while a girl in white shirt wearing a black apron came up to him and gave him a menu. He looks up and sees a smiling girl.

 

“Sir here’s your menu...” She said gently.

 

Donghae examined her and saw her name tag with a “Choi Sooyoung” Imprinted on it.

 

“Choi, are you somehow related to Choi Minho miss...” Donghae asked as he looks at her and picks the menu.

 

“Well he’s actually a very close cousin of mine sir. Have you any connections of him?” Sooyoung asks.

 

“He’s actually a good friend, I’m glad to meet you Ms. Choi. I really would be glad to talk with you more, but I guess you’re still on duty so if you may, please go back to your work.” Donghae said and smiled.

 

Sooyoung said no word but only smiled in reply. She left with a bow and goes back to her work.

 

Donghae covers his face with the menu as he reads the selection of drinks one by one. When he puts it down Jessica was already sitting in front of him.

 

“You picked quite a nice place for the 2 of us to meet...”

 

“You’re late...” Donghae said with a straight face.

 

“Yah and I never thought you’d still have the time to interrogate me with that...” Jessica replied.

 

“I’m a man Specific on schedules Ms. Jung. I particularly don’t like people with a bumming attitude.”

 

“You really are harsh towards me, yes? It’s scaring me...”

 

“Well there’s a fact about you that contradicts everything, making you scarier than I am...” Donghae said.

 

“Oh Geez can’t you be livelier sometimes...”

 

“Listen I want to get things finished, I decided to meet up with you because of one thing...”

 

“And what would that be?”

 

“I want you to help me locate every vampire in this place...”

 

Jessica looked at Donghae in amusement with what he just said to her.

 

“What makes you think I’m capable of doing that?” Jessica asked.

 

“You’re a lot more related to them than anyone in here. You know your kind more than I do Jessica that’s why I need your help in tracking them down.”

 

“What are you planning to do with those I track down?”

 

“I’ll list them all down...”

 

“I knew it. You’re plotting vengeance unto everyone of my kind because of what happened to Tiffany aren’t you?” Jessica asked.

 

Donghae sat still and said no word.

 

“Are you in?” Donghae sprouted out.

 

Jessica smiled.

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

Jessica laid her back against her chair’s support and slyly looks at Donghae. She examines her as he stares at her back and smiles. A man waearing the same clothes as Sooyoung from a while ago walks up to them and gives Jessica her menu. Donghae noticed his pale hands and immediately quirks his head to see who it was but he didn’t had the chance to. Jessica smiles as she runs through the menu herself.

 

“What’s funny?” Donghae asked.

 

“I know you wanted his name...”

 

“Why the hell do you see and know so much...”

 

“You’re completely defenseless when you’re thinking immediately. Try to calm down and let me do this...”

 

“How the hell can I trust you and your words?” Donghae asked.

 

Jessica smirks in reply. “Hey waiter?” She called out the guy who gave him the menu.

 

The guy walks up to her slowly and Jessica looks at him as he gets closer and closer.

 

“Give me one serve of these and that please.” Jessica pointed and gives the menu.

 

The waiter gently looked at her like he had a secret crush on her and bows. As he was about to walk away, Jessica calls her back.

 

“Uhm, wait...”

 

He stops.

 

“Can I have your name please?” Jessica asked kindly.

 

The waiter turned around and looks at her. He then starts to walk back and bows.

 

“My name is Jeajoong, Kim Jaejoong...” The waiter said, bows and leaves.

 

Jessica smiles at him the turns her gaze towards Donghae. Donghae furrowed his eyebrows out of disbelief with how fast and smooth Jessica was with him and his name. Jessica raised her right eye brow and smirks.

 

“Told you I could do this...”

 

Donghae looked at her and smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

TBC...