I'm done...

A New Sign of Love

I was on a crazy roll when I wrote this and I just kept adding and finished at 2am lol sry if its alot let me know if it and i'll fix the following chapters orrrr any suggestions on what youd like to happen hmmmmm

Gosh I wish I typed this way with my essays-_-

____________________________________________________♥

Your POV

Yoseob and I were back to our busy schedules. We tried to talk or text just to see how we were doing but nothing more than that just enough to keep a good relationship and it was helping me cope but I was no where near recovered. Not being able to see him has been the only way to make it easy for me in getting over him but even that was hard. 

Heading into work today I was greeted by my new found coworker.

“Hi Layla!!”

I waved to him, walking to the back room to put my stuff away, he follows me.(yah that’s right he).

“So I had a question about the list of duties for today and I’m confused about how to do one of the chores..” He rubs the back of his head handing me a paper to look at for him. His name is Ryan and he is a new student they have hired at the agency. I’ve been given the job of training him for the past month so wherever I go he goes kind of like a little puppy. He’s a year and a couple of months younger than me but you couldn’t tell from his appearance. He is taller and looks pretty built not that I’ve noticed his chisled arms. And to top it off he’s real easy on the eyes but having this cute guy around me really hasn’t changed anything about my feelings for Yoseob. I can’t think or look at anyone else that way besides him. But having Ryan’s questions and little small talk around has helped distract me from thinking about Yoseob all day, I need a break before I explode.

“So how was your day yesterday?” he says in a sweet voice trying to encourage me to open up to him more. 

I laugh under my breathe. He always asks me about my day. 

“It was just a regular day...not much happened..” sighing from the reality of my situation “...I have no social life at the moment, its all school and work”

“Aww why don’t you call me to hang out with you, you have my number right?”

I give him a weird look “No I don’t have it but if I did I’d only use it for work related purposes”

“Why? I’m not bad company to have around..”

I scoff a laugh “No I guess your not but your a little player and I’m not into that”

“What?! I’m not a player...” Just then a girl came in the front door with a bag of food looking around the room. 

I motion him to the door. “Your 11th girlfriend is here”

He turns around waving to her. When she spotted him she got all excited and started to run towards him. He looks back to me.

“She not my girlfriend.....she my friend!” He smiles trying to make the truth of his situation less obvious.

“Well if that is what you call a friend I’ll pass”

She comes up behind him “Ryyyan!! I have your food babe!”

I grabbed some paperwork walking to my desk to continue working, leaving him to tie another girl around his finger. The thing about Ryan that I forgot to mention was that he is a huge flirt. I sometimes get a little jealous of the fact that he always gets free lunch everyday he comes into work from his many little “friends” that come down to visit him. After rewarding them with a kiss on the cheek his sends them off turning around to my desk and offers to share with me. Its free food so I usually accept but I didn’t feel so hungry today.

He scoops a spoonful of rice motioning the spoon to my mouth to open.

“Come on cute girls need to eat, you’ve been looking so sad lately”

I got a little worried “Do I really look sad?”

“If your gloomy expressions weren’t obvious your blank stares show it”

I didn’t think my face showed that much. I don’t know why it has hit me so hard. I’ve grown so attached to him I’m having trouble letting go.

“But don’t be too worried I think your face is cute either way I’ll be sure to make you smile when I see your face turn ugly”

His remark caught me off guard making me laugh. I hit his arm for being a jerk but he did make me smile and it really brightened my mood in that moment.

 

Yoseob’s POV

We got some spare time to blow for a couple of hours before our next practice so I decided to surprise Layla at her work. It was in the afternoon so I made sure to wear my sunglasses and hood so I wasn’t spotted. When I walked in I saw her talking to some guy. He was sitting on her desk staring her down. He said something to her that made her laugh, revealing that sweet smile of hers. I watched his eyes look her up and down flashing a smile in return.

*Oh hell no! this kid needs to back up* 

I need to get her away from this guy he obviously has an ulterior motive flirting with her like that.

I took off my glasses and hood without thinking about who would notice me and proceeded to walk towards them. One of the female workers screamed when she saw me. Layla looked towards the girl finding me coming towards her. I walked up to her desk and smiled. The guy started to get uncomfortable and got up from her desk, walking away to another part of the room.

*Yah that’s right!*

 

Your POV

“AHHHH!”

*Who the heck is screaming?* I looked towards the girl. following her gaze to see Yoseob walking towards my desk. My heart rate fastened. I was so shocked to see him here at my work I couldn’t even stand up from my chair. He approached my desk and smiled. I blushed. I didn’t even notice Ryan leave until I saw Yoseob’s head turn, staring at his back as he walked away. 

“W-What are you doing here?”

“Well hello to you too!”

“I-I’m sorry you just got me by surprise”

“That was the plan!!” he raised his eyebrows

“How were you able to find time to even come down here?”

“What I can’t come visit my best friend?” he almost seemed offended he crossed his arms and pouted.

I smiled “Yes of course you can!!”

“Good!!..When is your break let’s go get lunch”

 

We walked to a nearby public restaurant. He sat across from me handing me the menu.

“Aren’t you gonna eat too?” I asked giving him a menu also.

He put the menu back in the basket. “I like the food you order!”

I looked at the menu and told the waitress what we wanted. Once she left it was dead quiet at the table. I found it hard to make conversation when he was in front of me. Texting or calling was much easier to handle. He took off his sunglasses and hood.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I whispered loudly

“I can’t see you with my sunglasses on”

“But aren’t you afraid of getting noticed?”

He shrugged. “So.....whose that guy?

I looked up confused “who?”

“You know who! that guy who was flirting with you!”

I almost choked on my water “oh that guy...he’s just a coworker nothing special”

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked away from me. I was a little surprised by his reaction I’ve never seen him this way.

“Yoseob? are you jealous?”

“No!” he quickly said.

“oh” I looked away feeling a little discouraged by his answer.

“You should stay away from that guy you dont know what he might do!”

“Like what?”

“you know...like stuff?”

“What do you mean by ‘stuff’?” he was getting defensive now.

“I dont know!... I just didnt like how he was looking at you your my gir....” he stopped mid sentence, looking away embarrassed.

*he is jealous!!!*

“Your what Yoseob?”

He slowly brought his eyes to me ready to answer when the waitress came back with our food came. I gave her a dirty look... I mean it wasn’t her fault she interrupted a break through but she had wonderful timing. We started eating and the silence between us cam back again. All I heard was our utensils hitting the plate as we scooped up food. I went to grab a napkin from the middle of the table and Yoseob placed his hand on mine.

“What I meant to say was friend..”

I never hated the word “friend” as much as I did now. I wish he would stop saying it...I get it. I wanted to pull my hand back but he kept it in place. 

“Your a friend I REALLY care for you and I want to protect you..”

Listening to him I knew what he was trying to say but I wasn’t up for reading hidden messages. I was getting fed up with holding it in *say what you want! don’t keep me on edge* was what I wanted to say but looking at his angelic face, I couldn’t stay mad at him. I half-smiled and nodded letting him know I understood but those words only make it harder to resist him. 

“Yoseob I....”

“IS THAT YOSEOB?!!” he abruptly leg go of my hand putting back his hood and shades on. I looked back and noticed 3 girls coming to our table. Yoseob grabbed my wrist yanking me from my chair and dashing out the back exit of the restaurant leaving our food unfinished and unpaid for. We ran down the street a block away then he took us around the corner of building that surprisingly led me back to work but from the back side. A short cut I never knew about. We lost the girls just as fast as we got back to my work. He stood there holding my hand his back facing me. I know he wants to make us happy by spending time with each other but I can see that he’s too worried about how close we get and who may be watching. I’ll have to support him. Maybe it might even help give me extra practice in getting over him. It hurts to see him so torn. I let go of his hand and he turned around to look at me.

“Im so sorry!”

I shook my head “Its ok Yoseob I understand.” I put on a smile so he would feel more at ease.“you dont need to worry about protecting me”

“I am worried...” I placed my hand on his face and rubbed his cheek, he placing his hand on top of mine

“Please don’t. you have more things to worry about than me” He just looked at me with a pained face. I could see he didnt know what to say to me so I decided just end the day here.

“I-I should get back to work..” I looked towards the door and he nodded in agreement.

“Yah I should get back too...I’ll..call you when I can”

I just nodded and waved goodbye, quickly running inside heading to the nearest bathroom I saw. I grabbed some tissue to dry the tears that were ready to fall. I don’t know why I get so emotional when it comes to him it drives me up the wall seeing how weak I get. I just wish it wouldn’t hurt so much, he says he wants to be friends but his actions show otherwise. I hate the uncertainty. I threw the tissue away, taking a deep breathe to calm my nerves. I need to be strong for the sake my health the chest pain from holding in my tears is seriously going to kill me.

-------------------

A few days have passed and I spent those days studying for my exams this coming week. I was finally able to concentrate.

-BEEP BEEP BEEP-

It was Yoseob.

Let’s hang out 

I want to make up for last time^.^

*How does he even find time?* I sighed. I wasn't up for another incident like last time and I figured it was no use trying to hide my feelings in front of him. Not seeing him was easier.

Sorry I really need to study

maybe next time.

--

Ok then good luck!

I sighed. Denying him was hard but avoiding pain felt a lot better. I looked at my calendar on the wall marking the days until their performance it was approaching soon. I never seen them perform live so I was looking forward to it but the idea of watching him onstage gorgeously  lit under the lights, I’m wasn't so sure. Staring at my calendar I saw that I had work today but there was no way I could go with all the studying I needed to get done. I decided to call Ryan and see if he could cover my shift. I really didn't have his number nor did I want it but for this I needed it. I pulled up the employee list of contacts and dialed his number.

-Brrrrrr....- *That was quick”

“So....I thought you didn't have my number?” he said in a sarcastic tone.

“I didn't but I looked it up so that I could call you and ask if you can cover my shift tonight”

“Just for that!!”

I sighed “Yes!...so can you? I really need to study for school”

“Mmmmm....”

I took him a while to answer and I was getting a little annoyed.

“Ryan can you or not?!”

“Yah ok but only if you make it up to me”

*God this boy*

I didnt feel like arguing so I asked “What do you mean?”

“Go on a date with me”

I quickly answered “NO” and hung up but that didn't stop him from calling back.

-BUZZ....BUZZZ-

I picked up my phone “What!”

“Gosh your so mean!”

“Well your stubborn I already told you I’m not interested....but thanks for covering me byee” I said it in a cute tone ready to hang up.

“WAIT!!”

“What?”

“Ok how about at least lunch?”

“Thats still a date”

“No its not. its a casual outing with a friend..”

“Not buying it”

“Aww!! come on you cant just use me like that”

I was getting frustrated from his hardheadedness “If I were to hang up would you call back and still bug me?”

“Yup...unless you say yes”

“Ugh! fine yes!!”

He cheered in the background. “Ok see you in 5 minutes”

“Wait what?!”

“Dont worry its on me I’m already outside your building. see you!!” 

He hung up.

“What the hell?!!” I looked outside my window...he was seriously there. “He even knows where I live?” 

“Who does?” Kieu came out from her room from hearing me yell. She looked out the window and saw Ryan.

“Oooo he’s cute!! who’s he?”

“No one important!” I sighed and I went to grab my jacket. If I dont go he’ll just keep pestering me.

“I’ll be back”

“Ok be safe” I nodded and left the dorm.

 

Yoseob’s POV

I really wanted to apologize for last time so I thought of surprising her again but this time at her dorm. I decided to buy her flowers too hopefully encourage her with her exams too. When I reached her door I sighed. *I love this girl too much* I knocked on the door. Hearing the door knob turn to open my heart skipped a beat. I put the flowers in front of me to hide my face so I could surprise her when the door opened.

“Can I help you with something?” I was confused. That didn’t sound like Layla. I moved the flowers and I saw Kieu at the door. *Dang...ruined my plan*

“Ah! Yoseob what are you doing here?”

“Hi Kieu I came to visit Layla is she home?” I looked behind Kieu to see inside but I couldn't spot her.

“Oh no I’m sorry she went out”

“Oh really I thought she was studying”

“Yah she was but some guy had called to see her and she went out with him somewhere”

My heart dropped. I had no idea what to do. I handed Kieu the flowers without saying anything and walked away.

“Wait Yoseob its not what you think!”

I couldn't even think to understand what she meant by that. Of course its what I think it is. She’s went out with some other guy. Probably someone better for her. I decided to take the long way home I needed some air to think.

 

Your POV

I got back and found flowers on the kitchen table.

“These are pretty who are these for?!” I yelled to Kieu from her door. There was a little card poking out from the flowers that read my name. 

“There from Yoseob” My heart fastened. I turned to her.

“He was here?!”

She looked at me worried “Yah a little after you left”

“What happened is he ok?” I pulled the card out and opened it.

Good luck on your exams!^-^ Fighting!!! 

“He came to visit you”

“Did you tell him where I was?!”

“I’m sorry Layla I think he got the wrong impression”

“What did you say?!!”

“I said you went out with some guy so he just handed me the flowers and walked off before I could explain!!”

I shook my head in disbelief. This isn't good. I dont want him to think I’m dating some one when the only one I want to be with is him.

“I’m so sorry!!” She was on the verge of tears but there was no time for me to console her. I needed to clear up the misunderstanding. I grabbed my phone from my room that I forgot to bring with me when I left and opened it. There were no calls. He didnt even try to call and ask me personally but why would he with the assumption he had in his head. I quickly dialed his number......he didnt answer. I kept dialing while walking out of my apartment leaving Kieu alone.

He wasn’t answering. I was so scared I frantically started to text him.

Yoseob I need to talk to you 

please pick up

I was halfway down the street approaching the cafe. I dont even know how I moved so fast. I glanced inside the cafe window seeing if he might be in there but he wasn’t. Even though I knew he wasn't going to answer I still tried to reach him not giving up.

Please I really need to talk to you 

about what happened.

I had no choice but to walk all the way to Beast’s building. I knew it was far and I really don't know how I knew to get there but I just went not caring what or who came in my way. 

 

Yoseob’s POV

I heard a loud knock at our. I knew it was her but I didn't want to answer.

She knocked again. Doojoon got up from the couch and went to the door. I quickly ran behind a wall so that she couldn't see me. I heard him open the door.

“Hey long time no see what are you doing here?!!”

“Wha?! who is it?” Kikwang came out of his room and saw Layla outside the door. “Oh its my pretty girlfriend!! I missed you!!”

“Noona!!” Dongwoon also ran to the door.

Everyone crowded around except me I wasn't ready to see her right now.

“Hey guys” her voice sounded shaky

“What’s up everything ok?”

“Yah I’m ok I just came to see how you guys were doing”

“Mmm you sure? or are you here to see Yoseob?”

“Is he here?!!” her voice shot up. I wanted to signal the boys to tell her I wasn’t but they were to far to reach.

“Yah he’s here I’ll go get him” Hyunseung came around the corner and found me posted behind the wall. He looked at me confused trying to pull me out from hiding. I resisted. He looked back at me.

“COME ON!!” saying this loud enough for everyone to know where I was at including Layla. I glared at him.

“What?!” 

I moved past him coming out from hiding.

“See there he is!” Junhyung gestured towards me, Layla meeting my gaze as I walked towards her. I walked straight through the group pulling her away from the entrance closing the door behind me. 

“Yoseob please...”

I didn't let her finish her sentence. I wanted to get us to a more private area away from anyone who could find us. I found an empty office room that was located on the floor of our apartment building. I opened the door and pulled her inside. Turning on the lights, I closed the door and locked it. I was still facing the door finally deciding to turn around and look at her. Light tears were falling from her face

“Yoseob really its not what you think..”

“Then what is it?”

She paused and little taken back from my response. What did she expect me to say? 'its ok. I understand' I didn't.

“I just went to lunch thats all”

“But not alone” My tone was calm but hard I couldn't help that.

“Well no...I wasn't...but its nothing serious”

“Who was it?”

“M-My coworker”

“He asked you out?”

“Yah he did but I told him I didn't like him...please believe me its not what you think I’m not dating anyone” 

“Your...not?” she shook her head

“Why not?” she didn't answer this time. 

She wiped the tears from her face and sniffled due to her dripping nose. I started to feel bad for interrogating her. I’m the one who told her I wanted to be friends even though it was a complete lie, I still decided to keep it that way. Now Im standing here acting like some jealous boyfriend when I have no right to question her at all.

“I’m sorry..” I apologized as softly as I could show I wasn't mad. She looked up to read my face.

“I believe you” I nodded.

She walked up and wrapped her arms around me. I did the same. It was a quick hug long enough to show we understood each other. 

She sniffed “Thank you...for the flowers there beautiful”

I smiled “Your welcome....I’m sorry for acting that way I had no right”

She shook her head and just smiled. I wasn't sure how to take that but I let it go it started to get a little awkward. I didn't know what to tell her without starting up a new complication I know she doesn't need right now. I did believe her words but I still had doubt. And I tried my best to convey it through my expression but I was just a little shaken up from the possibilities. What happened today was a wake up call. I’m done holding back my feelings. If it continues this way I may actually lose her and I couldn't handle that. What ever happened between her and that guy it didn't matter because I’m not gonna let him take her away. If he’s my competition I can surpass him. I just need to find a way to show it to her

“I think you should go home its getting late I’ll call a car to take you back”

She smiled “Thank you”

------------------------

A walked her out of the building to the car that was waiting outside for her. I opened her door and closed it once she got in. I told the driver her address and leaned on the window seal while he programed it into his navigator. I looked at her sweetly making a cute face hoping it would make her laugh. She giggled. I don't want to runaway from her anymore. I don't know when or how but I’ll try to win back her heart even though I’ve put her through so much pain. I’ll fix that. The driver nodded he was ready.

“I’ll see you at the concert!”

She smiled then nodded “Goodbye Yoseob”

“Goodnight Layla”

He pulled away from the curb and drove off into the street taking my precious cargo home.

____________________________________________________♥

SO much DRAMA!! why are you so indesicive?! lol

sry if its too much:/