Chapter 8

So NOT Gonna Let You Go

 

I wonder if you hurt like me
I wonder if you cry like me
I wonder if you live all day in memories like me

-  I  Wonder If You Hurt Like Me, 2AM

 


 

You glanced at Aera as she grabbed Chanyeol’s hand before they go to the dance floor. You sat groggily at your seat as you rolled your eyeballs at the two. No one was there to entertain or talk to you and this isn’t fun as you thought it would be.

"This is so boring" You said as you tucked your hand underneath your chin while examining your drink.

You drank your tequila in one shot as you eyed them again. The two were now making out at the center, like there’s no tomorrow.

You felt a sudden pang in your heart. You used to go to a lot of clubs back then and you’re always with Kai.

We were like that back then. You thought and then tossed your hair to the side and then eyed your glass.

You hate this. You never knew it would be like this when you decided to agree with all of this. You thought you were going to forget him but instead it made you think about him even more.

"I need a strong drink" You muttered as you made a face before you looked at the bartender. "Scotch here, please" You shouted through the blaring of the music inside the club.

The bartender looked at you as if it was his first time seeing you there. Well theoretically speaking, it’s your first time here. But there’s something about his look that scares you. It’s like he was undressing you with those eyes and he’s not even that hot in the first place.

He looks like a guy in his late 20s. Has this horrible haircut, slinted eyes and there were a lot of pimples growing in his face, it would be impossible for them to regrow because there may be no spaces for each one of them. It’s not like you have any problems with people who has a lot of zits, it’s just that the way he looks at you, scares you to the bones. It’s like he’s about to wait for you outside to you or something like that.

Well what do you expect? This is a club not a school, you can’t just go around seek for people who would protect you just because some guy looked at you like he’s gonna you.

Besides, you were underdressed as well. You had a black mini dress that accentuates your cleavage and it falls 6 inches before your knee, then you were wearing a 3 inch black stilleto making your body, as well as your smooth legs shine amongst them.

"Why would a pretty girl like you be drinking a hard drink?" He scooted closer from his counter to reach you and flirt with you.

You looked at him in disgust and said, “Why? Is it a part of your job to ask me that?”

He bit his lip looking hurt, occasionally looking at your cleavage, making you clung your right hand to your left arm, concealing it from him

This guy is seriously creeping me out. I wish Kai was here with me. I feel so bare here. You thought worriedly until you realized you were thinking about him again. You mentally slapped yourself and just urged the bartender to give you your drink.

He walked away for a second to get your drink, making you sigh in relief. “That was easy” You mumbled through your breath as you shifted your attention and scan the crowd.

Some guy caught your eye. A blonde guy who was happily dancing with another guy and they weren’t just dancing, they were kissing. And the blonde guy was not just any guy, it was Key!

"Oh my God" You gaped at the view. You squinted your eyes at the view and realized it was really Key.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when the bartender intended to make a conversation with you, “You look new here. Where did you come from?”

"Nowhere near yours" You snapped back as you looked at him, annoyed. You looked once again at the scene but they were gone already.

Crap. I knew I’ve just met Key. But seriously? That explains the disgusted looks earlier. You thought as you drank your scotch. It didn’t sting either. Maybe because you were in such deep thoughts right now that you didn’t even have the time to mind the taste.

"Funny, little girl. Wait, are you still a minor?" He smiled at you and then tapped at your glass. You gave him a sour look, "Will you  just please get me another one of this?"

"Sure, Honey"

Ewww. I’m not your honey, moron. “Oh make it three please!”

 

 

 

Your head feels so heavy right now and the bartender doesn’t help either because he was so flirting with you. Good thing there were a lot of people that were ordering their own drinks or else this night would be ruined because of a stupid, silly bartender.

"So.. Do you want me to take you home? Cause you look so wasted, right now and it would be dangerous for you to go outside"

"No. I’m okay" You looked at him, mortified. You’re the only dangerous one here, in my opinion. Then you rolled your eyes, desperate to get out of this whole situation.

You step down of your chair, grabbing each of the handles to support your weight. The world seems to be spinning around now and the people surrounding you, seems to be blurry as they move to the rhythm of the loud music.

You paved your way through the crowd as people shove each other, dancing skin to skin. You can smell the alcohol, cigarette and sweat mixing together making the atmosphere heavier than the usual.

You bobbed your head and throw your hand in the air. You let your body lose to the music. You don’t care if you have no one to dance right now, as long as you have music around you, you can still manage to live and enjoy.

You mentally slapped yourself for wasting your time at the bar when you can have your own time here. The dizzy feeling suddenly came back again, making you stumble and fall on someone accidentally.

You smiled at the guy like an idiot and said, “Oops”.

The guy just smiled at you and you suddenly had the urge to dance with this stranger. You didn’t have the time to examine his features, the only thing that you could remember was how his purple dress shirt accentuated his fit biceps.

And his perfume..

Oh God.. It’s Kai’s perfume.

You stood there frozen searching for the face of the guy but it was too dim and loud and everything seems to be out of control right now. You can’t even focus on his face. It was like a mix of light and blur at the center of the crowd.

And then you saw Kai’s face in that person making your heart beat faster again.

"W-What- How?" The only words you managed to utter.

But instead he mumbled, "Minah".

You looked at him confused. Who’s Minah? Wait. Is this really Kai? Or am I hallucinating?

The guy snapped you out of your thoughts when he suddenly pulled you in a deep kiss. You didn’t try to struggle, instead you kiss him back. You miss his kisses. Those kisses that leaves you nothing but be breathless. Those sweet and plump lips that doesn’t fail to comfort you at all times.

Your knees became weak. Everything in this world spins around making it hard for you to cope up. You only focus on the kiss and let him take the lead, making you want for more.

But then you realized, it didn’t felt like Kai’s lips so you pulled away to search for his face and then he smiled at you, making you slung your hands on his neck and kiss him again, but hard this time.

You pulled away and hugged him tightly with tears in your eyes, “Please let’s just get out of here”.