Problem 01. All boys Children...

10 millions Ways to love Somebody

A/N: Poster credits to the one who made it TwT I don't know your name~

SyeRa was at the gates of the Chance’s Manor. She sighed, thinking of the mess inside of it after glancing at her watch: 4:10PM. She was going to spend two hours in this all-boy-hell! According to the time, all of the boys almost came back from school and after such an awful day of working, on a Friday… of course they would try to enjoy their free time the fullest. Meaning SyeRa will have LOTS if not TONS of things to do. She wasn’t sure she would survive after the two hours… however, she entered the propriety before being late at her work. But right when she made a step toward, somebody yelled at her. She shivered as she recognized the voice. It was the voice of the most dangerous boy in this Youth Hostel… the craziest person in South Korea and maybe in the whole Asia… Why not even the craziest person of this world? No! SyeRa was definitely the craziest of this world to be even still working at this place with this mental! Hwang KwangHee…
She sighed again, looking at the boy who had finally caught up with her. He was breathless.

“Aren’t you… *breathe* at our *breathe* ugh, college?” he asked between breaths.
“Yes I am…” she trailed off. What did he want?
“What *breathe* are you doing *breathe* here, then? *breathe* Ah! Right! You are the girl from the cleaning and tutoring, uh?”

He straightened up, making her realize how tall he was even though SyeRa was not short. He smiled widely, happy to remember. She simply nodded in response, not really understanding what he wanted yet. His face scrunched.

“How could you arrive this early? Aish!” he asked.
“I took the bus…” she plainly answered. He groaned.
“Missed it… Look, I was supposed to come back an hour before…” he trailed off.
“Weren’t you grounded?” she suddenly asked. A 22 years-old boy, needed to be grounded! Where the world is going to?
“Haaa… You know about this…” KwangHee sighed, massaging his neck. “However, at 4PM, we need to interphone the guardian to enter and if he sees me, he won’t let me in since I’m one hour late.”
“So you want to enter with me?” he smiled widely at her. “I’m supposed to help Mr. Chance, not you guys…” she said awkwardly but ended up taking her pass to enter anyway with the boy.
“Thank you a lot hoobae-nim!” he nodded his head like a maniac with his brilliant smile.

He ran into the house, though, as if he was some kind of thief. She stared blankly at him and decided she had better to do. She went another way to enter the big Manor. She walked pass the marvelous front garden, took a little way to the side of the manor, went in an alley and found a back door where she finally stopped. She breathed in before putting the key in and stepping in the room. It was one of the kitchens and nobody was there usually at this hour. However, her eyes went wide open when she discovered her boss there.

“I was waiting for you SyeRa-ssi.” He smiled at her, making her uneasy. Something with Mr. Chance was wrong but she couldn’t put a finger on it.
“Is something wrong Mr. Chance?”
“Actually, I just have two things to ask you…”
he trailed off, waiting for any reaction. But he remembered how hard it was to earn something of the sort from SyeRa so he just smiled.
“SyeRa-ssi, ex-wife had health problems a while ago, she was living by herself with my daughter. It had been around forteen years when I last heard about them… but in these conditions, my daughter would not have lived peacefully. She’s only 19 and has many problems, so they called me. I’ll make it short now: she is going to live and work here. You perfectly know how hard it is to live with the boys so if you could help her around, it’d be great. I’ll pay you a little more for this, don’t you worry!”
“It will be okay mister, it’s just helping out a coworker.”
“No, really. Moreover, there is something else. I bet you heard about Hwang KwangHee?”
She gulped. He couldn’t know already about her letting him in… “He is really becoming a trouble. He has always been but this boy is twenty-two now. It’s time for him to know how to behave. What is the meaning of this Manor if not? Therefore, I want you to have an eye on him and teach him how to behave. You will not have to look for the other boys if it is too much work, I know it’s hard to follow KwangHee.”
“But who will look after the others, then?”
SyeRa asked, not sure she did want to ‘babysit’ Hwang KwangHee.
“My daughter when she will be ready. And Yoon Hae will be coming back soon from the school trip, so she would be there to help as well. Is it okay then?”

Mr. Chance’s piercing eyes were studying her and she felt like she could NOT say no. So, she reluctantly nodded. He smiled and told her to go to work now. It was her last day doing her little task… The next day, she was starting to babysit the devil! Why her? She sighed and went to work. When she saw KwangHee smiling happily at her – so thankful for her help – she just walked past him without a word or a glance.

███ KwangHee’s POV:

‘What’s wrong with this girl? Didn’t she see me? Haaa… Moody people, uh?’ he thought to himself.

He walked towards the stairs. He was going to go in his room when he heard Mr. Chance talked to someone. KwangHee stopped at his office’s door and tried to eavesdrop.

“Now it’s okay, Liu. You won’t have to look after Hwang KwangHee anymore at school. Our Choi SyeRa will. Yes, somebody really needs to handle this boy and to show him some manners *pause*. Exactly! Now, I just want you to do something else, concerning my problems.”

KwangHee sighed at this. What’s with this idea of someone teaching him manners and all? He didn’t need a nagging grandma around him, even at school: embarrassing AND annoying. He was about to leave to find out who this Choi SyeRa was but…

“It’s my daughter. She is only 19 and is going to live here, with the boys. Could you watch over her as well? *pause* Thank you a lot, Liu. Could you drive her here today? Yeah, I have to leave the manor already in two hours and need to fix my stuffs. *Pause* Okay, thanks again. Incheon Airport, her flight number… Wait a second! The flight’s number is BA2490 ((random)). Okay.”

KwangHee’s eyes went huge and he ran away from the door quickly before getting caught, stumbling numerous times. He arrived in his room and reach for a talkie-walkie. He right away called for a boy’s name and told him to gather the boy in the study room. And believe it when I say it was not for studying at all! He ran out of his bedroom to the study room, stumbling again randomly because of random things on the floor.

“AISH! This place really needs to be neater…” he complained, still running upstairs. When he reached the door, nine boys were waiting eagerly for him.
“SO? WHAT’S HAPPENING?” they all screamed in unison.
“Shhh!” KwangHee shushed them and sat down like a prince… or a princess… “Water, please!” he asked as if he was some of master.

Siwan smacked his head. “Stop playing around!”
“But I’m not playing, Siwannie~”
he whined, tugging on the other boy’s shirt.
“Just spill it out already!” Tae Hun pushed him gently.
“I can’t talk with a dry throat.” He answered preciously.
“What are you doing right now, silly?” Siwan asked back, glaring.
“Okay but just for you my Siwannie.” The concerned boy groaned. “Well, a girl is going to live with us!” he proudly announced.
“Is this for real?” Hee Chul pushed everybody to reach KwangHee and look at him in the eyes.
“Why are you always this excited when it’s about girls… you never talk usually…” mumbled Jun Young, staring at the boy. Hee Chul pretended he never heard.
“How come a girl is going to live here?” asked Siwan.
“I don’t really know… I just heard she was Mr. Chance’s daughter.” Some boys groaned. “What was that?”
“Mr. Chance is old, around 58. His daughter must be around 30 already!”
said Hyung Sik.
“Of course… he would never let a young girl stay with boys…” said Jun Young.

KwangHee smiled, knowing perfectly she was 19. But never had he told the boys. He shrugged and left to his room. Siwan frowned at this and guessed something was fishy so he followed KwangHee with a childish cute smile.

███ “Liu’s” POV:

It has been ten minutes since she first touched the Korean’s ground. I was waiting for her nervously. Why was I nervous? If I got this job, it’s because Mr. Chance trusts a boy like me… but I’m not a boy. I’m not “Liu”. My name is Amber Liu. I know how much complicated my condition is. But it’s not a problem for my boss; he would trust me even if he were to learn I’m a girl… Nevertheless, he would never let a girl work like this, as a bodyguard. I sighed. Boys at the manor and school were blind enough for not making the difference. However, perhaps a girl, just like Mr. Chance’s daughter, would make the difference after spending some time together. My acting then had to get better and that was the reason why stress was flooding my whole body.
I was about to check time again just to make sure I wasn’t early but I saw a figure wondering around. She was a quite tall girl and was skinny but not too much. Her eyes were even bigger than they were already since she was impressed by the unknown place. I chuckled: it was quite funny. Her hairstyle consisted in two quite long braids falling on each side of her face. Though, she wasn’t that girly. It was a relief: I wouldn’t stand a Barbie-like girl! She was wearing a black t-shirt under a blue check shirt. A black slim to cover her long legs and rangers boot. Pretty cool and it was fitting the description that Mr. Chance had given me.

“Excuse-me, by any chance… are you Lia Chance?” I asked, stopping her in her tracks.
“Hum… yes…” she was surprised, obviously.
“Please, call me Liu. Your father sent me to fetch you since I’m familiar with English.” She nodded with a shy smile and here it started.

She was looking at me suspiciously and I felt I was going crazy. Was she pondering whether to escape or not from me? Because, she may have been thinking I was a dangerous person or a liar… Or did she know already I’m a girl? ARGH!

███ Lia’s POV:

Stupid father. He had never been there for me in forteen years and he couldn’t even move his to fetch me? I felt like turning around and go back in the plane until somebody let me come back home! However, it would not even make sense. I agreed with this, not because of my stupid genitor, no, just for me. So he can do whatever he wants! I will care only about mom and me.
Now, this Liu… Was this person a boy or a girl? I’m so confused, the person is dressed like a boy, talks like a boy, has somewhat boyish looks but still… there’s a girly feeling. She/he looks effeminate. Well, many boys nowadays are like this. How to know? I couldn’t just ask her… I may have always tried to be straightforward… But in some cases, I just could not.

“How should I call you?” I asked her or him.
“Just Liu is alright. Let’s say I’m your first friend here so better be at ease with each other, uh?”

GREAT! Couldn’t this Liu just say “Unnie” or “Oppa”…? Wait, if only if she/he was older… Why was I making such a big deal of this? I hopped in the luxurious car and looked out the window without any other word. About twenty or thirty minutes later, we were in front of an impressive property. I almost chocked on my air. He wasn’t joking when he told me he owned a manor. Liu stopped the car and helped me out of it. I didn’t even had time to look some more at it because an old man almost ran our way. He stopped right in front of me and studied me with amazement.

“You are all grown up now…” he whispered with a pleased smile.

I froze. So it was really him? This old man? My father was this fifty and more years-old man…

“What a shame I don’t have the time…” he mumbled while I wasn’t able to speak a word. “Thank you Liu! You sure are a help. Please young boy, would you lead my daughter in the manor, uh? Lia… I… I will talk to you right when coming back. Please make you at home.”

He quickly ran to the gates where another black car was waiting for him. Soon, I was left again with this Liu. “Young Boy”… So, that was a boy after all… I nodded to myself. He led me inside and called for a SyeRa. But, instead of a young woman, as predicted by Liu, two heads popped behind the living room’s door.

“It’s her!” One said excitedly.
“Wow, she doesn’t look old at all…” the other one added.

Right after this comment, eight another heads tried to peek in the room before Liu opened the door widely. The two first boys fell flat on the floor while the others stumbled. I couldn’t help but laugh at them.

“I guess you’re meeting the “orphans” first then…” Liu sighed.
“The… orphans?” I asked.
“Yes, we’re the all-boys children of Chance’s Manor!” they all shouted, leaving a worried Liu.
“All… boys?” I mumbled, looking at Liu with huge eyes “WHAT?”

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

This is it for the first chapter! =)