Waking up

Trapped in time

Annyong~ Next update's here...

Enjoy~ :D


-3 years later-

“Beep, Beep, Beeeeeeep” the rapid beeping of the machine woke Mrs Jung from her sleep.

“Nurse, nurse, where’s the doctor? Something’s wrong with my daughter!” She shrieked at the nurse in a panic voice. The doctor came rushing in not long after.

“What is happening to her?!” Jessica’s mom asked worriedly.

“It’s good news, Mrs Jung! She’s waking up!” He replied in a happy tone.

“What?!” she was surprised by his words, after 3 years, her daughter is finally waking up!

“AHHH!!!!” Jessica suddenly let out a high-pitch scream which made everyone covered their ears. The nurses and doctor tried to calm her down but failed as she thrashed around crazily. Sweat was running down her forehead and as she attempted to sit up, her fragile body fell back onto the hospital bed.

“Jessie honey, are you ok?” Mrs Jung asked, hugging her daughter. Jessica’s eyes opened slowly and with a whispered ‘Yuri’ she fainted.


Jessica was woken when the sunray hit her eyes. She tried to sit up but a force on her stomach was preventing her from doing so. Looking down, she saw her mom stirred slightly and opened her eyes to see her daughter staring back at her.

“Jessica! You’re awake!!!” Mrs Jung hugged her daughter, suffocating her in process.

“M-mom, can’t breathe!! L-let go!” Jessica let out one of her dolphin squeal as she struggled for air.

“Oh, sorry, I’m just happy that you’re awake!” she apologized and loosened her grip.

“It’s ok.” Jessica attempted to sit up once again but was stopped by her mother.

“Don’t move, you’re not completely recovered yet.”

“Uh, ok, if you say so. What happened to me anyway?” She stayed lying down obediently.

“You’d been unconscious.” Her mom said.

“What? How? For how long?” Jessica freaked out a little.

“You have this disease called Shockencious. It shut your body’s system down 3 years ago.”

“What?” She looked in the mirror on the table beside her. “Why am I still the same as 3 years ago?” She asked, not believing her mother.

“When your system shut down, you didn’t eat anything so you can’t grow, so now you’ll look like you’re 17” Mrs Jung explained and gave her daughter a gentle smile.

“Oh” Jessica was speechless; everything was too much for her to take in at the moment.

“Get some rest; I’ll go buy you something to eat.” She then stood up and walked to the door.

“Wait, mom” Jessica said weakly, “Where’s dad?”

“He went to America 1 year after you went unconscious to search for a better doctor for you.”

“Okay, I’ll sleep now, see you later” the sentence pulled a string from her memory but a sudden headache blocked it.

“Sweet dream, honey” After Mrs Jung exited the room, Jessica let out a sigh, trying to recall who the disappearing figure from her dream was but soon, she drifted off to sleep.


Half an hour later, Jessica’s mom came back with 2 plastic bags of food in her hands. She put it on a table nearby then walked to Jessica’s bed. Seeing her daughter sleeping so peacefully, she decided to let her sleep a little bit more.

“Wake up honey, your lunch’s here” Mrs Jung soft voice spoke up after 2 hours.

“Mmm, Yuri” Jessica whispered in her sleep.

“That Yuri again huh?” her mother mumbled gloomily. “Come on Jessica, wake up” this time, she shook Jessica gently.

“Oh, hi mom, you’re back” Jessica stated the obvious as she sat up with the help of her mother and they started eating the food in silence.

“Jessica, I need to talk to you about something” the older woman set her chopsticks down and stared at the younger one with a serious look.

“What is it mom?” Jessica replied calmly.

“I just talked to your dad on the phone and he said we have to move to New York with him.”

“Why?” was the monotone reply.

“So we can be with your dad and to find a better doctor for you there. You can also make many more new friends.” Her mother said, hoping to cheers her daughter up.

“Ok… but I don’t want to make any friends! I have a weird feeling saying that they’ll just end up leaving me like someone I can’t remember did.” Her eyes got teary.

“No one left you before honey, don’t worry. Oh, and we’ll be moving the day after tomorrow. Now eat your lunch, it’s getting cold.” Mrs Jung lied, turning Jessica’s attention back to her lunch. They continued eating their lunch while chatting about everything that happened. She was very happy to talk to her daughter again after three years.


When Jessica was released from the hospital, she went home and started packing her things right away. While packing, she found a big, cute looking box with a picture of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse holding hands printed on it.

She found all sort of cute things inside the box, such as a heart necklace with an empty area (A/N: Pretend that the ‘Friend’ key is not in the picure), a pink watch that has Minnie Mouse inside, even though it looked extremely childish, she can’t help but feel happy, and finally, a black ring with the word ‘Love” on it.

She couldn’t remember who gave them to her but she still put tried the ring on anyway. And surprisingly it fitted, making a smile a little. Her smile turned into tears as questions flooded her and not long after, sleepiness took over her.

‘Who gave me this? Where are they? Why can’t I remember them? Will we ever meet again in the future?’


After the 15 hours flight, their plane arrived in New York. As Jessica and her mom walked outside, they saw someone waving at them.

“Dad!’ Jessica ran to her father and gave him a hug.” I missed you”

“I missed you too sweetheart~” He said and wrapped his arms around her. “You still look as beautiful as ever!” He praised

“Huhu, no one missed me, I’m sad” Mrs Jung faked sobbing.

“Of course I missed you too honey” He said and kissed her sweetly on the lips.

“Eww, can you do that somewhere else??” Jessica playfully complained.

“Haha! Let’s go honey, time to show you your new house!” Her father excitedly dragged her and his wife to the limo that was waiting for them.


When they reached their destination, Jessica went straight to her new room. She started unpacking her boxes. After that, she went down to the living room where her parents were.

“There you are! Come, sit” her dad said and patted the spot on the sofa next to him.

“How are you? About school, you can go once you’re recovered.” Her mom sipped her tea.

“I’m fine now, and I think I’ll be able to go to school tomorrow” she answered while drinking her hot chocolate.

“Ok, but don’t push yourself too hard ok?” her dad warned his daughter.

That night, the whole family went out for dinner. Mr Jung even showed Jessica all of the famous places in New York, including her new school. It was enormous and very high class looking but she was already used to rich schools so it didn’t surprise her. They went back to the house at 9 pm and because Jessica was exhausted after a long day, she went straight to bed.

“We have some work to attend to before you wake up so remember to set your alarm clock!” her mom shouted from outside.

“Ok ok” Jessica muttered but fell asleep before she could do anything.


Yo guys, hope ya all like it... XD

Remember to comment and subscribe~!! ^^

Reply:

@KkabYUL267: yupz yupz.. plus the memory lost of the person she loves though... :D

@iHeartToad: I think anyone could figure out where this story is going... if you can't, just think like a 10 years old... and thanxxx!! ^^

@TKDXGrl: Hmm.. of course they will... it's a yulsic story isn't it...? XD

@igerible: keke... maybe this update gave you some hints... XD