Chapter 3

Spotlight

 

“Oh, it’s okay,” L smiled, instantly weakening your knees.

You awkwardly coughed and looked down at your feet as you smoothed your hair.

“Sorry again,” you mumbled and gave him another bow as your face started to turn red under the layer of foundation that your makeup artist just applied to your skin.

“No, it’s really no problem,” L laughed, “You seem like you’re in a rush though.”

Your head snapped up, “Oh! Yeah! I have to go record,” you said quickly, “It was nice talking to you, sunbae, thank you again for catching me,” you threw over your shoulder as you started to make your way down the hall.

“Wait, I’m headed that way too,” L said as he fell into step with you, “We’re recording right after your set.”

“Oh,” you mouthed as you tried to hide your smile.

The two of you walked in silence.

L coughed before clearing his throat, “You were really good on Show Champion.”

“Oh, thank you,” you smiled, a little flustered at the sudden compliment.

“I’m really sorry about that whole … thing,” L said as he scratched the back of his neck.

“What thing?” you asked confused.

“You know, how me and L.Joe …” he tailed off, now his face starting to turn red.

“Oh, that,” you giggled seeing how embarrassed he was, “It’s really no problem. I’m very grateful for both of your kind words,” you said slowly, trying to choose your words as carefully as you could.

“But, to be honest, I really do feel that way about you,” L said shyly.

Your mind flashed back to the note from L.Joe. ‘What do I do?’ you worried in your head, ‘It’s like these boys have the same mind! And why do they both have to be so cute?!’

“… you know, only if you want to.”

“Huh?” you asked, snapping out of your thoughts.

“I was just offering if you wanted to go get some coffee sometime,” L said as he bit his lip, “Sungyeol knows some pretty good cafes that serve pretty good pastries too. But you know that is only if you want to! I don’t want to force you into anything! And I am totally rambling right now, so I’ll just stop.”

You laughed at his flustered state. You knew that L’s cool front was just a part of his stage presence, but you couldn’t help but think how adorable he was acting like his real self.

“Sure,” you said impulsively, not even thinking about you words.

“Really?” L asked with wide and surprised eyes.

You nodded your head and pulled your phone out from pocket of your dress, “Do you want to exchange numbers?”

“Oh, sure,” L said and quickly pulled out his own phone.

'I really should have thought this through,' you thought as you opened the contact book on L's phone. 

The last thing that you wanted to do was get involved in a scandal, especially since you just debuted. You shook off the thought, hoping that everything would work out for the best in the end. Like, it wasn't a crime to get his number or go out for an innocent cup of coffee right?

You handed each other your phones back as the two of you reached the stage. You saw that the other of members of Infinite were already getting their mics set up. L gave you a small smile before he was pulled away by his manager.

A stagehand quickly ran up to you and helped you hook up the familiar equipment. When everything was all set, you climbed the stairs to the stage where you were greeted with a crowd of fans that were screaming your name.

You bowed to your fans and thanked them for coming to support you before getting into position and taking a deep breath.

From the side of the stage, L’s eyes never left your form as he watched you perform. Watching you somewhat reminded him of himself when he performed. The two of you were both so confident on stage, but the total opposite offstage.

He smiled to himself as he thought about other similarities between the two of you.

“You know, Myungsoo-ah, it’s not polite to stare.”

L jumped and turned around to see a smirking Dongwoo.

“I was not staring,” he mumbled.

Dongwoo just laughed and shook his head, “You know, if you really like her, you can’t just watch from the sidelines. You have to make a move.”

“I know,” L sighed, “Well I got her number. Does that count?”

Dongwoo’s eyes widened, “You got her number?!”

“What? He got her number?” Hoya asked as he walked up to them and the other four followed.

“Yeah! I’m so proud of you!” Dongwoo said as he attacked the younger boy in a hug.

The other members laughed and started to . L couldn’t hide his smile even though the mocking was aimed at him. But the smile on his face instantly dropped when he saw the boys of Teen Top walking towards the stage.