Problem 03. And now, we have a Jerk around!

10 millions Ways to love Somebody

Lia had finally fully unpacked and cleaned the room. She added some stuffs to make the room livelier and more personal. Soon after, a knock on the door was heard and a guy popped his head in with a sweet smile. He just told Lia diner was ready and while walking to the dining room, they both talked a bit. His name was Siwan and he was at the Chance’s manor since he was 17. He was now 22! Five years living here with Lia’s father… As if he knew how sensible Lia was about her father, he never mentioned it and lively talked with her until they sat down at the big table.

“Since it’s your first evening here, we decided to all gather around one table for the diner. Usually, we go to another dining room and choose among all the tables. This room is for special event.” He explained as she nodded.

She was sitting in between SyeRa and Siwan. In front, Hyung Sik was always smiling at her times to times or hitting Hee Chul’s arm. Yes, the two boys sat down next to each other, which surprised Lia a lot. Weren’t they always quarrelling? Siwan caught Lia’s look, he explained that the two boys argued while preparing the diner and almost fought. So, Jun Young and SyeRa decided together to punish the two boys by making them sit next to each other for the diner. During the whole time, they had been hitting back, which made you giggle sometimes. You were about to take your dessert when SyeRa finally talked again.

“I will be leaving soon… So I have to tell you something again.” You looked at her. “Here are only half of the boys. You may have heard about Yoon Hae, right? She is with these boys. They’re coming back tomorrow. With her, you will have to watch them carefully. So, I have something for you to know about them…”

SyeRa tried to look for something at the feet of her chair and finally pulled out a laptop.

“Your father left this for you. There is a folder called “BOYS’ FILES”. Just open it and you’ll get all the informations about them. Therefore, you will be prepared enough to watch them.”
“Thank you!”
Lia exclaimed, excited and curious about it.
“Are there data about us too?” KwangHee asked ever so curious and excited, just like Lia.
“Of course…” SyeRa answered, not minding him really much. “Boys, will you do the dishes? I have to leave since it’s getting late. Anyway, Liu will make sure you did them.”
“Okay SyeRa-ssi.”
Siwan answered, tapping KwangHee’s mouth.

The girl bowed and quickly left. Lia looked strangely at her: why was the girl never smiling? Perhaps she was tired… It was strange since she was a nice person. Lia heard the door slammed after a while and there was a pause. Lia was alone, at the table, with the boys. She looked at the empty chair beside her and wished SyeRa was there again. At least, Liu was still at the Manor. However, even if she felt okay with Liu, he was a boy as well.

“Is it okay for you being the only girl?” Hyung Sik asked.
“Ha… Yes, got used to it since I often was the only girl when my friends and I were going out…”
“Are you a tomboy in disguise?”
KwangHee asked, surprised.
“I don’t really know…” she tilted her head to the side before munching again.
“You are starting to work tomorrow, right?” Jun Young asked as Kwang Hee started to smile.
“Y…yes…” Lia looked at the boys suspiciously.
“So… tonight, you don’t have to watch us, right?” Jun Young went on, a smile growing on his lips. She started to laugh.
“As a wise girl, I can let any trouble happen…”
“Oh come on! Just tonight!”
Kwang Hee cheered.
“What are you planning to do?”
“Just some music, karaoke, pop-corn, movies…”

“Eating a bit more…” added Hyung Sik.
“Learning about you…” said Siwan.
“Looking at your laptop!” screamed Kwang Hee as Siwan slapped his head annoyingly.
“This was MY EARS! Aish!” Siwan screamed at him while the boy tried to hug him. After this, Siwan just spent his time trying to escape his friend’s hug. Lia laughed like a mad person.

There is one thing awkward about her: sometimes, Lia’s laugh turns out just like a dolphin’s loud scream… So just imagine her, laughing like this on her chair, while trembling as well.
 
“Wow… your laugh may be even worse than Hee Chul’s!” Tae Hun teased.

The said boy did not even look at him or Lia; he just stood up with some plates and did the dishes along with Hyung Sik.

“You look like you behave well…” Lia said. “I mean, the punished boys did the dishes without anyone telling them…”
“It’s just showing off! Just because you are here, they try to show you they can be wise!”
Kwang Hee shook it off, making her laugh again. “Come; let me look at your laptop with you. Jun Young, put some music please! Hyung Sik, I want some candies! Tae Hun, do you have a good movie? Siwan, will you marry me?” he started to order people around and annoy his friend.
“LIA WILL THINK YOU ARE GAYS!” Hyung Sik screamed from somewhere.
“AISH, stop this Kwang Hee! Don’t misunderstand Lia, he is not serious…” Siwan explained.
“I’M SERIOUS!” Kwang Hee pouted while looking at the screen. Siwan ignored him and the three of you focused on the laptop’s screen.

KwangHee clicked on the folder and then, there was a bunch of Word files. There were tons of names as titles of files. Siwan kicked Kwang Hee out of the front of the computer and let Lia take the place. She was about to click on the named KangIn but Siwan stopped her.

“No need: he is at the army.”
“Oh, that’s right, you’ve got military service here…”
she mumbled. Siwan smiled down at her.
She then clicked at Siwon.

Choi Siwon.
20 years old.
Son of Hyundai’s PDG.
Does not get along with his father since his mother died.
Hates planes and airport from that same event on.
Donates to the Chance’s Manor. He is one of the most intelligent here, refuses to tutor though. He is as well a model. Nobody should hear about him staying at the manor.


“Is that really you? Wow!” Lia asked Siwan.
“No! I’m Siwan, with an “A”” he chuckled.
“Our Siwannie is way better than Siwon!” Kwang Hee said. Lia laughed. “I’m being serious, because SiWON is a model, he shows off so much! I’m a model as well for Siwan’s clothes! Plus Siwan is handsome too!”
“You’re a stylist then Siwan-ssi?”
he nodded at Lia with a small smile. “Wow… so cool.”

Lia clicked on the next one, eager and eager to know about the boys.

Lee Sung Min.
22 years old.
Hyuk Jae’s parents adopted him.
Has a strange liking for pink things. He likes to stick on Hyuk Jae, Siwon and DongHae. He really is sensible. Never leave him alone with KyuHyun.
He is an all-A student.
He ended up here when Hyuk Jae and he argued with their parents.


“What the matter between this Sung Min and Kyu… Hyun?”
“Look at KyuHyun’s file… you will understand…”
Jun Young darkly said behind the three teen.

Cho KyuHyun.
19 years old.
His parents died in strange circumstances.
He has a strong personality, is a bit cold. He likes to bully Sung Min a lot because this one is “weak and annoying”.
He was a member of the council back in the High School days.
Get along well with Siwon.


“Oh… a trouble maker, uh?” Lia nodded to herself…
“Be careful with him… you never know. Make sure he’ll respect you.” Siwan warned.
Lia looked at him as if he was exaggerating. But she saw how serious the boys seemed to be about this KyuHyun.

Lee DongHae.
20 years old.
He had lost his father at 15 and his mother at 17.
It is a sensible topic. He is a hyperactive person; he is quite mature when he wants to. DongHae is always with Hyuk Jae, his best friend. Both are doing some dancing performances at random places.
He hides many things and likes to sneak out of the Manor at nighttimes…

Lee Hyuk Jae.
20 years old.
Argued with his mother and despite his father so much he left their house!
His parents are donators. He was a good person and always ready to do anything. Now he opens up only to some people. DongHae and he are doing some dancing performances at random places.
Just like his best friend DongHae, he likes to sneak out of the Manor.
Wants to be called EunHyuk for some reasons only he and DongHae know…


“They are kind of alike. Aren’t they? DongHae’s story is sad though…” Lia, being Lia, was touched at the third line of his profile.
“Don’t be too touched, DongHae likes to use his background and personality to make people do whatever he wants them to… If he senses your compassion, he will not let you go.” Jun Young rolled his eyes at this.
“Oh…” she mouthed, not able to comment.
“Hyuk Jae isn’t any better. He is hard to understand. Always willing to gather attention and then acting cold…” KwangHee scrunched his nose.

Park LeeTeuk.
26 years old.
He just appeared 4 years ago and never told his real name, nor what happened to him.
He owns now a flat at Seoul. Being an adult, he decided to work at the Manor to help Yoon Hae. However, boys consider him as a big brother.


“He is really cool as a Hyung but he at working here!” Jun Young chuckled.
“Really?” Lia laughed at this.
“Yeah, Tae Hun always has to help him with some dishes to do. Yoon Hae is always ordering him to be bossier with us… He is a gone case!” Kwang Hee laughed along with you after this.

Kim Ryeo Wook.
20 years old.
His father works overseas and his mother works hard as a nurse.
He had to take care of himself. He went through medical issues and still is now recovering. He is at the Manor because he had to leave Jeju for his studies. He could not afford any place to live at.
He is a helpful boy.


“He still is new at the Manor but he hangs out more with his friends from the school…” Siwan commented.
“Oh… I hope he is fine…” Lia murmured.

Kim KiBum.
20 years old.
His father came to the Manor and paid for us taking care of KiBum. This boy was a violent one. Now he is way more obedient and calm. However, he does not talk much.
NEW: Yoon Hae reported KiBum disappeared a day ago.

“…disappeared??” Lia read, shocked.
“Don’t worry too much… This KiBum always runs away from the Manor or school. He would only reappear after a week… Don’t know what’s wrong with him…” KwangHee said.
“Are you sure it’s this?” She asked again.
“If you worry about him being safe or not... You should know nobody would put a finger on KiBum without getting him to break his/her bones!” Siwan assured Lia.
“Oh… I see…”
“Now, she is shocked! I bet she is scared of us as well…”
Jun Young joked.
“I don’t know anything yet about you guys *yawn*… Sorry.”
“You must be tired with the travel and all…”
Siwan was showing obvious concern “You should go to bed now.” He gave you his best smile.
“Don’t you try to put some troubles Siwan by sending her to her room!” someone said at the room’s entrance. There, Liu was standing, watching every young person in the place.
“I’m not. She IS tired.” Siwan answered sharply.
“Siwan-ssi is right… I’m really tired…” Lia cut the discussion, sensing some tension growing in between the two boys. “I’m going to my room. Please, don’t mess too much…”
“Trust me! I’ll be watching them all.”
Siwan said with a smile before glaring at Liu.

With that, Lia left for her room – though, she heard Liu’s voice rising again to answer Siwan’s words but she wasn’t on the mood to listen. On the way up there, she met Hee Chul. The boy froze when their eyes met but Lia never stopped walking. He looked at her going all the way up the stairs. His sharp eyes watched her and the girl had to look away. Really, what was his problem?

While Lia was heading to her room, Hee Chul finally stopped staring at her and looked at the door. The door did make a sound, he was sure about it. Slowly the door opened and a boy stepped into the House. The two boys made eyes contact and both sighed/groaned.

“Already here to piss me off, Hee Chul?”
“Already back here to annoy the whole House, Kim Dong Jun?”
Hee Chul snapped back.

The younger boy glared at the cold person and went in.

“Is the stupid girl already here?” he asked.
“Who and what are you talking about?” Hee Chul pretended he didn’t know. Calling her stupid? Do you already dislike her? Too easy Dong Jun! I will make fun of this…
“My half-sister, stupid!”
“I’m not your dog, nor your servant! Don’t call me stupid! There is no girl here! Since when do you have a half-sister to begin with? Poor girl, anyway, having a half-brother like you… Awful destiny!”

“So I guess, she’s not there…” Dong Jun ignored Hee Chul and went upstairs to get some sleep already.

Hee Chul smirked and followed him, two steps away from him though. Dong Jun never noticed and went in front of his door. Something felt strange but he didn’t pay attention. He turned the knob and opened the door before freezing. His eyes went huge and he opened his mouth.

“YA A STALKER IS IN MY ROOM!” he screamed.

Lia jumped in her bed and faced a boy screaming in Korean. She just got a glimpse of what he was saying and yelped when realising.

“OW!”
“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH”
Dong Jun screamed again.

Soon, all the boys gathered and Hee Chul cracked, falling on the floor laughing.

“Yah! Lia should be the one screaming, a boy entering her room!” Kwang Hee mocked.
“HER ROOM? This is MY room!” Dong Jun protested.
“Haaa, still she should be the one screaming! Why are you acting like a girl? My ears hurt…”
“And you are the one saying this, Kwang Hee? Are you drunk?”
Dong Jun looked at him as if he was a madman “Aish, Hyung… Anyway, it’s not the matter. What are you doing in my room, you?!” Dong Jun pointed to Lia again.
“Andrei told me to take this room.” Lia answered.
“Andrei lets girls go and take my room now?” Dong Jun muttered.
“Are you afraid of girls, Dong Jun?” Hee Chul mocked.
“YOU, YOU better shut up! NOW! You are the one who told me there wasn’t anybody here!” the boy screamed before Liu took his arm and sent him in another room.
“Let’s call it a day! Everyone, time to sleep and I don’t care whether you want or not. End of the day!” Liu screamed. “Hee Chul, you come with me, you’ll help me close everything…”

Hee Chul sighed and followed Liu: obviously, they were not going to only close the house's doors... Soon everyone left for his room but after a while, Lia’s door opened again. The boy from before who entered Lia’s room (or his room) was there.

“I won’t knock on the door: it’s my room, there is no need for me to knock on MY door. See, Hee Chul messed with me: he is in troubles. If YOU mess with me, you know what will happen.”
“Listen, I don’t care about this room, just take it if you want it so bad. I don’t know who you are, whether the leader of the band or something, but I don’t give it a damn-”
“Enough said. I have a headache now. Let’s call it the end. You won’t give me this room: you will cry for me taking it and leaving you alone!”


Lia looked at him as if he had lost his mind.

"Bye, Half-sister!"

With that, he left and slammed the door.

"... Half... HALF WHAT??"