The Girl in School Uniform

I AM Everlasting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Written from a third person point of view. 

-

Seulong distinctly remembered casting the fidgety girl across the room a second glance. She had come decked in her school uniform, almost as if she had rushed here right after class, a stark contrast to the dolled up, heel wielding girl population as such singing contests. And she did stick out, though probably not in a good way for the judges, he figured. Neither did she elicit very positive responses from the rest of the participants that day, Seulong definitely caught a few snobby girls looking at her down their noses. He felt slightly indignant about it, but so chose to leave it as that, he had his performance coming up.

 

That was, until she took the temporary stage. For the first time that day, Seulong sat up straight in his seat and listened intently. After hearing a bunch of dolled up girls squeal their rendition of popular songs of the time, to him, she really stood out. This time it was most definitely in a good way. She had a gorgeous voice, with a distinctive tone that made it unique, and knew more than a few things on how to use it. Seulong was decidedly impressed. Yet she didn’t even get to finish her song, because everyone knows that these singing competitions are as much a beauty pageant as a yardstick of vocal ability, much to his irritation. Ga In.

 

“Ga In.” Seulong sauntered up to the girl clad in school uniform, “Son Ga In”

“You’re Seulong aren’t you?” Her eyes narrowed, “Im Seulong, if I remember correctly?”

“Oh! I am lucky to have a pretty girl like you remember my name.” Seulong replied airily.

“You’re strange. Really strange.” Ga In shot back, brows lightly knitted.

“Okay, don’t look at me this way, I was just joking.” Seulong smiled warmly in an attempt to right the conversation that was quickly deteriorating, “I wanted to say that you sing real good.”

“They clearly don’t think so.” She sighed, shoulders slightly slumped.

“Then they don’t know the first thing. It’s not like you didn’t see those same judges praise those girls who only know how to act cute and squeak shrilly into the microphone.” Seulong snorted, casting a sidelong glance at the mass of girls.

“True that.”

“I really think your voice is gorgeous. I’m not just saying this just for the sake of, but if you had an album, I would totally buy it.”

“Thanks. It’s not often that I get praised. Most would rather pick on my unique choice of outfit.” Ga In glanced at the floor, letting her eyes roam from her shoes to his.

“I don’t mean to pry, but why then?” Seulong was genuinely curious.

“I want to be first and foremost recognized as a singer. If they can’t even look past me wearing school uniform, they can’t possibly give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter