Chapter 7

Spotlight

 

Well that turned out much longer than intended. OMG I'm so Myungsoo biased. I'm sorry those of you who are L.Joe biased. But I was anticipating this chapter for a while now and I just got a little carried away >.< But I hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And we're clear," the PD yelled.

You let out a sigh and stood up from your stool. After haphazardly folding your blanket you used to cover your legs during the recording, you carefully walked down the different tiers of seats, bowing to your sunbaes as you passed.

"______-sshi!"

You turned around to see L weaving his way through the stools and other celebrities towards you.

"Oh, L sunbae," you gave him a bow.

"Hey," he flashed a heart stopping smile, "Great job today."

"Thank you, you too," you laughed, "Your story with Sunggyu sunbae was really funny! I wasn't surprised that you two won."

"That was all hyung," L shook his head, "But you were really good for your first time! I didn't know you were scouted while singing norebang."

You let out an embarrassed laugh, "Thank you, sunbae."

"So, um," L cleared his throat, "Should we get going?"

Your eyes lit up, remembering that the two of you were going to go get coffee after the filming.

"Oh! Right! Let me just give this to my manager," you held up the blanket and gave L a smile as you turned in the direction of your manager.

"Okay, I'll wait here," L nodded.

"I'll be right back," you gave him a nod and walked up to your manager as he got off the phone.

"Wow, first L.Joe, now L," he smirked as he took the blanket from you and handed you your purse and jacket, "You are just on a roll, aren't you?"

"Shut up," you narrowed your eyes at him, causing him to chuckle, "That thing with L.Joe wasn't even a date."

"And this one is?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Kind of," you mumbled as you turned around and started to make your way back to L who was still in the same spot.

"Text me if you need anything," he called after you.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," you threw over your shoulder and gave him a wave.

"All ready?" L asked as you stepping in front of him.

"Mmhmm!" you nodded.

"Okay, let's go," L chuckled at your excitement and led you out of the studio.

---

"Have you ever been here before?" L asked you as he helped you out of the van.

You shook your head as you read the sign over the door. It was a name that you have never heard of.

L gave his manager and Sunggyu a wave before they drove off.

"I'm not surprised, they're not really popular but their coffee is amazing," he said, turning his attention back to you.

"I'm excited," you giggled and walked towards the door, trying to get out of the chilly winter air as soon as you could.

"Me, too," he grinned as he held the door open for you.

The smell of freshly ground coffee beans and newly baked pastries washed over you as you stepped through the door. If winter was to ever have a smell, this would be it.

"Do you … like it?" L asked nervously as he watched you look around the small café.

"It's adorable," you sighed dreamily, admiring the Christmas decorations.

L laughed and guided you to the front of the register.

"Omo! Myungsoo-ah!" an elderly women gasped, "Yeobo, looks is Myungsoo!"

A small elderly man poked his head over the cappuccino machine and smile.

"Myungsoo-ah!" he laughed before going back to brewing a coffee for a costumer.

You looked up at L to see him smiling at them.

"Hi halmoni, harabeoji," he greeted with a small bow.

'He must be pretty close to them,' you thought to yourself.

"Where are the other?" the woman asked, "Do they have schedules?"

L nodded and her lips formed into a thin line.

"You boys always work too hard," she shook her head but stood straight up when her eyes landed on you, "Omo, who is this?"

"This is ______," L introduced you and you gave her a bow and a smile, "She just debuted as a solo artist."

"Oh, congratulations," she gave you a genuine smile, "So, dear, what would you like?"

"Oh, ummm," your eyes scanned across the menu that was up against the wall behind the register.

"Order whatever you want," L whispered in your ear, "My treat."

You looked up and gave him a smile before turning back to the women behind the register, "Okay, I'll have the peppermint mocha."

"Okay," she punched a few buttons on the register, "What about you Myungsoo-ah? Americano?"

"I'll just have what she's having," he said as he pulled out his wallet.

You glanced around the shop as L paid the women. When you looked back, you say the women chuckling and L's face starting to turn red. L shook his head and walked towards you as you gave them a questioning look.

"Come on," he said as he took you by the hand and steered you away from the register and towards a table.

You felt your face start to warm as you glanced down at your interlocked hands.

L led you to a table towards the back of the café. It wasn't next to the window, but near enough that you could still see people pass by on the street.

"Thank you for bringing me here, L sunbae," you said after the two of you sat down.

"Oppa," he corrected.

"Huh?" you tilted your head to the side.

L let out an embarrassed laugh, "You can call me Myungsoo oppa if you want."

"Oh," you mouthed, your cheeks starting to turn pink.

"I just thought that we should drop the honorifics since we're on a date," he bit his lower lip and stared down at the table.

"Oh, this is a date?" you asked, feigning confusion.

You stifled a laugh when L looked up with wide eyes.

"Oh! I don't know," he started to panic, "I just thought -"

"I'm just kidding, Myungsoo oppa," you softly laughed.

"Oh, I knew that," he smiled, even more embarrassed than before.

You smiled to yourself as you watched him look out the window in an attempt to play it cool.

"You're so cute," you whispered without thinking.

"What was that?" he asked, turning back to you.

Your eyes widened when you realized that you actually said that out loud, "Oh, ummm…"

You sighed in relief when the elderly women came up to your table with your drinks.

"Your mochas," she smiled and placed them on the table, "And this," she placed a small cake and two small forks in between the both of you, "is on the house."

You both thanked her before she walked back to the register.

You slowly stirred the coffee with the candy cane stirrer. You lightly tapped it on the rim of the cup before placing it on the saucer.

You took the cup into your hands and looked up to see Myungsoo watching you in anticipation.

"What?" you asked with a soft laugh.

"Nothing," he shook his head and quickly lowered his head, taking a sip of his own coffee.

You kept your eyes on him as you slowly raised the cup to your lips and took a sip.

"Mmmmm," you smiled.

"You like it?" he laughed.

You nodded your head, "It's delicious! You were right, their coffee is amazing."

"Yeah, well I am right most of the time," Myungsoo smirked as he leaned back in his chair and folded his hands behind his head, glancing up at the ceiling.

"Oh, my gosh," you rolled your eyes and shook your head with a smile before taking another sip of the mocha.

Myungsoo laughed and lowered his arms, folding them on the table and leaning against his elbows. He smiled when he saw you eyeing the cake sitting on the table. He reached over and picked up one of the forks, cutting a small piece of the cake with it.

He raised the fork towards you, "Open."

"What?" you asked, your eyes leaving the cake.

"Open up," he lifted the fork a little.

You bit your lip before opening your mouth a little and leaning towards the fork that Myungsoo was holding.

Just as you were about to take the cake into your mouth, Myungsoo slightly jerked the fork away from you.

He clutched his stomach with his free hand and rocked in his seat when you looked at him horrified.

"I'm just kidding," he laughed, holding the fork out for you again.

You slowly leaned towards the fork and Myungsoo fed you the cake with a grin.

"That was really good," you said as you swallowed the remains of the cake that was in your mouth and grabbed the other fork, "Now it's your turn."

You held up a piece of cake for Myungsoo to eat.

"I don't really know if I should trust you right now," he eyed you suspiciously.  

"Oh, come on!" you shook the fork a little, "I promise I won't pull it back, like you did!"

"Okay, okay," he sighed and opened his mouth before leaning towards the fork.

Just as he was about to reach the fork, you jerked it to the right. He gave you a look and when he jerked his head towards the fork, your jerked it to the left.

"Okay, for real this time," you giggled.

Myungsoo cautiously leaned towards the fork. You bit your lip as you lightly pushed the cake towards him, leaving a small dot of frosting on the tip of his nose.

Still holding the fork, you buried your face in the crook of your elbow as you laughed and Myungsoo stared you in shock.

"I can't believe you just did that," he shook his head with a wry smile as he wiped the frosting off his nose with a napkin.

"I'm sorry," you said through fits of laughter and held out the piece of cake again, "Here."

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips.

You jumped a little when he grabbed onto your wrist and, without taking his eyes off of you, slowly at the piece of cake off the fork.

Holding your breath, you stared at the boy across the table from you in shock as his his lips while still holding on your wrist.

"You're right," he smiled, "That was good."

Myungsoo tried to hold back his laughter as he watched you shakily nod your head and place the fork back down on the plate.

"So," you let out the breath you were holding and smoothed out your hair, "Strong Heart?"