Twists.

Remember

It was dark outside when we alighted from the train. I could see the airport in the distance. Every now and then, a plane would depart and arrive.

As Grandma Kim lead the way, Hyoyeon and I followed. I tried to remain cheerful for her as I saw she was doing an effort to do so. The cold wind blew, making the leaves of a nearby tree rustle slightly. As we trudged on, I felt her fingers grip mine comfortingly. She was nervous, I could tell. All I could do is squeeze her hand tightly, hoping that she would let her tension go.

 

It was eight in the evening when we reached the departure hall. I waited for both of them to collect their tickets. My palms were sweaty. I looked across the departure hall. Everyone seemed so happy. Ahh. The perfect contrast to my emotions.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. It was Hyoyeon. 

"Can we go outside? Grandma went to the toilet and I need some air."

"Sure." 

 

 

The lights outside were soft and charming. It was as if a bokeh background came to life. She took off her beanie and placed it on top of my head, then caressing my cheek.

"Remember me when you wear this, okay?" Her voice was choked up, holding on to her emotions.

"Thank you so much.. for everything. For all the memories. I'll never forget you, I promise! I hope you'd not forget me too. I.. I love you so much, Kris." She pursed her lips together, her eyes glistening with moisture.

I cupped her face with my hands. 

"I'd never forget you. You're one of the most nicest people that has ever came into my life. I'm the one who is supposed to thank you. And I love you too, Kim Hyoyeon. I love you. "

And right there on the spot, she threw her arms around me, pulling me into her embrace and so passionately, interlocked her lips with mine. I had felt that this wasn't me, and I'm watching this from high above. It felt like fireworks.

For the longest time there, we stood rooted to that spot, sparks flying. She pulled away, then looking directly into my eyes. With a sigh, she told me firmly, " This will not be goodbye. "

And I trusted her words. I blinked the moisture building up in my eyes and looked away. I had to be strong just this once. I had to be the boy that was oblivious to the feeling of being in love once again. I felt my throat swelling up as I tried to think of something to say. I reached for her hand and she squeezed mine, as if telling me that everything is going to be alright. But her? Her, the one that made my life seem so much better.. what is the meaning of alright without this girl?

" I'll miss you. " 

 

Our silence was broken when Grandma's voice called out for Hyoyeon frantically. The gate had opened. I watched as Hyoyeon's grip loosened and then slipping away from my hand. She slowly made her way to Grandma, who was waiting inside the terminal station. She turned back to face me, forcing a smile. I could already see her face already puffy, her eyes turning bloodshot despite the seemingly far distance between us now. I just want her in my arms again and forever. Even the metres between us now hurts. Every step she takes away from me hurts. The memories came flooding back to me. The first time I saw her, how beautiful she is, her dance moves, everything.

 

I let my guard down and let a tear roll down my cheek. Manliness can wait. My love for her will never be replaced. I waved her off. She giggled a little, then gave me fist pump, mouthing " Fighting! " . Then she went off.

 

I walked back to the train station, suddenly feeling the loneliness enveloping me. My heart was tugging at the overflowing feelings. 

It was raining when I sat on the train's seat. It perfectly described my emotion.

On the Northbound train of the Honam line, the rain is falling; over the shaking window the rainwater is streaming. My tears too are falling, and lost first love is flowing. We're going farther apart still, but though we cannot meet, do not forget: 

I have loved you.


Yay. Omg hi guys. So super sorry for the laaateeeee update. Well, did you enjoy the story? I sure did! AND AND. Ohmygod, who upvoted this story? I love youuuuuu. { Even though it's just one person, but hey. } I still have the aftermath, though. That is, if you guys want a sequel to this story. I'd only update the following if you guys want a sequel! But seriosuly, thanks to whoever who is patient enough to wait for this lazy author. I'm so touched. Ahhh. Oh and, I made a new fic too! It's about Kyungsoo and Sora! The title is : Beautiful Ruins. The fic is about abuse/ love-hate. So, check it out sometime, yeah? P.S, it's not updated yet, though. :x

Omgomg you guys. Author loves you for being patient. Even though this story is too short. Aishh. Thank you so much.

And to whoever that upvoted this story, 

tumblr_m8rud1q2s61rsskhm.gif Saranghae many many. Teehee.

 

Until next time, I hope.

Gikwangii. 

PSPS. My name's Serra. Feel free to call me that. c; Adios.
 

 

Le sequel ; http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/400362