Fish Out of Water

His Beautiful-Bodyguard

JESSICA’S POV

 From a distance, I already spotted Donghae and Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk is inside the car and Donghae is standing outside the car.

As I walk my way towards them, some of the girls passed by Donghae, all of them smiled, and greeted him with a flirtatious ‘Hello’.

And Donghae even greeted them back with a smile!

I rolled my eyes and felt disgusted. I walked faster.

“Sica!” Eunhyuk shouted as he saw me.

Donghae immediately turned his head to my direction and a smile flashed in his face.

“Hey Hyuk!” I greeted Eunhyuk back and ignored Donghae.

“Can I have a hello or hi or hey?” Donghae commented.

“Hey” I said with no expression at all.

“What did I do this time?” he complained like a child.

“Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just keep waving hi and flashing smiles to girls passing by”

Actually, I did not expect that I would respond that.

I really don’t know what I’m thinking when I said that.

Donghae suddenly flashed his wide childish smile with accusing eyes.

Eunhyuk is also making his gummy smile.

“Just pretend I’m not here” Eunhyuk said with a meaningful look in his eyes.

“Stop smiling and stop looking at me like that”

“Why do you have a problem of me waving and smiling to girls?” Donghae stepped forward towards me, making the distance between us narrower.

“I don’t.” I firmly stated without looking at his eyes.

“Really?” he started to tease me.

“Stop it” I softly hit his arms.

“Ok. Fine” he raised his two hands then looked at other direction.

A minute of silence passed….

“By the way, you know that project we have, the one that needs a partner?” I asked shyly.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Nothing. I just think of it. You probably have a partner already right?”

I was really thinking of asking him to be my partner, you know, just to make the project easier because we live in one house.

It’s for the sake of the project and it’s not because I really want him to be my partner.

That’s the truth…… I guess.

But then, I realized that maybe some of the girls already asked him.

“Uhmm.. partner? Uhmm… yeah yeah. I already have one.” He answered.

“That’s….. great”

I don’t know why I felt disappointed when he said yes.

“And you?”

“Actually, I was….”

 “SICA!!”

I turned my back to see who’s calling my name.

“Jonghyun?”

He was running and as he reached me, he was still gasping for air.

“Do you have anything to say?” I asked.

“Uhmmm…. I’m just wondering if… if…. Can you be my project partner?” he blurted with hands pleasing.

“Ahmmm. Since I don’t’ have one....., Sure”

“YES! Thank you! Can I have your number? You know, so we can communicate about the project. ”

I nodded and we exchange phone numbers.

“Are you two done yet?” Donghae interrupted.

I turned to look at Donghae.

Why does he look like he’s about to punch someone?

“Hae! You’re also here!” Jonghyun noticed and greeted Donghae.

“Of course I’m here” Donghae responded coldly.

Those looks and attitude are the same one he had when I first met Jonghyun.

What is his problem with Jonghyun?

 “So when can we meet to make the project?” I turned to Jonghyun before unpleasing event could happen.

“It’s up to you” Jonghyun smiled.

His eyes were glued to me.

I softly chuckled because he looks like a puppy impressing its master.

“Okay, next week then” I replied while still smiling.

“You are so beautiful when you smile” Jonghyun complimented and flashed a smile.

“Thank you. Go now, your friends might have been looking for you”

“Okay. Thank you and see you later” he waved a very childish goodbye and then made his way to the others who’s waiting for him not that far from our place.

When Jonghyun left after how many minutes......

“ ’You are so beautiful when you smile’ pssshh. “ Donghae mumbled and copied how Jonghyun have said it before then rolled his eyes.

“Do you have any problem with Jonghyun?”

“I won’t waste my time on him” he coldly respond then leaned on his car.

“Okay, then I won’t waste my time with you anymore because I need to go somewhere else. Besides, I was just gonna give this water to Eunhyuk”

I opened my bag and held out a bottled water then gave it to Eunhyuk.

“Thank you Jess. Donghae is too lazy to buy me one” Eunhyuk happily grab the water.

“Wait, I saw another bottle in your bag. Are you not gonna give it to me?” Donghae pointed at my bag.

Maybe he saw it when I opened it to get the first one.

“I was gonna give it to you but then I changed my mind”

I shrugged my shoulders then walked away waving goodbye to Eunhyuk.

Ugh… Donghae is such a childish jerk.

Why can’t he just tell me his problem? Why does every time Jonghyun’s around, he will transform into a cold jerk?

I bought some water for the both of them but I only gave one to Eunhyuk. Leave the fish behind.

DONGHAE’S POV

“Wow, this water is great” Eunhyuk exaggerated while annoyingly drinking.

“I’m not jealous of your water” I scoff.

What is he trying to do, make me jealous with the water Jessica gave him while she gave nothing for me? pssshhh….

“You’re not jealous of my water, but you’re jealous because Sica gave me water. Admit it Hae!”

Eunhyuk hit my arms and continued teasing me.

I just ignored him.

What!! I’m not jealous because Sica gave him water. So what? I could just get some on my own.

And that Jonghyun!

Can he just stop showing off, especially when I’m around.

He even need to compliment ‘You are so beautiful when you smile’ to Jessica.

Well……..

actually……,

She really does beautiful when she smiles. 

She’s even beautiful when she laughs.

And she really have beautiful eyes that twinkles.

Sometimes I will even forget she’s my bodyguard because how of lovely she is.

And……..

“Donghae, what’s with the smile?” I came back into reality as I heard Eunhyuk’s voice.

“Smile?” I asked.

“Yeah. You suddenly smiled” Eunhyuk look at me confusedly.

I didn’t even noticed that I smiled.

Did I just smile because of Jessica?

Did I just think that she’s lovely?

What am I thinking? Pabo Donghae! Pabo!

“Forget about that” I said shortly.

“Ok, by the way who’s your partner for the project?”

“Partner?”

“Yeah, you just told Jessica that you have a partner”

I almost forget about that!

I actually don’t have a partner yet. I don’t also know why I lied to Jessica that I have a partner.

“Uhmmm,,, partner… my partner….”

The suddenly…

“Donghae, can you be my partner?”

Sunye came out all of the sudden.

I nodded immediately. Sunye screeched then gave me a flying kiss before walking away.

“My partner is Sunye” I told Eunhyuk.

“Seriously?” Eunhyuk have that pathetic look that really says ‘seriously’.

“Yeah. Didn’t you just see?”

“You don’t have partner before Jessica asked you, but you said you have. What’s wrong with you? Jessica might have asked you to be her partner. Don’t you realize that? She must have been disappointed when you told her that you have a partner. But you don’t have one!” he was waving and swaying his hands in the air to be more dramatic.

“Do you really think she’s disappointed?” I suddenly became interested.

“Yeah. Probably. Why?”

“Nothing” I shook my head then look at the empty air.

Is she really disappointed?

Wait, was she really going to ask me to be her partner?

Too late, she already said sure to Jonghyun and I’m stuck with Sunye.

I just sighed and shook my head. Pabo Donghae! Pabo!

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I do not how to begin this apology. I am so sorry for updating waaaaay too late. I was so busy with school projects and exams. I know excuses won't help but I hope you understand. Anyway, I am back with this chapter and I really really hope you like it. I will try my best to continue working on this and pursue my other ideas. I think this is quite long enough, so... Kamsahamnida for reading!! <3