Traits

Remember

This was it. Today is the day. I walked up to her front porch and knocked on the door. A black Maserati was parked outside, followed by a huge van. The trees outside were shedding orange leaves. Autumn was approaching. My heart sank at the thought that Hyoyeon was leaving. Today. And the thought that both of us will not be spending Thanksgiving together, the thought of us not playing in the snow, the thought of cold, lonely winter days.

The door creaked open and I was warmly greeted by an old lady. This lady looked like she could be Hyoyeon's grandmother. I bowed and gave her a warm smile. 

"Come in, come in. " the lady chuckled as she led me up to Hyoyeon's room. The lady gave me a smile before going downstairs. The door was ajar and I could see Hyoyeon inside, stuffing things inside some boxes. I knocked on the door and came inside. She turned around to face me. I could see her eyelids were a little puffy and her bloodshot eyes were recovering.

"Well! This is it. " She exclaimed, trying to be happy as she threw her arms up as if to embrace her room. I smiled as I observed her for the last time. The way her hair seems to perfectly fall on her shoulders, the way her eyes light up. Surely, God does not make any mistakes on her. 

" Help me with these?" She pointed to a box on the floor.

"Sure." I replied as I lifted it up. I made my way downstairs as she trailed behind me carrying another box. Both of us walked to the van and handed the movers our load. 

"That's the last one. " She said to one of them, before holding my arm and guiding me back to the Maserati. "I'm driving, y'know." Hyoyeon said cheerfully, jingling a set of keys in her hands. I smiled widely, then congratulating her on it. " Do you want gunshot? Or are you jealous that I'm driving?" She asked me, giggling. I shook my head in amusement while opening the door for her. Then I made my way for my side of the car. I peered outside my window and saw the lady that I met just now. She was closing the door and rushing to the car. Hyoyeon giggled. "My grandma is still fit even though she's like three decades older than me."

The car's door clicked close as she went in. Hyoyeon then drove off while I fiddled with the radio. 

//////////////////////////

Thoughts: I'm seriously scared stiff. Nervous. What is this? I'm pretty sure I'll explode into screaming meemies sooner or later. I feel like I'm a bride. Okay, not a bride then. Hyoyeon's going off in a few hours. Wait, what time is it? Oh right, five in the evening. Okay, so we'll wait in the airport and stuff. Okay, right right. I'm probably going to cry soon. She's gone soon, I'll never see her again. But she'll probably move on and forget this like another episode of a tv drama. And maybe, I will too. Maybe I'll get a girl or something of the sort. How do I actually forget her? I can't and that's the painful truth. Seems like I'm shouting through a soundproof glass.

Just then, the car made a halt. 

"We're here." Hyoyeon called out to me and shook me gently.

"Huh? Oh." 

I opened up my door and the back door to let 'Yeon's grandma out. Yeon was talking things out to a man about the car and I waited patiently with Grandma. We were near a train station called Honam.

"You sure are a nice young man." Grandma chuckle heartily. Yeon and her had a similar cute trait. "I'm Yeon's grandma. You can call me Grandma Kim. Or Grandma, too." Grandma Kim chuckled again, bearing her almost toothless grin. 

"Arraseo." I smiled.

" You like Hyoyeon?" Grandma asked me. I nodded, then looking away to hide my slight blush. "Oh."-Chuckles-" You're better than her suitor, I must say!" 

"Aniyo, I'm just her friend!" I replied. Hyoyeon then joined us.

"What are you guys talking about?" I looked at Grandma and laughed. Grandma pressed her finger to her puckered hips and cheekily hushed me. "Eh? sigh.. you guys..Come let's go." Hyoyeon cajoled us. 

I held Grandma's arm firmly as the three of us climbed the stairs that led to the train station together.