Chapter 4

So NOT Gonna Let You Go

 

I call out without a sound,
I call out remembering you
I try forgetting you, knowing you don’t share my feelings

- Voice of My Heart, Infinite

 


 

"She just won’t look at me. I said ‘I’m sorry’ for a thousand times but she won’t even answer my calls" Sungyeol’s voice resonated the room.

Jini, Sungyeol’s girlfriend and Myungsoo’s sister, decided to break it off with Sungyeol for good because he keeps on having contacts with other girls who kept on flirting with him. Their relationship was as long as Hyejin’s and Myungsoo’s. But unlike the two who started with bickering and ended as the cheesiest couple alive, their relationship was like a light switch that goes on and off as time goes by.

Sungyeol is Myungsoo’s bestfriend and that is the reason why, Jini and Sungyeol would try to keep their problems as a secret because the two’s friendship was long enough to have it’s on wreck.

And yet the other group members know about the two’s problem but they chose to remain silent. They know that it was a selfish move to keep it a secret but Jini would always tell them, ‘Please don’t tell him. I don’t want him having problems right now. Just let him have the time he have with Hyejin. Please’.

“Don’t you think it’s time for Myungsoo to know all the s his sister, went through when you two were still dating?” Dongwoo rested his chin on his knee, looking at Sungyeol, who keeps on pacing here and there and unable to know what to do.

“Tell him?! You gotta be kidding me, Hyung. There’s no way he could know this” Sungyeol ran his hands through his hair, agitated and looking more disturbed as ever.

The boys were waiting for Myungsoo to start their practice but then, they were kinda used with Myungsoo being late to their practices. And they were in the brink of giving up because no one not even their CEO could change him. Good thing Hyejin’s there to scold him for doing so.

"Just give her the time! It was your fault anyway" Sungjong said as he fiddle with his phone, sitting cross-legs on the floor. “Maybe, she’ll accept you once again. But seriously hyung, you should learn how to treat her right”

“Don’t talk about things you don’t know, maknae! Just don’t” Sungyeol gave him a look and continued on talking even though no one seems to care about what he says. He was lucky enough that despite all the things they’ve been through (which is all because of Sungyeol), he still has Jini to forgive him.

"Will you quit it, Lee Sungyeol. Sungjong’s right!" Sunggyu gave him a cold stare then started to practice their routine alone.

 

 

Sunggyu eyed Hoya who’s just sitting at the corner, with his earphones on. It’s not only Sungyeol, who’s facing another break up but Hoya as well.

 And yet with Hoya, it was almost the same story. Because here, the girl he loves, was the one who left him.

The problem here is Hoya doesn’t seem to be the Hoya that they knew back then. He used to be the person who persuades them to practice their routine but right now, all he does is slack off at the side, not caring about the world.

"How can I stop?! It’s my girlfriend out there. What if she’s with some other man now?" Sungyeol protested like everything is about him.

“Then you should’ve thought of that before you cheated on Jini” Woohyun retorted, looking at Sungyeol in disgust.

“I was wrong, okay? And I didn’t cheat on her. It was more like I was talking to this girl but trust me, I didn’t cheat on her” Sungyeol said, defeated.

“Don’t you think it’s time for Myungsoo to know the truth? I mean, it’s been a long time. You should thank Hyejin for not telling Myungsoo the truth. Man! That’s your best friend  and his sister, we’re talking about here” Dongwoo muttered.

“No. I don’t know. I just can’t tell this him right now” Sungyeol sat on the bench beside the mirror and cover his face with his palms, unable to know what to do.

“You know! Sooner or later, he’ll know it and the longer you are making this, the bigger the burden it is not only for you but for Jini as well” Woohyun said.

“Ugh! Guys! I don’t know, okay” Sungyeol screamed in frustration and threw his head back on the wall.

"Maybe it’s time for you to act like a man” Hoya smirked. He removed his earphones and taunted, “It was your fault anyway. Quit acting like a girl”

Everyone looked at Hoya in horror. They know that he’s also sensitive with this kind of things and yet Sungyeol won’t shut up.

"And you are not?" Sungyeol raised his eyebrows as he looked at Hoya. "Am I the only one who acts like a girl here? What about you, huh? Just because your girlfriend cheated on you doesn’t mean-"

He didn’t have the chance to finish his sentence because all it took for him to shut up is Hoya’s fist hitting his face. Hoya’s angry now and all he could do is punch Sungyeol on his face.

The group split into two, Woohyun and Sunggyu held Hoya, while Dongwoo and Sungjong held Sungyeol to keep the two from fighting each other.

Sungyeol smiled bitterly as he tasted the blood formed at the edge of his lips, “Why?! Am I not right? She cheated on you! She’s always cheating on you and yet you are blind like a love sick puppy waiting for his owner to arrive”

"Yah Lee Sungyeol! That’s enough!" Sunggyu shouted.

"Well guess what! She’s been cheating on you all the time!" Sungyeol continued, clicking his tongue.

 

 

Everyone was focused on Sungyeol that they didn’t realized that Hoya released himself from the grasp of the two. He didn’t waste his chance to aim his fist on Sungyeol’s face.

He hated how Sungyeol is right and yet he just can’t let him say those things to Minah. Not to his girlfriend. Correction, Ex-girlfriend. Maybe he did something wrong. Maybe she’s not happy. What did I ever do to her?

He tried his best to be the best boyfriend for her. They have the same dream. She said they’ll perform together when the time comes. They were too happy back then, what happened?

He loved her even before he was in this group. They made their relationship a secret back then because he thought that she was afraid of her parents, saying she’s too young to fall in love. And then he realized that she’s having a relationship with a college guy. A guy whom she says that has a more rigid future.

It was like a punch in the stomach. He was naive. He didn’t even talked about her back then with his friends because he was embarassed on how dumb he was to believe her.

Until they met again, a year ago and he realized it was still her. It was still Minah, that he loves. He accepted her because he thought Minah’s going to love him back. And later did he knew, he was still the same dumb boy that she lured back then.

He thought he knew her but then he was wrong again.

He tried to make things right and yet all she did was to break his heart. And even though she hurt him that bad, he still can’t get angry at her.

He’s more angry at himself for loving a girl like her.

And now Sungyeol won’t shut his mouth blabbering about his silly fight with his girlfriend. He’s lucky enough to find a girl like her.

Sungyeol was now lying on the ground as Hoya sat on the boy’s stomach, throwing punches on the boy’s face. Hoya shouted, “Don’t talk to me about being faithful because you don’t even know how to be faithful in the first place”.

Sunggyu kept on shouting but the two just won’t stop fighting. Dongwoo tried his best to push Hoya out of Sungyeol, then whispered something on Hoya making him stop. For a moment, He wasn’t aware of the fact that their comeback’s soon enough people would question them why Sungyeol has bruises on his face.

"Stop you guys! Just freakin’ stop!" Woohyun barked.

Hoya backed away and stood up to straighten the wrinkles of his shirt while Sungyeol needs to be pulled by Dongwoo and Sungjong because of the bruises he received from Hoya.

The room has its tensed atmosphere now. And no one seems to say a word. Hoya and Sungyeol remained silent and just exchanged death glares on each other.

Just then, Myungsoo entered the room mumbling his lines on their song. He stopped at the door when he realized that Hoya and Sungyeol was a mess.

"Whoa! What happened here?!" He asked. Yet no one dared to answer him.

"You know what! Continue this practice. I’m outta here" Hoya announced sternly then snatched his things before he went outside, bumping Myungsoo.

"You can thank me later for doing that to him" Hoya whispered and then he was out.

"What happened?" Myungsoo mouthed but no one seems to care about him for now.

Sunggyu cleared his throat and said, “I won’t tolerate this attitude, next time. Okay?! Let’s give Hoya some time to think while you Lee Sungyeol! Shut your mouth please”.

Sungyeol was about to protest when Sunggyu cut him off by saying, “You can practice later. You can join us with the routine once you cleared your head off”.

"As for you, Kim Myungsoo" Sunggyu glared at the guy. "Don’t just stand there. You’ve been late enough don’t get me started with you".

Myungsoo looked at him flabbergasted then at the other members, searching for clues but no one seems to answer him because all were dead serious in their own ways.

He reached for Sungyeol, to ask him what happened but Sungyeol was wary enough to look at him. All he could do was say, “I’m sorry”. Before he left the studio without looking back at them.