Problem 07. My new school and schoolmate...

10 millions Ways to love Somebody

I dreamt that night I was Ryeo Wook's half-sister. I dreamt he was the son of my mother's new husband. I dreamt we were good friends just like during the day we spent together. The turtle was our pet and was eating happily some lettuce we gave it. There was no Dong Jun, no Hyung Shik, no Hee Chul, no Andrei, no manor anymore... I was so happy! Siwan was my best boy friend and we were at the same school. I was so good in class that I managed to intend his section. Real classmates... Class... School?

Something was telling me that there was something really important about school at the moment but I was too good in my dream, I really didn't want to wake up.

Lia-ssi... Lia-ssi...”
Nhhh...” I moved but didn't wake up.
LIA, wake up already, school starts in thirty minutes! Being a Chance won't do anything if you're late!” someone started to scream moodily, shaking my shoulder.

I shot my head up. I felt pain at the back of my head and heard someone groaned loudly. But I wasn't awoken enough to mind, opened my eyes more and found myself in the library, in front of the turtle. It was looking at me straight in the eyes and I shivered.
You... Did you, ghost turtle, talk to me and woke me up?? Did you just groan?? My eyes went round in wonder. I was really going crazy; a turtle couldn't speak... Seriously, what was wrong with me?
I frowned and looked at the hand on my shoulder. I froze and looked up.

HAAA! It's not the turtle!” I screamed and then mumbled sleepily.
Do I look like a turtle? Does a turtle speak? Have you hit a turtle with your head! Wake up Lia-ssi, we are going to be late...” said Hee Chul before sighing and massaging his forehead.

I stood up. I did want to say sorry for his forehead but suddenly, I frowned again: there was a piece of paper right next where I was sleeping. I picked it up and read it, « Lia-ah~ It's Ryeo Wook Oppa! Sorry, I had to leave early in the morning because I had to meet my mother before school. I didn't have the heart to wake you up early like this. So I asked our turtle to watch over you! I'm sure turtle did well~ Don't be late at school~ See you at the university, hopefully! Take care, Lia-ah~
Ryeo Wook. »

I smiled at this and even giggled like a stupid girl. Seriously, why can't it be you my brother, Oppa? Hee Chul popped his head behind me and stared at me strangely.

After all... you really are strange, uh?” he asked, but I bet he wasn't waiting for any answer from me.

I frowned at him, wondering if I should feel offended or not, but he put his hands up in surrender. The fierce boy just told me to hurry up and made sure Dong Jun didn't prank the bathroom again for me. I was really confused about him... He started to underline the fact I was a Chance, which was obviously an insult by the way he said it, but then, acting all... I don't know, almost gently? Well, I had no time to think about it. I took my shower, dressed quickly and went downstairs. He handed me a bag.

Siwan did your bag yesterday, before sleeping. He was starting an hour before so he left already. Kwang Hee couldn't afford to be late, else he would get grounded again and SyeRa was there trying to manage him, so he left some minutes earlier.”

Was he explaining why he waited for me? Was he saying he actually WAITED for me? I didn't know if I should feel grateful or surprised again. I nodded and we went out of the manor, running quickly. We missed the bus and had to walk to the next stop. However, the bus wasn't coming before ten minutes. So we walked again and again. When we took the bus, we were at the third stop of the way to the university.

We both were grumpy and complained about it. In the bus we really were awkward and he started to look at his Ipad. I guess he felt bad for me and told me he was just checking his favorite artists updates. That was when I saw L'arc~en~ciel on the screen...

 

Laruku~” I sang absentmindedly.
Do you know them?” he asked.
Yes... I love Hyde and Tatsuya... Ken is a great guitarist, same for Yukihiro at the drums.” I was ranting but stopped. It was to Hee Chul, my grumpy enemy, I was talking to...
Yeah, they are great... Ha! I wish I'd meet them, especially Hyde.” He sincerely said.

We both nodded awkwardly, not used to be this... friendly to each other. We understood the other one for the first time and it wasn't like we wanted it, it just happened.

He massaged the back of his neck, gulped and looked back at the screen while I was looking out at the window. Suddenly, some students-looking people started to enter the bus and the stress suddenly filled my chest. I coughed at the feeling and grimaced. Even Hee Chul stared at me in wonder.

 

Jung Hee Chul-ssi...” I faced him a bit.
Hum?” the boy was obviously stunned I'd ask him anything.
How are the students?” I whispered, sensing eyes on me, obviously because I looked like a stranger...

 

He looked around and sighed, as if he understood what I was fearing. What he did next really surprised me, so much I almost had a heart attack. Jung•Hee•Chul•smiled. He really smiled to me...

 

It will be okay, don't you worry too much.” He nodded comfortingly. I nodded back but frowned in confusion.
I was really lost about him... The day we met, he had been almost a jerk. This morning he treated me as if I was rich-Chance-kid and now, he was all gentle and comforting...

 

He looked like he wanted to say something but shut it anyway, still smiling a bit. I slapped myself ; why aren't you awoken yet, Lia? Wake up! Hee Chul cannot smile. He can just frown! He gave me look but tapped my shoulder in the end, saying we were soon at the university. I bluntly stood up and got a light-head. At the same moment, the bus abruptly slowed down and I stumbled to the center of the bus, about to fall down. It was it when some firm arm caught my waist. I shivered and jumped in surprise (I'm having problems with skinship, sometimes it's alright to me, sometimes I can't stand it AT ALL). I looked up and crossed Hee Chul's fierce stare. He sighed and looked away. He never let me go and we got off the bus in this position.

I swallowed my saliva hard when crossing some students' stares. Hee Chul didn't seem to mind and was just walking with me like this, as if I was a living carpet or a puppet.

 

Hee Chul-ssi...” I whispered awkwardly.
Be more careful. Dong Jun's already there to make problems for you, you don't need to make some by yourself on top of that! Plus I'll be in trouble with Siwan if I don't watch you...” he somewhat advised, lectured or just complained.

He finally let go of my waist and I sighed in relief. However, we were both dumbfounded when we arrived too late at our first classes. So he pretended to walk me to the administration so we wouldn't be in trouble. The rest of the hour, we just spend it blankly on a bench, trying to make a conversation without being too friendly.

 

HAAA!” he suddenly sighed in frustration. I frowned at him, as if he was a madman. “I'm sorry...” he said, defeated.
What?” I asked.
We are... awkward... and I know it's because of the day we met...”
Oh...”
It was not your fault. Not totally...”
Hyung Shik?”
Yes... But also your father's.” I fell silent. “Can I be honest?” I nodded. “I think you are a spoiled child of the Chance Family. I don't really like your father and even if you look nice and all, I can't help and feel mad around you.”
I don't know what Andrei did but I'm not my father...” I mumbled, angry now. How could he even compared me to him? Spoiled? Me? What did he know? “You obviously don't know anything about me.”
I noticed it. You are not like Dong Jun. You said Andrei had never been there to you. You even bound with the innocent Ryeo Wook. But after what happened, I couldn't just talk to you. I know I'm being rude again.”

I shrugged, not knowing again if I should feel good or even more mad at him.

But... we are going to be in the same class. We have a problem with Dong Jun. You are not this bad I guess – I still don't know, I have to know you first. But... we also have to meet Hyde, right? Let just cooperate.” he said and suddenly stared at me.

Again, too stunned to even comprehend all he said, I stared in the space... Was that a good thing? A good sign? I didn't know but I nodded anyway. I remembered how Liu told me to be careful about the boys but I couldn't go like this...

 

Can I ask you a last thing? Did you really steal Dong Jun's ?”
Tell me WHY, why in the world I'd do it? I couldn't even sleep after... ew!” I answered.
I knew it...” he sighed. “I think Dong Jun really didn't put his underwear in your room. Someone else is messing with you...” Hee Chul declared.

 

I silently slapped my cheeks. Great, new problems and enemies ahead AGAIN. I knew it'd happen but still, I was there for three days and it was already like this... Who was on my side? Ryeo Wook, Siwan and Kwang Hee for sure. Hyung Shik... I didn't know anymore. Hee Chul was so so...

We both stood up in silence and headed together to our second class. I picked the same program Hee Chul did, I don't know why. To be honest, even if I didn't really like him and we were awkward, I knew I'd feel at ease with someone I know, even if it's Jung Hee Chul. I couldn't see what at the moment, but something in him was reassuring me. I couldn't admit it.

The day went by slowly. Hee Chul and I talked a lot more than expected. But each time Siwan or KwangHee would join us during the break, we would break apart and act as strangers without realizing it.

Ryeo Wook gave me this for you earlier. He said it was really important.” Siwan handed me a plastic bag.

I looked in and saw another piece of paper. I instantaneously smiled and picked it, « Lia~ah~ I heard tonight you were having a diner with your family. Fighting! Okay? Hyung Shikkie told me it'd be hard but be strong! This is a snack. So, if you feel like leaving the diner, you won't be hungry. Let's meet after, okay? At the library, I'll be with turtle and we'll feed it again~ What should we pick this time? – Ryeo Wook. »

Seriously...” T_T ← it was my face “Why can't it just be Ryeo Wook Oppa again, uh?” I asked myself again for the third time.

The boys frowned at me but I ignored it and ate a piece of kimbimbap. I smiled in delight.

Lia-ah, do you want me to drive you to the restaurant where you are meeting?” Siwan asked.
I think I'd better wait for them to contact me. I don't know where we meet...”
I KNOW WHERE!” KwangHee screamed “I will teach you how to eavesdrop Liu's conversation! Don't worry!” he winked. I laughed at this while Hee Chul pushed him playfully.
Chance Lia!” someone suddenly called my name. I flipped to discover Dong Jun and the whole corridor staring at me, “Be at the university's front entry at the end of the break. Don't go to your last schedules.”
 

With this he turned around and joined his band. Again, Hyung Shik and Tae Hun were in it and Hyung Shik just stared at me. It looked like he wanted to do something but I didn't let him the chance to and turned back to Siwan.

I guess I'm leaving with him...” I whispered, obviously bad to know that.
You don't have to. I don't even know why he'd drive you there. I'll do that, I have the permission anyway.” Siwan said with a smile.
Siwannie just want to sneak out a little bit. Or be with you... OUCH!” KwangHee said before being slapped by his friend.
 

I awkwardly smiled at them and Hee Chul suddenly changed the topic. He looked like he totally didn't care about my family diner and therefore changed the “uninteresting” topic but I felt grateful.
I left them ten minutes after that, Siwan following me closely.

It's okay you know. Don't get in trouble because of this!” I smiled at the boy.
I don't have anything else to do, no more hours here so anyway... Plus, KwangHee is right... I really want to sneak out a bit.” He smiled at me.
You, are you manipulating me to get some time out?” I pretended to ask suspiciously, half joking.
Of course I do!” he joked. “I'm not like this... even if Liu tells you so.” He smiled bitterly.


Ouch... He read my mind as if it was an opened book. I got it, I know you know I don't really trust you. But I do! I thought as we were now walking silently. Once in front of the university, we waited for Dong Jun about three minutes before seeing him...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello readers/subscribers! =)

Another chapter~
It's not this interesting but the I already wrote the next ones and I'm really excited haha! I can't wait to show you them~ XD I don't know if I'm doing well again here but thank you for the comments ♥

I kinda felt depressed these days and I even started doubting my fics... AH! I even thought about stoping to write this one but I like it too much, so I will go on I guess ^O^


I will try to write slowly more about Super Junior in the next chapters but be patient a bit~~ I have to make them entering nicely ^^ khekhekhe~

Well take care ~ ♥
And see you! Please let me know about your thoughts!