Flight

A New Sign of Love

___________________________________________________♥

Your POV

I woke up and the room was still dim like the night before. I looked at the clock reading 12:00 pm. I couldn't believe it was already the afternoon though I’m sure last night was the cause of us sleeping in so late. I smiled to myself and tried to rub my sleepy eyes that began to burn just from opening them and in my attempt to move my hands, my arm was restricted from under Yoseob’s grasp. I glance down to my chest seeing how he managed to snuggle up onto me in the middle of the night. He looked so serene and relaxed I felt bad for having to move him. My skin felt so dirty and I needed to shower before we had to leave. As I struggled to slide out of his arms, he gripped me tighter with every movement I made. I sighed looking down at his heaving up and down on my chest. I got an idea. Having just enough room I began to lightly tickle his rib cage with my fingers causing him to squirm and loosen his grip. I giggled. It worked. Yoseob whined and flopped to the other side of the bed and positioned himself in a sleeping fetal position with his hands between his legs. I had to cover my mouth from squealing at his cuteness. Admiring him for a bit I lightly pecked his cheek then brought the covers over his shoulder to keep him warm before stealthily tip toeing my way into the bathroom for a well needed shower.

Yoseob’s POV

*its cold. why do I feel so cold?* I reach for blankets to pull over me then noticed they were up by my neck. I then feel the empty space beside me and panic *Where is she?!*

I open my eyes and tried to focus on my surroundings. I’m alone. 

“She left without saying goodbye?” I felt pressure grow in my chest from the possibility that she good be gone but I was certain that she wouldn't leave me without saying goodbye. Would she?

I quickly leaned over the bed to discover our clothes were still scattered across the floor. Finding her dress still lying on the wooden surface I felt enormous relief.

“Ahh!! I almost had a heart attack!” I collapsed onto the edge of the bed. 

I was so relieved, I immediately thought the worst just by not having her beside me. Then it hits me. 

The feeling I’ve been trying to hold back to show her support. Putting up a facade to let her know that I understand her reason for leaving and how it important it is but it truly tears me up inside. I want to scream and cry so bad it hurts. It hurts to hide these feelings of fear that maybe.....what if she might not come back. Its so painful just thinking about it just try to shove it out of my mind. It will only depress me more than I already am but I cant show that to Layla. I need to be strong for her who is already at a breaking point of distress. Seeing me upset will only weaken her more than what she is already trying to play off. Being strong for herself, her family, and me.

I hear a door open and orient to the bathroom across the archway. Layla quietly walks back into the room in a white robe with dripping wet hair. Looking at her a LITTLE differently I think to myself *I’m such a ert*

Layla catches me staring at her and smiles “Your awake!!” she cooed and walks over to the bed. 

I can smell the scent of vanilla linger off her body as she tousles my hair with her fingers. “How did you sleep?”

Totally unsuspecting Layla yelped as I grabbed her waist and yanked her onto the bed right beside me. I then wrapped my arms around her and made myself comfortable on the fluffy wrap that covered her chest.

I snickered “Really good!”

She giggled “You know. This was how you were when I woke up? I had to tickle you just to get out of the bed!”

I pouted “Wae?! you should've stayed here until I woke up. I thought you up and left me I was so scared” gripping her tighter, Layla kissed the top of my head.

“Seobie you know I wouldn't do that”

I nodded. It was only me that was expecting the worst. I stretched up to Layla’s face, kissed her cheek and softly spoke in her ear “I forgot to say it earlier but...you don't know how nice it feels to hear you call me “seobie” again”

“Oh not OPPA?” she joked

I laughed “OPPA is for meant for something else..” I winked “..but when you call me “seobie” it makes me feel special like how I call you “Yeobo”...only you no one else”

Layla smiled “Well Seobie...you don't know how great it feels to have to next to me...you were gone too long” She weaved her fingers through my hair and pulled me closer.

This is torture. I’m going to miss this so much. Its hard not to think about her being out of my life for God knows how long. I meant every word when I told her I’d wait I genuinely believe I wont find anyone else that I’ll feel more enamored and attached to than Layla. I swallowed a big lump in my throat and forced back tears I promised I wouldn't show but I don't think I’m able to fake it any longer.

Your POV

“Don't forget me” Yoseob whispered faintly

I held his face and turned to look in his eyes that began to water. He tried to smile but couldn't manage to make it believable that he was okay. Yoseob got off of me to sit up and dropped his head, only staring into his hands that laid in his lap. I slowly followed, crossing my legs in front of him and firmly grabbed his hands.

“Since I have met you there hasn't been a day where you did not roam inside my mind 24/7 and do you know how tight you have me wrapped around you?, forgetting you....its not possible”

He sniffed and quickly rubbed his eyes trying to make it seem that he wasn't hurting. “I’m sorry” 

“What are you apologizing for?”

“For being like this....I promised myself I wouldn't show you any bit and sadness but-” he exhaled trying not to cry. 

Tears started to stream down my face. I put my hand under his chin to look at me so that he could see he wasn't alone with feeling pain.

“Seobie...its getting even harder for me not to cry...we cant be strong forever” I said with a smile while my tears continued to trickle down my cheeks.

Yoseob’s eyes were red and his nose was swollen. He looked as if he lost me and continued to stare as if I was already gone. His arms reached up to my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug.

“I’m going to miss you SO MUCH!!”

I his hair while he let himself cry on my shoulder. Still holding back a lot but let out just enough so that he could manage his emotions better. I cried with him but still wanted to stay strong for us.

“I already miss you”

He did a light chuckle “Why are you stealing my line?”

“Who says it was yours?”

“Fine its ours!” 

I giggled then kissed Yoseob’s neck before we pulled away. His gaze was strong again that I shyly looked aside then quickly realized something.

“Your still !!”

He glanced at his lap then back to me “Oh...I guess I am” he leans forward to kiss me but push my palm against his lips.

“MMAEE??” (Wae!)

I point to the clock “You need to get ready” 

He then removes my hand from his lips and pushes me against the bed. “It can wait” he smirked and I shook my head.

“I’m sore anyway there’s no way I’m lett-”

Yoseob cut me off “What are you talking about? I just wanted to kiss you” he pecked my lips and got off me, taking the bed sheet to cover his .

“Nasty...kekeke” he teased and quickly ran to the bathroom before he was almost hit by the pillow I threw. I missed him right when he turned. He came out the corner and stuck his tongue out. “No peeking either!”

I laughed a little feeling more embarrassed for thinking so dirty “Ugh the things he does to me....I’m know I’m going to go crazy without him”

I let out an exasperated sigh and collapsed back onto the bed. I covered my face with my hands trying to flash forward through my future how will things turn out.

“What am I going to do?”

---------------------

Yoseob walked me to my dorm and we stayed in place before the door. Not saying anything but holding each other in our last moment. I let myself get comfortable at the crook of his neck and pecked it lightly. Yoseob squeezes me tighter as I reciprocate with the same force. I played with his hair making sure to remember how soft and silky it felt between my fingers also letting his body leave its presence against mine so that when we parted I would still feel him holding me close. He wouldn't be far from me.

Yoseob exhaled “When does your flight leave?”

“9 at night”

He pulled back “Chincha?”

I nod “You leave for Japan tonight too right?”

“Ne...how did you-”

“Kikwang told me but that he didn't know when you would be boarding...do you?”

He shook his head and suddenly smiled “Maybe I can see you one last time before you leave!!”

I smile widely “I hope so...think you’ll be able to?”

“I’ll make sure of it! I’ll be there!!” he grinned reassuringly

I jumped excitedly and held him tight for one more hug “Bye Seobie-”

“LALALALA!!” he quickly stuck his fingers in his ears to drown me out.

I looked at him confused “What are you do-”

“Don't say that to me! Don't ever say that word that represents an ending between us!” he said sternly

I apologized, not even realizing the deeper meaning to a “Goodbye” in this situation. I certainly wouldn't want to hear it from him either. Not when we are so fragile and close to our breaking point because we have to separate. I grimaced “Araso. Mianhe” 

I looked down at my feet feeling bad. Yoseob picked my head up and kissed me lightly “I’ll see you soon. Saranghae” he said before backing away and went down the stairs without looking back in attempt to leave wanting more. I always feel that way with him though. I didn't even see the logic in him trying to be that way it only makes me want him more than I already do......Ahh I get.

I turn into my door and quietly laugh at myself, realizing even now how infatuated I am with him. I turn the key and walk inside “He is such a womanizer” shutting the door behind me I go straight to preparing my things for the flight.

Yoseob’s POV

I walked towards the Beast dorm with the smile that never left my face since I last saw Layla. Right now it doesn't feel like she’s leaving because I’m going to see her one last time before she returns back to me in the next sum years I try brush from my mind. I didn't want to worry about that now, Just keeping all things Layla in my head. Everything I want to remember about her, all the memories and experiences I spent with her, and even all the tears and pain we went through together I want to remember and cherish them all because they demonstrate how much love I have for her and will do anything in order not to lose it.

I felt good. I was happy, not stressed, not worried or sad. I was in a great mood and as I went to reach for the handle the door swung open so fast I felt the feedback of wind being generated by the force sweep against my face making my hair flip.

It was my manager “YAH!! why was your phone off last night?!?!”

I stood there motionless. He was definitely angry with me “I-uh-”

“We’re running late!! YOU need to be packed and ready to leave in the next 10 minutes!!” he yanked me inside and pushed me towards my room where everyone passed me up and down the hallway trying to prepare their things as soon as they could.

“Wae? What’s wrong?!” I looked at him confused.

“We needed to take an earlier flight to Japan but we couldn't get a hold of you so we had changed it to the 9 pm flight now PALI PALI!!!

*9 PM!!!* “B-But I was supposed to see Lay-”

“Theres no time to talk you guys need to hurry and pack before we miss this flight too and your know how the traffic is!!”

“But hyun-” he walked away talking on his phone before I could say anything.

Breaking me out of my trance Kikwang nudged me into the room and gestured to the dresser to begin packing.

“Kikwang! what do I do??! Layla’s flight is at the same time we leave but I promised to see her off one last time!!” I exclaimed hoping he would give me some reassurance that we’ll have extra time but he was too focused on getting packed there wasn't much for him to say.

He looked at me apologetically “Mianhe I don't know what to tell you except maybe...if you hurry and pack now you might have a little time to go to her gate before we leave but let’s hope you’ll be able to..” he kicked my open luggage to my feet “..pali before our manager comes back to yell at you!” Kikwang quickly zipped up his carry-on bag and brought it out to the living room where every one gathered their things.

I grimace at my luggage and begin to rush pack hoping to be done in enough time to make it to her

--------------

While rushing through the crowd of fans I tried to read the flight board seeing which terminal Layla would be in. Hopefully we will be in the same area.

“YAH YOSEOB WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!” my manger frantically pointed towards the opposite direction to where Layla’s flight was supposed to be.

*NO!! Theres no way i’ll be able to see her off now!!*

“AHHH why is this happening??” I glance back down LA flight terminal then feeling a tight grip on my forearm.

“YOSEOB-AH!” he grabbed my arm and yanked me towards our flight gate while I trudged behind looking back in the direction where Layla should be.

“Why is it like this?! I need to see her!!”

[A few minutes prior to Beast arriving at the Airport]

Your POV

There were a line of fans with beast posters waiting at the entrance of the terminal.

*Is their flight the same time as mine?* I look up at the flight board and searched for the boarding time to Japan. *GASP!!* it was at 9pm also.

Kieu griped my shoulder wondering why I gasped in surprise.

“What? What is it? What happened?”

I pointed to the flight board and explained to her “My flight home is at the same time Yoseob leaves to Japan....he won’t be able to see me off”

Her eyes widened. She looked back at the crowd of fans waiting and back to me. “Well maybe...he will” Kieu smiled, trying to be optimistic as possible for me but I already had that gut feeling he wouldn't be able to. 

Now going down this terminal has become even more painful than before. I wont see him again. I wont be able to hold him one last time. All I could do was focus on the path in front of me. Not really thinking about where I was going, only letting Kieu lead the way while I was ruminating in my own thoughts, weighing out the odds of him miraculously making it to me right before I needed to leave. I imagined me sitting with Kieu waiting for my for flight to start boarding. I would be staring into my hands and then I would here.

“LAYLA!!”

My head shot up. I looked back searching for him through the mass of people weaving in and out of each other.

“Layla?...What are you looking for?” Kieu asked me warily looking in the direction of my gaze. 

I kept searching. I had hope that hearing my name wasn't apart of my daydream just now. Please let him pop out of the crowd and run towards me with open arms. I want him to collide against my body out of desperation to hold me as long as possible before I walked further down this long and lonely hallway. But no. It was just my thoughts playing a trick on me. I shut my eyes tight and turned back down the pathway. I could still feel Kieu’s eyes on me so I shook my head “It was nothing” 

She didn't question any further and continued walking with me. At least I had her to see me off.

-------------------

I dropped my back next to my chair and plopped my body down, securing my face in my hands to calm myself down. I don't know why I kept thinking he would be able to meet me here but it was all wishful thinking. It just wasn't going to happen but I did not want to come to terms with it. I wanted to keep myself in the delusion of him being here, he was just running late. 

Sighed, leaning back into the chair and slumping my head to Kieu. “I’m losing my mind”

She giggled “What are you talking about? I always knew you were a little crazy!!” she swirled her finger around her temple as I lightly shoved her away.

“Jerk!” I sniffed and looked away.

Kieu started brushing the strands of my long hair through her fingers “Don't worry...” I looked at her “..everything will be ok” 

I smirked and looked out the large glass window seeing the plane position itself at the tunnel to begin boarding “I hope your right”

Kikwang’s POV

I waved to all the B2uties. They looked so cute jumping up and down trying to catch a glimpse of us while we hurried down towards our gate. I looked over my shoulder to see Yoseob with his head down, concentrating more on the floor than the direction he was going. I elbowed his arm. Once he looked at me I smiled at him hoping to cheer him up but nothing worked. He just looked back down at the ground until we got to our gate.

“Ahhh YESSSS!!” our manager cheered and pumped his fist in the air “We made it just in time!!”

Our plane just started to board its passengers right when we got there. My manager was pleased but Yoseob certainly wasn't.

“Yah! Seob-ah!!” Doojoon tap Yoseob’s arm with the back of his hand “Cheer up man your going to worry the B2uties!” he pointed to the balcony above us where they were cheering. Yoseob put on a fake smiled and waved.

“Yoseob? your going to see her again right?” I asked him 

He sighed “That’s what we promised each other but....I was planning on seeing before she left for good....that’s all I wanted most” he looked at the line building up behind us to board the plane “...but obviously that wont happen”

I tried to sympathize with him but nothing anyone did right now would take him out of his mood. He was just too depressed to care about anything but Layla. 

Our manager handed our tickets to the attendant and just as we started to walk through we saw people walking back out the tunnel. Some looked irritated and worried while all of us on the outside were confused.

“Wha-What happened?” a man right behind us asked the attendant.

The phone on her desk rang. She answered, agreeing and understanding the situation she was told through the phone then hung up.

“I’m sorry everyone! it seems the plane is having a few problems so they are switching out planes for our passengers safety” people began to groan “I’m truly very sorry for the inconvenience but if you could please take a seat back in the waiting area we will resume boarding once everything is situated but as of now the flight to Japan will be delayed for a short time I’m sorry!”

Once she was done people began retreating back to there original seats as we found some close by.

“Ah man!! I can’t believe the flight got delayed...perfect timing huh seo-” I looked next to me where Yoseob was standing a few moments ago but was gone now. I then looked down to find his back next to my feet. *where did he go?*

“Doojoon do you see Yoseob anywhere??”

He got up from his seat to look around us but he was nowhere we could see

“Whe-where did yoseob go?!!?” he asked urgently and I just shook my head

“I don't know that’s why I asked YOU!!!” 

He rubbed the back of his head seeming at bit worried. “Do you think he’s in the bathroom??”

I shrugged though I’m sure that could be a possibility. I looked at the flight board reading DELAYED next to the flight JAPAN and glanced through all the other flights out of curiosity when one in particular caught my attention.

The LA flight was NOW BOARDING.

Kieu’s POV

I couldn't stop my tears from falling. My best friend was leaving and I was going to miss her so much.

“T-Tell your mommy I said HI okay...Y-You promise!!” I sniffed as Layla’s eyes began to cry but she was able to control her tears better than mine.

“I’ll call you somehow once I land....I’ll be seeing you soon”

I quickly nodded. Of course I would see her when I get back but it just wasn't the same her without her. I hysterically wrapped my arms around her almost making us stumble. I gripped her as tight as I could before she needed to get in line.

“I’m g-going to miss you s-soooooo much!!’ I spoke between cries.

She nodded and kissed my cheek “I’ll see you very soon!!”

Intercome: The flight to LA is now boarding. Please have your tickets ready when you reach the attendant booth to board the plane.

I smacked my lips “GAHH!! WHY IS TIME GOING SO FAST!!” I yelled out of impulse not realizing I was literally yelling in Layla’s ear.

“OWWW!!!!” she pulled away, rubbing her ear with her hand.

I smiled apologetically “I’m sorry”

She lightly chuckled and shook her head. She glanced over at the line and back to me. “I need to go”

I nodded and watched her grab her things and wave lightly as she got assembled in line to board.

Yoseob’s POV

I ran. Reaching her was my main focus now. I didn't care who was in my way, who I passed, who might spot me. Nothing. I planned to push my body to its very limits. I need to see her before to gets on the plane. I’m not sure how much time I have so I took extra caution to make sure nothing stood in my path. Dodging, shoving and forcing my way through every obstacle in the airport, finally passing the entrance of the airport now heading down her gate. I was getting close.

Kieu’s POV

My lips started to blubber giving me the urge to scream out “I LOVE YOUUU!!!” I waved to her jumping up and down.

Layla froze in line. She covered her face and discreetly waved back. I must have embarrassed her but I didn't care. It just hurt so much to see her line getting ready to leave.

“UGH I cant take this anymore!” I turned around and headed towards the exit. I didn't bother looking back. I know I’ll see her again and since it hurt too much to see her go I decided to leave.

Me being there was probably making it harder for her to say goodbye. Now she’s going home to another crisis of her mom’s illness. I cant even imagine what she’s going through right now. 

Lost in my own thoughts I was forcefully pushed by some guy in a hurry that I almost fell back. 

“OOOF!!” I quickly regained my balanced and furiously whirled around to eye the culprit and then it occurred to me. That guy looked a lot like Yoseob. It was almost to good of a though that Yoseob could have possibly made his way to see Layla even though he should be on his flight to Japan at this very moment. But he went by so fast I wasn't really sure if I was seeing things or not. He frantically passed through everyone heading toward the LA gate. No bags, no luggage but just him running on a mission. Could it be?

*GASP!!* “Is he going to make it?”

Yoseob’s POV

As many times as I have been to an airport none of them had seemed as long of a hallway than this one. Why did it seem like there was so much more to travel through then the last time I’ve been here? Why does it feel like its taking me forever to get to Layla? Everyone just keeps getting in the way I’m getting so irritated.

“AH !” this girl is right in the middle of my path not even paying attention to her surroundings. Now she’s about to get bulldozed down because my legs are in no way stopping just prevent us from colliding while I’m still far from my destination. SORRY.

“OOOF!!” she grunted as my arm had rammed against her chest automatically making room for me to pass. But wait...was that Kieu?? NO. Theres no time for me to worry about her. I cannot stop while I’m ahead.

I’ve finally reached the boarding gates on the other side of the Airport. Layla should be here. 

“Where is the LA gate at??” in a frenzy I rushed around the terminal and glanced at each sign until I found. 

LAX NOW BOARDING..

I stopped in my tracks. Just a few feet away there was a group of passengers preparing to enter the plane. And there she was. Just a slight glimpse and I immediately identified that it was her.

“LAYLAAA!!!” she hears her name and turns around while I run with all my strength to catch up to her. Our eyes met and not a moment later her eyes began to glisten with tears. I unconsciously did the same. Once I got close enough I bent down a little, reached out my arms to grasp her hips and lifted her up to spin her around in my embrace while she gripped onto my shoulders and held the back of my head firmly into her chest. I carried her out of line and off to the side where I set her down and framed her face in my hands to kiss her lips not caring who saw. I felt her arms wrap my waist and hold me closer as I continued to press harder into her lips. Never do I want to forget this feeling of her being in my arms, never in my life will I ever see someone as beautiful as the person I am holding now and I will always remember to keep her in my heart until I meet her again. I guarantee I will get her back and continue on with my life with Layla beside me.

I pulled away to look at her face. She was crying hard.

“I promised I wouldn't cry but I cant help it. I didn't think you would come-”

“I didn't think so either but I’m here now. I’m here with you! Just you and me. No one else” I gripped her face and kissed her again. I always want to remember how her lips felt against mine. This time I felt everything. My senses were going haywire. I could perceive every crevasse of her lips, how incredibly soft her face was, how slightly shorter was to me, things I never really paid attention to till now. All I did was focus my thoughts and feelings on Layla and now more than before I want her in my life. For the rest of my life. 

I felt the lump in my throat begin to grow “YOU HAVE TO PROMISE ME.”

Layla couldn't stop crying. I focused my eyes on hers while she continued to weep “Yeobo LISTEN.” 

She fought her cries almost instantly and kept on my gaze “You have to promise me. promise me you will come back. promise that you wont fall for anyone else. that your heart is only with me and prom-” I lost control. I started to really breakdown in front of her. I couldn't even finish my sentence my breathing wouldn't let me get a word out.

LAST CALL FOR BOARDING...

Layla glanced at the entrance and brought her full attention back to me. She pulled me into her chest, caressing the back of my head and cooing me to relax. But I couldn't.

“P-Promise me...you wont leave me...alone” I faintly spoke against her ear.

Baby?....seobie?” she pulled away to wipe my tears and kiss my lips “I’ll promise you the world. I promise I’ll come back for you, I promise to keep my heart here with you if I can keep yours with me-”

“You've been having it-” I choked out

“Good...that’s all I need!!” She swallowed quickly fighting back her tears to show me her genuine smile letting me know everything will be alright.

She quickly kissed me one last time “I’m going to miss you” and slipped out of my grip to run to the attendant desk. She presented her ticket being the last person to board the plane and the last person to wave goodbye to her loved one. Me. She said “I love you” and blew me a kiss which I immediately caught it in my hand. 

I hope she is able to come back and I hope things wont change between us. We’re not sure how things will turn out in the future but I know that without her in my life I am not a whole person. Nothing else can remove that feeling except her. Layla is my everything and I’ll love her until the very end.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

3 Years Later....

___________________________________________________♥