Chapter 9

So NOT Gonna Let You Go

 

You have entered my heart

I don’t doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time
That’s the kind of person you are, a story that’s enough for me


- 60 seconds, Kim Sunggyu

 


 

The light of the sun strewn into bar-like horizons passing through the outline of the peach curtain, making you squirm on your position because of the amount of light tapping you out of your sleep.

Your head never felt so heavy and the way your body aches up to the toe, doesn’t help either.

You tried to touch your head and then rubbed your eyes. You can still feel that throbbing sensation on your head making it hard for you to open your eyes and look at the time.

You tried to move your left hand when you felt something hard and chiseled, it was like a perfectly carved line out of a border of a Cadbury chocolate, ready for you to devour.

You frowned yet still not opening your eyes. You traced the lines and massage its delicate frame. ‘Why does it feel like I’m touching some guy’s abs?’  You thought.

You stopped for a second and then re-think what happened last night. You keep searching for some memories on your brain and then you suddenly remember the bartender, Key, the spinning environment, your head throbbing and a guy you’ve kissed.

You turned your head on the other side of the bed and then began opening your eyes eyeing your surroundings, still not looking at the guy. You caressed the guy’s abs once again and you started to remember it all.

'Holy crap! I screwed someone last night!' You shouted inside your head.

That came for a moment to realize that the only thing that conceals your body was a white crumpled blanket that covers your body up to your knees. You looked inside the blanket and confirmed that you are not wearing anything underneath.

You suddenly panicked and sat straight. You run your hands through your hair and clutch the end of the blanket like your life depends on it. You felt so bare and a for screwing someone you don’t even know from the club

Though you were now sitting on the bed, you still don’t who is the guy you spent the night with. You’re scared to look at him or maybe embarassed. Well, maybe a mixed of both to be very honest.

You keep on chanting on your mind the words, ‘Please don’t let him be the crappy bartender’. Though there’s something that caught your attention, Kai’s perfume.

"Jesus Christ! Did I just screw Kai?" You gushed making you look at the guy beside you who is peacefully sleeping with his legs spread on the sheet.

That was when you caught a good glance of him. You looks serene though a little buff. He has this good build that can make every girl safe once he tried to hug them. He doesn’t look like a bad guy at all, in fact he looks handsome. Celebrity handsome.

By the time you realized it, he seems like a dancer or someone whose athletic just by looking at the traces of his body.

You were kinda disappointed that it’s not Kai because you slept with some guy you don’t even know. But then, this guy is a great catch if you met him in a more pleasant situation. He has the frame, the looks and a to-die-for chest and abs.

You face-palmed, thinking about the things that might happen. “ Choan! What have you done?!” You wanted to slap yourself and then push yourself out of this guy’s terrace just to wake you up in the consciousness that you should be careful at all times.

You felt dirty and at the same time sick. You hugged yourself and then you felt a sudden tear on your eye making you hug your knees as well and then let yourself cry out.

Most of the time, you could easily brush off any kind of dangerous situations. But this one was so different, you’re on your own now and whatever your decision is will make a great impact on your life, no matter how you hate it or not.

You were shaken out of your thoughts when you heard some guy from downstairs called, “Howon! Howon-ah!”

You gasped. No one can know that you were here. That you slept with someone you don’t know. If the guy would go inside his room and then decided to wake him up personally then you will be doomed for the rest of your life.

"Think Choan! Think" You gritted through your teeth. "Oh whatever!" You said finally as you pushed yourself off of the bed letting the blanket surrounded your body like a white plunging gown that were drooping up to the floor.

You searched for his cabinet and grabbed some sweatshirt and some sweat pants. You wear his clothes as soon possible then searched a pair of socks from his drawer.

And then you heard it coming closer, “Yah Howon-ah!”.

You panicked and just inserted the socks on your feet before you stood up and realized that you took off all of his share of the blanket making him lie there, and vulnerable.

And then your eye landed on making you involuntarily say, “Oh my gosh! That was one big-“.

You didn’t have the chance to end what you’re saying because you were interrupted by loud and heavy footsteps so you rush to grab your clutch, dress and heels before you wrapped him with the cloth, with your eyes closed.

You run towards his window and look if there was a safe landing outside and good thing he has a little balcony over there where you can hide at the mean time.

You threw yourself outside as you felt the door opened and then heard the guy’s voice much louder saying, “Lee Howon! Get up now!”. You heard this ‘Howon guy’ moaned and said, “Go away! I’ll just go down later” with a hint of exhaustion and annoyance in his voice.

“Oh my God! I just hope I didn’t woke him up” You pleaded as you gasped for breath. It was like 6 in the morning and yet you’ve dealt with a lot of exhaustion. Way to start your day, Choan

You bit your lip as you tightened your hug on your belongings, wishing no one could see you right now. You look downward and realized that they have tall grills on their gate making it easier for you to go down as this very moment.

As soon as you reached the ground, you immediately called a cab to take you back to Hyejin’s house before she would be awake.

You don’t want her to know what happened today and you don’t want that to happen ever. She’s the least of the things that you’re going to think of now and you screw enough of your life at the shortest time. You hate being interrogated and you hate being scolded. It’s not like you don’t know what kind of trouble you got into so as long as you can hide it from anyone, you can solve this alone.

Right now, you didn’t dare to look back at the house and just peacefully said the address to the driver before you closed your eyes and hugged your things.

'Very well Choan, it's been five days and you've had enough trouble. New record for you' , You thought sarcastically not minding everyone or the world as you tried to take a little nap since your head is still pounding like crazy due to what happened last night.