Chapter 7

So NOT Gonna Let You Go

 

No more crying to get me through

I'll just keep on dancing til' the morning with somebody new

Tonight I'm getting over you

-  Tonight I'm Getting Over you, Carly Rae Jepsen

 


 

You scan the cafeteria for any signs of the girl from the cafe. She introduced herself as Park Aera. She talked to you for a while about the school and how great the school was. She praised the school like it was some place inside heaven, it was almost fake.

In the end, she gave you her number in order for you to contact her about some stuff.

You frowned at your phone. You already sent her a lot of messages and even called her for the nth time. You were done finishing the stuff you needed to do to comply with your requirements. The administrator even gave you a sheet of paper containing the rooms in this school as well as your schedule for the whole term.

You only have one class this day.

If this is some Calculus class, you’ll definitely ditch it even if this is your first day at your new school.

"Was this some kind of a joke? Don’t tell me she just said that she was a student in order for her to lure me on enrolling in this " You said to yourself in annoyance, speaking in English.

"Don’t you know it’s unhealthy to talk to yourself in public? My lady" A guy with a red snapback, approached you out of nowhere. He was wearing a black muscle tee that accentuates his biceps. He may look manly but his eye-smile sends him to a room of full of youthful cuteness.

You ignored him and tapped your chin with the tip of your phone, looking frustrated as ever. Holy crap. Where the hell is that girl?

He smile painfully as he looked at you but decided to stay calm in front of you, instead he offered his hand and said, “I’m Park Jimin. Sophomore and Majoring in Hiphop and Alternative Music. I think we’ll be seeing each other for a while here, my lady”. And then he ended it with a wink.

You stared at him in disgust. You wanted to say, Hi I’m Kang Choan. A professional at kicking of flirtacious douchebags and oh! Uninterested.

But instead, you frowned at him and glared at his hand, “Ok”. And then you went back to your phone, typing incoherent words to Aera, on the verge of losing your mind.

You heard him let out an annoyed chuckle, “You are aware that a lot of guys are looking at you, right?”

You stopped typing and glanced at your environment. He’s right. A lot of guys were checking you out from their table. And you do know to yourself that this guy right here is not far from their intentions, as well.

"Should I know that?" You said bluntly and tore your eyes away from him, searching for Aera’s face at the crowd.

The guy looked stunned and shook his head, “Look. If you think I’m one of those guys, don’t hold your breath. But if you really want to hang out-“

"Then go back to your friends, I really don’t need company to be very honest"

Lie

 

"You see, I know the person you’ve been waiting for. She told me I have to accompany someone to her" He snickered. "Waiting for Aera?"

Aera. Wait- What?

"W-Wait. What did you say?!" You shouted, making him smile cockily at you.

He looked at you, “I know the person you’ve been waiting for and she was waiting for you as well”.

You gagged at him, still unsatisfied, “Are you sure?”

He nodded in flashed his boyish smile. “Wait. Do you know, Aera? Park Aera? The girl barista?!”.

He let out a chuckle, “Girl barista? That’s quite a good identification for her”

"Well that’s what I know. By the way, why didn’t you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"That you know, Aera. I was like standing here for an hour. I’m going to be late for my-" You protested.

He frowned at you, hands on his pockets. “Wait, did you ask me? Last time I checked you had an unwelcome vibe to me. But then because you’re pretty, I’ll just let it slide”.

You heave a sigh. You’re not in the mood to argue with someone you barely know. “Ok. Let’s stop this. Where’s Aera?”

He gave you a look for a minute and then started to walk again, “Come”.

 

 

"Sup Cho!" You heard Aera chirped at her table, like you were close friends or anything.

You nodded your head, uninterested and muttered, “Look. I have no time to talk right now. I just need you to show me around or maybe guide me the way to my class before I come late and got bricked by my instructor”.

You saw that her friends are all guys or that’s what you thought at this moment. They were four to be very honest and she’s the only girl. She’s beside this guy who has his arms wrapped around her waist. He introduced himself as Park Chanyeol. The guy has enormous eyes and ears and then he gave you this creepy stares that sends shivers to your spine. In front of Chanyeol is this guy whose name is Key. He has blonde hair and he’s not paying attention to you. Instead, he’s watching some dance videos in his laptop, with his earphones. Lastly, there’s Jimin. There’s no need for an explanation. You already talked to him a while ago.

"Hey sis! I’m going back to my friends now" Jimin finally said before he left your table. "Glad you introduced me to her. So long, my lady" And then he gave you a creepy wink and a satisfying smile before he hurried off.

You rolled your eyes in disgust. You were kind of alarmed that they were siblings but then you realized that they both have the same attitude so there’s no prob with that. Though they don’t look alike, you were kind of intrigued who’s the older one.

Probably Jimin because he called her Aera, a while ago.

"W-Wait! Are you going to come with us?" Aera shouted because of the noise that was coming from the students at the cafeteria.

"Nah probably not. Tonight’s my shift at the cafe and Taehyung invited me to their house for dinner so don’t worry about me" He said finally before he took off.

"Who’s the older one?" You don’t know why you even asked that. You mentally slapped yourself for doing so but then you were curious because they seem like the same age if you would see them.

"I am. We don’t do formalities though" She brushed it off and beamed at you.

"Anyway, can I have your schedule?" Aera ask nicely before you gave her yours.

"Hmmmm" You watched Aera squinted her eyes on your schedule and the rooms itself. "We’re going to have the same class this day. And on Wednesday"

"Oh wait! You almost have the same class as Key. Oh my god!" She gushed and grinned at you like it was a good thing.

You didn’t realize that you were the only person standing there. Key was silently bobbing his head through his iPod, occassionally looking at you and then when you caught him, he would shook his head that seems to be chilly and unwelcoming. No, more like he’s glaring and giving you that y disgusted look like you did something wrong to him.

Weird guy.

If you weren’t on a bipolar state now, which you always are, you would think that this guy is cute. You can see by the way he looks, he’s handsome enough in your opinion. But you’re not hoping for a new relationship and that includes flirting or some sort of stuffs.

One thing you learned from your experience, angelic looking guys were mostly the first one to be the devil in surreal relationships.

But then, something feels so wrong. It’s like he don’t like you even at the first glance. More like disgusted. He didn’t even introduced himself and continued with what he is doing. And oh! Neat freak here, everyone.

"So.. Are we going to class now? Afterall, this’ll only be my only class for the day" You inquired and then adjusted the handle of your backpack.

Instead, Aera giggled like something’s funny, “You’re one lucky girl, Cho”.

You squinted your eyes in curiousity, “What do you mean?”

"Luckily, we don’t have class today because our instructor decided to take a leave for 2 months because of some stuff in their province" Aera smiled.

"And that means.." You dug.

"Nothing. I don’t think he’ll not have any substitute for that. I heard his cousin will fill up for him as a sub next week"

"Okay? And I’m lucky because.."

"It’s your first day at school and yet we’re going to a club after Chanyeol eats his food. Isn’t that okay, babe" She nudged her ‘you assumingly thought’ boyfriend. He smiled at you and said, "Great idea. You will meet a lot of new persons there"

You took a step backwards. You barely know these people and they’re expecting you to come with them?

"What made you think I will come with you?" You gave Aera a challenging stare.

She slung her arms on your shoulder and said, “Hey! It’ll be fun. I know you’re still unfamiliar with some things here in Korea and I know you are stressing about some stuff and that is why you left for Seoul. Trust me, Cho! It’ll be fun!”.

You took a deep breath and regather your thoughts. You missed clubbing to be very honest. And you go to clubs with Kai too often, it brings you back the old times painfully. But then looking at the bright side, it’s time to meet new people. Have fun. Drink and dance like there’s no tomorrow.

And for once, Kai’s not here to tell you what to do. What to drink. Who to dance. And some s that may occur.

This’ll be a great step towards your own independence.

If it weren’t for those ty feelings you wouldn’t agree on going here in the first place, now it’s time to start things on your own.

And the first step is party with the persons you barely knew.

Pretty ironic to say but who cares?

You smiled at Aera and finally said, “Sure, text me the address and I’ll be there at 7”