Chapter 6

Spotlight

 

Whew! Got Chapter 6! And I already have ideas for the next Chapter :) Thank you to all of you who didn't forget about this story! We know we don't really update it as much as we should. But in other news, we made a Twitter page so you guys can go check it out for real time updates for our blog! Click HERE to get updated on the story! I hope you all enjoy (This was my first time writing a L.Joe biased chapter :P)! ~Admin Kelc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up the next morning to your alarm clock blaring out a series of annoying beeps. Rolling out of bed with a groan, you stretched your arms over your head and made your way into the bathroom.

As you exited the bathroom after brushing your teeth and attempting to tame the tangled mess that was your hair, you heard a familiar test tone ring throughout your bedroom.

I'm waiting downstairs.

You quickly replied o your manager's text.

Okay. I'll be down in a few.

You grabbed your purse and threw on your jacket before leaving your dorm.

---

"So I see you chose Strong Heart," your manager said after a few minutes of silent driving from the salon that you just got your hair and makeup done at.

You nodded your head silently and played with your phone, locking and unlocking it repeatedly.

"I'll don't think I'll ever get another chance like this," you sighed but put on a smile, "And plus, I'm not very athletic anyways."

"Very true," your manager teased, causing you to give him a light shove.

"Hey! I am driving here! Do you want to crash?!" he exclaimed in faux rage.

You rolled your eyes and looked out the window, "Whatever."

You jumped a little in your seat when you felt your phone vibrate in your lap.

You quickly glanced down and your breath caught in your throat. It was L.Joe.

You hesitantly unlocked your phone and opened the message.

Hey stranger, long time no text. I just wanted to say hi and that I'm really excited about filming Running Man with you tomorrow. Should we build an alliance now to take down the rest of the members during the final challenge? ㅋㅋㅋ

-L.Joe

You let out a groan and threw yourself back in your seat.

"Something wrong?" your manager asked with a chuckle.

"I don't want to talk about it," you muttered with your eyes closed.

---

L.Joe was sitting with the rest of the Teen Top members on the floor of their practice room. The boys were breathing heavily as they just had two hours of straight dance rehearsal.

"Hyung, you have a message," Niel smirked and slid L.Joe his phone across the wooden floor.

L.Joe sent Niel a glare but a smile made its way on his face as he unlocked his phone.

The members watched him quickly open the message and scan the screen with his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Chunji asked when he saw L.Joe's smile face and be replaced with a look of disappointment.   

"She's not coming," he muttered and threw his phone to the side before lying down on his back.

"What do you mean 'not coming'?" Changjo asked.

"She's not coming to the filming tomorrow," L.Joe groaned as placed an arm over his eyes, "She's going to be on Strong Heart. With Myungsoo hyung."

The boys gave the rapper sympathetic looks and fell silent.

"Oh!" Ricky's eyes lit up, "Why don't you ask her to do something after she's done with her schedules? That way you'll get to talk to her before she even sees L hyung tomorrow!"

L.Joe sat up and gave the self-proclaimed maknae an impressed look, "You know, that's not a bad idea."

---

"And I think that's about it. Thank you so much, ______-sshi for doing this interview with us," the interviewer thanked with a bow.

"Oh, no, the pleasure was all mine. Thank you," you bowed back.

Both of you and the interviewer stood up and your manager walked up to you as she collected her things.

"Good job," he gave you a pat on the back.

"Thanks," you sighed in relief, glad that you didn't mess up or embarrass yourself.

"Do you want to go anywhere special for lunch?" he asked you as he handed you your phone.

"Hold that thought," you mumbled when you saw that you had a message, and from one L.Joe at that.

Can you meet me at this address?

-L.Joe

You read the address below the message and narrowed your eyes. It was so different from past text that he has sent to you.

'Must be serious,' you thought as you typed a reply, agreeing to meet him.

"Oppa," your manager looked down at you, "Can we make a quick stop before lunch?"

---

"You wanted to come here?" he asked you as he pulled up to a small park and stopped the van near the curb.

From the window, you could already see a patch of dirty blonde hair sitting on a park bench.

"Isn't that L.Jo - Oh!" your manager pursed his lips and gave you a knowing smile.

"I'll text you when I'm ready to be picked up," you said quickly and got out of the car.

"Okay, but don't expect me to wait for you before getting lunch!" he yelled out the window.

You waved at him without turning around and clutched the strap of your purse as you slowly walked up to L.Joe.

He looked up in surprise when you sat down next on the bench next to him.

"Oh, you're here," he breathed.

You nodded your head and gave him a smile, "I said that I would meet you here, right? Sorry it took so long, we got stuck in traffic."

"Oh, no, it's okay," he gave you a sweet smile.

"So, why did you want to meet me?" you asked.

"I just wanted to hang out," he said, leaning back against the bench, "You know, since you're not coming on Running Man anymore."

"Yeah, sorry about that," you gave him an apologetic look, "I was really looking forward to it."

"Then why did you end up cancelling?" he inquired, "Did your company change your schedule?"

"Well, no actually. They let me choose," you said softly as you looked down at your feet.

"It was because of Myungsoo hyung, right?" L.Joe asked even though he already knew the answer.

"No, well not entirely," you explained, "I've always wanted to guest star on Strong Heart, even before I was a trainee. I was leaning towards Strong Heart even before I found out that L sunbae was going to be a guest as well."

L.Joe nodded his head, still not totally convinced of your reason for choosing Strong Heart. But he decided to let it go. Why should he waste this time with you trying to make your feel guilty?

"Plus," you added with a soft laugh, "I think I would just weigh you guys down anyways."

"I doubt that," he smiled.

"Seriously!" you laughed, "You have never seen me try to do anything physical before and you probably don't want to."

L.Joe laughed and shook his head, letting out a sigh.

The two of you sat in silence for a few minutes before L.Joe stood up from the bench, "Do you want to go for a walk?"

"Sure," you smiled and hopped off the bench.

---

"So should we drop the honorifics?" L.Joe asked as the two of you passed the bench where you started for the third time.  

The two of you talked about random things for the past hour, from your predebut lives to your favorite foods. You learned that under his bad boy exterior, L.Joe was actually a really sweet guy.

"Umm, I guess. If that's okay with you, sunbae," you smiled shyly.

"Sure, ______-ah," he said endearingly.

"Okay, L.Joe … Oppa," you said, embarrassed.

L.Joe laughed at your bashfulness and stuck his hands into his pockets, glancing down at his feet.

You looked up to see your manager pulling up to the curb.

"Oh, I have to go," you motioned to the van, "It was nice talking to you, Oppa."

"Yeah it was fun. Do you think that we could … do this again sometime?" he asked nervously, looking at your though his eyelashes.

"Sure, I don't see why not," you smiled.

"Cool," he ginned back.

You froze when L.Joe suddenly leaned down and placed a short peck on your cheek.

"Umm, I'll see you later, ______-ah," he chuckled embarrassed and quickly turned around, walking briskly in the opposite direction.

You stared after him in shock, only coming back to reality when your manager loudly honed the van's horn.

You jumped and quickly walked towards the van. You thought things were complicated enough, but they got even more complicated when you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket.

Hey, you. ^^ I got the address to the coffee shop and my manager already said that he could drive us after the Strong Heart filming. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

-L