Comfort to Offer

His Beautiful-Bodyguard

NO ONE’S POV

Donghae stared on the ceiling as he lay down on his bed.

He still can’t get over the fact that once again, he almost got killed. That’s why he is so thankful that he had Jessica with him right at that moment.

Jessica saved him.

Well, it is her job to protect him but he still needs to be thankful. It’s like he feels so protected whenever she’s around.

He chuckled softly as he realizes what he is thinking.

“I even underestimate her at first. I owe her an apology,” he said to himself.

………………………

Jessica keeps on looking at Donghae’s closed room.

She knows he’s still tired and need some rest. It’s just normal for people to get stress and worried after a nerve-racking incident. She hopes he’s okay. 

She never felt this worried on a client before. Maybe because of the fact that he’s the presidential son, she thought.

She proved him wrong. She can protect him.

“I can protect him” she said to herself and smiled a little.

 

JESSICA’S POV

It has been weeks after the incident. So far, the enemies did not make a follow attack yet. I already reported to Mr. President and he said that he would see if there is anything, he could do. That’s why me and Donghae need to be more careful, because we will never know when will the next attack be. 

Since that incident, I noticed how Donghae became quiet most of the time. He talks to me sometimes but he mostly lacks himself in his room.

No classes for this day that’s why we are just here in the house.

Donghae is in his room as usual. I am in the kitchen helping ahjumma(our maid) in the cooking duties.

“Did you talk with Donghae already?” she asked.

“About what?”

“We both know that there is something wrong with him. Maybe a little comforting can do” she advices.

That is another thing I really like about ahjumma. She always give an advice.

“Yeah. Maybe that can do. I’ll talk to him later” I answered.

“No. Talk to him now. You can leave me these works” she gathered all the ingredients I’m preparing.

“Are you sure? I want to help you in cooking”

“Jessica dear. Don’t be offended, but I think cooking is not for you” she told me honestly.

I just laughed. That’s true. I’m not meant for cooking.

“It’s okay. I admit that. That’s why you need to teach me later on” I joked but at the same time, I also really want to learn. “Well, I guess I better go talk to him. I think it’s better if I will also bring him juice. Is that okay?” I asked ahjumma.

“Why do you still need to ask me? Go there and make him some” she smiled.

After making juice, I went to Donghae’s room. I knock first.

“It’s open” I heard him from inside.

I opened the door and went inside. And as I entered, all I was able to do was gasp.

He is there sulking in a corner listening to music. His hair is kind of mess-up that made him look rugged and strong. The sleeves of his shirt were folded upward to his shoulder that shows me his arms and muscles.

There’s a certain impact that went on me that I don’t even know. He removed his earphones as he saw me.

“I… I prepared you some juice” I gave him the juice and went back to where I am standing before. Maybe he is still affected by the incident because his face still shows…..

......Sadness and worries.

“Thanks” he offered me to sit at the chair beside him. “What brought you here?” he stares at me carefully. He looks at me with those dark brown eyes.

I saw how he looks at me from head to toe, especially at my face, like he is examining my features. He keeps staring at me. Like he’s looking right through me.

“Okay. Uhmmmm.. Since that… that… that incident… you became so…..so quiet. You know, I…. I under…. understand wha..what you are going through” I can’t help to stutter because of unease. I can’t look directly at him.

“You know I can understand you more if you will talk properly” he smiled but it looks more to me like a smirk.

“Sorry. I just want to know if you have any problems. I’m just here and you can talk to me” this time, I tried to go back to myself.

“Ah. Thank you for that. I’m just worried and still confused of what’s happening. You know, why they keep on threatening me? How will that affect my father’s job?” He shook his head because of confusion. He placed the juice on his table.

I’m right, there is something bugging him all these times.

“Donghae, you’re dad might hide you as his son but that’s just because he wants to protect you. He knows that you will be in danger once they know about you. And about how it can affect him? You are his weakness. He will never be focus on his job as long as he knows that you are not okay. Stop worrying about the attacks. As I always say to myself, just be prepared, and I’m here to protect you remember? ” I explained to him with sincere.

I know what’s it’s like not to have that someone. I hope this can help him to feel strong.

 I was shocked when he suddenly grabs my shoulders and hugs me!

“Thank you Sica. I forgot to thank you for protecting me last time. I’m sorry for underestimating you. Now I know you are the right bodyguard” he said while still wrapping his arms around me.

“That’s okay. It’s my job” I answered. I can’t understand why does my heart beats so fast.

There’s that sudden feeling that made me slowly hug him back. When I did that, his hug became tighter.

We stay like this for how many seconds. We instantly moved away from each other when we heard the door open. Then we saw ahjumma step inside.

“Oh, I’m sorry to disturb you two. I just want to inform that the food is already prepared” I can see the playful smile on her face.

“That’s a fast cooking” I told her to revive from embarrassment.

“Give us a minute and we’ll follow you later on” Donghae said with his usual childish smile.

I suddenly smiled. I’m glad that his already back.

Ahjumma stepped out of the room with eyes that are teasing me. I just ignored her.

“Is there something you still want to talk about?” I asked Donghae.

Instead of answering, he once again hugged me!

“Wha….what’s with the hug???”

“I know you care for me, you just can’t admit it” he said with his full blast of self confidence.

I was automatically shocked of what he said.

“Yah!!!” I pushed him, stood up and threw a pillow right on his face.

“Hey! I was just joking!!” he laughed.

“I can see that you are back to your own self now. Ahjumma is waiting for us. So, stand up there!” I immediately stepped outside the room.

But then, I decided to take a peek at him once more.

“Fish!” I called him, stuck my tongue out, and hurriedly ran!

“Stop calling me that!” I heard his childish whining.

I kept on laughing while making my way to the kitchen. I am so glad that he’s now back to his old self. I am glad that he is now okay. :)

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I am still sitting on my bed. I look like a fool because I keep on smiling. I was not able to smile like this since that incident because of so many worries.

She’s right, I’m now back to my old self. Thanks to you Jessica.

Then suddenly, my phone rang. Eunhyuk is calling.

“Hi HyukJae! Anything you want to ask?” I answered in a happy voice.

“Ahm yeah. What’s wrong with you right now???” maybe he’s confuse why I sound so happy.

“Nothing. There’s nothing wrong with me. I am soooo okay” I answered.

“I can tell that you are sooooo okay. May I know the reason?”

“Actually, I don’t know. I suddenly felt so happy”

“You are a crazy man. Well that’s good, atleast you’re happy now. You’ve been so serious this past few days” he noticed.

“Yeah. I’m glad to be back. I’ll just call you later” and ended the call.

I haven’t eat yet but I already feel so energetic. Why am I this happy??

Is it because of Sica?? I don’t know.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good to be back!!! For the nth time, I'm sorry again for late updates. I'm working on something new and you will find out soon, but for today, here's the new chapter for this story. Hope you still like to read it because love is now developing . Comments are my favorite things to read, so...... pleaaassse comment and also subscribe! Thank you guys and keep the love going! <3