What Happened?

A New Sign of Love

sorry guys i kno i left you hanging for like what...2 weeks...sheeesh!! all I can say is summer school>( 5 weeks= fast pass= more work...but  anywho whoo finally!!

______________________________________________________________________♥

Doojoon POV’s

I looked around the room and saw everyone but the birthday boy.

“Aye Junhyungnie, where did Yoseobie go? I still haven't given him his ‘Birthday’ present yet” I began cracking my knuckles to get myself ready, its all out of love of course.

Junhyung smirked at me and shook his head “He’s down the hall but I just sent Layla so let them have their time”

I dropped my arms “Awww!! fine I’ll get him at the dorm”

He laughed “Yah your not the only one who feels that way” Junhyung began rubbing his hands together mischievously “We’ll wait until he sleeps” I nodded slowly in agreement.

Me and Junhyung were about to grab some more food to eat when Layla came out of the hall, hands hovering over with endless tears running down her face.

“Oh my god Layla what’s wro-” not letting Kieu finish, Layla ran straight passed her headed towards the front doors.

“Yah!! ITS TOO COLD OUT THERE YOU’LL FREEZE!!” before I could catch her I heard louder footsteps come down the hallway.

“LAYLA!!” Yoseob ran through the room out the same doors Layla did.

“YOSEOB!!” Everyone ran after them putting on our jackets then grabbing Yoseob’s before stepping outside.

 

Yoseob’s POV

“LAYLA!!” As soon as I entered the room I had seen the front door cracked half open instantly knowing she had went outside making me even more concerned and worried for her safety. I heard Doojoon call for me but my body and mind were not in sync with each other. My main objective was to catch Layla.

It was the coldest time of the night and I could barely feel my hands the minute I stepped outside. I immediately scanned left and right and she was no where I could see. I picked a direction ran as fast as I could hoping to find out which way she went, searching for footsteps in the faint snow to give me any clues I could get.

“YOSEOB GET BACK HERE!!” everyone began running after me as I kept running forward to catch Layla but my limps grew tired with the tight and chilling breeze of the cold weather outside. I stopped for a second to catch my breath while searching around me, thinking of where she might’ve gone. For every exhale, puffs of air came out my mouth clouding my vision. I needed to find her.

“Yoseob!!!” Doojoon ran up behind me and quickly covered me with my jacket. I put it on and zipped it up and went back to look for her again.

“NO WHERE ARE YOU GOING??” he held me back by the hood of my jacket.

“LET ME GO I NEED TO FIND HER!!”

“Ok but let us help you first, get back in before you catch something!!”

“No theres no time to wait Layla is out there cold, alone, and heartbroken all because of me!!......because of me....so I need to go find her if it kills me!!” I yanked my jacket out his grasp and continued to run on the same path.

 

Your POV

My adrenline rush was at its peak the first 2 blocks but the cold won me over. I felt like the limbs of my body were about to freeze up and break off if I didnt find shelter quick but I had no clue where I was. I kept wiping my tears hoping to see more clearly but it was no use I was lost.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE?!?!”

I truned around to a voice yelling at me in the distance. I saw a small figure waving me down to get my attention.

“You get in here NOW!!!” I heard her order me more intensely as I walked closer to where she was standing. Once I approached her she quickly yanked me into her shop and rushed to sit me at a table. Hurrying away to the back of her shop she retuned with a blanket and scarf to wrap around me. It wasn't until I stepped in, sat down, and saw her bring out the blanket was when I realized my body was stone cold and stiff from the freezing weather I was running in a while ago.

“YAH!! ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!” I winced and shivered as she scolded me and at the same time rubbed me down to warm my body faster. 

“Oh my goodness!!! your so blue STAY HERE while I get you something warm to eat!!” 

With small but fast steps she made her way to the back kitchen to prepare me food. It was a small restaurant she owned and by the looks of it she was just about to close shop seeing chairs and food stacked and put away for the night. She must have seen me wandering around mindlessly just as she was about to leave. Faster than I thought she came back with a big bowl of steaming soup and placed it in front of me.

I wanted to thank her but I couldn't feel my lips nor did my mouth or body want to respond to her. All I could do was stare at her hoping she would understand me through my eyes as I tried to fight back my tears being so thankful she found me in time before I might have died outside and for taking care of me at my most vulnerable state.

She sweetly smiled “Yes I understand you....but please eat before you give me another heart attack”

I slowly gripped the spoon, it almost slipping out from my hand with my weak grip and sipped the soup it burning my mouth in the process but I was quickly getting warm with each swallow.

“Your not from here are you?” still eating I shook my head.

“Do you have a place to stay?” I nodded

“Do you know where you live or how to get there?” 

Shacking my head again I croaked out “I’m lost”

She slowly nodded “Well the weather is too horrid for you to be out there again..”

I slurped up the noodle then put the spoon down to give my burning mouth a break.

“It’s getting late...once your finished I’ll take you home arasso?!”

“Oh its ok you’ve helped me so much already I’ll ask my friends to get me” I pat my pockets to find my phone when I remembered I left it in my purse back at the party.

“What’s wrong?”

“I forgot my phone..”

“You can use the store phone at the front while I clean up” she smiled while gesturing to the shop counter. 

I started punching in numbers and realized I was dialing yoseob’s number then quickly hung up. My heart was beating so fast trying my hardest not to think of him right now otherwise I’d lose it. I picked the phone back up and dialed Kieu hoping she was somewhere away from Yoseob when she answers.

Brrrrr.....Brrrrrr.....Brrr-

“Yobeseyo?!”

“Kieu it’s me”

“....LAYLA!!!..” I heard voices in the background asking again if it was really me on the phone praying hard that Yoseob wouldn’t be around to try and talk to me. I didnt want to talk to him right now.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!”

“I-I really dont know-” 

She cut me off “STAY THERE I’M COMING TO FIND YOU!”

“Kieu no!! calm down I’m ok, I lady came to help me and she’s going to take me home just bring my stuff back and dont...” I couldn't even say his name “...dont tell him where I am”

“Layla what happened?” the worry in her voice made me want to cry. I wanted someone to console me and let it all out but right now I was stable I was able to hold it together for now.

“I...I’ll tell you later...see you at home” I hung up and swallowed the lump in my throat that was forcing me to scream out and cry.

“Ah your down with your call? let’s take you back” I nodded and followed her out the back exit to where her car was.

--------------------

I reached home and I knew I would be here before Kieu so I took my time climbing up the stairs. Reaching the top I glanced at the door absentmindedly having to double take when I saw him sitting next to my door huddled in between his legs. I was scared. I wanted to run away but as soon as he lifted his head I stood frozen in place. Yoseob was pale with swollen red eyes as he continued to stare at me with a pained face.

“Layla..” he called before I turned away not wanting to look at him. I didn't want anything to do with him. I soon heard quick footsteps coming towards me so I walked forward and around hoping to dodge him but he grabbed my arms and pulled me into his chest so tight I couldn't break away. His mouth was breathing hard against the side of my face. I cringed as he started to cry in my ear causing me to cry even harder.

“Please let me explain...” telling me in a broken whisper.

“N-NOO!!” I yanked my body to get out of his arms, he only gripping me tighter.

“PLEASE!!! I need to tell you what happened!!”

“I’ve heard enough I don't want to hear anything else!!”

“but its not what you think-”

“W-What else could it be?!?!” 

He didnt answer and because of that it pained me even more that he couldn't think of any excuse to comfort me although right now nothing he could say could make me forgive him so easily.

“I-I love you..”

“dont tell me that!!...”

“WHY!! I DO...I LOV-”

“YOSEOB!!” I placed my hands against his chest and vigorously pushed him away from me. Tears were falling down his face. This may be the first time I have ever seen him cry so hard. I sniffed and glared at him. There was no sympathy I could give him I needed to be away from him. I started to walk towards my door and I felt his eyes follow my every move from taking steps to the door and grabbing the hidden spare key to unlock it.

“NO PLEASE!! LAYLA I DONT WANT TO LOSE YOU!!” he held me from behind, feeling his body tremble as he cried into my shoulder. It hurt so much. It hurt knowing he kept this from me, lying to me, imagining him touch another girl I couldn't take it. I didnt want his body anywhere near me. My mind was on a repetitive cycle of negativity, anger, and pain.

“please...dont go...it was a mistake I thought it was you please....dont leave me..” 

I cried into my hands as he held me close “Y-You thought it was me?...” it hurt to know he couldn't tell the difference between a random girl and his own girlfriend even if he was drunk.

He hesitated not wanting to answer to the truth of his words. “..I love you...so much”

“Dont tell me that!! why are you saying that when you dont mean it!!”

“I DO!!” I shook my head

“YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME.....I dont want to lose you”

I was done with this conversation.

“Please...please just go away Yoseob if you love me like you say you do you’ll let me go I need time to think otherwise I won’t even consider giving you a chance to explain yourself...LET. GO.” 

Yoseob tightened his grip holding me longer for just a few more seconds before slowly letting go and once his arms left my sides I turned the key to unlock the door, squeezed through the small crack I opened and closed it shut, letting him know I didnt want him here. I immediately ran to my room, shoved the hello kitty Yoseob won me a while back off of my bed and collapsed into my pillow pouring my eyes out into the only thing that was here to console me. 

 

Doojoon POV’s

Each of us slugged our way into the dorm feeling more worried than exhausted. Yoseob wasn't picking up anyone's calls and seeing as how Kikwang wasn't even trying to contact him nor did he seem as concerned about the whole situation I had a feeling he had something to do with this whole mess. 

Before he went into the room I pulled him back by the shoulder and pushed him towards the couch in the living room.

“SIT.” I told him as calmly yet sternly as I could and to my surprise he listened. Junhyung, Hyunseung, Dongwoon then crowded around us curious as to what I was going to say to him.

“EXPLAIN NOW!”

“Explain what?!” he answered back in a defensive tone and now I was sure he did something to cause what happened to tonight.

“You need to tell me what’s going on now!!”

“Why are you asking me? that’s Yoseob’s situation not mine!”

“Oh really well you are more involved in “his situation” than you think”

He looked away scowling at the corner of the room.

“YAH!! look at me when I’m talking to you about something important!!”

Still looking away “Theres nothing for me to say!!”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOTHING?!?!” I was getting so fed up with his callous attitude I wanted to shake the heck out of him.

“Doojoon..” Junhyung held onto to my shoulder trying to calm me down.

“NO!! This fool knows what happened tonight and I know he had something to do with it!!” I pointed angrily at Kikwang and noticed his body tense as I kept accusing his guilty .

Kikwang then shot up from the couch “Whatever I’m not going to sit here and be interrogated for something that has nothing to do with me!!” and started to walk towards the door.

I was ready to jump this stubborn when I felt myself being forcibly held back by Hyunseung and Junhyung. 

“WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR GOING I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!

 

Kieu’s POV

I finally reached home after cleaning up the party turned disaster of a mess. I was so worried about Layla I wasn't even sure if she was home. I took the elevator because it was late and was way to exhausted to make my way up the stairs and as soon as the doors opened to my level I saw Yoseob in front of me looking down at the floor. I stepped out.

“Y-Yoseob!! are you-”

He walked passed me into the elevator. I turned to watch him step inside and looked up at me completely lifeless.

“Let Layla know I'm coming everyday until she wants to talk to me no matter what she says” Yoseob then pressed the floor button and let the doors close leaving me standing there without answers.

“What the hell happened?” I hurried my way inside finding out the door was unlocked. I went inside her room finding her crying into her pillow.

“Layla!!” I sat on the side of her bed and began rubbing her back letting her know I'm here.

“Layla...what happened?”

She lifted her swollen and tear ridden face from the pillow and looked at me in pain.

“KIEU!!!...” she grabbed onto my shoulders to hug me and I wrapped my arms around her tighter crying more into my chest.

“Layla its ok I'm here for you.....tell me whats wrong..”

She spoke in between sobs “I-I...want...to go... HOME!!!”

"WHAT? why tell me what happened??"

She mumbled into my shoudler. "W-What?!"

"He...he cheated on me!!!" 

I gripped her tighter as she poured out everything that happened.

 

Kikwang’s POV

I was getting so irritated with Doojoon I just wanted to leave. Maybe its just me but I dont like people yelling at me for something they no nothing about it was getting me angry and with the both of us at this state I knew it wouldnt turn out well. I ignored Doojoon trying to lunge at me and as soon as I opened the door there was Yoseob. He was expressionless as he looked up to see my face and in that second Yoseob pushed me back unexpectedly making me fall to the ground where he took that opportunity to jump on top of me and punch wherever he found an opening. I blocked whatever hits I could with my arms but it wasnt helping much because Yoseob was fast enough in his actions to work around my defensive pose. Then as quick as I fell on the ground I felt his weight being lifted off my body by Junhyung and Hyunseung who pinned him back on the wall while Dongwoon came to help me up.

“ARE YOU HAPPY?!?!...IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!?” Everyone stared at Yoseob lash out at me, crying at the same time. He then slipped out of the two’s grip who were probably so absorbed in the fight they forgot about holding him as he went to grab at the rim of my shirt.

“WHAT?!! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY NOW!?!?!!”

I roughly pushed him off me “Back off me man!! your the one that messed up don't take the stupid act that you did out on me!!”

“It wasn't my intention to sleep with another girl and to hurt her purposely!!!” 

The guys gasped in shock finding out the truth.

“Doesn't matter its that fact that you did it and now she doesn't even want to talk to you!!”

“ YOU KIKWANG!!”

“YAH!!” Doojoon roared at the both of us quickly getting our attention. “CALM DOWN. BOTH OF YOU!!” 

Me and Yoseob continued to glare at each other before Doojoon pushed the both us to the couch to sit down.

“Whatever happened between you two it needs to end quick because I’m not going to have this fight going on inside the group!!”

We stood quiet looking away from each other as everyone else was staring at us with concern. Doojoon exhaled and rubbed his face, trying to calm himself.

“Why didn't you tell us?!?” the question was meant for the both of us but Doojoon looked towards me.

“It wasn't my business to tell..” I looked to Yoseob “You guys probably would've found out earlier if he hadn't kept it a secret for so long”

Yoseob snapped his head at me “Are you serious?!....you knew why I couldn’t”

“Even so you should’ve at least tried instead of acting like nothing happened”

Yoseob glared at me ready to cuss me out before Hyunseung interrupted him.

“Ok fine but why confront this issue on his birthday?! Like you said earlier this is Yoseob’s problem that has nothing to do with you yet you decided to intervene and attack Yoseob for something that was an obvious mistake and had no intentions of doing this purposely and in the process to push Yoseob to tell her the truth, when he clearly was unprepared for it, you turned the rest of his birthday into a disaster...even though YOU weren't involved in any of this” Hyunseung finished lecturing me emphasizing on the comments I made earlier. 

I stood quiet letting his words sink in and it was then I realized what I did was out of line and none of my business but I could not help feel bad for Layla, a friend I have come to care for but I ended hurting both of them in the process.

“S-Seob I’m sor-”

“Don't speak to me right now...you’ve already said enough” he said without looking at me. He then got up from the couch and went straight to the bedroom and slammed the door shut.

I was stupid. I got ahead of myself and should have let him deal with this on his own.

“He's our friend...your supposed to help him. not work against him” Hyunseung looked at me disappointed and went to follow after Yoseob.

Everyone ended up going to bed leaving me to think about the whole situation. I feel horrible..not because what happened was finally let out but how it was revealed was not what I wanted. I caused this and I need to apologize.

______________________________________________________________________♥

Im working on the next chapter now and I plan to have it out tonite(hopefully) to make up for the long update... oh and if theres any typos forgive me.