A Sense of Belonging

I AM Everlasting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Again written from a third person point of view. When it's represented as a letter, it's flushed towards the right. 

-

 

Seulong didn’t end up where he wanted. After trying for JYP and YG, only to get rejected by the latter, he decided to join JYP as a trainee. After all, it was one of the Big Three, and couldn’t be half bad. The fact that they had contacted him after he had rejected JYP only made it easier. Whenever Ga In participated in a singing competition, though she was perfectly cognizant of the outcome, he would carve out time to watch her perform. Unsurprisingly, it irked him to no end that they often would cut her off before she could finish her song. But the allure of her charming vocals was never lost on him.

“I don’t get you, Ga In.” Seulong mumbled, a tad frustrated.

“Shoot.” Ga In countered.

“You seem to be perfectly aware of the outcome of this competition, they won’t even let you finish singing. I’m most definitely not questioning your abilities, but why do you want to put yourself through all this?”

“Because my aim cannot logically be for the judges to notice me.” Ga In replied coolly.

“You could always audition for one of the entertainment companies to join them as a trainee?” Seulong helpfully suggested, since he had successfully done so. 

“I guess I didn’t tell you that I tried before this. But all I did was to walk into the room, and I would get some comment about my eyes. Or more like my face in general.” Ga In spat, “And we’re not even talking about the big entertainment companies.”

“Oh.”

“So, hopefully, someone who’s actually looking for singing talent will notice me, amidst the sea of pretty girls? Hopeful, I know, but I don’t think I have any other choice.”

“Then don’t ever let any one of them question your singing ability. And don’t ever let them get you down.”

“Enough about me, Seulong. How’s life as a trainee?” Not wanting to brood over this issue any longer, Ga In changed the topic.

“Not a walk in a park. It’s stressful, I guess. But I’m learning, making new friends. I guess it’s all good for now?”

“I’m jealous. And in part that’s because you’ve found somewhere which would take you in.”

“Don’t be this way. The Ga In I know isn’t like that.” Seulong comforted her, somewhat awkwardly.

“I’m tired of being the Ga In that people want me to be. I don’t get it. Why must all girls have double eyelids, and big eyes. Why must they turn up in fancy outfits when this is supposedly a singing competition?” She snapped, though Seulong far from deserved it.

“I’m sorry.” Not knowing what to do, he apologized.

“Don’t. It’s me who should be sorry. But it’s really tiring at times. Because I have a good inkling that if had double eyelids, wore a nice outfit and danced while I sang, I wouldn’t be stuck here.”

 

-

 

Ga In was used to disappointment, but she knew how to take it in her stride. She wouldn’t be too pleased by it, but she would get over yet another failed audition sooner than later. So to say Seulong was surprised would be an understatement when he found out that she had broken down, rather violently, in the toilet after being swiftly eliminated from Let’s Battle Shinhwa. He didn’t know who could they could have found that was superior to her, but apparently all the people who made the first cut were. Yet it had rather positive effects, because a bigwig from Nega had found her venting her anger in the toilet, and asked her to audiion for their new g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter