The Change in Tides

I AM Everlasting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third person point of view. This chapter has a number of notes and text messages going around. I do think it's fairly clear which is which though. 

-

Luckily “With L.O.V.E” did much better commercially compared to the previous two full albums. Seulong took it as a promising sign that his favourite girl group would not be disbanding anytime soon, seeing that they had a legitimate shot at considerable popularity. But he had bigger things to worry about.

 

Finally it was time for Seulong to send her a signed CD. Yet Gain broke the promise that she had made previously.

 

“Seulong. I’m so sorry, I promised to watch your debut performance. I had every intention of keeping my promise, but recording got unexpectedly delayed, and I couldn’t get into the building. I know it’s hardly comfort given that you kept your side of the deal,

but if it makes it less bad, I ended up joining the rest of the 2AM fans who couldn’t get in. Of course I

watched the live broadcast. And I’m sorry.

 

Okay, with that out of the way. I thought all of you sounded gorgeous in the single. And do you remember what I said about you sounding better on the ballad. I guess I’m right then, seeing that here you are singing a ballad ^.< Already looking 

forward to your next album!

Remember to send me a signed copy ^^”

 

-

 

Quite like Ga In, Seulong also had a rocky start, though not as quite rocky. Despite the success of his brother group, he never felt like he wanted to be part of them instead. He was satisfied where he was, where he really got to sing, along with some other people who were—in some irony—also really talented.

 

Soon after, the signed copy of “My Style”, which was similarly well received as their previous mini album, was delivered to his dorm.

 

 

“Seulong hyung!” There was Jokwon creating a ruckus in the living room.

“Why are you so excited?” Seulong drawled.

“You have the signed copy of the Brown Eyed Girls CD!” Jokwon exclaimed, while examining the CD.

“Yeah, I have another three in my room. Why are you so surprised?”

“It was only released today, yet yours is already delivered to our dorm. And it’s signed!” Jokwon insisted, “I haven’t even managed to get mine yet!”

“Oh, so you’re a fan too?” This realization dawned on Seulong slightly belatedly.

“Is that surprising? They sing well. Their songs are nice. Why can’t I be a fan?” Jokwon answered steadily.

“No reason. You never said so before though.” Seulong shrugged and brushed Jokwon off.

“Hyung’s still not saying how you got it signed and so early!” Jokwon ended up acting all petty

“You’ve definitely heard me talk about her before. My same aged best friend, also from the entertainment industry.” Seulong offered facts, trying to jog Jokwon’s memory.

“Wait, this sounds very familiar. The school uniform girl? The one who broke down after getting eliminated from the Shinhwa singing contest?” Jokwon asked, interest already piqued.

“Seriously, she would be your noona. All of the Brown Eyed Girls would be your noonas.” Seulong rolled his eyes in mock annoyance.

“So the school uniform girl is a Brown Eyed Girl? And you’re good friends with her? That’s how you’re getting all these spanking new signed CDs?”

“Well, I think that was fairly obvious by now. What puzzles me is that you claim to be a fan, but you seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that they’re one and the same person.”

“You don’t even mention her name. How would I know that they’re one and the same person.” Jokwon pouted unintentionally, “I’m guessing that your friend is Ga In?”

“Okay, at least you know her name. Maybe you’re a fan after all.”

“I think I’m starting to see why you think that judges at singing competitions have no taste.” Jokwon said, wagging his finger vigorously.

“Cut her off in the middle, she didn’t even make the first cut. Inform me if you believe there are that many people who could do a superior job at singing compared to her.” Seulong snorted, recalling that memory.

“I’m going to have to go with a big no on that one. Are there people, probably yes, that many, I think not.” Jokwon scurried back to his room and took out his stack of CDs.

“I see a request coming my way.” Seulong commented offhandedly to tease Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter