Nine.

Remember

It hurts to see her crying like that. But for  what? I always knew she was soft-hearted and all, but I had to know what exactly did she have in her mind to make her cry.

As if answering my thoughts, she spoke

" You are the only sane one in my life. Saner than anyone to actually try to find out about me. "

I understood what she had said and how she felt. Of course, with her family like this.. wouldn't that be scary for a young adult to carry?

"Come here." I said quietly, while adjusting the arm rest so that there were no obstruction. She leaned on my chest again, arms around me. It was just like two weeks ago. I guess she really does not want to leave and I don't even want to let go. That was how selfish we were for each other. She was sniffling quietly, leaving teardrops on my jacket. But I didn't care.

 

Time passed, and she fell asleep on me again. I breathed in her scent for I knew that there surely will not be another day for me to do this. Her beanie began to slide off her hair. I watched as it landed squarely on my lap.

 

Just then, Grandma stirred in her sleep. She opened her eyes and chuckled at the sight of Hyoyeon sleeping on me.

"She likes you too, Kris. -chuckle- Too bad our family's like this, eh? Aishh.." Grandma shook her head in utter dissapointment. 

"May I ask why..?"

"Aishh..See, our family can marry whoever they want but it is considered our tradition to marry within our social status."

Of course... filthy rich people.

"So..you're saying Hyoyeon is not forced to marry Sehun? "

"Oh, no no no..-chuckle- First, Sehun and 'Yeon is arranged from when they were in elementary school. And second, if she does not marry within her own social status, she is considered an outcast from the Kim family,"

"Harsh.." I muttered.

"But you should know that Hyoyeon is a very down-to-earth kid! She loves her family, she's a wonderful grand-daughter, I must say. She's not interested in Sehun, so cheer up."

I kept quiet. Confused, whether to be happy she does not like Sehun or to be sad that her future isn't with me.

"Last night she told me about you. The way her eyes lit up, describing you and how in love she is, and the next an opposite reaction. She's been crying all night, so she's pretty tired today. She's one lucky girl to have met you."

"What if in the future, when I'm succesful and I propose to her?"

" Oh my dearie boy.. You can.. when my son is dead. Touch wood!" Grandma punctuated the last two words with glee.

Grandma then shook her head and closed her eyes shut.