Eight.

Remember

The trains moved noisily away from our station. The train tracks rattled in protest. I queued up for the train tickets while Grandma and Hyoyeon sat down to rest at a nearby bench. 

I went back to their bench and handed them each a copy of their tickets. 

 

 

The train then came. The North-South Honam Line. 

It's going to be a long journey, I thought to myself. As the doors opened, all three of us boarded the train and looked for our seats. 

 

It was six in the evening and I looked outside, watching the sun set, painting the sky a beautiful crimson red. The train's engine then started, and I watched as the station went away from my window. Hyoyeon sat beside me and Grandma sat infront. There was a flip-table that seperated Grandma and us. Grandma was already asleep and snoring lightly. 

"So.. you didn't tell me where you're going. " I turned to look at Hyoyeon. 

"America. Some expensive, useless dance school there. New York. " Hyoyeon shook her head lightly and looked down.

"Hey. It'll be great. You'll make a great addition for it." I nudged her on her shoulder.

"Thanks. That'll help. I'll remember that. " She smiled but I could sense that she was forcing it.

" You don't have to pretend anymore. If you want to cry, you cry. I don't like to see you hurting inside. " I told her then my dry lips. Damn aircon.

"No..I'm fine. " She said simply.

 

I noticed she was resting her arm on the armrest. Without hesistation, I interwined my fingers with hers.

She was shocked at the cold touch to her warm skin but then, she relaxed. She turned around to look into my eyes again. She gave me that same feeling again, when she looked intensely into my eyes, as if searching for words in a crossword puzzle, last two weeks. In love yet, fiercely wanting her.

 

"I love you," I said clearly. " And it doesn't freakishly matter if you're going to marry Se Hun or whoever it is. I love you. You have to remember that. Of course, we can't be together. But remember, no matter how much you love me, I will always love you more. "

I could see her expression turn. I could see it in her eyes. 

" I love you more than you could ever imagine. " Her voice became a soft whimper as she wiped away the beads of tears rolling down her cheek. It hurts to see her crying, but I can't kiss her now. 

 

Remember how, when you were little and you see a pretty doll as display in a store? When you want something so bad, when you scream and sulk to your mummy and daddy to buy it, when you cry your eyes out to see it disappear from your line of sight as daddy carried you away from the store?

That's how both of us were feeling.

 

 

----------------------------------

sorry dudes. can't find a chapter name. :/