Chapter 2

So NOT Gonna Let You Go

 

Standing at a crossroad, everything slow motion

See I’m just a ship lost in the ocean, but you’ll always be my light

The road ahead is broken, we will undertake it

- Heaven's Door, Eric Nam

 


 

 

The light strewn between the curtains as it struck on the room in horizontal spectrum of pastel and light colors. The cold breeze outside flowed through the curtains and danced in a graceful manner as they surrounded the room in a very accommodating manner. And only sounds of the engines of cars were heard as they went past by from street to street.

Meanwhile, two figures were found on the bed contiguously snuggled with each other. Peacefully sleeping and spectacularly inseparable. The wind gushed and later on the girl abruptly opened her eyes. She blinked innocently as blurry flashes blocked her vision.

She ran her hands on her body and stopped when she felt a hand lying on her waist. Her lips curved to a smile as she realized that her husband, Myungsoo, slept with her last night. She tilted her head to see that her head lies on his arms not the pillow stuck underneath it.

She rolled carefully to face him and traced his features. From his warm and piercing eyes tucked as he sleep. His sharp nose perfectly chiseled which suits his godly features. His invisible blemishes that he hates so he always use toners and concealers to hide its imperfections which she thought, is cute since he whines like a little kid whenever he sees a teeny tiny zit popping on his face. Up to his kissable lips which made it too irresistable not to kiss  up to his flawless jawline.

"You know if you keep admiring my face, I'm afraid I have to cross the boundaries even though you told me not too" Myungsoo murmured seductively with a husky voice.

The girl blushed and opened to say something but Myungsoo hugged her tightly and chuckled, "I can't believe you're still blushing after a year of marriage. You're too cute".

She pouted and pushed him lightly, "I'm not cute and I-I'm not blushing. You need to get up now! I know your schedule and you need to leave today since there's a pre-recording for your new show".

"But I don't want to" He protested as he clasped her back to his arms.

"But you have to" She argued.

"But I want you" 

She felt her body gave in as she softened because of his words. It's been  years since she've known him and there is still something with his words which makes her weak. She may not show it but she's head over heels with this guy over here. And one of the billions why, is his fist-punching greasiness.

She sighed. *If only people would know that he is as greasy as Nam Woohyun*

"Just go" She ordered as she look at his eyes. "You need to go there. Your other wives are waiting for you. I don't want them to get angry at me".

He let out a gentle laugh and tesed her, "Now I know. Are you jealous?". He caress her cheeks lightly, "Huh?"

She rolled her eyes and looked away, "No!"

Myungsoo laughed, "Suuuure! Whatever you say, Madame". She pushed him hard to get away from his grip, "Myungsoo! Go away! 

Instead of releasing her, he tightened his embrace as he lowered his sight to adjust on her height until his deep and sincere eyes bore into her completely,  "No".

"Then don't! I'm going out" She whined as she gets away from his grasp. But Myungsoo is so fast that he genuinely looped is hands on her wrist, pinned her down and enveloped her with his body.

"No miss-y not until you give me my breakfast, first" He winked as his warm breath crashes to her skin which made her shiver and blush at the same time.

"Just go!" She wouldn't budge at his magnetic stare. "I need to make you your damn BREAKFAST so just go"

He lightly peck her lips, "Please".

"Nope" She smirked

"Please" He kissed her forehead. "Please" Down to her nose. "PLEEEEASE" Which was followed by impeccable kisses from her lips to her jawline.

She may not show it but she enjoys Myungsoo doing all these things to her but they've already made a deal that they won't do this until Myungsoo understands the word "discipline". She hates the fact that Myungsoo gets scolded for being late and for having a short-term patience. She wants to discipline him and if she can tolerate him at a time  like this, she's afraid he can never be disciplined anymore.

"Yah Kim Myungsoo! We're all here. Where are you? Once we know that you're still there in bed insisting a make out session with Hyejin, I'm going to f'ckin kill you. Don't disturb the girl on her beauty sleep and get your here. Manager Jungryul is waiting for you. You should be here in 10 minutes" The voice of Woohyun resonated the room. A loud ping was heard and then his voice diasappeared. They always contact Myungsoo through voicemails since Myungsoo is known in his group for not answering phone calls.

Myungsoo close his eyes in distaste. "Oh please not again " Myungsoo groaned as he crashes at the other side of the bed. "But I don't want to leave" He whined like a little child.

She stood up and balance her weight as she look one glance at Myungsoo, "But you need to! And if you don't go there now, I'm afraid you'll be in big trouble".

"It's alright" He muttered.

"And how are you suppose to explain yourself why you were late, huh?" She furrowed her eyebrows as she placed her hands on her waist.

"I'll say that I got a little too immersed on my y, beautiful wife and it was totally hard to resist her especially her scrumptious lips" He gave you an innocent grin. "Though, It was too hard to resist anyway".

"Ok, WhateverShe shook her head sheepishly and spun her heels to hide her smile. "Let's just divorce so you can marry Woohyun. You two, are waaaay too same now. You can even replace him as the greasy one on your group" She said as she reached downstairs.

"Sorry. I can't I love you too much" His voice echoed from their room up to the kitchen. 

 

 

She finished cooking their breakfast and scanned the interiors of their house for a minute. It is still the old house they use to lived in where they use to bicker and fight, throw sarcasms at each other and mockings until one day, they realize they were inlove for each other. The same house they lived in as a front of their arranged marriage until Myungsoo broke it off and asked her for a real one so that there will be no shows for others to see and to show her that he didn't just marry her because of the arrange marriage their parents had fixed but because of the suppressed feelings he possesses for her.

She is placing the plates on the table when she felt a pair of hands enveloping her from the back. The smell of freshness and sweetness of his scent covering her made her too contented just for a morning that they were together. The way his cold arms exquisitely clasped to her body make her feel safe and weak at the same time.

Myungsoo kissed the top of her head, "I hate practicing and pre-recording and all that. I hate being away from you".

"I know. But you have to face it. You chose to be an idol so you have to live with it" Her voice became weaker than she thought. Whenever Myungsoo leaves, he comes back after three days, a week or even after a month due to his armed schedule. And now that they have an album to release after the next few months, It looks like they'll be seeing each other after 2-3 months and that is an enough reason to miss him.

"Don't worry babe. I'll promise that nothing could break us apart. We'll manage to see each other even though it's hard, right?" Myungsoo reassured as he kissed her temple. 

She gave him a meek smile, "Yes, babe. We will".

 

 

Just right then, a loud ring of the doorbell was heard which resonated the room quickly. Someone was pressing the doorbell nonstop so it makes an annoying tone, inside. Myungsoo groaned upon hearing the aggravating sound of the doorbell, "Woohyun must've been here. I thought he's joking about what he said a while ago"

"You should open the door. He must've been hungry, as well. Just invite him to have breakfast with us. Your manager must've been nagging on him that's why he is in a rush to fetch you"

Myungsoo hesitatedly broke the hug and pouted, "I'm going to kill that man for breaking our time together".

He made his way to the door and readied his voice to nag at Woohyun when he noticed an unfamiliar silhouette at the curtains. He scrunched his nose at looked at it and it doesn't look like Woohyun at all.

He opened the door and said, "Who's there?".

He made a closer look and realized it was a person whom he never expected to come. It was you. You who never had interactions with him before. He wants to get close to you but you are busy looking at him like he's a psycho or something. He once visited your house in America way back but he ended up being close to your brother since you pretty disses what he says. In short, You were nowhere interested to your sister's husband as well as your sister. But since you have to live up with a choice, You have to be with them to escape your problems.

"Hey brother-in-law, Long time no see" You smirked as you held the grills of the gate.

Myungsoo heaved a sigh, "Babe! I guess someone's here to talk to you". And with that he opened the locks of the gates and helped you with your bags.

"Can you please explain to me what's with the luggages?" Myungsoo asked as he escorted you inside.

You stopped for a minute and glowered at him, "Why would I need to explain things to you? Are you my sister?". 

Myungsoo stared at you in disbelief as he dropped your bags carelessly, "Meanie". And with that, he left you sitting at the couch wondering what pushed you to go  to their house since you are not accommodating to them back in New York and the fact that you were a from thousand miles away from them adds inquisitiveness and curiousity to his brain.