Problem 02. Is this boy already my ennemy? Aish!

10 millions Ways to love Somebody

 

A/N: This chapter won't be this interesting! Just the arriving~
Poster credits to soompi! I'm too lazy to make one myself right now u_u
Thank you brookieboo, I'll try to make the next ones as good then~ Sorry for this one T~T
Thanks Sakura2442 and it's okay Your SyeRa fitted perfectly this story anyway! =) Hope you'll like it!
 

 

“…we’re the all-boys children of Chance’s Manor!”they all shouted, leaving a worried Liu.
“All… boys?” I mumbled, looking at Liu with huge eyes “WHAT?”

I almost stood up in shock. What was this again? Why was I so worried about this story? The ten boys felt silent and none of them answered my question so I stared again at Liu. He was staring at me in wonder.

“You really look like you don’t know… uh?”he asked, looking obviously bad for me.

I was about to shake my head but someone entered the living room again. The girl was stuck with a phone on her ear. She glanced at me before looking at the boys. They stiffed at the sight of the phone and her expression. She didn’t look pleased at all and reached something in her pocket.

“Please excuse-me Lia-ssi. I need to fix something with these boys first…”
“Please, don’t mind us Hoobae-nim~! Have fun greeting her here~”
said KwangHee as he tried to escape.
“Wait. I’m sure you’re the one I should ask this question Hwang KwangHee.” He froze and looked at her. “Do you see this phone here? Isn’t it Yoon Hae-ssi’s?”
“Haaa… Perhaps it is! You girls always forget something, it's cute!”
he tried.
“She is on the other end of my phone, listening to you, so please be careful about lies KwangHee-ssi. Well now... How come I found it ringing in your room?” SyeRa asked.
“Aish! This girl took my phone as well, was it a big deal?” he asked annoyingly.
“So because she grounded you… You did the same to her? Okay, I decided I didn’t have the time to handle this. You will fix it with Yoon Hae-ssi herself. Just to let you know: she had a big problem at the beach with the boys and couldn’t call someone for help just because someone kept her phone…” SyeRa said with annoyance and something close to anger.

I was staring at this scene. It looked like a businesswoman mother nagging her son. I grew more and more uneasy. KwangHee rolled his eyes and sighed. Another boy tapped all the boys’ shoulders and they all followed him outside the room. Leaving me, then, with Liu and the girl I guessed was SyeRa. There was a little pause but it felt so long to me.

“I’m sorry about this. I couldn’t just let it slip away.” She said, while bowing at me.
“No, it’s okay. I understand…” actually… NO, I do NOT understand anything!
“SyeRa-ssi… Lia-ssi, here, looks like she doesn’t know about the Manor’s purpose and her future job and life here…” Liu cut before the girl could start anything.

She looked at me suddenly with somewhat widened eyes.

“Is he crazy to make her come all the way here and not warning her?” she asked, turning her body to Liu who sighed in return, shrugging.

Okay… what was wrong exactly with this manor?

“I guess we will start with this then…” she took a chair next to mine. “My name is Choi SyeRa. I’m 20 and am half-Korean, half-Chinese if you wonder. It has been some weeks since I started to work here, at the Chance’s Manor. This Manor is your father’s property, this one became this last years a successful businessman. For some reasons, when meeting Kim Ha Na, he decided to dedicate a part of his life to lost young people. With help of parents, his new wife and the state, he managed to earn enough money to turn this manor into a youth hostel. Most of the people here don’t have to pay anything but they have to take a job when turning older than 16, in order to help. It’s a last chance for these kids.”

She paused so I could already try to sink in my brain the information she had given. My stupid genitor? Successful? Helping children? When he can even take care of his own kids? How funny! It was already a miracle he was now a married person and helping someone. So, a bunch of children he did not know…

“If this manor is only for boys, it’s only because Mr. Chance said he wouldn’t be able to handle girls properly. Moreover, a manor of this sort already exists for girls only. So now, boys have their own place as well. Kim Ha Na-ssi is the Headmistress of a college, so they arranged themselves to let the boys have a place in the college even if they dropped out of school. They created a special year for them, so they can catch up with things to learn and then entered in a first regular year.”

It was really a cool project. I really couldn’t even believe my father did this. He wasn’t able to take care of me but now, he was doing this for children, uh? I didn’t know if I was softening up because of this or growing more and more upset at him.

“He said I was going to work… Is it here I’m supposed to?” I asked, unsure.
“Yes. Yoon Hae-ssi and I will help you the first days. You will mostly have to make sure the manor is clean, the boys did their work or homework, wake them up and such things. It’s a bit like babysitting. You will be living here as well.”

I nodded and sighed. Thanks goodness I was okay with boys but still. Why this stupid person my so-called father is never told me about this? Ugh! If thoughts could hurt, he would be dead already!
Liu tapped my shoulder gently before looking at the door suddenly. He rolled his eyes, went to it, opened it and three boys fell on the ground because of the sudden gap.

“Aren’t you tired of doing this?” he asked sternly.
“Never!” the boy called earlier KwangHee answered with a bright smile. He looked at me, waved frantically before looking at SyeRa. “So you are Choi SyeRa, right?”

SyeRa frowned while the boy’s smile turned into a devil one. I even shivered at this. He quickly left before getting into troubles again. The two last ones weren’t lucky and fast enough to get away from Liu’s grip.

“Since you’re here Hee Chul and Hyung Sik… You should show Lia-ssi around, uh?” he said with a mischievous smile. He looked back at me, winked and laughed along with me when hearing the boys groaning.

███ Somewhere else:

A boy was lazily resting on his rolling chair. His hands were covering his head.

“Yah! Dong Jun-ah!” a voice raised.
“Oh… Hyung…” the boy answered, his hands falling from his head.
“I have been leaving for only three minutes and already you were sleeping!” the boy on the computer screen laughed at him.
“I wasn’t sleeping!” Dong Jun answered with a sort of pout, glaring at the computer in front of him.

He was having a Skype conversation with his older brother who currently was in Australia.

“Okay okay!” his Hyung said with a squirrel-like smile. “So… you were saying that Andrei’s ((Mr. Chance name)) daughter is going to live at the manor?”
“Yeah…”
Dong Jun grimaced.
“What’s so wrong about it? It’ll be cool to have a little sister around.”
“I don’t want to be involved with him nor with his daughter! I don’t care about them, they aren’t my family.”
He wasn’t looking at the screen anymore.
“You can dislike Andrei as much as you want, it’s not his fault. Mum is happy with him. Can’t you see that? Even if you dislike him…”
“Hate him!”
Dong Jun rectified.
“Yeah, right, even if you ‘hate’ him, you can’t choose for mum and it’s not this girl’s fault. Perhaps she doesn’t like it as well…”
“Then she could stay with her mother! Why suddenly coming here?”
he kicked his foot on the ground and his face was clearly showing anger and annoyance.
“I would love to be there and see her. I have always wanted to have a little sister…”
“I got it! You didn’t want a little brother like me, uh?”
Dong Jun playfully asked, pretending to be hurt.
“You totally got it!” his brother answered mischievously. “Can’t wait for you telling me about her.”
“Since you’re talking about it… Why wouldn’t you come and visit? So you would see her and I could forget about her existence.”
“Dong Jun, promise you won’t be rude!”
“I can’t promise this… I don’t even know how she is!”
“You’re the type to be rude even at first meeting without even letting the person show you his or her personality. Promise just you will make some efforts.”
“When are you coming~?”
Dong Jun tried to change the topic. His brother sighed.
“I don’t know yet… I still have some things to do here. I will tell you this as soon as I fixed everything.” Dong Jun nodded at these words. “Dong Jun-ah, I have to go now!”
“Okay. Same here, anyway! I’m going to the manor since dad can’t take care of me for the weekend. A weekend and a full week at the Chance’s Manor: Great!”
He let his head fall backwards.
“Stop pretending, you have Tae Hun and Hyung Sik there! Anyway, I’m off! See you!”
“See you!”


Dong Jun glared at the computer after the conversation. ‘Why are you already siding her, Hyung? You don’t even know about her… Aish! Stupid Big Brother Syndrome!’ he thought. He stood up, took his bag and his keys, he texted his father telling him he was already leaving and entered the cab waiting for him already.

███ Hee Chul’s POV:

At first, I wasn’t so happy about showing Lia-ssi around. And no matter how gentle she looked like. I’m happy a girl is going to live here because girls are understanding. They are fun to tease as well and being only with boys 24/24h, 7/7d is somewhat boring and driving me crazy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a ert! I just had always liked to have a girl’s presence around me. However, this one was a Chance, Mr. Chance’s daughter. Why is this a problem? I do not really like Mr. Chance. There’s something wrong with him even if I don’t really know what. So, of course, I’m not too pleased to live at his manor but there are no other choices left for me. Until we find my parents… It has been a year already since they went missing and I’m not stupid, I know they wouldn’t be found now. I was so mad, knowing this, and decided to put this anger on Mr. Chance.
I should feel the same about his daughter but… I could not help and have a good feeling about her. It was seriously getting on my nerves to feel so okay with her when I hated her father, so I acted cold.

“Where were you living before Lia-ssi?” asked Hyung Sik suddenly as we were leading her to her room.
“In Europe… I lived in England some days, then we moved to France.” Wow…
“Wow, so cool! Why weren't you living with Mr. Chance here?”
“We used to live together in France but … my mother left with me. He left for other countries like this and I have never seen him again.”


Her tone was natural. Even if she was telling a sad thing, it felt as if it was natural to her. I felt bad suddenly. She wasn’t looking sad at all, though… Why?

“You never wanted to visit him here?” Hyung Sik asked again, being the curious child he was. She chuckled.
“I never knew where he went to. He really just left the country and never contacted me after…”
“Never? Not even to make sure you were okay, didn't need money or someone to talk to?”
“I don’t want to say bad things about this man who helps you…”
she said, letting us know the answer.

Never contacted? Not even to help them? Not even for money? Now her face was showing only coldness. He hurt her. For sure he did. I knew something was wrong with him! Helping children here and there, and not being able to do anything for his wife and daughter? I remembered my mother, being a social worker, heard billions times this kind of stories of a man leaving his family. She hated them, so did my father, they both told me to never do this to my future wife. Therefore, I grew up hating these people as well. If only my parents knew their friend, Mr. Chance, was one of these disgusting people!

I was frowning as if I was to hit someone. Feeling eyes on me, I looked at my side. Lia and Hyung Sik were staring at me.

“Jung Hee Chul! Are you okay? It’s the third time I’m asking you already!”
“Oh… Yeah, it’s okay.”
I mumbled.
“You are being so rude! Not even listening to Lia, not talking, ignoring us and being as moody as always! Can’t you make some efforts?” Hyung Sik argued. I sighed and glared at him.
“It’s okay!” Lia interfered.
“Hum…” Hyung Sik wasn’t stopping to stare at me though. I ignored him first before glaring again at him.
“Anyway, here is your room!” I said to Lia, gesturing nonchalantly to the door, not wanting her to be involved. “Won’t you stop looking at me? My skin hurts already with your dirty eyes on me!”

With this spatted at Hyung Sik, I left, heading to the staircases at the other end of the corridor. 'Stupid! He doesn't understand me, does not even try to!'

███ Lia’s POV:

I looked at the moody boy’s figure walking away before disappearing. I tried my best not to sigh. I just arrived and already, there were problems. If I was about to work with them, it wasn’t a good start…

“Please don’t feel bad about this. He is always like this. Especially with me, we don’t get along at all… So, it’s really not your fault.”
“Oh…”
was all I could say.
“Well, I hope we will have fun together! I will be leaving you now; I have to help making the dinner. So you can settle down!” he smiled at me cutely.
“Thank you a lot… I’m sorry, what is your name again?”
“Hyung Sik! How old are you?”
“I’m 19.”
“So it’ll be Hyung Sik Oppa for you!”
his smile widened as he was staring intensively at me from his height. Dear, he was tall! “Well, I’m leaving this time! Don’t hesitate to call anyone for help, but I’d be glad if you would call me especially~”

He made a cute face and ran away. I stayed there for some seconds, looking at his figure before chuckling. This boy had to be the flirt of the whole band! I entered my room and my eyes grew wide at the sight! It was just perfect and I was already eager to fill it with my stuffs. But first, I fell down on the bed and looked at the so-high ceiling.

“Jung Hee Chul or something... Are we already having a problem or is it just me? Are you already my ennemy? Aish! I really needed this, uh?” I covered my face and decided to hurry and unpack a bit...