Always remember the fallen

Deadlock

G Dragon POV

Another week had passed but with each new death ,we all seemed to get more tired,more desperate. I wondered how much longer we could carry on this way,almost half the group was dealing with some kind of loss at this point,and we had already lost so many. Sunny worried me the most,she had been acting weird since Zelo had died,at first she had been the same as everyone else ,crying and then not talking much and then suddenly on Thursday she woke up and was acting like nothing had happened. 

I knew I wasn't the only one who had noticed this sudden ,unexpected change I often caught TOP giving her weird looks,and Key had been questioning her alot about how she was feeling but she never answered. I knew there was something seriously wrong when I mentioned Zelo and she had asked who he was. Sehun mentioned that it may be her bodies way of handling the trauma,the shock of the situation she had been forced into. 

I was scared though,if this was how she was reacting what if she forgot about the walkers completely and got hurt not understanding that this wasn't a kind world anymore . Due to my fear I made sure she was with someone  I considered mentally stable whenever I myself couldn't be with her. I made sure that she was never left with TOP no matter how close I was with him,I knew she wasn't a fan of his,it would only cause problems if they were left together.

"G,come here a second"Jonghyun called out,motioning for me to follow him.

"What do you need?"I asked,wanting to get back to Sunny as soon as possible.

"I need you to run into town,we're running low on supplies."He explained,looking at the map infront of him.

The map was covered in writing and X's from places we had already been to place where we had buried the dead,all towns close by were circled and marked for store runs ,it was an efficient system that Sunny and Key had come up with in the early days of the outbreak.

"Who will I be going with?"I asked

"Myself,Sooyoung and Onew"He said not looking up

"Onew? who's that?"I asked,I couldn't remember anyone called Onew ever being in our group

"You may not be able to remember him,he used to hang around alot with Baekhyun and DO ,they blended in so well you didn't even notice they were there. Sehun suspects thats why they left,they felt unwanted so just got up and walked off"Jonghyun answered

"When are we leaving?"I questioned

"In about ten minutes,get your stuff together"He mumbled,before folding up the map and walking off towards the tent he shared with Key.

As I collected the things I would need I tried to decide who to leave Sunny with,someone who wasn't going to burst into tears and set her off,my mind instantly went to the one person I knew handled death well.TOP.

Sure enough I found him in the middle of camp cleaning weapons,I knew he hated the task but saw it as a willing sacrafice of his time. Oh god i'm going to have to up to pull this off.

"Hey Tabi,what you doing?"I aked kindly

"What do you want?"he replied bluntly

Damn he knew me to well,I questioned how he knew my mannerisms when we'd only known each other for not even a year.

"I have to make a town run,could you look after Sunny for me?"I pleaded.

"Look after?She's a fully grown woman I doubt she needs babysitting"He pointed out,giving me a look that screamed he didn't want to help.

"You know what I mean,she's depressed I don't want her to do anything stupid....PLEASE Tabi come on,help a friend out"I pleaded

"G you can't expect me to..."He began before I cut him off.

"Tabi come on,if it was you i'd help"I whined 

He gave out a huff of frustration before giving a curt nod to show that he would do it. Once I had thanked him I went off to collect Sunny although she wasn't exactly pleased to hear she'd have to spend the day with him.

When I left the two were sitting in awkward silence, refusing to look at each other.

Luhan POV

"Hey Luhan do you want to come help me out?"came the soft voice of Key

"What do you need help with?"I asked

"I need to fix some of these clothes,it can quite boring when your on your own."He explained.

I didn't like sewing ,it sounded boring to be honest but I rarely spoke to Key anymore to busy wrapped up in my own thoughts.I felt guilty now,I spent all my time feeling sorry for myself I didn't think about Key who had lost so many people he considered he's children. In fact he did so much for me and I had never thanked him,I had just expected it.

"Yeah sure"I stood up and followed him to his tent.

When I sat down I noticed a book with a plain cover,I reached over and when I opened it I was filled with shock,there was a photo of the whole group,everyone including all those who had died.We weren't looking at the camera,it made no sense how had they been published.

"I have a polariod camera,I've been taking photo's since day one,kind of like a family album. That way I can remember the good things about this world."Key explained looking at the picture with a gentle smile.

I turned the page and my heart stopped,there was a photo of Kris hugging me from behind,I could see how I happy I was. I remembered that moment,I remembered every moment with Kris. I could feel the tears burning my eyes and I tried my hardest not to let them fall.

"It's okay to cry you know,you lost someone important"Key said 

With those words said,my tears started falling but I smiled at the photo. 

"He always used to hug me from behind,I never admitted this to him,but my heart stopped everytime ,I just could never believe he was all mine. I miss him,it's not the same without him,sometimes I feel like ending it but I think thats selfish for me to do. He was in pain but he still came into the middle of camp to warn everyone that there was walkers in the area. He was so brave"I said,finding it difficult to breath through the tears.

"I envy you sometimes"Key mumbled.

"Why?"I asked

"I know it's horrible that he died,and that I am not envious,but in a way you are lucky,you don't need to worry about him every day. Worry about him not coming back from a run into town. You don't have to stay awake at night to look at him,because your not sure how much longer he'll be around. 

I can't escape the constant worry,it makes me sick and I am envious you don't feel that anymore. But at the same time I don't want to be you I don't want to sleep alone,I don't want to have to remember the old times because there won't be new times to create"Key explained

Throughout his speech I couldn't help but understand how he felt,I remembered all those nights where I had stayed awake sick with worry of how much longer I had with him. In some ways it felt like a weight had been lifted ,it was nice to have the worry go away,but it was also a curse because I wanted that worry back,because along with it came the sweet moments and the hope of new memories.

I slowly turned the page and came across a picture of Mir,Hongki and Taemin all laughing,I remembered this also. Sooyoung and Kris had been argueing and Sooyoung had gotten so angry she had kicked him in the crotch sending the three boys into fits of laughter.

"Those three always cheered me up"I said honestly,I saw Key nod from beside me.

I turned the page again and saw Sooyoung and Sunny looking intenstly at Jonghyun,that was the day he had a spider on his back and the two were trying to come up with a way of getting rid of it without him noticing. Jonghyun was terrified of spiders so they didn't want to alert him to the fact there was huge one on him ,in the end though Tao had just hit it with a stick ,causing Jonghyun to fall over and knock himself out. We all got shouted at by Kris and Key for laughing.

There were so many pictures in here,the hardest ones to look at were the ones of those we had lost. At one point I came across a picture of me and Jessica cleaning the guns,we were both smiling, I couldn't remember what is was now ,but I knew that it had made me smile for days afterwards.

Then  I came across newer pictures,some of me and Kris. I saw a few of Kris ,Lay and Xuimin just standing around and laughing hysterically at something. I saw a picture of Taemin hugging Minho,they were both smiling like idiots,not even noticing the camera. Then there was a picture of Joon fixing Mir's fringe both with a sickening lovestruck expression,and there was Hongki and Sulli in the background pulling a disgusted face while looking at the two. 

I wondered if pictures of Sulli and Lay would appear in this book soon,they had been growing alot closer since they had met.

Then there was a picture of me and Sehun,both of us looking at a map with identical expressions. There was one photo of Jonghyun and Key in here ,Key had his head on Jonghyun's shoulder and was fast asleep ,while Jonghyun had his arm around Key's waste,I knew straight away that this was taken by Taemin.

I was shocked at the pictures of G Dragon and TOP ,they seemed so at ease with each other in those photos,like they had known each other forever.

The last photo in the book was one that nearly broke my heart,it was Kris hugging Tao ,they were both looking at the camera with cheesy grins on their faces,they had been best friends,I hadn't even been there for Kris properly after Tao died I just shouted that he was selfish for not paying attention to the world around him.

"You can take it if you like,look through it."Key told me kindly.

I could only nod.

Sunny POV

After an hour of silence I finally decided to talk  to him.

"So what did you do before the outbreak?"I asked.

He looked at me for a moment after that,as if shocked I had asked him a personal question

"I ran a franchise of clubs"He said shortly looking back to his guns.

"Did you have a wife,kids?"I asked,I knew that TOP was the oldest in our group at the age of 24 but that in no way made him the leader.

"No"he replied

"Well what about family,what were your parents like?"I asked

"I don't know,we didn't see each other often,they had work"He explained

"Oh,well did you have siblings?"I continued.

He froze for a second after that question,and I knew I had hit a nerve,he seemed to be having difficulty giving me an answer.

"I had a brother"Was all he said.

"So he died"I stated ,taking notice of the word had

"I don't know,we were split up when the outbreak happened,he was at university."He said quietly

"What university?"I questioned

"Oxford,in England,he got a scholarship,he was always the smartest."after that he stopped talking.

After another half an hour of silence I finally managed to speak up again.

"I'm sorry about your brother,I know how it feels to not know if your family is alive"when he only looked up at me I felt the need to explain myself "My family live in Seoul,I was only here on a trip with G's grandparents,they died. I keep trying to convince him to let me go and look for them,but he always says no"

"I know,G told me"He said

"WHAT!!"I shouted

"Yeah,he was explaining how worried he was about you,he didn't like how you forgot about Zelo,he thinks your just going to get up one day and leave in search of your family,and then he's never going to see you again,he asked me for advice."He explained

"What advise did you give him?"I asked

"I said that if you love him,you won't just get up and leave. I also kept your little lie a secret"He told me

"What lie?"I hissed

"I know you haven't forgotten Zelo,but if you admit you still remember him,that people might ask you how you feel,and you don't want to be reminded of the pain"He observed

I was shocked ,how did he know that,he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"If your wondering how I know that,i'd like to point out your not the only one who's lost people"He pointied out.

It took me a second to realise what he meant,but when I did everything just suddenly made sense. "Hyuna,thats why you guys were always next to each other,thats why Zelo told me not to talk about her around you."

"Well done you figured it out ,what do you want a golden star"He commented,sarcasm heavy in his tone

"I'm sorry...one thing still doesn't make sense though,why are you so interested in G?"I asked

"Listen here,I'm not going to explain my reasons for befriending your beloved G,but I will say this,don't think your the only one watching out for me,and no i'm not just talking about myself,everyone is,especially Sulli,I think you need to remember that,instead of being suspicious of everyone's motives."He lectured

"Yes but Trusting can get you killed"I said

"So can being suspicious"He countered.

With that we lapsed back into silence.

Maybe TOP wasn't so bad after all.