We'll heal in the end.

Deadlock

Jonghyun POV

When we got back to camp I knew something was wrong ,something was very wrong. However before I could ask what was wrong,I noticed Key sitting next to Sunny in floods of tears,he looked so broken,my mind was wiped of my questions as I ran straight over to him,placing my hands on his face,forcing him to make eye contact.

"Baby,whats wrong?"I asked softly.

He sniffled slightly and whimpered and I felt my heart break,I his cheeks and whispered comforting words.

"Taemin's dead"He said bluntly,looking at the ground.

I froze at his words,I stared in disbelief,there was no way,innocent childish Taemin was dead.

"What happened?"I asked ,but he didn't answer,just carried on sobbing.

I spun around quickly and looked straight at Sehun,who was purposely looking away from me.

"What happened?"I repeated.

"He got one of the guns,ran off into the woods and he,he shot himself"Sehun explained.

"Why ,why would he do that?"I begged,I knew I sounded desperate but I couldn't find it in me to be ashamed.

"He didn't want to watch us all die,he couldn't handle it,we couldn't stop it" Came a voice from behind me .

I turned around ,my heart stopped at the sight,there was Mir and Hongki holding onto each other for comfort,Joon walked behind them slightly gently carrying Taemin in his arms. It was obvious that Hongki had been the one to talk ,but my eyes were on Taemin,he looked so small,so fragile ,it hurt to see him so lifeless.

I rushed over to Joon and pulled the boy out of his hands ,I looked down at his young face,this time I couldn't hold back the tears ,I let out sobs and collapsed to my knee's while his face a begging him to wake up. At some point I had become somewhat of a parent to Taemin,he would accidently slip up sometimes and call me appa,or call Key umma,and I had enjoyed being able to take care of someone as if they were my own son,I would never have children of my own.

But now it had been ripped away from me,all I could think about was the people we had lost,the people we would lose,but most of all my Key ,what if  Key got hurt,I would never forgive myself if something happened to him,but then again,I had stopped forgiving myself along time ago,but Key dieing may cause me to finally lose my mind.

Key POV

I watched Jonghyun through tearful eyes ,I sighed slightly before walking over to him .

I fell to my knees beside him ,and slowly wrapped my arms around him ,resting my head on his shoulder and making gentle noises of comfort.

"He's in a better place now Jjong,we couldn't keep him forever"I whispered

"I failed him,it's my fault,it's always my fault,I can't protect our group,I can't protect our new family"He sobbed.

I hated when he got like this ,when he could only see the negative in himself,when he couldn't see all the good things he had done for our group of survivors.

"It's not your fault, you are doing your absolute best,and everyone knows that,there are going to be casualties along the way,and yes were going to hurt,and mourn and yes we'll get angry ,but in the end we'll heal"I reassured.

He stayed silent after that ,we both did ,to deep in our own thoughts and pain to talk anymore.

Lay POV

I watched the two leaders of the other group cry and comfort each other and I was shocked.

Their group was like a family,I had seen it,I had watched them as we travelled together,it was so different to what I knew.

Our group wasn't a family,we were a group,we travelled together for safety reasons,we did not feel any kind of love for each other . I mean sure I knew a few of them before this happened,we weren't a family,we were just friends,but the other group were a family,they cried when one of them died,they felt love and compassion,maybe thats why Minho and Joon were having second thoughts and wanted to join their group,for some sort of a normal life,or as close as you could get to it.

Joon and Minho ,they had trusted me with their plan,they were going to leave with the other group they wanted that life ,Joon was throughly in love with Mir and wouldn't let them be split up now,and Minho was just as in love with Taemin,thats why he had sacraficed himself,just for a taste of what a normal life could feel like,if only for a second,a moment.

I knew it must be a nice feeling ,to have some sort of close relationship with each member of your group,I couldn't say I had experianced that ,I was terrified of TOP and Hyuna had just creeped me out. I hadn't even spoken to Nicole before ,and my relationship with my friends was still the same as it was before,but Luhan and Kris,they had changed since they had been with that group.

Luhan had admitted to me that if he had to choose he would stay with the group he was with before we all met up ,and Kris had said the same thing. I had been confused by this Kris and Luhan were such independent people usually,and they rarely made friends,but  I knew that Kris was close with Jonghyun and Sooyoung,and I knew Luhan was close with Mir and Sunny ,it was so odd seeing them being close with people,being dependent in people .

I part of me wanted that life,wanted to know what that felt like.

"It's odd seeing Jonghyun cry,I haven't seen him do that once since I met him"Sulli said from beside me.

I had only spoke to Sulli once before and that was when we had both been forced to clean the weapons everyone carries around with them.

"Yeah ,he doesn't seem like the one to cry"I replied

"He's not,but if he reacts like this to Taemin's death I'd hate to see what would happen if something happened to Key"She admitted.

I nodded slightly,I knew that Key and Jonghyun were in a relationship ,but I didn't know how close,obviously it was a big relationship.

I looked at Sulli slightly ,she seemed different to other girls I encountered but I wasn't quite sure why.

Sunny POV

"We should move on,walkers probably heard the gun go off"Sooyoung pointed out.

"None have come yet,we might as well stay"Kai replied

Sooyoung shot him a look that screamed that he was stupid and should just shut up,sure enough he did.

"Sooyoung's right,they might not be here yet .but they probably heard it ,we should get moving"Sehun agreed with Sooyoung

"We should bury him first"I said .

I knew everyone had turned to look at me ,including G.

"The girls right,he at least deserves a send off,we do it with everybody else"TOP approved.

I stared at him in shock,the guy rarely spoke and when he did it was usually something sarcastic that made you feel like an idiot. I realised quickly that TOP was obviously a highly respected member of the other group as they all started nodding after he spoke.

The group set off to work ,all of us doing our own part. Before long they had place Taemin gently in the ground and buried him,it was a hard sight for everyone ,it impacted our group the most obviously,we had known him longer . Though I mourned for our young friend,or brother as I had come to call him I was struck with worry for Hongki . Mir had Joon and Jonghyun and Key had each other,but who did Hongki have, I settled to then to try and provide him with a shoulder to cry on, it had hurt us all ,but it hurt his true brothers the most.